IMG_9287 (resized).JPG
IMG_9285 (resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0034_(resized).jpg
20150117_pinball_0013_(resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0012_(resized).JPG
wolverine_Small.png
14452782287611835352940.jpg
image_3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

TMezel, did you get this installed in your machine? Also, did anyone else get it installed? Pictures people! Show off your machines.

Got mine and installed it. It took a while to fine a switch that would work and not let the captive ball though. I think I ended up using an EOS switch that was stiff enough. Overall, it works like a champ and improves the gameplay a lot. Beast and Xavier shots are cleaner, get better bounces off the captive ball than with the massive Wolvierine bash toy, and the magnet can throw the ball up the playfield without getting blocked. I'm not thrilled with my first choice of a Wolverine replacement, and have another figure being shipped.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-455.jpgimage-455.jpg
#39 9 years ago

Also, I think I chose a different post than what was in the instructions to leave the rubber off for clearance of the captive ball. The back left post seemed better protected by another post. Also, for those that are installing this, be careful tightening the top screws. I was too enthusiastic and broke the top plate around a couple of the screw holes.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#41 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

lyonsden:
What size washer did you put below the captive ball. I might add that to mine.

I used a flange washer from Ace Hardware. Also, for posts, I used 3/4" aluminum tubes (available at Ace) and long machine screws (I think 3"). You can get them in size 6 or 8. Cost about $1 per post, which makes the mod much cheaper.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-51.jpgimage-51.jpg
#42 9 years ago

Overall, I think this is a must-do mod on XM. I can't thank Judremy and MEZEL for all the work designing and printing the bracket! For the $10 for the bracket and cover, and another $20 for the rest of the hardware (if you go with cheap posts), it is an outstanding value. If you go with the full kit, it is still an incredible value (and saves you a bunch of time!) Of course, you'll spend that plus more finding the right Wolverine figure/doll.

1 week later
#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

One more smaller tweak, Greg installed the new one right after TPF and he will have another this weekend.

What is the design change? I have the previous version, which works fine. Worth changing out?

#56 9 years ago

Much happier with this figure.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-910.jpgimage-910.jpg
1 week later
#71 9 years ago

This is the switch that I and Copperpot used: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=261

It is stiff enough to not let the ball through the back into the pops.

2 months later
#90 8 years ago

Here are photos of the Wolverine I used for my captive ball. This is from the paperweight available on eBay. I can't remember how I separated it from the based except that I probably pulled and pried.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Well I got the paperweight Wolvie removed from his base, but boy was he stuck good.

Glad you got that apart. It is a nice figure for the captive ball mod.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

How much does the paperweight run. Thinking I may have to get one. Wonder if there is a Magneto in a similar scale.

Around $15 (give or take $5). Here is one for $11.50: ebay.com link: Wolverine Resin Bust Paperweight

1 month later
#129 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just curious if there are any owners in my area who have the mod that I can see it and try it out?
Mid-Maryland
Thanks.

Just wanted to chime in and say that you should go for this kit. It really does change the game in very positive ways. If you don't like it, you can reverse the installation and sell your kit to someone else (but I doubt you will.)

#138 8 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

I used some scrap .025" or almost 1/32" aluminum cut from a sheet and bent it to fit just above the mod to allow him to bobble a little.
Luckily I had some of the flat left on his back to mount it using #6 screws.
20150827_200022.jpg 20150827_200340.jpg

Nice work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lyonsden.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods?tu=lyonsden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.