Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HB_GAMER
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

not sure how i missed or forgot about this thread, but ill give it a try over the weekend on my magneto le

#102 4 years ago

It's so much better, love the songs

#103 4 years ago

Love the sound mod. We were trying to figure out all the 80's and 90s rock songs on it, can't place them all.

Do you have a list?

#104 4 years ago

Glad you are enjoying it! They're not all 80s/90s!

Cyclops - Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park
Iceman - Remember the Name - Fort Minor
Phoenix - Shatter Me - Lindsey Sterling
Rogue - Layla - Eric Clapton
Wolverine - Last Resort - Papa Roach
Beast - Symphony 40 - Mozart
Gambit - Cochise - Audioslave

Brotherhood MB - Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold
Hellfire Club MB - Some Epic song by Within Temptation - I can't remember and don't have that song saved
Sabertooth - I Stand Alone - Godsmack
Omega Red - Russian Roulette - 10 Years
Juggernaut - Got the Life - Korn
Shadow King - Mudshovel - Staind

I think that's all of them.

#105 4 years ago

Damnit, I cannot beat this game! Still don’t have a uniform approach to Magneto. And I suck at Weapon X MB too. I’m a decent player. Top score around 300M without finishing the game (This seems good, but I don’t know). Been getting scores in the mid 100Ms regularly lately, usually without Danger Room (gotten there maybe 5 times? Dark Phoenix ONCE. How the hell do you get Dark Phoenix!?) And is there an ultimate Wizard Mode?

Anyone have any good techniques to whip this games ass? I do want to play better, but the MBs are hectic (and can shit down that right orbit shit) and maybe I just suck.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Damnit, I cannot beat this game! Still don’t have a uniform approach to Magneto. And I suck at Weapon X MB too. I’m a decent player. Top score around 300M without finishing the game (This seems good, but I don’t know). Been getting scores in the mid 100Ms regularly lately, usually without Danger Room (gotten there maybe 5 times? Dark Phoenix ONCE. How the hell do you get Dark Phoenix!?) And is there an ultimate Wizard Mode?
Anyone have any good techniques to whip this games ass? I do want to play better, but the MBs are hectic (and can shit down that right orbit shit) and maybe I just suck.

You aren't alone buddy. Had this game 7+ years. Been to Danger Room maybe 3-4 times (never getting far into it) and have still never seen Dark Phoenix. Magneto remains a mystery. Weapon X is usually the thing stopping me from Danger Room. I know HOW to finish it...I just rarely do. You probably already know the trick...but just in case not, watch for the arrows at the bottom of the display and shoot the shots on that side of the playfield. That helps you progress through Weapon X much faster. But it still kicks my butt usually, LOL.

Still an amazing, underappreciated, undervalued, underrated game. It kicks my butt and even though I have trouble getting to the wizard modes, it never feels unfair when doing it. Love it.

#107 4 years ago

On Weapon X try to shoot the faster flashing arrows.Less number of hits are required to beat it.
Also try to have The scoop lit for free time or add a ball if needed.

#108 4 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

On Weapon X try to shoot the faster flashing arrows.Less number of hits are required to beat it.
Also try to have The scoop lit for free time or add a ball if needed.

Interesting...never noticed the faster flashing arrows. They must correspond to the arrows on the display. I totally missed that...will be easier to look for than looking up at the DMD!

#109 4 years ago

I’ve played an equal amount with stacking on and off. Finishing the game without stacking must take an entire day.

About EBs:

1) you light one for finishing night crawler. Then I’m not sure.
2) Completing 4 heroes? Or does Wolvie have to be one of them?
3) Completing Magneto and a certain # of villains?

Any others?

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Glad you are enjoying it! They're not all 80s/90s!
Cyclops - Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park
Iceman - Remember the Name - Fort Minor
Phoenix - Shatter Me - Lindsey Sterling
Rogue - Layla - Eric Clapton
Wolverine - Last Resort - Papa Roach
Beast - Symphony 40 - Mozart
Gambit - Cochise - Audioslave
Brotherhood MB - Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold
Hellfire Club MB - Some Epic song by Within Temptation - I can't remember and don't have that song saved
Sabertooth - I Stand Alone - Godsmack
Omega Red - Russian Roulette - 10 Years
Juggernaut - Got the Life - Korn
Shadow King - Mudshovel - Staind
I think that's all of them.

Thanks! Sending this to my buddy as some of these we knew but just couldn't place!

6 months later
#111 3 years ago

Very nice addition to a very Under rated game. Magneto LE is back in the fleet. Forgot how much there was to this game.

1 month later
#112 3 years ago

Love the sound package. Occasionally, I get what sounds like static pops during some of the new speech. Did not happen before the down load. Any ideas?

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Love the sound package. Occasionally, I get what sounds like static pops during some of the new speech. Did not happen before the down load. Any ideas?

This is the audio clipping from the sound clip that I was using. When I tried to normalized some audio clips, it distorted some parts of the sound wave, and you get that bit of popping. I tried to reduce it as much as I could, but then the sound clip would be super quiet. I'm sure there are ways to clean it up, but I'm not smart enough to know or do it.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This is the audio clipping from the sound clip that I was using. When I tried to normalized some audio clips, it distorted some parts of the sound wave, and you get that bit of popping. I tried to reduce it as much as I could, but then the sound clip would be super quiet. I'm sure there are ways to clean it up, but I'm not smart enough to know or do it.

Ok thanks. I wonder if a pin woofer amp would clean it up.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Ok thanks. I wonder if a pin woofer amp would clean it up.

Doubt it. Its the sound clip(audio file) itself not the speakers.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Doubt it. Its the sound clip(audio file) itself not the speakers.

Correct. I would have to go back in and see if I could clean it up more. I dont have the sound clips anymore so I would have to source them again and edit them down. The ones I recall that did this were the Pheonix ones. It could be something I revisit at some point, but dont have any plans to.

#117 3 years ago

Do you recall where the "free game" sound is? I need to replace the squashed rubber ducky sound with practically anything else.
I am loving your sound package , it is pretty much everything I wanted to do and more.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Do you recall where the "free game" sound is? I need to replace the squashed rubber ducky sound with practically anything else.
I am loving your sound package , it is pretty much everything I wanted to do and more.

I can't say I know what you're talking about. Are you referring to the Stern "knocker" sound? I do not believe that is accessible via pinball browser.

#119 3 years ago

I guess its the "knocker" sound. It plays when you get a free game via high score or match game. I turned off the match game just to avoid hearing that sound (game is on free play anyway, but I really like the match animation) but I set a GC score and heard it anyway

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I guess its the "knocker" sound. It plays when you get a free game via high score or match game. I turned off the match game just to avoid hearing that sound (game is on free play anyway, but I really like the match animation) but I set a GC score and heard it anyway

Yeah, I don't know if that is accessible via pinball browser. Likely not since people would have changed it long ago. You can always turn off the knocker sound, which I've done on other games, but still keep the match animation.

8 months later
#121 2 years ago

Fantastic! Got an le like 7 years ago thinking I need to replace this sound bites. Amazing and thank you for sharing, need to explore this a bit, install it and figure out if I can assist in call out updates. I have no idea how to make changes but from the video sounds are on pointe! Thank you!

If you have recommended reading on pinball browser would love to learn more. Are the files labeled in a way to determine what goes to what sound or do you have it noteated somewhere? FatPanda if I screw things up I suspect I can just flash the latest update again to bring the old sounds back?

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Fantastic! Got an le like 7 years ago thinking I need to replace this sound bites. Amazing and thank you for sharing, need to explore this a bit, install it and figure out if I can assist in call out updates. I have no idea how to make changes but from the video sounds are on pointe! Thank you!
If you have recommended reading on pinball browser would love to learn more. Are the files labeled in a way to determine what goes to what sound or do you have it noteated somewhere? FatPanda if I screw things up I suspect I can just flash the latest update again to bring the old sounds back?

It's been a while since I've played in Pinball Browser. I used Audacity for all of my sound editing. I stuck to the "Audio" tab and I just found groups of call-outs the old fashioned way by clicking on the sound bit and seeing (hearing) what it was. Any notes that I had on what which each on was are long gone now.

It'll be pretty hard to screw things up in your game if you upload something and it doesn't turn out, just reupload the source copy and you should be good to go. Have fun!

#123 2 years ago

This sound mod is really great, thanks very much for it just installed it today!

2 months later
#124 2 years ago

Downloaded and installed. Very cool package. I dig it. Might upgrade my sound system.

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Downloaded and installed. Very cool package. I dig it. Might upgrade my sound system.

Definitely add a sub. I'm running a polk 10" and it sounds great.

2 months later
#126 2 years ago

Wow, thanks FatPanda !!! This sound update makes X-men a game I enjoy playing now. Are there any other games you've done?! I'd update in a heartbeat!

The beast callouts and so many others were just awful and cringeworthy. Now, there's great music (Beast mode classical!? Cut my life into pieces?!) and so much better callouts. I haven't delved into it too far but I can assure you that already... this is monumental!

I'd never updated a sam game and it wasn't difficult at all. Gameroom-guys youtube video made it easy.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Wow, thanks FatPanda !!! This sound update makes X-men a game I enjoy playing now. Are there any other games you've done?! I'd update in a heartbeat!
The beast callouts and so many others were just awful and cringeworthy. Now, there's great music (Beast mode classical!? Cut my life into pieces?!) and so much better callouts. I haven't delved into it too far but I can assure you that already... this is monumental!
I'd never updated a sam game and it wasn't difficult at all. Gameroom-guys youtube video made it easy.

Thanks for the post and it never gets old reading posts like these.

I have not done any other games, so nothing else for you to update. Sorry about that So glad that you're enjoying it, and glad to see that people continue to discover it as they learn about this game. It's always been very underappreciated and has always flown under the radar and I'm glad that my sound package continues to make others enjoy the game more.

If you don't have a subwoofer for this game, I would highly recommend one. Enjoy!

#128 2 years ago

Are the Jean Grey callouts replaced? They sound like she has some kind of weird slurred voice. (I'm not familiar with the original sounds.)

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Are the Jean Grey callouts replaced? They sound like she has some kind of weird slurred voice. (I'm not familiar with the original sounds.)

Yes they are replaced, though they shouldn't be slurred. They are from one of the Marvel Vs Capcom games (I believe MvC3). There is a little bit of clipping on some of her clips, (where it might be a tad bit distorted) but I remember not being able to normalize it and still have them the same volume as the others.

#130 2 years ago

Is the callout gone where she says, I died but I came back better... or something like that? I've only played 2 games so far and will figure it out eventually but I'm sure you know now.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Is the callout gone where she says, I died but I came back better... or something like that? I've only played 2 games so far and will figure it out eventually but I'm sure you know now.

If it was a stock callout, it was replaced. Can't say I'm sure which one you are talking about though and I don't have my game anymore.

#132 2 years ago

Ok I listened to “you’re about to deal with forces you can’t possibly comprehend” here :

Sounds fine, but on my X-Men it sounds like she has a speech impediment — sounds like “forshes”. How does it sound on other machines? Maybe my speakers are shot.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Ok I listened to “you’re about to deal with forces you can’t possibly comprehend” here :
Sounds fine, but on my X-Men it sounds like she has a speech impediment — sounds like “forshes”. How does it sound on other machines? Maybe my speakers are shot.

Some of her tracks were clipping and that was probably one that I couldn't or didn't know how to fix at the time.

6 months later
#134 1 year ago

Sorry to dig this one out of the grave but I just received my X-Men machine and for my surprise it already had this mod.

Only problem I’ve seen, during the bonus at the end of the game, only if it is a match, there is a very loud glitch sound (which scared me on the first couple of occasions… lol)
Like much louder like a whining dog type of sound….

Is this an old release bug that is fixed or anything I should look in my end?

Thanks in advance!

#135 1 year ago

That's Stern's sound, its the same without the fatpanda mix

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Malenko:

That's Stern's sound, its the same without the fatpanda mix

Anything that can be done? Like it’s really loud….

#137 1 year ago

turn off the match and turn off the knocker sound.

#138 1 year ago

That's the knocker making that sound, it will trigger when you get a special or free game. To turn it off go to settings and disable the knocker. You can still keep the match screen on if you like.

#139 1 year ago

Thanks all will have a look in the morning

#140 1 year ago

The audio and voice acting has always been my biggest gripe about the original. Before I even discovered your project I always thought to myself, "Stern should have attained the licensing for the animated series audio." You definitely made this machine even better with this. If I ever buy one of these this will be a day 1 mod.

1 month later
#141 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You download the code and reinstall it as if you were updating the code.
Download the code (XXXXX.bin)
copy it to a USB flash drive (make sure it's the only file on the drive)
Game should be off
Switch dipswitch #8 to ON (top dipswitch, left position)
Insert flash drive (upper right hand corner on the board)
Turn on game
Using the menu buttons inside the coin door, select the code to be installed (you don't need to verify the image)
Once the code has been uploaded, turn off the machine, remove the flash drive, switch dipswitch #8 back to OFF (right position), then turn the game back on

Where is the Zip drive slot? I have an le. Also I assume if you ever want to revert back to the original code you download the code online and do the same process?

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Where is the Zip drive slot? I have an le. Also I assume if you ever want to revert back to the original code you download the code online and do the same process?

It's a USB drive located on the upper right corner of the board. If you want to revert back. Just download and install Stern's original code.

1 month later
#143 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It's a USB drive located on the upper right corner of the board. If you want to revert back. Just download and install Stern's original code.

Just to reiterate we don’t need to be doing anything with pinball browser etc? Just the USB method for putting the new code in? Thanks you rule!

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from Manderko1:

Just to reiterate we don’t need to be doing anything with pinball browser etc? Just the USB method for putting the new code in? Thanks you rule!

That is correct. Just download and update your game.

5 months later
#145 1 year ago

Just installed and the sound rocks! I do kind of miss the Mrs facility but the benefits far out way the 10 plus years of familiarity. FatPanda still adding value after all these years!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-sound-replacement-package/page/3?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.