You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0632.JPG
Old_Wolvie.jpg
Jack_Burton_Nerd.jpg
xmencable-ahvb.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider britrex1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 11 years ago

I've played a few games on a couple of LE's and I don't think it's very good. I also think it's funny how everyone that bought it says how great it is and trying to build it's value like always instead of giving honest reviews but regardless here's mine. I thought the sounds were ok but i'm not an xmen fan so I don't know what they are supposed to sound like. Magneto sounds are terrible but other than that the rest are just ok. The playfield layout looks like it would be alot of fun but looks can be deceiving. The moving ramp is blah and yes does get in the way of view. The figures look like toddler toys and the Wolverine takes up way too much room they should have made him much smaller. The spinning disc was quite the let down after playing Tron but I like the magnet in it and the way it starts multiball similar to Twister. The scoop coming out of the pops like IJ4 is just LAME cause it drops in there about 98.5% of the time coming from the pops on the left side and a 50/50 chance of it going to the left side so if you miss the scoop shot most likely it'll end up in the pops and drop back down into the scoop anyways. I won't comment much on the rules as they are unfinished and may or may not ever get finished but I like the idea of the ruleset that it has. The artwork for the most part is very good. The cabinet decals look really good and the mirrored back glass looks awesome. The playfield art however seems kinda empty and I know it's based on the comic books but all the inserts with just a word on them look dull and the big circle with the X just looks lazy. Anyways overall I would say that X-men LE is decent I mean it is still pinball and it's brand new but it's not anywhere close to a MM or Tron or LOTR. I would rank it about the same as Transformers LE or for you B/W fans a fun factor of roughly NGG.

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I also like the inclusion of "everyone". Classic way to try to make a bs argument seem like it actually has weight. Some people who have bought it said they love it. Others have said it has great potential but needs software updates. Others have complained about the issues. There is actually a wide range of opinions from those who bought it.

You are right about 1 thing I shouldn't have said "everyone" I should have said "alot of people that bought it" as my statement not an argument does hold weight because it's true. The machine is quite the turd the way it sits and all these ratings and statements and/or arguments about how great it is are just to make themselves feel good about their purchase and just like I did with Transformers I tell it like it is. I'm glad I didn't get burned on this one. I'm sure as with any machine once they polish the code it'll be a decent machine all i'm saying is it's definitely not a top 20 like alot of the current owners claim it to be.

#170 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

This post is full of your own opinions stated like they are facts, "This machine is quite the turd", "are just to make themselves feel good about their purchase", "it's definitely not a top 20". You are using your "factpinions" to say that other people's opinions are biased and incorrect. I get it. You don't like X-men LE. You don't like people rating the machine before code updates.
For the sake of full disclosure, I haven't rated the machine yet as I am waiting for a code update, but for me it is a fun machine. As for "top 20", I wouldn't know. I haven't played all the currently ranked "top 20" to know how it would compare. I am happy with my purchase, I don't feel burned, and when I discuss what I like about it is because that is what I like about it. When I talk about what I don't like about it, it is because I don't like it.
EDIT - You are not telling it "like it is". You are telling it "like you think it is". There is a big difference.

LOL your bound and determined to turn my review into an argument aren't you? Well you win argument is over. Just because your all butt hurt about it I retract my thoughts about the machine and agree with everyone that gave it 10.0 on their reviews it's the best pin ever and will be #1 everyone should run out and buy one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider britrex1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-lenot-impressed-review-from-a-dark-knight?tu=britrex1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.