Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tigzzz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Wondering if anyone has had this issue before, happens roughly every 10th first lock. I will shoot a ball into the magneto lock area and it goes in and locks fine, however then the game dosent serve up another ball, does a ball check and then ends the ball like I drained. It will then go back to normal serving up the next ball of 3, I have only ever seen it happen upon locking the first ball. Guessing its a switch or opto problem?

#3 10 years ago

Had the same issue. I am not sure what the fix was. Checked the wires to the magneto lock and ball eject. All seemed connected. No changes. I recently re placed the shooter rod so it sat center of the auto shooting mechanism deal. After that....I have not had any issues period. Not clear to why that has fixed it. Hope it helps.

#4 10 years ago

It's got to be a flakey trough switch/opto imo. Wouldn't hurt to reflow them even if it's not the problem. They are always a weak point until it's done.

6 years later
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Alias:

Wondering if anyone has had this issue before, happens roughly every 10th first lock. I will shoot a ball into the magneto lock area and it goes in and locks fine, however then the game dosent serve up another ball, does a ball check and then ends the ball like I drained. It will then go back to normal serving up the next ball of 3, I have only ever seen it happen upon locking the first ball. Guessing its a switch or opto problem?

I am having the same issue. It only happens on the very first lock and only sometimes. Once you have hit a few other things or locked another ball it seems to progress without issue. I am wondering if you ever solved the problem or if anybody else knows the solution.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-magneto-lock-causing-missing-ball-issue?hl=tigzzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.