Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nort-arcade.png
tron-quorra-1.jpg
tron-workflow-1.jpg
tron-john-wayne.jpg
METLEvsTRONLE.jpg
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I know Tron is the superior game. Not arguing that point.

But looking at prices on the secondary market (Tron being more expensive of course), which game would you purchase, taking into account price?

I've only played X-Men once, so I really don't have an opinion on the game.

Just looking for feedback from others.

#2 9 years ago

Rough question if you're taking price into account. That kind of blows Tron LE out of the water. You can grab a modded Tron Pro for the same price as an X-Men LE.

#3 9 years ago

Tron pro with Eli and Arcade mod should be the same price as XMLE

I have both, I think Tron is better IMO but close since the XMLE has some cool feature and is more unique.

I'd take both, but I prefer Tron.

In other words instead or Tron LE why not get both Tron pro and XMLE for same money as Tron LE

IMO Tron pro is almost the same as the LE

#4 9 years ago

That is a death grudge match right there. Two awesome games.

#5 9 years ago

if you want some depth go with xmen, if you want a great callout/music/sexy machine game go with tron.

#6 9 years ago

I'd rather have ST over X-Men & most likely TWD over Tron. So yes they are both awesome games but I'd rather get two NIB with new backboxes and LED's etc..

#7 9 years ago

I have them side by side, both very good but very different. Xmen LE is a lot of pinball fun for the money, but tron LE is really awesome hense the high price of admission

#8 9 years ago

I found a Wolverine X-Men LE for $6k, NIB.

Trying to weight my options of spending $10-$12 on Tron LE, which, I believe has topped out in value.

Or do I go a similar route, and get the Wolverine X-Men LE for $6k & warranty, which can easily be $5k a year from now.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I'd rather have ST over X-Men & most likely TWD over Tron. So yes they are both awesome games but I'd rather get two NIB with new backboxes and LED's etc..

I already have a ST LE.

#10 9 years ago

I'd go X-Men LE for $6k without a doubt. There is also a chance of a Tron Vault coming out in the near future.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

There is also a chance of a Tron Vault coming out in the near future.

Yes I have something to post about that later

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Yes I have something to post about that later

isn't now a good time?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

isn't now a good time?

No. I learnt my lesson last time. This time I will wait until I have picture proof, which I should have mid to late next week before I post anything or RobT will be all over my ass

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

isn't now a good time?

I can't send you a PM BTW, it must be your settings.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No. I learnt my lesson last time. This time I will wait until I have picture proof, which I should have mid to late next week before I post anything or RobT will be all over my ass

I'm an early adopter.

Waiting till next week is the equivalent of being water boarded.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Waiting till next week is the equivalent of being water boarded.

be strong friend - hopefully this is the stoke of luck we have been waiting for.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

be strong friend - hopefully this is the stoke of luck we have been waiting for.

Hoping it isn't a pro model. I want an LE, but I'd settle for a Premium model.

#19 9 years ago

I have both and Tron's the winner by a landslide.

#20 9 years ago

I had them both and would choose XMLE if price was equal. Being that the prices are definitely not equal XMLE becomes the easy solution for *me*.

EDIT -
Sorry - I didn't have Tron LE - I had pro, but I've played on the LE

#21 9 years ago

I need to dig up my old post where I suggested Gary would remake LEs and everyone on the entire site disagreed. The quote was "Oh no, Gary would never do that. He would piss off the entire LE buying base."

#23 9 years ago

TRON LE > Tron Pro > Xmen Pro > XMen LE

#24 9 years ago

Get the XMLE NIB for $6K.

Then you can play your XMLE while you are waiting patiently for a modded Tron Pro with eli ramps & other mods to pop up on the market.

Marcus

#25 9 years ago

XMLE at 5K HUO would be my choice, but both are plenty of fun.

Tron is a pretty game, but Magneto might give it a run for its money.

#26 9 years ago

I think if you are just a casual player you are going to have more fun with Tron. XMEN shots are not the easiest and if you are off on your shots or aren't a very good player then your not going to have fun with XMEN. I've turned my XMEN on and after 5 games decided tonight is not the night to be playing XMEN. Other nights I've turned it on and been able to explore most the game. It has a lot of strategy and different things to do. Do I fight hero's or villians, how many hero's should I start before Magneto, try avoiding Wolverine until I have several hero's running then start multi-ball to collect and get extra ball, work on combos to collect Deadpoll before villians. I still haven't made it to Dark Phoenix though but XMEN has lasted the longest in my collection.

XMENLE > Tron Pro > Xmen Pro > TRON LE(this is ridiculously overpriced but that's just my opinion)

#27 9 years ago

If it's a nib X-men LE plan on doing some fixing w/the magnet and calling up Stern for replacement parts. Almost all X-men LE were shipped with a bogus magnet AUX board and it shorts the F7 fuse as well (effecting the Nightcrawler pop-ups and Magnets) . There is also a bad wire harness on some. Other then that the game is OUSTANDING!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Get the XMLE NIB for $6K.
Then you can play your XMLE while you are waiting patiently for a modded Tron Pro with eli ramps & other mods to pop up on the market.
Marcus

Actually, I prefer my games to not have any mods.

My Star Trek LE is 100% stock.

My Transformers LE, I swapped out the flashers to LED flashers and changed the Cube flasher from white to blue.

My Next Generation machine has some mods, Mick's cannon's with lasers, all LED lighting not matching the original color scheme, upgraded speakers & subwoofer.

#29 9 years ago

I'll go on the record right now saying that would be stupid for Gary to do that. I'm not saying he won't, but it would be stupid. They still have the illusion that their machines could go up in value because they can point to the examples of Tron LE and BIBLE. If selling a few extra games in the short term kills that doesn't it also kill the pressure on your customers to buy the LE quickly? If Tron Premium includes all the stuff you can't get on a pro like drops and Daft Punk multiball they really will start hurting the secondary prices. I think the worst thing for Stern would be to have Tron LE all of a sudden be a 6k game.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Trying to weight my options of spending $10-$12 on TRON LE, which, I believe has topped out in value.

if you are serious about this i have a nib and huo in nj. only need one so the other has to go. let me know.

#31 9 years ago

What is the difference between AC/DC premium and LE?

Same with Star Trek.

#32 9 years ago

I don't think Stern is concerned about the secondary markets price of their LE's. If they could make a bunch of Tron Premiums and sell them and make money. I'm pretty sure they would do it. None of their other LE's have gone up in price so I'm not sure why they would worry about TRON LE owners. ACDC already has the premium and the BIBLE is doing just fine price wise.

#33 9 years ago

Xmen le is not a great game. It might be good for people that understand rules and have ball control but for an average person to play it they hate it. If you want a game that most people will play when they are over, go tron, le or pro, either one is a better overall game.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Xmen le is not a great game. It might be good for people that understand rules and have ball control but for an average person to play it they hate it. If you want a game that most people will play when they are over, go tron, le or pro, either one is a better overall game.

I would agree with this. The only thing the casual player can do is start Wolverine multiball and that is about all they can do. My XMENLE has stayed in my collection as long as it has for me. I enjoy the deep rules and shots. I had IM VE for a month and got rid of it b/c I felt guilty have 2 games that are difficult and my kids couldn't enjoy so I traded it. But after almost 2 years of owning XMENLE I'm looking for something that more people can enjoy.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Rough question if you're taking price into account. That kind of blows TRON LE out of the water.

No it doesn't.

XMLE could go for $1k less than it does, and it would still be a no brainer for me: Tron LE!

#36 9 years ago

With price as a factor XMLE all the way. Then again I like XMLE better anyway. Flame on!

#37 9 years ago

I hope you are right - you're not trolling are you? (just had to be sure)

TRON LE owner down votes in 3,2,...

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

I don't think Stern is concerned about the secondary markets price of their LE's. If they could make a bunch of Tron Premiums and sell them and make money. I'm pretty sure they would do it. None of their other LE's have gone up in price so I'm not sure why they would worry about TRON LE owners. ACDC already has the premium and the BIBLE is doing just fine price wise.

For me it isn't necessarily concern about the LE prices, it is about market saturation.

Let's say Collector A buys a new Tron Premium from Stern. Stern gets their cash. Stern is happy, Collector A is happy. However let's say Collector A would've bought Collector B's Pro off of the secondary market if there wouldn't have been a Premium. Collector B still has the Pro, the value of the Pro has dropped on the secondary market. Collector B isn't a whiner, he knows pins aren't an investment. However Collector B is now faced with the reality that if he can move the Pro, he gets less cash back.

Now Stern's next new shiny machine comes out. Collector A isn't going to buy it, he just dropped his wad on the Premium. Collector B can't buy it because he either has no room, or not willing to be the guy who pays full boat when if he just waits a couple years another version with improvements will be released.

This is all fine and good, until everyone is in the same boat as Collector B. If more and more people are coming into the hobby and able to absorb the saturation, and willing to pay high amounts for the newer Sterns, great, but I cannot see that being sustainable for long.

So, I think for Stern it is a great short term strategy, striking while the market is hot. However long term I think it is a gamble.

#39 9 years ago

Good points, but I think Stern is thinking that the Pinball market is getting bigger, and there may not be enough of the old models (especially the 'good' ones) available. This is why the TRON LE is 'up there' in cost. Also, I think the Pinball customers are expecting better builds than the past. LEDs, better trim, decals, etc. Rebooting old favorite tables to 'version 2'/VE standards may not be a bad thing. I would like a Monster Bash remake with modern tech and new 'quality' parts. (However with MB Williams built very well in the last 90's - which I think JJP is trying to emulate).

#40 9 years ago

While I am at it, if they don't do the light ramps on the new tron - I would like to see them using chrome rails and ramps

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Good points, but I think Stern is thinking that the Pinball market is getting bigger, and there may not be enough of the old models (especially the 'good' ones) available. This is why the TRON LE is 'up there' in cost. Also, I think the Pinball customers are expecting better builds than the past. LEDs, better trim, decals, etc.

Tron LE is up there in cost because it is the best version of Tron available, and is limited. If a Premium is announced and it is feature identical to the LEs, but has the newer speaker panel, LEDs, etc. then that is no longer the case. Stern would be sending a message that LEs aren't unique, or won't be for long. Again, all fine and good except Stern is currently trying to sell LEs for 3k more than the Pros. Part of the reason many people would pay that is the feeling that they are getting the best version of the machine.

If they release a Tron Premium, only a moron will ever buy a Stern LE again. Many already argue that
only morons do, but as someone who has bought three LEs before and am thinking of TWDLE would wash my hands of it after that. Enough people think like that and Stern's LE market will grind to a halt, which is what has been making them their cash.

EDIT: Apologize for going so off topic. I'd go with X-men LE myself over a Tron LE. I actually prefer X-men over Tron, and with prices right now you could get an X-men LE and a Tron Pro for just the cost of the LE.

#42 9 years ago

XMLE is way underrated especially since the most recent code release. It has far more shots and varying difficulty. If I had no clue on the price of each of these I would think XMLE was the better game. But knowing the cost of each ... XMLE seems the obvious choice. Game prices do not always reflect better game play.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

And I would counter that Premiums have hurt LE sales already (along with releasing some "marginal" games in my opinion). That is why they are pushing the fact that they are not planning a premium for TWD, so if you want full gameplay, buy the LE quick, before they are gone! But you already know that Pro games can't go up in price anymore... because if they do it comes out of the Vault for a few quick bucks. And you are learning that the gameplay of the LE isn't really distinctive anymore. OMG, I think I just talked myself out of TWD. I guess there is not hurry after all.

#44 9 years ago

So DaveH you are saying that there should not be a premium model ever? Or do you think they are ok as long as Stern releases them at the exact same time as LE models?

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

ACDC already has the premium and the BIBLE is doing just fine price wise.

Because Tron LE is Tron Premium so they would be remaking an LE (the cab art and back glass differentiate BIB) Tron Pro and Tron LE had the same art and back glass soooo what would make a new Tron premium different?

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

While I am at it, if they don't do the light ramps on the new tron - I would like to see them using chrome rails and ramps

Now this would be an excellent compromise IMHO.

Stern could make a premium with chrome armor, metal ramps pre-drilled for eli's mod, the improved arcade mod, glo-balls & chrome flipper bats.

It would be an upgrade over the Pro and still respect the features of the LE.

It would be a win/win IMHO.

Marcus

#47 9 years ago

I think if they redo TRON they go big. I think they may unveil the new Stern system on it (or at least a hybrid). I don't think it will be a Premium that is like the LE, but rather the PRO on the new system. TRON is a good theme to go high tech...like new displays, lighting, etc.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Stern could make a premium with chrome armor, metal ramps...

This is why I think that the JJP pins looks nice - the rails. They remind me of the MB quality rails...awesome looking. Glad The Hobbit isn't using plastic rails either But that is another topic.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

improved arcade mod

I don't thing the legacy license allowed for the old tron arcade cab - could be wrong about that thought. I would expect the same arcade cab in the new build, even improved it may not be better than the mod available today.

#50 9 years ago

To me XM layout and shots are better than Tron.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-vs-tron-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.