Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by paul_8788
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have heard about this harness for the le that helps with the aux board,I asked Patrick to send me one and I installed it,I recieved install instructions but no one has told me what it does?
I have the orginal aux board and have never had trouble.Is this the fix?

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have the orginal aux board and have never had trouble.Is this the fix?

How can you fix a problem that you don't have?

What did you say when you contacted Stern? "Well my game works fine, but I want you to send me the new style harness. I don't know what it does, but I want it for my working game."?

I thought the new harnesses come with a new revision of the aux board. I had never heard anywhere that just the new harness would correct anything.

I haven't had any obvious problems with my aux board as others have. That being said, I have always had a strange issue with my Nightcrawler mechs behaving strangely when the game is first powered on. I am holding out for 1 more software update before I call Stern about the strange behavior with them.

#3 10 years ago

All the harness does is to pickup a different 50v wire (pin6 on J10) at the I/O board and run it to the aux board (pin 10 J2 )

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How can you fix a problem that you don't have?
What did you say when you contacted Stern? "Well my game works fine, but I want you to send me the new style harness. I don't know what it does, but I want it for my working game."?
I thought the new harnesses come with a new revision of the aux board. I had never heard anywhere that just the new harness would correct anything.
I haven't had any obvious problems with my aux board as others have. That being said, I have always had a strange issue with my Nightcrawler mechs behaving strangely when the game is first powered on. I am holding out for 1 more software update before I call Stern about the strange behavior with them.

This exactly what I did. I said I know some games have an issue others develop over time can I do anything to my game to stop this? Patrick said they did not know why it was a issue on some not others but would send me a harness since I was concerned. He also stated what Gibo said on what the harness did.

#5 10 years ago

It doesn't surprise me that Stern would say they don't know why its an issue, of the 3 games that use an aux board,Avengers LE ,Xmen LE and AC/DC every different model has the 50v wire to the aux pcb wired differently but the manuals of each game all state it is the same.

#6 10 years ago

I contacted Stern last week asking them if there was an official stance on the whole LE Aux board situation, was told there would be a service bulletin in the near future. No timeline or info given other than that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-wirning-harness and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.