Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DugFreez
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5DDC0_AS01.JPG
    wolvtoy.jpg
    images.jpg
    berenstain-bears-get-kicked-in-the-dic.gif
    There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago

A short clip of the pro being played at Comic con. I don't think I have seen this posted here yet. Anyway, about a minute of video

Slightly better resolution

#102 11 years ago

I love it, SO excited to get my LE setup and going, ship me my game already! The game play video on the pro looked cool as well, ball screams down the ramps in both which is awesome! I'm still debating if I like the moving Iceman ramp but I'd rather have it than not have it, just another element to differ the game. I think both Pro and LE owners are gonna be extremely happy, looks like a winner.

Trying so hard to not watch video of it to have the excitement of seeing it myself but it's too enticing to want to watch it. I'm going into a slumber for a week, mine should be here within a week.

Now if Stern releases the AC/DC code update next week as well, it's gonna be Christmas in July!

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

I love it, SO excited to get my LE setup and going, ship me my game already! The game play video on the pro looked cool as well, ball screams down the ramps in both which is awesome! I'm still debating if I like the moving Iceman ramp but I'd rather have it than not have it, just another element to differ the game. I think both Pro and LE owners are gonna be extremely happy, looks like a winner.
    Trying so hard to not watch video of it to have the excitement of seeing it myself but it's too enticing to want to watch it. I'm going into a slumber for a week, mine should be here within a week.
    Now if Stern releases the AC/DC code update next week as well, it's gonna be Christmas in July!

So what do you think can it be better than AC/DC I know you love your AC/DC And yes everyone I know this is speculation haha.

#104 11 years ago

I watched about 2 minutes of it, then stopped as I didn't want to spoil things for when I get mine. Looks fast, callouts are a bit cheesy imo, but overall in line with what I was hoping.

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyNick:

Seriously this is an awesome game. Iron Man meets Tron and their love child dates the offspring of Monster Bash and some other cool game and this game is the baby they have in secret.

Haha, that's too funny

Quoted from Pinchroma:

As an application developer by trade the reuse of code for different products bothers me. People are expecting a different experience game to game. It's what makes it unique.

I respectfully disagree. Mode selection is what makes the experience different from game to game. There are only so many ways to do certain things. They could have styled it differently, make the mode selection vertical (like a user-controlled Merlins Magic list) but in the end it's still mode selection. Re-using code for trivial things such as this is a smart move because it means there's more time to spend on the really cool things (like the actual modes themselves and the multiball logic etc).

As for the dots, they look WAY better than the dots on my Transformers. I'm guessing that's because the graphics they had to work with (drawings) have much more contrast than the digitized movie clips. I'm also really happy to see Stern finally ditching the lame 1/3 vs 2/3 DMD split. That's got to be one of the worst ideas of the last years - full screen dots look a lot better!

#106 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

So what do you think can it be better than AC/DC I know you love your AC/DC And yes everyone I know this is speculation haha.

I Feel that it can be, But again it will all point out to the finished code in the end.
    Also would like to hope that Lyman will look after it in the end, like he did with SM,BDK etc.

#107 11 years ago

Is he saying "watch it!" 3 times in succession? That could get old. Pro looks good though.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I think it can be better in different ways. I do love AC/DC and still believe when that code is polished it will be hard to top it but I think X-men can be better in ways related to modes. I just can't stop thinking of LOTR when I see X-men, obviously different games but the magnitude of different modes and the original dots on it make me SO want to believe it can be great. Like people have mentioned it looks FAST also, wasn't really thinking it would be, so I love that, think it makes the game that much better! I have high high hopes already so if the game is as good as it appears to be it will be right up there with AC/DC for me on the newer Stern games.

#109 11 years ago

I guess what I am saying is being misinterpreted. Mode selection as a whole. 2 back to back mode selection games seems repetitive. Variety is the spice of life. Using the same code base allowed them to get the game out the door quicker and to me that's not a good thing. To some it may be.

Games used to be uniquely individual. MM and monster bash are very different (pretty sure those were released back to back 1 year apart. )

#110 11 years ago

Christmas in July! Nothing like pulling a NIB out of the box and firing that baby up I want the experience again soon.......

Congrats to everybody that's doing the un-boxing, game looks fantastic!

#111 11 years ago

I want another nib pin. WOZ isn't coming any time soon so I may just have to get a pro or something.

If history is any indicator, AC/DC came out about 3-4 months ago and xmen today. Does that mean project Alice is 3-4 months out? Resident evil is something I would jump on. Maybe even Alice in wonderland.

#112 11 years ago

Huh, I think Xmen looks really clunky. On AC/DC, no matter what you hit, the ball is flying through your shot or back at you. Very occasionally there is a little clunkyness at the bell shot or orbit, but you have to hit it just right.

Also, the magnets seems to be affecting the ball quite a bit, I'm not a huge fan of the ariticial randomness.

Another thing I noticed was a ton of side to side action, which is good or bad depending on how you feel about it. Not too big a fan of how the ball exists the pops, it seems like it either wants to drop in the scoop, or go SDTM.

Quoted from RobT:

Holy crap, it looks fast! Faster than AC/DC?

#113 11 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Why would anyone even bother comparing it to a game that hasnt even been released? Seems silly

Avengers is way better than XM....

#114 11 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Avengers is way better than XM....

Alice in Chains is way better than Avengers. Oh, wrong Alice??

#115 11 years ago

lol!

I am looking forward to getting my LE in. I love what I see so far, think the game looks great, happy with all the modes, sounds I'll wait to hear in person, but from everything I have seen I am even more stoked to get this game in!!!

I don't even agree with what alexlevy said, but the link did make me laugh...that was funny! wolvtoy.jpgwolvtoy.jpg

#116 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This looks like a very fun and unpredictable pin. Hope I get a chance to play one sometime. Thanks for posting the video.

Just make your way over to Sacramento and you can jam on mine

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

But you better have a igloo cooler full of Caucasians.

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

But you better have a igloo cooler full of Caucasians.

Pretty sure that's illegal

#119 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I like the theme I like the colors I just don't like the giant bash toys. I keep saying that over and over.

Yes. Yes you do. Perhaps it's time to move on? You really are starting to come across as a troll. I'm sure you don't want to have that rep, right?

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Huh, I think Xmen looks really clunky. On AC/DC, no matter what you hit, the ball is flying through your shot or back at you. Very occasionally there is a little clunkyness at the bell shot or orbit, but you have to hit it just right.
    Also, the magnets seems to be affecting the ball quite a bit, I'm not a huge fan of the ariticial randomness.
    Another thing I noticed was a ton of side to side action, which is good or bad depending on how you feel about it. Not too big a fan of how the ball exists the pops, it seems like it either wants to drop in the scoop, or go SDTM.

You got all that from one early video?

I maintain that it looks fast as hell, right up there with AC/DC. Look how fast the ball goes around the ramps in this video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs48tw_x-men-pin-at-san-diego-comic-con-2012-2_videogames

#121 11 years ago

How can you say it's clunky w/o playing it? Makes no sense.

#122 11 years ago

It did look clunky but I think the player was missing his shots it has a similar layout to many borg games. The bumpers remind me of Frankenstein , hitting the shot through them is actually quite satisfying .

#123 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I agree with rob. But clunky and tight shots are two seperarte things. Example of clunky is when you hit the ACDC outter left orbit and it bounces its way through the shot - no matter how fast. Or in TFLE, the SS or IH ramp shots can sometimes cause a clunky shot even if the return is fast. I didn't see non of this in xmen, nor do I see it in Most of borgs games.

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

It did look clunky but I think the player was missing his shots it has a similar layout to many borg games. The bumpers remind me of Frankenstein , hitting the shot through them is actually quite satisfying .

Anyone playing any game and not hitting shots is going to make it look clunky. That's why I said you really have to play it for that feel.

I personally thought AC/DC was clunky as hell when I played that the first time but I wasn't used to the shots.

Look at the 2 minute pro video, shots are being hit and doesn't have the same feel as the first video.

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Look at the 2 minute pro video, shots are being hit and doesn't have the same feel as the first video.

Agree. Stern would be well served to have Bowen do one of his famous PAPAblog walkthroughs on their new releases.

#126 11 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

Agree. Stern would be well served to have Bowen do one of his famous PAPAblog walkthroughs on their new releases.

Could backfire too.... When he rapes it for 600mil!

#127 11 years ago

You know I have eyes, right?

Quoted from Cobray:

How can you say it's clunky w/o playing it? Makes no sense.

#128 11 years ago

I have to agree on the clunky thing. Even if it is just horribly missed shots it does look clunky & from that video much worse than TFLE. I do like the dots but the call outs leave a little to be desired. I also like the cabinet art and backglass. I don't like the IJ4 scoop that almost always goes in there coming out of the pops. The figures look horrible but I still will have to seek one out and try it first hand to make a final judgement. I'm glad I changed my mind on getting this one from the looks of the video. Hopefully Stern won't screw over the people that did buy them on the software like they usually do.

#129 11 years ago

This game looks like it'll be a blast to play!!!

*side note* Whoever voiced Magneto makes him sound like someone who is LARPing. Very over-dramatic to the point of comical. Which I guess is fine considering it's based on a comic book. lol

#130 11 years ago

Game looks great - I am very excited....

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

*side note* Whoever voiced Magneto makes him sound like someone who is LARPing. Very over-dramatic to the point of comical. Which I guess is fine considering it's based on a comic book. lol

Kind of reminds me of a sarcastic Ron Burgundy voice

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

*side note* Whoever voiced Magneto makes him sound like someone who is LARPing. Very over-dramatic to the point of comical.

Hahhaa, that's such a perfect description.....if that's how he sounds in the cartoon, I guess it's OK. I'm more used to Gandalf-Magneto from the movies...now HE'S an ACTOR! I'm actually glad they went with comicbook style for the game...as long as it's consistent - that's key. None of this 2 different voices for one character BS like Transformers! (SKB in 3, 2, 1....)

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

(SKB in 3, 2, 1....)

#135 11 years ago

Vhere are the videos.....veee must have the videos yah........

#136 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Where are the videos.....veee must have the videos yah........

I know, right. I can't believe Nick went to work today. Shame on you, Nick.

#137 11 years ago

Hey Nick - how do you light Villain at the scoop? I saw "Villain Qualified" on the DMD in one of the videos but couldn't figure out how that happened.

Thanks!

#138 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey Nick - how do you light Villain at the scoop? I saw "Villain Qualified" on the DMD in one of the videos but couldn't figure out how that happened.
    Thanks!

Greg, I believe this is by hitting a set amount of the side targets. I think Borgy touched on it in the Stern vid.

#139 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Greg, I believe this is by hitting a set amount of the side targets. I think Borgy touched on it in the Stern vid.

I thought the side targets were only for Hellfire Club and Brotherhood...by getting enough of them, it changes those from Modes to Multiballs...at least that's how I understood it.

#140 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought the side targets were only for Hellfire Club and Brotherhood...by getting enough of them, it changes those from Modes to Multiballs...at least that's how I understood it.

From the looks of it, when Nick was scrolling through the modes, he had not qualified hellfire or brotherhood, but I could have read that wrong.

#141 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

As an application developer by trade the reuse of code for different products bothers me. People are expecting a different experience game to game. It's what makes it unique. You can have mode selection but using the exact same mode selection with the dots being the only difference points to lazy rushed coding and that scares me.

Every Stern game has the same "Press Start" animation...OMG, how dare they!

Pop Bumpers usually give you points! NOOOO!!!!!!!

Every Stern has the same "Shoot Again" font on the DMD during ballsave...THOSE BASTARDS!!!

Seriously dude, this is just complaining for the sake of complaining. Almost every single game in the 90's had "shoot the scoop, start the mode" ...a few had selections like STTNG. I like that this game lets you select your mode...keeps things from being linear and has potential for player strategy as well. It's different from AC/DC...AC/DC selection is at launch....X-Men selection is during gameplay. So they both offer mode choices....this is a negative? C'mon....these two games aren't even remotely alike.

#142 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

Hey thanks for the invite fattrain! I may just have to take you up on that. Although I may have to step outside after going into your game palace to yell a few obscenities to get all the envy out.

#143 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hey thanks for the invite fattrain! I may just have to take you up on that. Although I may have to step outside after going into your game palace to yell a few obscenities to get all the envy out.

Igloo cooler full of Caucasians. Lot of ins and outs over there. Your gonna need it........----NA!

Dont forget the Creedence.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Uh keep it clean...maaan

#144 11 years ago

I think I will refrain from judgement until I get a chance to play one. There is a big difference in watching a video of someone playing it and actually playing it and even at that you really need to get a good handfull of games on it. I've encountered games that play awesome at first and then wear on me quick and others that feel flat at first and become my favorites later on. We will start to have a true solid consensus by the time the next table is released.

#145 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Igloo cooler full of Caucasians. Lot of ins and outs over there. Your gonna need it........----NA!

This is the first post ever that I have absolutely NO clue what it being said. Well done, AZ!

#146 11 years ago

5DDC0_AS01.JPG5DDC0_AS01.JPG

#147 11 years ago

I'm uploading a couple more vids now... standby...

Nick

#148 11 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyNick:

Nick

Have your skills improved? LOL JK man since everyone is giving you a hard time. I suck at pinball thanks for posting you are DA MAN getting these vids up.

Now not being in HD thats unacceptable LOL.

#149 11 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyNick:

Nick

Who's the man?...............Nick's the man!

#150 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Who's the man?...............Nick's the man!

43 games, Nick is da man! You would think he would be busier at work and not have time to post these videos buahahaha!

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wolverine-gameplay-video/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.