IMG_9287 (resized).JPG
IMG_9285 (resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0034_(resized).jpg
20150117_pinball_0013_(resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0012_(resized).JPG
wolverine_Small.png
14452782287611835352940.jpg
image_3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Replace your Wolverine with the Newton Ball bracket. Choose the complete Kit with all the parts to install or just the bracket if you already have the parts.

Both options comes with a mounting plastic to add your own figure. The switch is re-used from the game. The bottom picture is missing the 4 screws to attach the plastic, it is included in the kit.

http://mezelmods.com

image-129.jpgimage-129.jpgimage-358.jpgimage-358.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#19 9 years ago

The first set of kits sold out.

The orders are on hold so I can order the switch and get the couple switches out for the orders that shipped. I will cover the costs of the shipped ones and already ordered. The price will go up $5 on all new orders to cover the price of the switch. We will get this tested again before any others go out.

I will update this thread when we are ready to roll again.

#22 9 years ago

Parts ordered, not of the sites have all 3 parts at the same time so the price is have to be raised $8. I have to order from two places and the shipping is a killer.

2 weeks later
#30 9 years ago

I picked up a pro yesterday so I now can test the Newton bracket!

#33 9 years ago

Left the power on during install and blew the drive transistor for the row. Shorted the switch across the pop bumper.

On a good note, I am testing my switch and using the 4 cliffys. I removed one of the non-conductive layers of the switch to bring the switch closer to the small ball. The cliffys I supply are durable enough where the ball does not get stuck and looks to close the switch. Will try to repair the transistor tomorrow.

1 week later
#36 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

TMezel, did you get this installed in your machine? Also, did anyone else get it installed? Pictures people! Show off your machines.

Jeremy, are you willing to test my new switch setup with the 4 cliffy rubbers? My initial tests show it works without the small ball sticking.

1 week later
#43 9 years ago

One more smaller tweak, Greg installed the new one right after TPF and he will have another this weekend.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

How much longer? I have not played since wolverine cracked three weeks ago. I want to try and salvage the figure with this splint.
Helpppppp I cant wait any longer.

Next week, Mrs Mezel_mods is cracking the whip big time...

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

What is the design change? I have the previous version, which works fine. Worth changing out?

Oops, the slight tweak was on the LE bracket, not the Newton. I had to taper the back bracket so it does not hit the plastic.

I need to ship the new Newton setup with the modded switch to Jeremy tomorrow.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I will install it as soon as I can once I receive it. Maybe you can include the sticker for the belt protector too (you already sent me a belt protector). You can also send back the bash assembly (if you are done with it).

Will do with some splints too. I gotta order you a new switch, the switch sandwich fell apart with all my handling.

2 weeks later
#68 9 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

I installed this on my XMLE this weekend. OMG. This is an AMAZING change to the game. I seriously have never been happier with a mod. It opens up Beast TREMENDOUSLY, and the newton bracket works and LOOKS great. I AM a little concerned with the 3d printing of the top bracket and any jump balls may crush the bracket, I feel like this piece should be made of a hard ABS, which I think would be cheaper anyway for the Mezel family to produce, but until it ACTUALLY breaks I guess my fears are completely unwarranted at this time. Besides, even if it DOES break I feel confident the Mezel folks would provide a solution.
But, Man, Mezelmods, top notch job!
-Wes

Show us a pic of your setup so we can get these out. Did you only use 3 rubbers on the post and what kind of switch? I really want to close this out and get folks their mods.

1 month later
#72 8 years ago

Got my Xmen fixed and have successfully tested it with one of the switches I bought. Couple more games to gain confidence and we should make these available again. I really like this mod instead of the Wolverine!

#77 8 years ago

We really don't retire anything, no worries.

1 week later
#78 8 years ago

This has been play tested and is ready for order again.

http://mezelmods.com

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

what size is the small ball? I ordered a kit but it only came with the 3d printed parts....so will need to source everything else.
-c

3/4 inch

1 week later
#87 8 years ago

What if we just made a Wolverine claw that comes out of the plastic.

#89 8 years ago

Exactly. Gotta have a flasher. Wolvie is gonna be pissed.

1 week later
#102 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You can put washers between the switch and the plastic bracket before screwing the switch into the bracket. This may space it out A bit better.

After it was installed, you can use a screwdriver or your finger to bend it just a bit for clearance.

#105 8 years ago

I found it very easy to install, it is a tight fit. I would suggest maybe before the install, increase the spacing on the contact points.

1 week later
#116 8 years ago

Edited the title, it also fits the Pro!

1 month later
#139 8 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

20150827_202844.jpg

You should put and led strip in him so when you hot the Newton ball it lights up.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

What can I safely hook a light up to?
Will patching it to the newton switch work without problem?
Wolverine originally had a light in his head but it never turns on except in test mode.

I will figure it out for you next week.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Keep the original figure and use the captive ball. Eureka!

I have met several people that have been through 3 or 4 Wolvies. I bet there is folks on here that would sell them for cheap so you can cut the belt off. Then I can make a lighting kit for it.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

The instructions need to be updated to use the new switch. I don't think the Wolverine switch works. I will let someone who bought the package answer though.

We will update the instructions. Not sure why it was such a tight fit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tmezel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods?tu=tmezel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.