Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 62 days ago by Hadojae
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

not sure how i missed or forgot about this thread, but ill give it a try over the weekend on my magneto le

#102 1 year ago

It's so much better, love the songs

#103 1 year ago

Love the sound mod. We were trying to figure out all the 80's and 90s rock songs on it, can't place them all.

Do you have a list?

#104 1 year ago

Glad you are enjoying it! They're not all 80s/90s!

Cyclops - Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park
Iceman - Remember the Name - Fort Minor
Phoenix - Shatter Me - Lindsey Sterling
Rogue - Layla - Eric Clapton
Wolverine - Last Resort - Papa Roach
Beast - Symphony 40 - Mozart
Gambit - Cochise - Audioslave

Brotherhood MB - Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold
Hellfire Club MB - Some Epic song by Within Temptation - I can't remember and don't have that song saved
Sabertooth - I Stand Alone - Godsmack
Omega Red - Russian Roulette - 10 Years
Juggernaut - Got the Life - Korn
Shadow King - Mudshovel - Staind

I think that's all of them.

#105 1 year ago

Damnit, I cannot beat this game! Still don’t have a uniform approach to Magneto. And I suck at Weapon X MB too. I’m a decent player. Top score around 300M without finishing the game (This seems good, but I don’t know). Been getting scores in the mid 100Ms regularly lately, usually without Danger Room (gotten there maybe 5 times? Dark Phoenix ONCE. How the hell do you get Dark Phoenix!?) And is there an ultimate Wizard Mode?

Anyone have any good techniques to whip this games ass? I do want to play better, but the MBs are hectic (and can shit down that right orbit shit) and maybe I just suck.

#106 1 year ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Damnit, I cannot beat this game! Still don’t have a uniform approach to Magneto. And I suck at Weapon X MB too. I’m a decent player. Top score around 300M without finishing the game (This seems good, but I don’t know). Been getting scores in the mid 100Ms regularly lately, usually without Danger Room (gotten there maybe 5 times? Dark Phoenix ONCE. How the hell do you get Dark Phoenix!?) And is there an ultimate Wizard Mode?
Anyone have any good techniques to whip this games ass? I do want to play better, but the MBs are hectic (and can shit down that right orbit shit) and maybe I just suck.

You aren't alone buddy. Had this game 7+ years. Been to Danger Room maybe 3-4 times (never getting far into it) and have still never seen Dark Phoenix. Magneto remains a mystery. Weapon X is usually the thing stopping me from Danger Room. I know HOW to finish it...I just rarely do. You probably already know the trick...but just in case not, watch for the arrows at the bottom of the display and shoot the shots on that side of the playfield. That helps you progress through Weapon X much faster. But it still kicks my butt usually, LOL.

Still an amazing, underappreciated, undervalued, underrated game. It kicks my butt and even though I have trouble getting to the wizard modes, it never feels unfair when doing it. Love it.

#107 1 year ago

On Weapon X try to shoot the faster flashing arrows.Less number of hits are required to beat it.
Also try to have The scoop lit for free time or add a ball if needed.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from bballfan:

On Weapon X try to shoot the faster flashing arrows.Less number of hits are required to beat it.
Also try to have The scoop lit for free time or add a ball if needed.

Interesting...never noticed the faster flashing arrows. They must correspond to the arrows on the display. I totally missed that...will be easier to look for than looking up at the DMD!

#109 1 year ago

I’ve played an equal amount with stacking on and off. Finishing the game without stacking must take an entire day.

About EBs:

1) you light one for finishing night crawler. Then I’m not sure.
2) Completing 4 heroes? Or does Wolvie have to be one of them?
3) Completing Magneto and a certain # of villains?

Any others?

#110 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Glad you are enjoying it! They're not all 80s/90s!
Cyclops - Somewhere I Belong - Linkin Park
Iceman - Remember the Name - Fort Minor
Phoenix - Shatter Me - Lindsey Sterling
Rogue - Layla - Eric Clapton
Wolverine - Last Resort - Papa Roach
Beast - Symphony 40 - Mozart
Gambit - Cochise - Audioslave
Brotherhood MB - Bat Country - Avenged Sevenfold
Hellfire Club MB - Some Epic song by Within Temptation - I can't remember and don't have that song saved
Sabertooth - I Stand Alone - Godsmack
Omega Red - Russian Roulette - 10 Years
Juggernaut - Got the Life - Korn
Shadow King - Mudshovel - Staind
I think that's all of them.

Thanks! Sending this to my buddy as some of these we knew but just couldn't place!

6 months later
#111 1 year ago

Very nice addition to a very Under rated game. Magneto LE is back in the fleet. Forgot how much there was to this game.

1 month later
#112 10 months ago

Love the sound package. Occasionally, I get what sounds like static pops during some of the new speech. Did not happen before the down load. Any ideas?

#113 10 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Love the sound package. Occasionally, I get what sounds like static pops during some of the new speech. Did not happen before the down load. Any ideas?

This is the audio clipping from the sound clip that I was using. When I tried to normalized some audio clips, it distorted some parts of the sound wave, and you get that bit of popping. I tried to reduce it as much as I could, but then the sound clip would be super quiet. I'm sure there are ways to clean it up, but I'm not smart enough to know or do it.

#114 10 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This is the audio clipping from the sound clip that I was using. When I tried to normalized some audio clips, it distorted some parts of the sound wave, and you get that bit of popping. I tried to reduce it as much as I could, but then the sound clip would be super quiet. I'm sure there are ways to clean it up, but I'm not smart enough to know or do it.

Ok thanks. I wonder if a pin woofer amp would clean it up.

#115 10 months ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Ok thanks. I wonder if a pin woofer amp would clean it up.

Doubt it. Its the sound clip(audio file) itself not the speakers.

#116 10 months ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Doubt it. Its the sound clip(audio file) itself not the speakers.

Correct. I would have to go back in and see if I could clean it up more. I dont have the sound clips anymore so I would have to source them again and edit them down. The ones I recall that did this were the Pheonix ones. It could be something I revisit at some point, but dont have any plans to.

#117 10 months ago

Do you recall where the "free game" sound is? I need to replace the squashed rubber ducky sound with practically anything else.
I am loving your sound package , it is pretty much everything I wanted to do and more.

#118 10 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Do you recall where the "free game" sound is? I need to replace the squashed rubber ducky sound with practically anything else.
I am loving your sound package , it is pretty much everything I wanted to do and more.

I can't say I know what you're talking about. Are you referring to the Stern "knocker" sound? I do not believe that is accessible via pinball browser.

#119 10 months ago

I guess its the "knocker" sound. It plays when you get a free game via high score or match game. I turned off the match game just to avoid hearing that sound (game is on free play anyway, but I really like the match animation) but I set a GC score and heard it anyway

#120 10 months ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I guess its the "knocker" sound. It plays when you get a free game via high score or match game. I turned off the match game just to avoid hearing that sound (game is on free play anyway, but I really like the match animation) but I set a GC score and heard it anyway

Yeah, I don't know if that is accessible via pinball browser. Likely not since people would have changed it long ago. You can always turn off the knocker sound, which I've done on other games, but still keep the match animation.

8 months later
#121 63 days ago

Fantastic! Got an le like 7 years ago thinking I need to replace this sound bites. Amazing and thank you for sharing, need to explore this a bit, install it and figure out if I can assist in call out updates. I have no idea how to make changes but from the video sounds are on pointe! Thank you!

If you have recommended reading on pinball browser would love to learn more. Are the files labeled in a way to determine what goes to what sound or do you have it noteated somewhere? FatPanda if I screw things up I suspect I can just flash the latest update again to bring the old sounds back?

#122 62 days ago
Quoted from Ninja2bceen:

Fantastic! Got an le like 7 years ago thinking I need to replace this sound bites. Amazing and thank you for sharing, need to explore this a bit, install it and figure out if I can assist in call out updates. I have no idea how to make changes but from the video sounds are on pointe! Thank you!
If you have recommended reading on pinball browser would love to learn more. Are the files labeled in a way to determine what goes to what sound or do you have it noteated somewhere? FatPanda if I screw things up I suspect I can just flash the latest update again to bring the old sounds back?

It's been a while since I've played in Pinball Browser. I used Audacity for all of my sound editing. I stuck to the "Audio" tab and I just found groups of call-outs the old fashioned way by clicking on the sound bit and seeing (hearing) what it was. Any notes that I had on what which each on was are long gone now.

It'll be pretty hard to screw things up in your game if you upload something and it doesn't turn out, just reupload the source copy and you should be good to go. Have fun!

#123 62 days ago

This sound mod is really great, thanks very much for it just installed it today!

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside