Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by muttonboy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Arnold_Eraser_.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

This is a Awsome game. You will love it. The shaker rocks as well.

#52 6 years ago

If you buy it at the right price (appears you did), you can always sell it without much loss if you decide you don't like it.

That applies to pinball, cars, motorcycles, homes, and just about anything else that retains value.

3 weeks later
#53 6 years ago

Interesting bug. Now that houseofpinball's alter ego, juniorpinball, is gone, Jediturtle is now the OP.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Interesting bug. Now that houseofpinball's alter ego, juniorpinball, is gone, Jediturtle is now the OP.

Wow, not even "retired"...but erased...from existence! (Said in my Doc Brown voice)

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

And let me be the first to say, juniorpinball, we hardly knew ya. You will be missed. Like a candle in the wind...

Edit: And I hope Im not the only one who finds it humorous that the guy who constantly brags about how smart he is, couldnt even keep his alter ego secret for more than a dozen posts. Pure genius.

#56 6 years ago

What a dingus

// Error: Image 95681 not found //

#57 6 years ago

If only creating aliases required reading financial statements...

#58 6 years ago

When was this asshat outed? I'd like to add the thread to the 'Best of.' Purely for historical reasons. Was it the Tron LE FS thread?

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

When was this asshat outed? I'd like to add the thread to the 'Best of.' Purely for historical reasons. Was it the TRON LE FS thread?

It happened in 2 threads. A bunch of people figured it out in the Tron thread and I called him out on it in the FS - Shadow thread.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Whereas before in 1.23 Wolverine mode was more like a chore to play. I love his mode now because he is an asset for finishing Villains.

How so? Do you have a software version that no one else has? Completing a hero doesn't do anything as far as making villains easier from what I have seen or read. Of course it should....but as of now, I don't believe it does.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

How so? Do you have a software version that no one else has? Completing a hero doesn't do anything as far as making villains easier from what I have seen or read. Of course it should....but as of now, I don't believe it does.

I think he is referring to the Weapon X multiball part of Wolverine since his mode doesn't yet exist.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I keep thinking I need to revisit XM now the that the code is updated, but every time I look at it, I remember how much Wolverine overwhelms that left side. That is the one thing that code can't help, and will keep this game from ever getting into that top Stern tier. Just my opinion.

I can see what you are saying. When I first played the game it felt very claustrophobic on the left side. I remounted the Wolverine over and it helped the gameplay a lot. That being said, it is still an incredibly poorly designed toy. I have him mounted as good as he is going to get. Out of the Beast lane a bit, his left elbow up so he doesn't catch balls on his ground off elbow stump, right claw down so he doesn't hit the Iceman ramp when it comes over. I also made sure he wasn't over so far that it made the Xavier shot harder and I've actually hit the left Nightcrawler from the left flipper a couple of time on the fly. I really dread the day when I have to reposition him for some reason.

After I got him remounted and played a bit the cramped feeling of the left side went away. The only time it becomes an issue for me is during multiball. In multiball all I seem to do is hit Wolverine and hit the posts on each side of the Iceman ramp. That's not really all I hit, but it feels like that a good bit of the time.

I also think that if someone would have the skills and means to license, design and make a thinner, nice looking, problem free Wolverine for this game they would sell at a 1 ratio for every game made. That is what Stern should have done instead of worrying about cutting the LE and Pro playfields differently so he mounts different and especially when they had to break out the grinder to grind the toy's elbow down. They screwed up, they know it...they didn't fix it. It's pretty much as simple as that.

So in summery, I like my X-Men. I am in hopes it will get even better with continued software updates, but I will also admit there were many mistakes on this game and if someone can't get past the big mistake that is the Wolverine toy....that is very understandable.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I think he is referring to the Weapon X multiball part of Wolverine since his mode doesn't yet exist.

He said in 1.23 it was a chore. In 1.23 there was only Weapon X Multiball for Wolverine. Nothing has changed concerning Wolverine (Weapon X Multiball) from 1.23 and 1.24. He made it sound like in 1.23 there was no reason to beat Weapon X Multiball (it was a chore) and now (1.24) there is some added incentive to beat Weapon X Multiball that makes villains easier to beat (which it doesn't).

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I also think that if someone would have the skills and means to license, design and make a thinner, nice looking, problem free Wolverine for this game they would sell at a 1 ratio for every game made. That is what Stern should have done instead of worrying about cutting the LE and Pro playfields differently so he mounts different and especially when they had to break out the grinder to grind the toy's elbow down. They screwed up, they know it...they didn't fix it. It's pretty much as simple as that.

I agree that Stern screwed up and I don't like the fact either that they tried to band-aid it by cutting the LE and Pro pf differently. But in their defense, they did "address" the problem by moving Wolverine over. It's not like they just mounted him as intended on the LE and shipped it to the customers without testing. Their QC actually caught the problem and found the cheapest way to address the issue. As the customer, it is easy for us to say just slap on a smaller replacement figure. We also need to consider the fact that the figure needs to be remolded, approved by Marvel/Disney and then cast again. That is quite costly, not to mention it will set their timeline back for their release date. It is probably still cheaper for Stern to send out an extra figure to every LE owner that complains about the issue than to revamp the figure. Again, I don't like it but I understand why they did it that way.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from kungfucop:

I agree that Stern screwed up and I don't like the fact either that they tried to band-aid it by cutting the LE and Pro pf differently. But in their defense, they did "address" the problem by moving Wolverine over. It's not like they just mounted him as intended on the LE and shipped it to the customers without testing. Their QC actually caught the problem and found the cheapest way to address the issue. As the customer, it is easy for us to say just slap on a smaller replacement figure. We also need to consider the fact that the figure needs to be remolded, approved by Marvel/Disney and then cast again. That is quite costly, not to mention it will set their timeline back for their release date. It is probably still cheaper for Stern to send out an extra figure to every LE owner that complains about the issue than to revamp the figure. Again, I don't like it but I understand why they did it that way.

Even though the LE was released first...it is no secret that the Pro was finished first (and I'm guessing designed first).

Look at all of the early "official" X-Men pictures. They are of the Pros (with the LE differences Photoshopped in). They moved Wolverine FROM the Pro position TO the LE position and made a bad situation (cause by the poorly designed figure) even worse. I still can't figure out what they were trying to accomplish by moving it? His claw still got in the way of the ramp. Even in the original, Pro position, it wouldn't have hindered the spinning disc or Nightcrwalers.

The only fix that they did was grinding off the elbows and agreeing to send new figures to people that complained.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, not even "retired"...but erased...from existence! (Said in my Doc Brown voice)

You Rang?

Arnold_Eraser_.jpg

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

WTF? Now I look like I'm talking to myself...LOL!

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

When was this asshat outed? I'd like to add the thread to the 'Best of.' Purely for historical reasons. Was it the TRON LE FS thread?

Lol! Par for the course….

#70 6 years ago

The House of Pin created a phony account to manipulate the already fallen price of XMEN LE even lower. Likely so he can buy it even cheaper, or to just be a general PITA for no good reason. He has been banned until the 7th of may. It is likely not his only other account IMHO. It was commented on by a mod in another thread. The comment was directed at his move of "liking" one of his own posts. For that I say who cares? The real crime is his original intent for making the phony account in the first place. Can you really come back to piside after that kind of lie and contribute in any way that is worth anything?

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

WTF? Now I look like I'm talking to myself...LOL!

Just like houseofpin!

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

The House of Pin created a phony account to manipulate the already fallen price of XMEN LE even lower. Likely so he can buy it even cheaper, or to just be a general PITA for no good reason. He has been banned until the 7th of may. It is likely not his only other account IMHO. It was commented on by a mod in another thread. The comment was directed at his move of "liking" one of his own posts. For that I say who cares? The real crime is his original intent for making the phony account in the first place. Can you really come back to piside after that kind of lie and contribute in any way that is worth anything?

Nice catch PEN. Thats why I like the moderated forums here. The poison that spews out of his keyboard was not needed. We are here to enjoy our hobby, have fun, and share information. If someone wants to just spew hate they can go back to RGP and spew at each other. Maybe after they "get it out of their system" at RGP they can come back here and be polite and contribute some of their knowlege to the rest of us.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

He was probably planning on using that account to sell pins as well. He said in one of his previous posts that he wouldn't use his own account to sell a game, and said he would create another. Which is no surprise, considering his attempt to trade his TZ on here turned into a complete fiasco.

#74 6 years ago

Do not make my mistake play it first. Around 5 grand and do not buy it unless it was tweaked well.

#75 6 years ago

5 grand?? Yeah, good luck catching that fire sell on a pin with greatly improved software and a killer layout. I do agree 100% that one should play it first though as with any pin if at all possible.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Do not make my mistake play it first. Around 5 grand and do not buy it unless it was tweaked well.

Are you and The House of Pin just selling that game back and forth or what? I have heard that price from both of you more times in a week then I have changed my underwear (every day). Can I see pics of this game? Was it in a fire? a flood? is it haunted? Are you trying to buy one for that price?

If you sold it for 5 grand then the mistake you made was selling it.

#77 6 years ago

Yes 5 grand you know how I could not sell mine for 5500 and got 5 grand in trade. Oh and the one that went for 5000 grand the week before and the one that sold for 5200 the week after.

I played your greatly improved software and it still did not make it fun actually the new software did little to impress. Maybe you should own one and trying selling one before you go telling me I am off my rocker Dude.. It was not a fire sale it was a sale of a crap product by a super hardcore Xmen fan.

Unless you are a great player the game will not be fun and the sound will still be horrid especially the voice acting. So yes play it and do not pay more than 5200 for it and stay away frow ones without a tweaked magneto disc and altered wolverine . Mine even with a hand picked fiber washer still was pretty loud and annoying with the sound way up. Do not buy it because you love Xmen ?

Pen the game was doughslingers for a month than turbo 20lbs who tweaked it as much as possible and now is in michaelobriens possession . One after another we all bailed on it, I have plenty of pics of this perfect example but what's the point? Oh I see you own the game and want its value to rise I feel you. But have you tried to sell it? Stop defending Xmen enjoy your game and when you sell it for your high price i will be there clapping for you. But it was not my loss I did jumping jacks when I made the trade of the year on pinside.

Sorry was trying to give the OP a reasonable price for this game and I think I qualify to speak on the subject. Considering I paid 5795 plus over 500 navl shipping and when I wanted to get what I paid not a single would responded on pinside or Craigslist. I would be patient and find a fair price and try hard not to overpay for it .

#78 6 years ago

Hey everyone in every xmen thread, starbase sold his xmen for $5,000

Thats how much it is worth

He hates it

Don't buy one.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Hey everyone in every xmen thread starbase sold his xmen for $5,000
Thats how much it is worth
He hates it
Don't buy one.

Hey everyone pen does not like the truth or does not want to admit that others sold at this price. See what I did there Pen. Buy one pay to much just so pen can feel better about his pins worth.

You want to attack me fine, sorry my truthful post about a game you like irks you. I was actually trying to help the OP what are you doing? You want him to overpay? You love your game wonderful for you.

Not going to argue with you, you are too defensive about your precious game .

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

You want to attack me fine, sorry my truthful post about a game you like irks you. I was actually trying to help the OP what are you doing?

What OP are you trying to help? The one with the phony account or the one who is banned from the sight? What are you trying to do exactly?

#82 6 years ago

xmen le is a fun game, you don't have to be a great player , and of course only pay the going rate. I do own but won't sell and don't care if it is worth 5000, 5200, 5500. Regardless , I enjoy it, and do think it is a great theme and if you love xmen , certainly worth finding one to play to make your own decision.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Hey everyone pen does not like the truth or does not want to admit that others sold at this price. See what I did there Pen. Buy one pay to much just so pen can feel better about his pins worth.

Starbase-

Let me remind you and everyone else that this whole thread was a ruse made by the houseofpin and his other account juniorpinball to lower the price of XMEN LE. You are either part of the ruse or oblivious to it.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Nice catch PEN. Thats why I like the moderated forums here. The poison that spews out of his keyboard was not needed. We are here to enjoy our hobby, have fun, and share information. If someone wants to just spew hate they can go back to RGP and spew at each other. Maybe after they "get it out of their system" at RGP they can come back here and be polite and contribute some of their knowlege to the rest of us.

See what I mean Player#4.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Starbase-
Let me remind you and everyone else that this whole thread was a ruse made by the houseofpin and his other account juniorpinball to lower the price of XMEN LE. You are either part of the ruse or oblivious to it.

Oh and the one at 5700 that is not selling is imaginary too?? I am not part of anything, just answered honestly go ahead and hate me because I did not agree with what you think is fact. You accused me of having a broken, flooded , ruined le when in fact mine was probably in better shape than most HOU and tweaked further too.

So you keep thinking your word is god. I do not care either way. 5000-5200 that is fair.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Sorry. I meant Weapon X mode.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

He said in 1.23 it was a chore. In 1.23 there was only Weapon X Multiball for Wolverine. Nothing has changed concerning Wolverine (Weapon X Multiball) from 1.23 and 1.24. He made it sound like in 1.23 there was no reason to beat Weapon X Multiball (it was a chore) and now (1.24) there is some added incentive to beat Weapon X Multiball that makes villains easier to beat (which it doesn't).

Yes, IMO it was a chore to play weapon X MB in 1.23. Too much confusion with all the stacking of modes. I felt opening the mode added to the confusion. Fast forward to 1.24. Now it is fun (controlled). Not just shoot and hit anything. Now Weapon X multi ball ties in well with the game play. The incentive is to open weapon X not necessarily finish the mode. (Although finishing the mode is awesome for points.) It allows you to make more mistakes and keep playing with ball saves to finish the clear objectives.

#88 6 years ago

It allows you to make more mistakes and keep playing with ball saves to finish the clear objectives.

When stacked with a villain.

#89 6 years ago

Yes, IMO it was a chore to play weapon X MB in 1.23. Too much confusion with all the stacking of modes. I felt opening the mode added to the confusion. Fast forward to 1.24. Now it is fun (controlled). Not just shoot and hit anything. Now Weapon X multi ball ties in well with the game play. The incentive is to open weapon X not necessarily finish the mode. (Although finishing the mode is awesome for points.) It allows you to make more mistakes and keep playing with ball saves to finish the clear objectives.

I understand what you are saying now. You mean since you can have a villain mode started and then start Weapon X multiball....that naturally helps you complete that villain (since it is a multiball and has the ball save).

I originally thought you were suggesting that beating Weapon X multiball on 1.24 somehow made Wolverine do more damage against villains after that (which it doesn't).

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Unless you are a great player the game will not be fun and the sound will still be horrid especially the voice acting. So yes play it and do not pay more than 5200 for it and stay away frow ones without a tweaked magneto disc and altered wolverine .

Just because you sold your pin at a low point doesn't mean it will stay there forever. It doesn't seem to me you are trying to help any buyer but rather make yourself feel better about selling a pin at it's lowest price point. What a buyer should know IMO is this is a limited edition and if you wait to find one at a fire sale price in their region they will be waiting a long while and maybe never find one.

It is pretty clear you don't like the pin. What I think you are having a tough time understanding is that some really love the pin and with each code update it is getting better and better for us. I now know of two Pinsiders that sold or got credit of ~$5K for their XM LE and both seem to be pretty pissed off about it which is understandable. IMO it is a great game and will only go up in value in the years to come. Even if it doesn't I will enjoy playing it nonetheless. As always to each their own I can agree to disagree.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It doesn't seem to me you are trying to help the buyer

....and this thread was started by a scammer who has had one of his accounts erased and the other one suspended. I'm not sure why anyone would want to help the OP.

#92 6 years ago

Dude this is a public forum my low price has no bearing on my posts. I am happy with my sale, everyone loses money in pinball eventually. I lost money on swde , FGY, and yes wolverine. The op asked for a fair price and I gave my opinion not fact I saw others sell around this price, so really what is your problem really? What does my opinion have on Xmen pricing it has zero effect and I am not trying to lower pricing on any pin, just give the buyer a good idea of pricing. The people freaking out are Xmen owners and I meant no offense. I truly wanted and tried to love this game sorry I did not but why harsh on me for a opposing opinion. I traded a mint 96 plays tron pro and Xmen le for a tron le who's owner was asking 10,500 I put the value of tron at 4500 and Xmen at 5000 so yes I did not get cash but I certainly do have experience on cost of this machine.

<edited>

So dude I am happy to speak with you in pm's in a mature manner, but do not single me out it's just not fair bud.

Oh and pen you can think I am houseofpin or anyone but this is my one and only account I will make and I am starbase, nothing more.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : Attacks on mods will not be tolerated.

#93 6 years ago

I like turtles

#94 6 years ago

I love lamp.

#95 6 years ago

Starbase that whole last post was a personal attack...on a moderator. Are you drinking alcohol during the day? Seems like you jumped the shark there come back to earth man

#96 6 years ago

I have every right to express my opinion on topics without being attacked without reason. I disagreed with you two times in a non-confrontational manner and you flip out like that? If you disagree with my opinions that is fine but to attack me for them is over the line. I hold no grudge but do hope in the future we can have a discussion in a more civil manner.

#97 6 years ago

Hey Jediturtle, since you're the OP now you should request this thread closed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ropesville, TX
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside