IMG_9287 (resized).JPG
IMG_9285 (resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0034_(resized).jpg
20150117_pinball_0013_(resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0012_(resized).JPG
wolverine_Small.png
14452782287611835352940.jpg
image_3.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 8 years ago

Couldn't one just saw it and make a clean cut? What is the wolvie part made of?

2 weeks later
#117 8 years ago

I wanted to post a note to thank you all the guys for the awesome work / R&D that you put in to make the newton ball kit for Xmen.

I ordered it a couple weeks ago from Mezelmods and got it installed last week. Wow. What a difference it makes. I really liked the game before, but I was always annoyed by the Wolverine toy. It was too big and affected both the Xavier and Beast shots in ways that seemed so stupid.

And moreover, on my game, I could never get the switch just right. It either would be too far apart and not register 1/2 of the solid hits, or be so sensitive that BACKWARDS hits coming around from Phoenix to Beast would trigger a Wolvie hit. It annoyed me so much that I had stopped playing the game much. Still loved the code and most of the shots, but when one flaw sticks out for me I get frustrated.

Now the Beast (and Gambit) and Xavier shots are so makeable, and smooth. Wolvie is a tad harder to hit - not by much as any reasonably aimed shot will nail it - but just enough to stop the "free" Wolvie hits which incessantly started his multiball (often when I didn't want it to) or gave too easy combos. Right now I am back in love with the game. Great call outs, music, deep and fun rules, awesome lighting.

Overall, the install had a few snags to it (my game is an LE). It is not quite as easy as the instructions make it out to be. I had to cut the wires for the wolverine light (the light that is supposed to go off in his head but never does). I couldn't take the old mechanism off without cutting these wires. Second, there was an odd cross brace piece under the Wolverine that forced me to disassemble most of the Wolvie mech under the playfield (it would not pull up otherwise). In short, I could not just take the 4 screws out and then pull the whole mechanism out. Third, I had to solder the wires to the new switch. Fourth, as others have noted, the new switch was a bit too tight. But with some sanding and bending, everything seems to be working out perfect. The point is, this is not a basic "plug and play" mod - there is a bit of work that is needed. Nothing that any average pin owner should not be used to. Overall, it took me about 1 hour to get things all set up. The beauty is that now, I have my game exactly how I want it to play.

I know you guys did this work as a labour of love, not for money. For that you guys deserve a lot of credit. You have designed something that makes my game exactly the way I wanted it to play, and most importantly made it very fun again to me - what pin should be all about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apollyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods?tu=Apollyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.