You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0632.JPG
Old_Wolvie.jpg
Jack_Burton_Nerd.jpg
xmencable-ahvb.gif
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 11 years ago

Guys, this was started as a review. To help others can we please start putting these comments in the original X-Men thread.

People are entitled to their opinion and I definitely got a little out of control. That being said, let's move these valuable posts to the original thread.

Thanks.

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I enjoy reading opposing reviews and hearing about what others think of machines, but this review just drips of a review with an agenda, esp considering the "EZSLEZEE" ending of praising ACDC and other games, while giving the financial advice of selling the game immediately because it won't go up in value, etc. Sorry, just can't take this review too seriously.

I only mentioned ACDC because I was at an arcade that had them both practially side by side and that is the last stern game to be released.

Quoted from cscmtp:

I gave a thumbs down for one main reason: "...and if you don't agree, you either own a machine and are in denial or are not a true fan." <--- this is pure stupidity.
Giving your opinion and then pre-assigning a mental state to anyone who might have a differing opinion is not cool, and it's a dead giveaway for an opinion with an agenda.

I actually agree with you and if there is one flaw with my review it was that statement. I deserve to get bitched at for that comment. Oh well, no one is perfect...........Your mother! lol

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I also like the inclusion of "everyone". Classic way to try to make a bs argument seem like it actually has weight. Some people who have bought it said they love it. Others have said it has great potential but needs software updates. Others have complained about the issues. There is actually a wide range of opinions from those who bought it.

You are right about 1 thing I shouldn't have said "everyone" I should have said "alot of people that bought it" as my statement not an argument does hold weight because it's true. The machine is quite the turd the way it sits and all these ratings and statements and/or arguments about how great it is are just to make themselves feel good about their purchase and just like I did with Transformers I tell it like it is. I'm glad I didn't get burned on this one. I'm sure as with any machine once they polish the code it'll be a decent machine all i'm saying is it's definitely not a top 20 like alot of the current owners claim it to be.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

You are right about 1 thing I shouldn't have said "everyone" I should have said "alot of people that bought it" as my statement not an argument does hold weight because it's true. The machine is quite the turd the way it sits and all these ratings and statements and/or arguments about how great it is are just to make themselves feel good about their purchase and just like I did with Transformers I tell it like it is. I'm glad I didn't get burned on this one. I'm sure as with any machine once they polish the code it'll be a decent machine all i'm saying is it's definitely not a top 20 like alot of the current owners claim it to be.

It's not deserving of top 20 right now. It's got lots of problems - all SW related. But those problems (like scoring not tallying) are very easy to fix and its 100% certain they will be solved. When that happens, I believe this machine very well could be in the top 20. However, I believe Tron LE and ACDC should be in top 20 also. I mean those games are all certainly better than old crap like Funhouse or Addams Family. So who knows...

#155 11 years ago

I agree about the magnet placement being in a bad spot. But I wouldn't be all gung-ho on the flow issue. Flow usually means another boring ass fan pattern cookie cutter game. We already have 50 games like that, so unique playfield layout all the way. Tho this one is nothing fantastic or original by any means.

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

This post is full of your own opinions stated like they are facts, "This machine is quite the turd", "are just to make themselves feel good about their purchase", "it's definitely not a top 20". You are using your "factpinions" to say that other people's opinions are biased and incorrect. I get it. You don't like X-men LE. You don't like people rating the machine before code updates.

For the sake of full disclosure, I haven't rated the machine yet as I am waiting for a code update, but for me it is a fun machine. As for "top 20", I wouldn't know. I haven't played all the currently ranked "top 20" to know how it would compare. I am happy with my purchase, I don't feel burned, and when I discuss what I like about it is because that is what I like about it. When I talk about what I don't like about it, it is because I don't like it. While you may have had a subconcious hidden agenda when you ranked your TF, don't paint everyone else with the same brush.

EDIT - You are not telling it "like it is". You are telling it "like you think it is". There is a big difference.

#157 11 years ago

I actually like my TF-LE and still waiting on the arrival of the X-Men-LE.
But I think that the machine should at least get a code update before anyone can judge the outcome of the game. AC/DC still has a lot of flaws with there code also, and cannot in the life of me see why it is ranked higher?
I guess time will tell, But I feel that the X-Men will rise.

#158 11 years ago

Stern take so long to finish code that by the time they finish, most people have reviewed the pin and do not bother to change it. ACDC needs a big update so hardly surprising not top 20.

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I actually like my TF-LE and still waiting on the arrival of the X-Men-LE.
But I think that the machine should at least get a code update before anyone can judge the outcome of the game. AC/DC still has a lot of flaws with there code also, and cannot in the life of me see why it is ranked higher?
I guess time will tell, But I feel that the X-Men will rise.

Why? If Stern chooses to release an incomplete game then they deserve the reviews it gets. Its going to be a solid year before the code is fully finished. Judging by the timeline and TFLE is still due to receive another update.

#161 11 years ago

Play it again w/ 1.2, kiddos....

*A* GAME!!!!!

#162 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Why? If Stern chooses to release an incomplete game then they deserve the reviews it gets. Its going to be a solid year before the code is fully finished. Judging by the timeline and TFLE is still due to receive another update.

Hey man I'd like to get all pissed off and respond to your post and all...but I got me 1.2 to play brotha!!!!

#163 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hey man I'd like to get all pissed off and respond to your post and all...but I got me 1.2 to play brotha!!!!

Yeah we get it, they released an update and turned pinocchio into a real boy. I'm happy because i will enjoy playing the new version much more than the other version which i also enjoyed, but enough with the crickets.

#164 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

but enough with the crickets.

they are killing me...LOL too funny

#165 11 years ago

It's not that amazing when a company silences a bunch of people complaining aboot a game not being done, but completing the game.
It's damn good news though.

#166 11 years ago

Code is much better. Needs some tweaks but is very acceptable and a great starting point. It just needs tweaks now and not major revisions. The early code was junk. V1.2 makes the game a top 10-20 more tweaks and its probably closer to a top 10.

I like the new code. I still think Stern should not have released the game with V1.1 as it was lousy

#167 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*A* GAME!!!!!

2nd this, the game rocks now !

#168 11 years ago

I never understood the SM stories. Now I do. Night and day. This game is really fun and down right exciting. The new integration of goals, call outs, animations and especially lightning are simply awesome. This is huge!

#169 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*A* GAME!!!!!

Yup....a hit for sure now!

#170 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

This post is full of your own opinions stated like they are facts, "This machine is quite the turd", "are just to make themselves feel good about their purchase", "it's definitely not a top 20". You are using your "factpinions" to say that other people's opinions are biased and incorrect. I get it. You don't like X-men LE. You don't like people rating the machine before code updates.
For the sake of full disclosure, I haven't rated the machine yet as I am waiting for a code update, but for me it is a fun machine. As for "top 20", I wouldn't know. I haven't played all the currently ranked "top 20" to know how it would compare. I am happy with my purchase, I don't feel burned, and when I discuss what I like about it is because that is what I like about it. When I talk about what I don't like about it, it is because I don't like it.
EDIT - You are not telling it "like it is". You are telling it "like you think it is". There is a big difference.

LOL your bound and determined to turn my review into an argument aren't you? Well you win argument is over. Just because your all butt hurt about it I retract my thoughts about the machine and agree with everyone that gave it 10.0 on their reviews it's the best pin ever and will be #1 everyone should run out and buy one!

#171 11 years ago

I would rank TFLE as better than Xmen LE = thanks for the review as i will give Xmen a miss now!

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

I would rank TFLE as better than Xmen LE = thanks for the review as i will give Xmen a miss now!

What crazy nut job would rate TFLE as a better game than Xmen LE? Just crazy talk that.

#173 11 years ago

Nu uh......best stern ever, haven't played it but I know.......cuz that what everyone said 3 weeks before it came out

All seriousness, can't wait to play it, thinking pro for me

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What crazy nut job would rate TFLE as a better game than Xmen LE? Just crazy talk that.

Someone who's never laid eyes or hands on one, that's who!

I guess watching YouTube gameplay videos is now a viable substitute for actually playing and rating a pin

#175 11 years ago

Don't get discouraged by those who "attack the messenger" because they don't like the message. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

#176 11 years ago

I know what your saying Drano, alot of pins get unjustified hype or hate, but I've played TFLE extensively Drano and I wouldn't rate it above any of sterns recent efforts except TRS, but hey this is an xmen thread so let's leave how much better TFLE could have been there.

#177 11 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

LOL your bound and determined to turn my review into an argument aren't you? Well you win argument is over. Just because your all butt hurt about it I retract my thoughts about the machine and agree with everyone that gave it 10.0 on their reviews it's the best pin ever and will be #1 everyone should run out and buy one!

If you bothered reading what I said, I never once argued with your review. I argued with you painting people who disagreed with your review as biased fanboys, and stating your opinions like they were well regarded facts. I am glad however that you changed your opinion on X-men, you won't regret it

Post edited by paul_8788 : Removing snarkiness

#178 11 years ago

Just to let you guys know Im a Stern fan - bought 8 NIb Sterns including TronLE ,TFLE Dec, ACDC LE Bib, tspp, lotr le, sm, potc, avatar le so Xmen doesnt really fit in this collection - Need something completely different fresh like a Acdc LE or Lotr etc

#179 11 years ago

Hahahah you make me laugh
X-Men Is Different! Nothing like an AC/DC Left ramp Right ramp.
Too crazy! P.s you Tron shows as Pro in profile btw.

You should at least play the game yourself before passing judgement, everyone has there own opinion, you might like it ?

#180 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

and how can you rate this or even have an idea when you have not even played one?

he has not rated it as far as I can tell from his ratings page.

#181 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

he has not rated it as far as I can tell from his ratings page.

Correct, I was just going to edit that

#182 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Correct, I was just going to edit that

Well you have it and your ratings are set to private . Could you just this once tell what you rated XM ? It is my #2 pin behind acdc right now. If you look at my ratings though, you can see I have just not played very many pins...yet.

#183 11 years ago

Mine is set to private until I receive the machine and get to play it
I have fingers crossed for Tomorrow to arrive.
Then update to 1.2
watching Videos that have been posted, it looks like it's going to rock.
Just hope that the TFLE will get some love in the next code!

P.s How can you rate the AC/DC so high with an unfinished code?
I like my Premium, But still needs some work.
If the code does not fill my need, I can see myself selling this and moving forward.
Hate the Stop start of the music all of the time when the ball drains etc.
Will see what time brings on the new code to come

P.P.S Have you updated your X-Men code Rommy?

#184 11 years ago

Play it with the new update and let me know! AA++ on the update.

2 months later
#185 11 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

The minut i saw the playfield i knew wolvie was to close.

Like you said, left side there is nothing you can hit with nice flow. I like to have equal sides on a playfield, i mean different in lay-out/shots, but equal in fun.

But i am sure other people will have a fantastic time playing this machine, and they deserve it. Cause its alot of money.

Shoot through the pops to orbit to the upper flipper, hit the left ramp to feed to left flipper, hit the right ramp to to feed the right flipper, hit the xavier shot to feed the VUK back to the left flipper... If you hit the shots you will notice the flow

#186 11 years ago

I played it for the first time last weekend. Hate the game, sorry fellas.
There's nothing about this game that makes me want to come back for another play (I spent all my time on ACDC LTBR).

New code didn't make up for the terrible feel of this game, Most definitely the clunkiest Stern I have EVER played.

#187 11 years ago

Does clunky equate to tight shots and missing them, lots of post shots? Flow is great - sometimes but only if you hit your shots and I rarely do.

I played XM and TRON LE at PHOF and went back and forth and XM was way more fun to the point that I keep wondering that I must be missing something due to all the TRON love! I almost bought TRON because I figure it must be better than I thought it was.

#188 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

I played it for the first time last weekend. Hate the game, sorry fellas.
There's nothing about this game that makes me want to come back for another play (I spent all my time on ACDC LTBR).

New code didn't make up for the terrible feel of this game, Most definitely the clunkiest Stern I have EVER played.

I feel the same way about acdc clunky, boring and way over-rated, easily one of the worst pins I have ever played in my life.
That's why this hobby is great, we all like differnet machines.

#189 11 years ago

Well I have a confession to make, I started this thread and I recently played a Pro with the new code and I thought it was much improved. They solved a lot of the Wolfy magnet issues by having it turn off. The Wolverine on the later run was adjusted perfectly so that the beast shot ended up being my favorite shot. The call outs were adjusted so they were not so repetitive and you didn't have to listen to Magneto talk so much about Homo-superiority. I would consider buying a pro, no questions.

#190 11 years ago

I think a new code update that allows mode stacking and polishes up a few other things will make this an incredible game... IF THEY EVER GET TO DOING IT.

#191 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I think a new code update that allows mode stacking and polishes up a few other things will make this an incredible game... IF THEY EVER GET TO DOING IT.

Well, if they don't I for one, wouldn't buy NIB ever again.

I think/hope they will.

#192 11 years ago

Checking to see if the update is out yet. Anyone know? 11-04-12

#193 11 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Checking to see if the update is out yet. Anyone know? 11-04-12

Press release stated around Christmas time.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-stern-update-plans

#194 11 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

P.s How can you rate the AC/DC so high with an unfinished code

Code matters not . I rate based on my personal play experience. I should prolly rerate AC/DC with new code, but have not had the opportunity to play one.

Quoted from Squizz:

P.P.S Have you updated your X-Men code Rommy?

To 1.2. I have not done the 1.21 update due to sheer laziness.

On a side note - I will be rerating XM and AC/DC , Monster Bash showed up. I had never played MB prior to having one in the garage. I like it better than either one of those. The art is better, sounds are better, shots better, etc etc.

I wish for Pinside to update me when threads are updated. I missed this one for two months.

#195 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I had never played MB prior to having one in the garage. I like it better than either one of those. The art is better, sounds are better, shots better, etc etc.

MB is simple amazing in my book.............Totally agree. The theme, music......Damn it is timeless, especially around Halloween!

#196 11 years ago

Even though I am a new game fan boy MB is the one classic I would buy. Over MM and AFM etc.
Hopefully Stern sticks with proposed line up since I only want Avengers and I will have the dough to add one next year.
In my opionion the best game out there after AC/DC.

#197 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

MB is simple amazing in my book.............Totally agree. The theme, music......Damn it is timeless, especially around Halloween

I'm bored with MB. Great flow and theme but gets easy. I played the hell out of SS this Halloween. MB I turned on then went meh. I'm not looking to sell so unless you want to offer me crazy money or a BBB with me putting a little cash in - no dice. Just sayin MB is cool but a bit overrated.

#198 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'm bored with MB. Great flow and theme but gets easy. I played the hell out of SS this Halloween. MB I turned on then went meh. I'm not looking to sell so unless you want to offer me crazy money or a BBB with me putting a little cash in - no dice. Just sayin MB is cool but a bit overrated.

What keeps SS from getting boring compared to MB, in your opinion? I like both games, but I think they're both extremely similar in terms of gameplay and "easiness".

#199 11 years ago

MB is beautiful, sounds great, epic flow, dots etc etc........but for some reason it didn't have that 'one more game ' pull for me so off it went. But, I do miss it.

#200 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What keeps SS from getting boring compared to MB, in your opinion? I like both games, but I think they're both extremely similar in terms of gameplay and "easiness".

Good question. I can't put my finger on it to be honest. SS voice package just cracks me up. Makes me want to hit boney beast and deadheads over and over to get those innuendoes. The spider in the backglass adds a bit of player control as well. I don't dislike MB, but find myself a bit bored lately. Nice flow game for sure. For me sometimes I need to walk away for a month or two and come back to appreciate the game. Sort of like McDonalds. Ok bad analogy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 254 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-lenot-impressed-review-from-a-dark-knight/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.