Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nort-arcade.png
tron-quorra-1.jpg
tron-workflow-1.jpg
tron-john-wayne.jpg
METLEvsTRONLE.jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago

I think how much you like the theme can sway this.

Tron may be great a pinball machine, but I have zero interest in the theme and would never own it.

I loved X-Men before it was ever a pinball machine so I will always find a way to make a case for why I like it more.

-My two cents

#102 9 years ago

Completely the opposite for me..

I'm a huge video game guy and couldn't wait for Tron to come out...I own about 30ish arcade games. I played it and played it..tried to like it but got nothing from it at all. Not to mention I've bought every Borg game since Tron

Fast forward to Xmen..the theme does absolutely nothing for me...but the game play is probably my favorite pin now.

Tron seems to be all show and no go

Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Tron may be great a pinball machine, but I have zero interest in the theme and would never own it.
I loved X-Men before it was ever a pinball machine so I will always find a way to make a case for why I like it more.
-My two cents

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Tron seems to be all show and no go

Tron has plenty of go! (It's called FLOW)

#104 9 years ago

per good advise... Title = Tron Rules !!

tron-workflow-1.jpgtron-workflow-1.jpg

#105 9 years ago

^^^ should change header to - T R O N R U L E S - because this really rocks my universe!

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Tron has plenty of go! (It's called FLOW)

I guess it's easy to have flow when there is so little on the playfield (in Tron) to get in the way? I don't own either game but I've always thought XM was one of the best layouts and mix of shots ever in a pin. It provides a great range of difficulty for the amateur all the way to the serious pro. Great sound effects, great code (finally after that last release), and probably the best use of magnets I've ever seen. I just love it when the 5 balls drop into the spinner (with 4 revolving around the central middle one.) Very cool and currently a very underrated game. The only thing I don't care for about the game is the theme I guess (since I know nothing about X-Men comics).

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from OldPinster:

I guess it's easy to have flow when there is so little on the playfield (in Tron) to get in the way?

Sometimes less is more (AFM, Tron ect)

Speaking of things to get in the way have you checked out the oversized wolverine figure 8" from the flippers on XMEN?

I actually enjoy playing the XMEN pro at my local arcade very much!
Summation: XMEN plays great but Tron is a great game!

#108 9 years ago

Speaking of things to get in the way have you checked out the oversized wolverine figure 8" from the flippers on XMEN?

That's just so ridiculous. The base of the bash toy that a pinball can actually hit is maybe 2". If you're having trouble getting shots past him then you probably can rule out a professional pinball career.

Sometimes less is more (AFM, Tron ect)

And in defending Tron ... did you just use Tron as an example of itself?

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If you're having trouble getting shots past him then you probably can rule out a professional pinball career.

I was gunna go pro but I kinda suck, so I decided to stick with concrete

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

And in defending Tron ... did you just use Tron as an example of itself?

Maybe... I was hoping no one would notice

#110 9 years ago

The people who have not lived through the launch, code, and fixes are wondering how such a fun pin with great code, shots and artwork has been "over looked".

The original owners can tell you there was a time when there was no confidence that the code would ever reach its original state, and the AUX board problems had kept their game not running for many months waiting for a fix.

I really, really, like the pin... I just wish I picked it up for the price that it is going for now.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

I never liked the original Tron movie & was so bored by Tron Legacy that I cancelled my Tron LE pre-order. Now I own the game and it's one of the last that would ever leave. Sometimes an amazing game can transcend theme.

*That being said, I love video games, Jeff Bridges and Daft Punk...soooo, I do like the elements of Tron.

#112 9 years ago

Is the gameplay of the 2 pins similar?

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

bored by Tron Legacy

I don't think TRON Legacy (movie) was 'that' bad. The effects are cool, story isn't too bad (rather simple though, and predictable ending). But the sound of the movie is very nice

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is the gameplay of the 2 pins similar?

nope.

#115 9 years ago

I think I'm the only one who saw Tron Legacy more than once in the theater.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't think TRON Legacy (movie) was 'that' bad. The effects are cool, story isn't too bad (rather simple though, and predictable ending). But the sound of the movie is very nice

I don't hate it as much as I used to....but that's mostly cuz I love the pin lol. It's just full of a lot of nonsense. So's the original, but it's a movie of its time - it's a fantasy that takes place in the "magic" world of a computer...and in the early 80's, computers WERE magic. They weren't a huge part of our lives yet and were mysterious. Now our lives are dominated by computers and technology and the concept of programs represented by little people is just a bit more silly and harder to accept as a plot.

In any case, I loved the short lived Tron Uprising animated series...that's my favorite of all the Trons!

#117 9 years ago

I have it on Bluray - watch it from time to time for uh...speaker testing in the movie room

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have it on Bluray - watch it from time to time for uh...speaker testing in the movie room

Yeah, I bought the 3D Blu-Ray...but I'll buy an piece of schlock as long as it's in 3D.

#119 9 years ago

The movie was made for the pinball machine.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

In any case, I loved the short lived Tron Uprising animated series...that's my favorite of all the Trons!

my favorite of all the Trons . . .

tron-quorra-1.jpgtron-quorra-1.jpg

#121 9 years ago

The original TRON LE

#122 9 years ago

dood.... i totally agree with you on this one and i must say she is still one of the hottest MILFS out there

can you even compare these 2 pins?? seems like the tron le just has a unfare advantage over almost all the le's over the last few years.

Quoted from labnip:

my favorite of all the Trons . . .

tron-quorra-1.jpg 76 KB

#123 9 years ago

Yuuuuuup

nort-arcade.pngnort-arcade.png

#124 9 years ago

BTW, I just want to thank everyone for their feedback on the 2 machines.

I didn't want anyone to think I was ungrateful.

Borg said he thinks TWD might be his best machine yet…after watching some videos, he may be right.

#125 9 years ago

Tron is probably my most magical pin, I mean when I play it it's pure magic (IM is close) however if I had to pick a flaw of Tron and someone said it as well, the right side of the PF is weak. It's not much just the scoop and the pop bumper/loop shot and I really don't go for the right loop shot much it's not called for as you can hit Gem better from the Quarra loop which is called for so the right side is weak.

While XM (reverse Tron) has the same scoop and pop bumper/loop shot it also has Wolverine bash toy making the entire PF of XM from right to center to left have good things to do.

I think Tron is missing the second forward ramp (as we see with ST and SM it is possible to have three ramps for 3 flippers). Or like IM or AcDc 2 ramps for 2 main flippers. I think it would be nice someday if Borg revisits this layout to add another ramp, even a mini ramp like Jack the monkey ramp from PotC in place of Wolverine bash toy.

I know XMLE only has 2 ramps but it does have the moving ramp to add variation, plus Xavier up kicker returns via the side ramp. I think Borg didn't simply want to reverse Tron and probably added another target to shoot on the opposite side. But how good or bad that target is Wolverine is open to debate, it certainly could have been smaller.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

BTW, I just want to thank everyone for their feedback on the 2 machines.
I didn't want anyone to think I was ungrateful.
Borg said he thinks TWD might be his best machine yet…after watching some videos, he may be right.

Hmmm time will tell! Thing about stern is that whenever they come out with a new game it's always "the best game Eva"

#127 9 years ago

Hmmm time will tell! Thing about stern is that whenever they come out with a new game it's always "the best game Eva"

Borg also said Metallica was his favorite band and favorite pin, he has a lot of favorite pins it seems.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Borg also said Metallica was his favorite band and favorite pin, he has a lot of favorite pins it seems.

His favorite pin will always be the one about to be released. Ritchie is the same way.

#129 9 years ago

Thing about stern is that whenever they come out with a new game it's always "the best game Eva"

True. Watching their videos on the making of Star Trek it was the best eva - they didn't have much to say about Mustang though

#130 9 years ago

I like mustang too…even though I'm a Camaro guy.

#131 9 years ago

Perhaps Stern feels like JJP in that their last pin is their best pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-vs-tron-le/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.