Topic Stats

• 208 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by mannymasy
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 56 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1538C778-F748-4D06-A80E-CF774A5919D9 (resized).jpeg
6D30317B-E486-4D95-A576-34857F2F6887 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9434 (resized).JPG
IMG_9435 (resized).JPG
IMG_9433 (resized).JPG
IMG_9286 (resized).JPG
IMG_9287 (resized).JPG
IMG_9285 (resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0034_(resized).jpg
20150117_pinball_0013_(resized).JPG
20150117_pinball_0012_(resized).JPG
wolverine_Small.png
14452782287611835352940.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg

There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

Replace your Wolverine with the Newton Ball bracket. Choose the complete Kit with all the parts to install or just the bracket if you already have the parts.

Both options comes with a mounting plastic to add your own figure. The switch is re-used from the game. The bottom picture is missing the 4 screws to attach the plastic, it is included in the kit.

http://mezelmods.com

image-129.jpgimage-358.jpgimage.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Nice! But dude, I'd be launching in twelve hours time when there are 550 users online.

#3 4 years ago

any chance you have a pic with the new attached figure on the playfield?

#5 4 years ago

It is indeed. For all those people who were too lazy/hopeless to do it themselves.

rd.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It is indeed. For all those people who were too lazy/hopeless to do it themselves.
rd.

That would be me. I'm trying to work out a purchase on a Magneto right now, as a matter of fact. If it happens is this a mod I should purchase straight away?

#7 4 years ago

One tip, you will probably want to modify the switch from the Wolverine bash toy so that the plastic nub faces the other way. This will give the mini-ball more spacing and make it less sensitive. I will post some pics once I get my bash assembly back from TMezel (after he is done with it of course).

#8 4 years ago

Stoked! I'm going to order today.

#9 4 years ago

Ordered! Thanks for putting this together.

#10 4 years ago

Please note, you only need three post sleeves PER kit. Only three should be put on, otherwise the mini-ball gets stuck before it can hit the switch in the back.

#11 4 years ago

Purchased! Yes! Thanks guys and MezelMods for coming up with this.

#12 4 years ago

Can't find the kit on your web site.

Also what are you guys putting on top of the Newton ball?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Also what are you guys putting on top of the Newton ball?

You can put whatever you want there. Unless you buy something about 5 inches tall, you will have to shorten it. There are a lot of nice options out there though.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Ditto!

I would like to order this...

#16 4 years ago

Looks like it may already have sold out of the first set of kits?

#17 4 years ago

will this include instructions?

drat sold out?

#18 4 years ago

someone please post pictures of your kit with your mounted figure installed, and let us know how it holds up.

#19 4 years ago

The first set of kits sold out.

The orders are on hold so I can order the switch and get the couple switches out for the orders that shipped. I will cover the costs of the shipped ones and already ordered. The price will go up $5 on all new orders to cover the price of the switch. We will get this tested again before any others go out.

I will update this thread when we are ready to roll again.

#20 4 years ago

TMezel, you might want to change the thread title to Pro/LE as it works on both.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The first set of kits sold out.
The orders are on hold so I can order the switch and get the couple switches out for the orders that shipped. I will cover the costs of the shipped ones and already ordered. The price will go up $5 on all new orders to cover the price of the switch. We will get this tested again before any others go out.
I will update this thread when we are ready to roll again.

Thanks

#22 4 years ago

Parts ordered, not of the sites have all 3 parts at the same time so the price is have to be raised $8. I have to order from two places and the shipping is a killer.

#23 4 years ago

Who is this genius named Newton?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Who is this genius named Newton?

He's the guy with the two big balls.

rd.

1 week later
#25 4 years ago

Are these out of stock? I cannot find them on the website. Also what does it look like installed? Do you keep your current figure and this goes under it??

And why won't this work in the LE?

http://mezelmods.com/collections/x-men/products/x-men-wolverine-pro-bracket

#26 4 years ago

I believe he is testing the switch - hopefully they will be on the web site soon. Or at least the bracket - I don't mind getting all the other parts myself. Just need the bracket...

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Are these out of stock? I cannot find them on the website. Also what does it look like installed? Do you keep your current figure and this goes under it??
And why won't this work in the LE?
http://mezelmods.com/collections/x-men/products/x-men-wolverine-pro-bracket

You should be able to order the Newton bracket alone at any time. The belt bracket is different.

You can see the Newton ball here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay

#28 4 years ago

Thanks. There is too much to read in that thread via my phone but it appears that the stock wolverine does NOT get remounted. I like the look of it too much to take it out.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Thanks. There is too much to read in that thread via my phone but it appears that the stock wolverine does NOT get remounted. I like the look of it too much to take it out.

There are better ones you can add to the machine. I will post up the one a friend of mine used and it looks so much better.

#30 4 years ago

I picked up a pro yesterday so I now can test the Newton bracket!

#31 4 years ago

Great game. Sweet mod.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I picked up a pro yesterday so I now can test the Newton bracket!

Sorry I haven't been around. Had to get a new car, been sick all week, and daylight savings time is already playing with my head. If you need help, I will try to do what I can.

#33 4 years ago

Left the power on during install and blew the drive transistor for the row. Shorted the switch across the pop bumper.

On a good note, I am testing my switch and using the 4 cliffys. I removed one of the non-conductive layers of the switch to bring the switch closer to the small ball. The cliffys I supply are durable enough where the ball does not get stuck and looks to close the switch. Will try to repair the transistor tomorrow.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Left the power on during install and blew the drive transistor for the row. Shorted the switch across the pop bumper.
On a good note, I am testing my switch and using the 4 cliffys. I removed one of the non-conductive layers of the switch to bring the switch closer to the small ball. The cliffys I supply are durable enough where the ball does not get stuck and looks to close the switch. Will try to repair the transistor tomorrow.

Ouch! Isn't that rule #1? Always turn off the power! Hopefully we noted that in the guide.

1 week later
#35 4 years ago

TMezel, did you get this installed in your machine? Also, did anyone else get it installed? Pictures people! Show off your machines.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

TMezel, did you get this installed in your machine? Also, did anyone else get it installed? Pictures people! Show off your machines.

Jeremy, are you willing to test my new switch setup with the 4 cliffy rubbers? My initial tests show it works without the small ball sticking.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Jeremy, are you willing to test my new switch setup with the 4 cliffy rubbers? My initial tests show it works without the small ball sticking.

Sure thing. I can take a Cliffy from another machine to have four on it. Don't know if you want to mail the bash assembly back too now that you have one. If you still have use for it, hold onto it.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Got mine and installed it. It took a while to fine a switch that would work and not let the captive ball though. I think I ended up using an EOS switch that was stiff enough. Overall, it works like a champ and improves the gameplay a lot. Beast and Xavier shots are cleaner, get better bounces off the captive ball than with the massive Wolvierine bash toy, and the magnet can throw the ball up the playfield without getting blocked. I'm not thrilled with my first choice of a Wolverine replacement, and have another figure being shipped.

image.jpg image-455.jpg
#39 4 years ago

Also, I think I chose a different post than what was in the instructions to leave the rubber off for clearance of the captive ball. The back left post seemed better protected by another post. Also, for those that are installing this, be careful tightening the top screws. I was too enthusiastic and broke the top plate around a couple of the screw holes.

image.jpg
#40 4 years ago

lyonsden:

What size washer did you put below the captive ball. I might add that to mine.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

lyonsden:
What size washer did you put below the captive ball. I might add that to mine.

I used a flange washer from Ace Hardware. Also, for posts, I used 3/4" aluminum tubes (available at Ace) and long machine screws (I think 3"). You can get them in size 6 or 8. Cost about $1 per post, which makes the mod much cheaper.

image.jpg image-51.jpg
#42 4 years ago

Overall, I think this is a must-do mod on XM. I can't thank Judremy and MEZEL for all the work designing and printing the bracket! For the $10 for the bracket and cover, and another $20 for the rest of the hardware (if you go with cheap posts), it is an outstanding value. If you go with the full kit, it is still an incredible value (and saves you a bunch of time!) Of course, you'll spend that plus more finding the right Wolverine figure/doll.

1 week later
#43 4 years ago

One more smaller tweak, Greg installed the new one right after TPF and he will have another this weekend.

#44 4 years ago

Wow amazing mod! Love the wolverine figure on top too. Anyone getting in on xmen now with the code where it's at and with this mod is in for a treat.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

One more smaller tweak, Greg installed the new one right after TPF and he will have another this weekend.

How much longer? I have not played since wolverine cracked three weeks ago. I want to try and salvage the figure with this splint.

Helpppppp I cant wait any longer.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

How much longer? I have not played since wolverine cracked three weeks ago. I want to try and salvage the figure with this splint.
Helpppppp I cant wait any longer.

Next week, Mrs Mezel_mods is cracking the whip big time...

#47 4 years ago

I was playing X-Men last night and got to Danger Room. It is so satisfying when you make the Gambit shot or even the Beast > Storm > Iceman > Xavier > Cyclops combo is cool. Was doing great until Magneto threw the ball down the middle. No time to react at all.

I love this game so much with the newton ball as it opens up the field and increases the flow that Wolverine was killing.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

What is the design change? I have the previous version, which works fine. Worth changing out?

#49 4 years ago

eagerly awaiting

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

What is the design change? I have the previous version, which works fine. Worth changing out?

Oops, the slight tweak was on the LE bracket, not the Newton. I had to taper the back bracket so it does not hit the plastic.

I need to ship the new Newton setup with the modded switch to Jeremy tomorrow.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
3,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Canyon Country, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
4,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marathon, FL
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 208 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside