• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by muttonboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnold_Eraser_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#41 11 years ago

I agree with others that say to play it first. In fact play the LE and Pro versions for a good period to see how you feel about them if at all possible. IMO this game with the latest update is just a blast to play but that does not mean you will feel the same way. I would definitely give the Pro a chance before just deciding on the LE you may find you prefer the look and play of the Pro. Plus for your first pin the Pro will likely give you less issues to fix. I played both versions extensively and preferred the Pro it saved me some dough. Please LE owners no need to throw a fit this is just my opinion man.

There were some LE owners that were hit up with numerous problems/issues with their machine along with the original terrible code that came with it. So it left a very bitter taste in their mouths and rightfully so. Stern should of never released a pin with those issues (unacceptable code, AUX Board issues, harness problems, & bad Ramp timing) it created a negative knee jerk reaction. I do feel however, that in time when the code is finished and people start to play it without preconceptions caused by it's unfortunate release it will become a very well liked pin. That will take some time though.

3 weeks later
#75 10 years ago

5 grand?? Yeah, good luck catching that fire sell on a pin with greatly improved software and a killer layout. I do agree 100% that one should play it first though as with any pin if at all possible.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Unless you are a great player the game will not be fun and the sound will still be horrid especially the voice acting. So yes play it and do not pay more than 5200 for it and stay away frow ones without a tweaked magneto disc and altered wolverine .

Just because you sold your pin at a low point doesn't mean it will stay there forever. It doesn't seem to me you are trying to help any buyer but rather make yourself feel better about selling a pin at it's lowest price point. What a buyer should know IMO is this is a limited edition and if you wait to find one at a fire sale price in their region they will be waiting a long while and maybe never find one.

It is pretty clear you don't like the pin. What I think you are having a tough time understanding is that some really love the pin and with each code update it is getting better and better for us. I now know of two Pinsiders that sold or got credit of ~$5K for their XM LE and both seem to be pretty pissed off about it which is understandable. IMO it is a great game and will only go up in value in the years to come. Even if it doesn't I will enjoy playing it nonetheless. As always to each their own I can agree to disagree.

#96 10 years ago

I have every right to express my opinion on topics without being attacked without reason. I disagreed with you two times in a non-confrontational manner and you flip out like that? If you disagree with my opinions that is fine but to attack me for them is over the line. I hold no grudge but do hope in the future we can have a discussion in a more civil manner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-value-first-purchase?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.