Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fattdirk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Um Yeah.jpg
tron-encom-glass.jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Great game, had a NIB Magneto and really enjoyed it but not being a big Xmen fan at all it just didn't last long. Nice thing was not a big loss as it didn't cost 9K for me. I will say a lot of people that came over and tried it did not like it very much even the guys that play a lot of pinball. Something was just off with this game, same thing with Avengers LE.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Avatar LE's random use of the powerball sucks. 2x scoring for free? Then drain it on ball save, get a steel ball in play but keep 2x scoring? Completely uninspired / unbalanced scoring because of this "feature".

Agree. It also has the worst wiz mode ever. Any time your best strategy is to let balls drain, that's a sign you're playing a bad mode. When it happens during a wiz mode, it's unforgivable. I wouldn't pay more than the value of the parts for the pro or the LE. I will play them on location, if nothing else is available. But that goes for just about any working game. I'm a location slut.

Most of the games mentioned in this thread are B titles IMO, including XM. I wouldn't consider buying any premium or LE other than AC/DC or MET. And I'd rather play the pro of those two than any of the other LE's or premiums. The others are fun, but not worth the extra money IMO. YMMV

#53 5 years ago

This is a serious question with NO disrespect intended. I could not get over the "off center" flippers. Is/was that a problem for anyone else? I loved the game when it first came out. Then it started bugging me with it being off to the left a bit...

#54 5 years ago

A Rolling Stones LE is on Ebay. Likely less than $5500, or around that for a reserve price on EBay. I enjoy mine. I recommend it after the XMENLE and Avengers HULK. The wife plays the RSLE lately. Keeping her occupied. Always a good thing. Mick still rocks 50 years later....as old as the Ford Mustang...LOL.

Dual flipper buttons are a mind bender.....and I hope will keep me from getting Alzheimer's "Oldtimers" too soon. The dual flipper hit/save choice combination must require a different part of my brain as any other due to the ball save dual flipper feature on the LE. Easy, fun and different. The music adds to the gameplay too.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

The Night Crawlers are integrated so well in the game..especially Danger Room. I couldn't imagine playing Xmen without them.

How do they figure in? Are they the target shots? do they pop up and down ? Wondering how its different than the Xavier and Cyclops shots in Danger room, or do they replace those shots somehow?
I should go look for some video.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

The Night Crawlers are integrated so well in the game..especially Danger Room. I couldn't imagine playing Xmen without them.
Multiball start with the spinning magnet disc is one of the best MB starts in pinball...so much so I bought a Twister =).
The GI coloring when choosing\playing Villain really sets the mood for the battle
The moving Iceman ramp brings the ball back to the flipper needed to make the next Iceman shot. The ramp (and the game in general) gets a bad rap from horrible code that took years to correct...the ramp would just randomly stop and dump the ball SDTM...over the flippers etc. Obviously that's been fixed
IMHO with the LE having 3 additional toys (4 if you count the Night Crawlers as 2)... the difference in the Xmen LE and Pro are the most diverse since Stern went to the LE\Pro business model. Considering were the LE is priced...it's a no brainer over the Pro

The iceman ramp misses the switch, obscures your view, and basically serves no purpose as you can just roll the ball from one flipper to the other on a made ramp to shoot it again...don't even need the ramp to move. To me it's a complete negative with no positives at all, if I had an LE I'd disable it probably (kind of like how I disabled the diverter on AC/DC as it ruined flow).

Nightcrawlers are cool, much easier mode on the LE compared to the pro. Plus is that they're somewhat fun, minus is that they block combos and other shots.

The spinning disc is also a +/-, you get some nice effects off it but the magnet on the pro is used a lot more for throwing the ball, so I'm not sure if the spinning disc vs more active magnet end up up being that much different other than the multiball start, which is MUCH better on the LE and very lame on the pro.

The other gameplay difference is that the LE wolverine is positioned too far to the left, blocking off the Beast shot where the pro is mounted farther to the right. A fixable issue, but by default the Beast shot is much better on the pro.

GI led's are cool, but if your pro has LED's it's not a huge difference...I have LED's in my pro and have an AC/DC premium, I guess I just don't notice it being that big of a deal. Default pro though vs LE is a big difference in favor of the LE.

I guess I would put it, if glitz and glam are big deal to you than the LE is probably worth the $1500 extra. If you've just looking to play it and don't care about all the glam, the pro is the better option for your money.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

From a cosmetic perspective, both LE cabinets and backglass contain some of the best artwork of any pinball machine, period.

But you know what? The XMEN Pro cabinet art is even better than the LEs!

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

This is a serious question with NO disrespect intended. I could not get over the "off center" flippers. Is/was that a problem for anyone else? I loved the game when it first came out. Then it started bugging me with it being off to the left a bit...

Tron has the same thing. Not a problem for me at all.

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The iceman ramp misses the switch, obscures your view, and basically serves no purpose as you can just roll the ball from one flipper to the other on a made ramp to shoot it again...don't even need the ramp to move. To me it's a complete negative with no positives at all, if I had an LE I'd disable it probably (kind of like how I disabled the diverter on AC/DC as it ruined flow).
Nightcrawlers are cool, much easier mode on the LE compared to the pro. Plus is that they're somewhat fun, minus is that they block combos and other shots.
The spinning disc is also a +/-, you get some nice effects off it but the magnet on the pro is used a lot more for throwing the ball, so I'm not sure if the spinning disc vs more active magnet end up up being that much different other than the multiball start, which is MUCH better on the LE and very lame on the pro.
The other gameplay difference is that the LE wolverine is positioned too far to the left, blocking off the Beast shot where the pro is mounted farther to the right. A fixable issue, but by default the Beast shot is much better on the pro.
GI led's are cool, but if your pro has LED's it's not a huge difference...I have LED's in my pro and have an AC/DC premium, I guess I just don't notice it being that big of a deal. Default pro though vs LE is a big difference in favor of the LE.
I guess I would put it, if glitz and glam are big deal to you than the LE is probably worth the $1500 extra. If you've just looking to play it and don't care about all the glam, the pro is the better option for your money.

I agree with you mostly, except I feel NC is VERY FUN, as in one of the best features in the game. I would miss NC a lot, and they are really cool toy IMO.

I agree the Ice ramp blocks the view, I don't think it's the best toy, but it is neat when it moves and clearly there is something there, maybe not the best idea, but an effort where as ST LE or premium does not have a lot more than then pro, at least not big PF toys like the ramp. I can disable it, but either way it's ok.

I agree the Beast shot is more difficult but, I never changed my wolverine position but now I'm able to make Beast much more often with practice, not an easy shot but not impossible at all.

I agree the bling is maybe what makes the LE better but I greatly prefer the real backglass and the art and blue armor/legs. IMO the bling is well worth another $1200. And the other features especially NC and spinning disc is well worth having.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

But you know what? The XMEN Pro cabinet art is even better than the LEs!

Many others agree with you, and it's nice, but to me there's too much of a brown hue on the Pro cabinet and translite if you look at it from afar, whereas the LEs have a well implemented color pallet across the board including the armor.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The XMEN Pro cabinet art is even better than the LEs!

I disagree, but think all three have nice cabinet art. I wouldn't say one is clearly better than another.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

A TON of games are like this. Just a geometry decision by the designer to make hitting shots feel better or prevent balls from coming straight down the middle from somewhere. There's no rule that the flippers have to be symmetrical with the apron shape.

#63 5 years ago

Its an great game..for sure.. With the newest code its an blast.

Too bad the wolverine figure tends to break its arm

I bought a couple of figures at once.
But too many as a package deal.. Have a spare to sell.. If anyone wants a wolverine figure
Let me know.

Ask 89 bucks for it

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

A Rolling Stones LE is on Ebay. Likely less than $5500, or around that for a reserve price on EBay. I enjoy mine. I recommend it after the XMENLE and Avengers HULK. The wife plays the RSLE lately. Keeping her occupied. Always a good thing. Mick still rocks 50 years later....as old as the Ford Mustang...LOL.
Dual flipper buttons are a mind bender.....and I hope will keep me from getting Alzheimer's "Oldtimers" too soon. The dual flipper hit/save choice combination must require a different part of my brain as any other due to the ball save dual flipper feature on the LE. Easy, fun and different. The music adds to the gameplay too.

That is funny I was going to post the same thing. It is a fun game and it is really fast. I would say it is one of the fastest next to Star Trek, especially the power ball. I am glad you found one-and I am glad I kept mine. The LE with the double flipper buttons is hard to get used to but is really unique and entertaining. It also seems to be a rare title, with under 100 estimated ever made. Mick on the stick-Rocks! I really like moving targets. Next to X-Men LE The Rolling Stones LE is my choice for LE bang for your buck category.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

A Rolling Stones LE is on Ebay. Likely less than $5500, or around that for a reserve price on EBay. I enjoy mine.

I think that's Tom Kopera's personal game. He's had it for sale for a long time. I remember expressing interest in the past, but he wanted crazy money for it. I wonder if he's changed his tune.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That is funny I was going to post the same thing. It is a fun game and it is really fast. I would say it is one of the fastest next to Star Trek, especially the power ball. I am glad you found one-and I am glad I kept mine. The LE with the double flipper buttons is hard to get used to but is really unique and entertaining. It also seems to be a rare title, with under 100 estimated ever made. Mick on the stick-Rocks! I really like moving targets. Next to X-Men LE The Rolling Stones LE is my choice for LE bang for your buck category.

Hey Bud,
Your wife and mine must have similar likes. The double-wide ramp openings and close proximity give my wife a feeling of fun and satisfaction, we all get on other more challenging machines. Its as Kris Kristofferson wrote and Janis Joplin sang in that classic song,Me and Bobby McGee....

"Feelin' Good, is Good Enough" It works for me.

1 week later
#67 5 years ago

Played my XMEN LE Wolverine last night. Put it on ten ball with extra extra balls and wore this old body out to pasture. This is an excellent game!!!! As good as my BIBLE and all the other recent LE's. IMHO it is a new era of pinball with RGB control lighting, sound and all the rest. It is an upper shoulder workout!!! Use your gym fees and apply them to a nice XMENLE and get your collection started.

#68 5 years ago

For what Transformers le is selling for now that is a great value. Will not quote prices I have seen but under pro cost of anything new in box.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Would you qualify any of the Stern pins as well made? How does AVLE compare to IM as I see you have it in your collection.
Thanks

Avengers was the cheapest pin with the most issues I have ever owned out of about 15 stern titles

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

For what Transformers le is selling for now that is a great value. Will not quote prices I have seen but under pro cost of anything new in box.

I agree with the TFLE being an excellent machine at a least comparative cost of the LEs. I just played a few games earlier today on my TFLE with the sound blasting......SWEET!!! MEGATRON BABY!! Pinball...what is not to like?

#71 5 years ago

TFLE at $4500 or less is the best LE value IMO.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

TFLE at $4500 or less is the best LE value IMO.

I got mine for $3,750 from a second owner HUO just a couple weeks ago, and looks really really nice. My least expensive LE. Love the play....lots of fun.

#73 5 years ago

Transformers LE is a better game in my opinion.

#74 5 years ago

The TFLE ironhide mini playfield is so lame. It absolutely ruins the game for me. I think XMLE is a much better game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside