• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by muttonboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnold_Eraser_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2 11 years ago

Prices dropped pretty hard on X-Men LEs a few months ago because of major software issues. Long story short, the software was buggy, many disliked it, and an update didn't come soon enough for some people. This, along with the normal cycle of early NIB purchasers selling once something new and shiny (Avengers) came out, led to alot of them being on the market at the same time. Prices dropped pretty hard, but I can't say that I saw more than 1 or 2 ever get as low as the $5250 you mention.

Since then, a good software update came out which fixed most of the early concerns, and more goodies are rumored to be in the pipeline. This, combined with the fact that many of those that were on the market found their way into new longer term homes, is causing the prices to head back up towards "normal".

If you can still find one for $5250, I would say that's a really good deal at this point. I would expect them to settle around $6k in the near future, if not a bit more (especially if there is one more update that really kicks butt). I can't imagine they would go down any further, so I would be shocked if you lost much if any money down the road. It is a fantastic game...many who have given it an honest chance since the update consider it to be among the best Stern machines made.

#4 11 years ago

No problem. In my opinion, $5,250 delivered including shaker is a complete steal. You should stop thinking and go do it before someone else does! I honestly believe at this point that they could be asking $1k more than that and it would still be a decent deal (with delivery and shaker).

I got my Wolverine by trading 6 games that I had spent 5+ years collecting, including some real favorites. It was hard getting rid of some of them, but I honestly haven't regretted it since, and that includes when the "bad" software was out. Sure, I miss a few of them and will have a couple back some day I'm sure, but X-Men is just so damn good that I don't regret it.

Best of luck in your decision!

#15 11 years ago

It's a smoking good value TODAY. No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but I believe it has a better chance of going up (possibly approaching Tron LE levels if the next update is a homerun (OK...maybe optimistic...LOL)) than it does of going down to the $4k range. The pros are going to stay around $4k...the LEs will almost surely not drop to there. And even on the off hand chance that it does drop, so what? You will easily get $1k of amusement out of it in the next year!

#22 11 years ago

Good decision! I really don't think you can do wrong at this price.

As for being hated...that's not so much the case anymore. It was initially pretty well loved with reservations about the software (and many people had some hardware issues early on which seem to be solved now). Then the software seemed to keep getting worse instead of better. The bulk of the "hatred" came from the "power pack" update that came out at Christmas and was full of bugs and bad rule decisions. Since the latest rev, people are mostly loving it again. Once a couple more things are added and smoothed out, it could very easily shoot straight to the top of many people's favorites lists.

3 weeks later
#68 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Interesting bug. Now that houseofpinball's alter ego, juniorpinball, is gone, Jediturtle is now the OP.

WTF? Now I look like I'm talking to myself...LOL!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-value-first-purchase?tu=jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.