IMG_9287 (resized).JPG
IMG_9285 (resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0034_(resized).jpg
20150117_pinball_0013_(resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0012_(resized).JPG
wolverine_Small.png
14452782287611835352940.jpg
image_3.jpg
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 5 years ago

Nevermind... just realized nothing is threaded or held on with nuts with this mod.

#202 5 years ago

Well, can’t say I recommend this mod. Why not just ship with posts long enough to go all the way through that could properly be secured with nuts? They make them!

6D30317B-E486-4D95-A576-34857F2F6887 (resized).jpeg6D30317B-E486-4D95-A576-34857F2F6887 (resized).jpeg

Instead, you have these short posts and just use small holes in your mod hoping they will just dangle in there tight enough to secure the posts. Meanwhile the holes are so tight and the 3D print so brittle that it shatters if you just apply a little pressure to get them inserted.

1538C778-F748-4D06-A80E-CF774A5919D9 (resized).jpeg1538C778-F748-4D06-A80E-CF774A5919D9 (resized).jpeg

That was a waste.

#203 5 years ago

Try reaching out to Mezel mods. I'm sure they will make it right.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Try reaching out to Mezel mods. I'm sure they will make it right.

He will send you a new one, I'm sure of it. I worked on the design of this and I can say that those posts kinda work, but now you have four nubs sticking out the top of the guard that sits on top. This makes it a bit harder to put a figure or statue instead of the screws that work on the supplied posts. Feel free to change it up though if you want.

The posts are there more for stability and to keep the tiny ball in place. The newton ball itself keeps the piece from sliding back down below the playfield. You can even put a washer below the newton ball to prevent airballs (I have never had any myself, but others have. Sorry you had a bad time with it so far, but it is worth it.

5 months later
#205 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Él te enviará uno nuevo, estoy seguro de ello. Trabajé en el diseño de esto y puedo decir que esos mensajes funcionan un poco, pero ahora tienes cuatro protuberancias que sobresalen de la parte superior de la guardia que se encuentra en la parte superior. Esto hace que sea un poco más difícil poner una figura o una estatua en lugar de los tornillos que funcionan en los postes provistos. Siéntase libre de cambiarlo aunque si lo desea.
Los postes existen más para la estabilidad y para mantener la pequeña bola en su lugar. La propia bola de newton evita que la pieza se deslice hacia abajo por debajo del campo de juego. Incluso puedes poner una arandela debajo de la bola de newton para evitar las bolas de aire (nunca he tenido ninguna, pero otras sí. Lo siento, la pasaste mal hasta ahora, pero vale la pena).

Hi. What does a shipment cost to Spain? regards

#206 5 years ago

It would be ideal if they were longer screws

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Hi. What does a shipment cost to Spain? regards

You'd have to reach out to MezelMods via his website. I don't make these.

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You'd have to reach out to MezelMods via his website. I don't make these.

Ok thanksssss

2 months later
#209 4 years ago

I finally got a replacement original Wolverine bash toy/figure to put on top of the Newton ball assembly (almost $150 in parts and shipping), and I don't want to make any mistakes with this.

I'm wondering if anyone that did this 2-3 years ago has any long-term feedback on the durability or ideal mounting method. Is it better to fill up the hollow toy with some expanding foam to prevent cracking from air balls, or would that make it worse? Any stock parts recommended for attaching Wolverine to the base? How about the correct cutting point (at the belt) and appropriate/safest tool to use?

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from tetsuos:

I finally got a replacement original Wolverine bash toy/figure to put on top of the Newton ball assembly (almost $150 in parts and shipping), and I don't want to make any mistakes with this.
I'm wondering if anyone that did this 2-3 years ago has any long-term feedback on the durability or ideal mounting method. Is it better to fill up the hollow toy with some expanding foam to prevent cracking from air balls, or would that make it worse? Any stock parts recommended for attaching Wolverine to the base? How about the correct cutting point (at the belt) and appropriate/safest tool to use?

Get the belt guard if you are going to use the bash toy. It should protect it from cracking.

2 years later
#211 1 year ago

Hi guys. I just got my newton ball mod from Mezel Mods. I was about to install it when I noticed an additional set of black wires feeding up into the wolverine bash toy. I have attached a few pictures. I assume that these black wires are hooked to an LED inside Wolvie? Looking for advice. Can I simply cut these and tape them off. You can see that the black wires trace back to a small control board that is also connected to other led's.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!!

IMG-2115 (resized).jpgIMG-2115 (resized).jpgIMG-2116 (resized).jpgIMG-2116 (resized).jpg
#212 1 year ago
Quoted from Nosphentor:

Hi guys. I just got my newton ball mod from Mezel Mods. I was about to install it when I noticed an additional set of black wires feeding up into the wolverine bash toy. I have attached a few pictures. I assume that these black wires are hooked to an LED inside Wolvie? Looking for advice. Can I simply cut these and tape them off. You can see that the black wires trace back to a small control board that is also connected to other led's.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!![quoted image][quoted image]

I wouldn’t cut the just bring the led back through the underside of the playfield and leave it there

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I wouldn’t cut the just bring the led back through the underside of the playfield and leave it there

I'll give it a tug to see if it is something that will come free and pass through the slot. Don't think there is enough slack to pull wolvie up an dig the led out. I'll report back!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
There are 213 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-newton-bracket-by-mezelmods/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.