• Latest reply 9 years ago by Deez
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Um Yeah.jpg
tron-encom-glass.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

This is a serious question with NO disrespect intended. I could not get over the "off center" flippers. Is/was that a problem for anyone else? I loved the game when it first came out. Then it started bugging me with it being off to the left a bit...

Tron has the same thing. Not a problem for me at all.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The iceman ramp misses the switch, obscures your view, and basically serves no purpose as you can just roll the ball from one flipper to the other on a made ramp to shoot it again...don't even need the ramp to move. To me it's a complete negative with no positives at all, if I had an LE I'd disable it probably (kind of like how I disabled the diverter on AC/DC as it ruined flow).
Nightcrawlers are cool, much easier mode on the LE compared to the pro. Plus is that they're somewhat fun, minus is that they block combos and other shots.
The spinning disc is also a +/-, you get some nice effects off it but the magnet on the pro is used a lot more for throwing the ball, so I'm not sure if the spinning disc vs more active magnet end up up being that much different other than the multiball start, which is MUCH better on the LE and very lame on the pro.
The other gameplay difference is that the LE wolverine is positioned too far to the left, blocking off the Beast shot where the pro is mounted farther to the right. A fixable issue, but by default the Beast shot is much better on the pro.
GI led's are cool, but if your pro has LED's it's not a huge difference...I have LED's in my pro and have an AC/DC premium, I guess I just don't notice it being that big of a deal. Default pro though vs LE is a big difference in favor of the LE.
I guess I would put it, if glitz and glam are big deal to you than the LE is probably worth the $1500 extra. If you've just looking to play it and don't care about all the glam, the pro is the better option for your money.

I agree with you mostly, except I feel NC is VERY FUN, as in one of the best features in the game. I would miss NC a lot, and they are really cool toy IMO.

I agree the Ice ramp blocks the view, I don't think it's the best toy, but it is neat when it moves and clearly there is something there, maybe not the best idea, but an effort where as ST LE or premium does not have a lot more than then pro, at least not big PF toys like the ramp. I can disable it, but either way it's ok.

I agree the Beast shot is more difficult but, I never changed my wolverine position but now I'm able to make Beast much more often with practice, not an easy shot but not impossible at all.

I agree the bling is maybe what makes the LE better but I greatly prefer the real backglass and the art and blue armor/legs. IMO the bling is well worth another $1200. And the other features especially NC and spinning disc is well worth having.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The XMEN Pro cabinet art is even better than the LEs!

I disagree, but think all three have nice cabinet art. I wouldn't say one is clearly better than another.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-the-best-value-le?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.