• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by muttonboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnold_Eraser_.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Whereas before in 1.23 Wolverine mode was more like a chore to play. I love his mode now because he is an asset for finishing Villains.

How so? Do you have a software version that no one else has? Completing a hero doesn't do anything as far as making villains easier from what I have seen or read. Of course it should....but as of now, I don't believe it does.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I keep thinking I need to revisit XM now the that the code is updated, but every time I look at it, I remember how much Wolverine overwhelms that left side. That is the one thing that code can't help, and will keep this game from ever getting into that top Stern tier. Just my opinion.

I can see what you are saying. When I first played the game it felt very claustrophobic on the left side. I remounted the Wolverine over and it helped the gameplay a lot. That being said, it is still an incredibly poorly designed toy. I have him mounted as good as he is going to get. Out of the Beast lane a bit, his left elbow up so he doesn't catch balls on his ground off elbow stump, right claw down so he doesn't hit the Iceman ramp when it comes over. I also made sure he wasn't over so far that it made the Xavier shot harder and I've actually hit the left Nightcrawler from the left flipper a couple of time on the fly. I really dread the day when I have to reposition him for some reason.

After I got him remounted and played a bit the cramped feeling of the left side went away. The only time it becomes an issue for me is during multiball. In multiball all I seem to do is hit Wolverine and hit the posts on each side of the Iceman ramp. That's not really all I hit, but it feels like that a good bit of the time.

I also think that if someone would have the skills and means to license, design and make a thinner, nice looking, problem free Wolverine for this game they would sell at a 1 ratio for every game made. That is what Stern should have done instead of worrying about cutting the LE and Pro playfields differently so he mounts different and especially when they had to break out the grinder to grind the toy's elbow down. They screwed up, they know it...they didn't fix it. It's pretty much as simple as that.

So in summery, I like my X-Men. I am in hopes it will get even better with continued software updates, but I will also admit there were many mistakes on this game and if someone can't get past the big mistake that is the Wolverine toy....that is very understandable.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I think he is referring to the Weapon X multiball part of Wolverine since his mode doesn't yet exist.

He said in 1.23 it was a chore. In 1.23 there was only Weapon X Multiball for Wolverine. Nothing has changed concerning Wolverine (Weapon X Multiball) from 1.23 and 1.24. He made it sound like in 1.23 there was no reason to beat Weapon X Multiball (it was a chore) and now (1.24) there is some added incentive to beat Weapon X Multiball that makes villains easier to beat (which it doesn't).

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from kungfucop:

I agree that Stern screwed up and I don't like the fact either that they tried to band-aid it by cutting the LE and Pro pf differently. But in their defense, they did "address" the problem by moving Wolverine over. It's not like they just mounted him as intended on the LE and shipped it to the customers without testing. Their QC actually caught the problem and found the cheapest way to address the issue. As the customer, it is easy for us to say just slap on a smaller replacement figure. We also need to consider the fact that the figure needs to be remolded, approved by Marvel/Disney and then cast again. That is quite costly, not to mention it will set their timeline back for their release date. It is probably still cheaper for Stern to send out an extra figure to every LE owner that complains about the issue than to revamp the figure. Again, I don't like it but I understand why they did it that way.

Even though the LE was released first...it is no secret that the Pro was finished first (and I'm guessing designed first).

Look at all of the early "official" X-Men pictures. They are of the Pros (with the LE differences Photoshopped in). They moved Wolverine FROM the Pro position TO the LE position and made a bad situation (cause by the poorly designed figure) even worse. I still can't figure out what they were trying to accomplish by moving it? His claw still got in the way of the ramp. Even in the original, Pro position, it wouldn't have hindered the spinning disc or Nightcrwalers.

The only fix that they did was grinding off the elbows and agreeing to send new figures to people that complained.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Yes, IMO it was a chore to play weapon X MB in 1.23. Too much confusion with all the stacking of modes. I felt opening the mode added to the confusion. Fast forward to 1.24. Now it is fun (controlled). Not just shoot and hit anything. Now Weapon X multi ball ties in well with the game play. The incentive is to open weapon X not necessarily finish the mode. (Although finishing the mode is awesome for points.) It allows you to make more mistakes and keep playing with ball saves to finish the clear objectives.

I understand what you are saying now. You mean since you can have a villain mode started and then start Weapon X multiball....that naturally helps you complete that villain (since it is a multiball and has the ball save).

I originally thought you were suggesting that beating Weapon X multiball on 1.24 somehow made Wolverine do more damage against villains after that (which it doesn't).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dugfreez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-value-first-purchase?tu=dugfreez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.