• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by muttonboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnold_Eraser_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindescabarian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 11 years ago

That is a sweet deal. The game is only going to get better and better with updates. It will definitely be a top 10 game. Top 20 just with layout alone IMO. Sleep easy. I think it will go up in price.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I keep thinking I need to revisit XM now the that the code is updated, but every time I look at it, I remember how much Wolverine overwhelms that left side. That is the one thing that code can't help, and will keep this game from ever getting into that top Stern tier. Just my opinion.

I agree he is a big challenge(road block) staring you down and can slow the flow. If you make the wrong shot he will make you drain SDTM. But now you can use him as a strategy. Whereas before in 1.23 Wolverine mode was more like a chore to play. I love his mode now because he is an asset for finishing Villains. Same with Villains, no longer a nuisance to play since has saved progress. Plus finish 3 and chance at extra ball by beating NC. Give it another look. When combos are implemented, I think it will the the total player package.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Code isn't shrink the size of the Wolverine toy. That is my only issue. He just physically takes up too much real estate in my opinion.

Don't paint yourself into a corner. The code has fixed the "issue." Give it a second look. Then comeback and bash.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Ummm..okay? I owned the machine for months, and know exactly how wide that toy is, and how many balls hit to the left end up hitting him. Not bashing. Stating the one reason that I don't think the layout works as well as some are suggesting. Code did not fix the issue with Wolverine being that close to the flippers, and wide enough to absorb a great majority of left side shots. Sorry.

Well you can't win them all. I hope you do actually give it a second look as you stated above. Love it or hate it. Opinions are what they are. I knew you owned it before. I read a lot of your post before I purchased the game. I bought an LE after I played it because the shots and layout of the game. (Even though the code was a mess at the time.) IMO the game has some of the best and satisfying shots because they are not easy. Making the game have last ability. Especially with the fun new code.

Quoted from muttonboy:

But while Xavier and Beast shots have plenty of room, Wolvie would be a huge improvement if only 1/4"~1/2" narrower. There's just no reason for him to be that big, the only problem other than visual is occasionally if you have a row of balls instead of a cluster at the start of Magneto multiball the end ball will hit him and mess it all up.

Wolvie and the iceman ramp are examples of fine ideas that could really have used a little more testing and thought before implementation.

I disagree. I would not change it. Love the Wolvie as is for reason stated above. Iceman ramp is IMO well thought out and does not block view when implemented as some have suggested. I think it is one of the most satisfying shots when made back to back.

3 weeks later
#86 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How so? Do you have a software version that no one else has? Completing a hero doesn't do anything as far as making villains easier from what I have seen or read. Of course it should....but as of now, I don't believe it does.

Sorry. I meant Weapon X mode.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

He said in 1.23 it was a chore. In 1.23 there was only Weapon X Multiball for Wolverine. Nothing has changed concerning Wolverine (Weapon X Multiball) from 1.23 and 1.24. He made it sound like in 1.23 there was no reason to beat Weapon X Multiball (it was a chore) and now (1.24) there is some added incentive to beat Weapon X Multiball that makes villains easier to beat (which it doesn't).

Yes, IMO it was a chore to play weapon X MB in 1.23. Too much confusion with all the stacking of modes. I felt opening the mode added to the confusion. Fast forward to 1.24. Now it is fun (controlled). Not just shoot and hit anything. Now Weapon X multi ball ties in well with the game play. The incentive is to open weapon X not necessarily finish the mode. (Although finishing the mode is awesome for points.) It allows you to make more mistakes and keep playing with ball saves to finish the clear objectives.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

It allows you to make more mistakes and keep playing with ball saves to finish the clear objectives.

When stacked with a villain.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindescabarian.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-value-first-purchase?tu=pindescabarian and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.