Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by HB_GAMER
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

If someone can do a video with the code installed it would be very nice

I can put one up later today.

#52 5 years ago

Also side note, it sounds best with an external subwoofer connected.

#53 5 years ago

Initial post updated with the final version of the sound package

#54 5 years ago

I installed his yesterday and I’m loving it! Rogue’s music especially caught me off guard. This had definitely relit my excitement for this game.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Rogue’s music especially caught me off guard.

In a good way or bad way?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In a good way or bad way?

A good way for sure, very fitting.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

A good way for sure, very fitting.

Glad you enjoy it. I've been playing it a lot lately also (obviously). I tried to make the music fit the character, either by title, by melody/tempo etc. I also tried to edit the music to fit into the time allowances, but to add variances to the track too. There's a lot of cutting/pasting/editing of tracks, but the obvious goal was to make to blend in well where you couldn't tell it was edited.

#58 5 years ago

Awesome job, xmen pro is one of our favs but hate the voice acting. This is awesome man! Great work!

Did you do any other pins?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Awesome job, xmen pro is one of our favs but hate the voice acting. This is awesome man! Great work!
Did you do any other pins?

Thanks for the feedback. I have not done any other games. I've thought about doing SM but just the music. My other Stern is TWD and I have the Cleland code on it.

#60 5 years ago

Thank you !
Great you did it for the PRO as well ... will give it a try tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure, will keep it - from what I've seen so far !

#61 5 years ago

FatPanda props to you big time for doing this.
I know what a challenge it is to take on a sound project like this.
I hope to be able to play an X-Men with your sound package one day. I know it needed help desperately with the audio.

#62 5 years ago

after installing and some games ...
with respect to your work and effort , it's great

for me the mcuzz version it a little bit more atmospheric in terms of the music themes choose - or at least I like the music there more ... but that's just my personal opinion and 2ct

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

fatpanda props to you big time for doing this.
I know what a challenge it is to take on a sound project like this.
I hope to be able to play an X-Men with your sound package one day. I know it needed help desperately with the audio.

Thanks @cleland! You're famous for your TWD mix so I know you know

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Gandalf37j:

after installing and some games ...
with respect to your work and effort , it's great
for me the mcuzz version it a little bit more atmospheric in terms of the music themes choose - or at least I like the music there more ... but that's just my personal opinion and 2ct

Options are a good thing! Glad you found one that suits you.

1 week later
#65 5 years ago

FatPanda thank you for doing this! I just installed the patch and love it. Having Rogue chime in at the end of one of Storms call outs was hilarious!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

fatpanda thank you for doing this! I just installed the patch and love it. Having Rogue chime in at the end of one of Storms call outs was hilarious!

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

#67 5 years ago

This is such a fantastic job - thanks for all the hard work @fatpanda!

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This is such a fantastic job - thanks for all the hard work fatpanda!

You're welcome! Happy that you're liking it.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You're welcome! Happy that you're liking it.

So excited I just found this. Can't wait to install it on my Magneto LE! It sits there kind of sat since it is next to Tron and has serious sound performance envy...

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

So excited I just found this. Can't wait to install it on my Magneto LE! It sits there kind of sat since it is next to Tron and has serious sound performance envy...

For me, it's brought new life to the machine. I hope it gets some extra play time with the new package. It's terribly underrated. If you have a sub, hook it up!

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

For me, it's brought new life to the machine. I hope it gets some extra play time with the new package. It's terribly underrated. If you have a sub, hook it up!

Very cool of you to try to rescue this machine given its... unusual choices for voice work.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Very cool of you to try to rescue this machine given its... unusual choices for voice work.

Thanks! I fondly remember watching the show when I was a kid, it premiered right before the first episode of Power Rangers. Watched it religiously on Saturday mornings over the years growing up, and the fact that the voices in that show pretty much dictated how the characters would sound from very iteration thereafter, it just needed to be done.

Now every time I play the game, I get to enjoy each character how I remembered growing up. And with a 3 yr old son, and introducing him to the XM universe that I grew up with, just makes it all the better. /sappylifestory lol

The game is continuously criticized for it's callouts (much like TWD red-neck guy). Hopefully with the redone sound package, it'll open the game up to people that couldn't get past the less than optimal voice work.

In the future, I'll try to get better source material to work with, as I used only what I could find on Youtube. I may have to find an official DVD or Bluray set and rip audio from those sources to plug into the package, but I think overall the quality turned out alright.

#73 5 years ago

Have you considered using call outs from the many video game versions of the X-men? I'm betting there are plenty of options if you can get a hold of the sound files.

Also, I do have a sub hooked up to the game. Makes it thump

#74 5 years ago

Have you considered using call outs from the many video game versions of the X-men? I'm betting there are plenty of options if you can get a hold of the sound files.
Also, I do have a sub hooked up to the game. Makes it thump

All of Phoenix's call outs are from MvC3 and some of Cyclops's callouts are from MvC2 (I believe). A couple of Gambit's are from another game that I can't remember, so yes I have

#75 5 years ago

Have you considered hiring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen for a custom sound package? Could be epic

#76 5 years ago

Have you considered hiring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Ian McKellen for a custom sound package? Could be epic

I'll volunteer to direct Halle Berry if we can get the kickstarter up high enough to actually pay all these people.

Speaking of funding, I would be willing to send you a little donation for your time that you spend putting this all together once I actually get my Magneto X-men that I am holding out for. Have a potential lead on a wolverine, but I prefer the magneto slightly more. But preferences aren't set in stone.

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:I'll volunteer to direct Halle Berry if we can get the kickstarter up high enough to actually pay all these people.
Speaking of funding, I would be willing to send you a little donation for your time that you spend putting this all together once I actually get my Magneto X-men that I am holding out for. Have a potential lead on a wolverine, but I prefer the magneto slightly more. But preferences aren't set in stone.

I do like the Magneto art package more, but Wolverine looks nice too. I dont think I would hold out if one came before the other.

I read the thread on SMVE callouts...I definitely wont be quitting my day job

The casting was pretty good on Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman. I dont think I would have gone with Ian McKellen for Magneto but he grew on me. Cant wait to see what Disney does with the franchise.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'll volunteer to direct Halle Berry if we can get the kickstarter up high enough to actually pay all these people.

I have a Magneto. I think it is the best option as well

#79 5 years ago

I have a Wolvie LE and agree that Magneto is the better of the two but both are very nice. Jim Lee art is great and the mirrored backglass looks sharp for both.

Also, great job on the sounds.

#80 5 years ago

I have a Wolverine LE and agree, would have preferred the Magneto. That said, Wolvie (especially the backglass) has really grown on me. Looks really good in person.

Just added the sound package and its fantastic. Absolutely awesome work!

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from lmo:

I have a Wolverine LE and agree, would have preferred the Magneto. That said, Wolvie (especially the backglass) has really grown on me. Looks really good in person.
Just added the sound package and its fantastic. Absolutely awesome work!

Thanks! Really appreciate the posts. Glad you're all enjoying it!

#82 5 years ago

So cool thanks for doing this was needed on this title!! Love the pins gameplay and look of all models probably my favorite pin. Real weakness was sound IMO.

I know this will be redundant for most but I’ve been out of the hobby for a good while. Can someone please link a thread that explains how to change audio in game with this sound file?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

So cool thanks for doing this was needed on this title!! Love the pins gameplay and look of all models probably my favorite pin. Real weakness was sound IMO.
I know this will be redundant for most but I’ve been out of the hobby for a good while. Can someone please link a thread that explains how to change audio in game with this sound file?

You basically have to re-update the game with the modified code. It was as-if Stern had a new "code drop."

You download the code I have linked, and upload it to your game as if you were updating a new code.

Game off
In the back box:
Dipswitch 8 to the LEFT
Insert USB drive with only the game code on it (XXXXXX.bin file)
Turn on machine and follow prompts to update code
Turn off machine when update is complete
Dipswitch 8 back to the RIGHT
Remove USB drive
Turn machine back on

Hope that helps

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You basically have to re-update the game with the modified code. It was as-if Stern had a new "code drop."
You download the code I have linked, and upload it to your game as if you were updating a new code.
Game off
In the back box:
Dipswitch 8 to the LEFT
Remove USB drive
Turn machine back on
Hope that helps

Thanks for the breakdown. I think I'm getting one of these on Friday and am looking forward to giving it a go.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Game off
In the back box:
Dipswitch 8 to the LEFT
Remove USB drive
Turn machine back on
Hope that helps

Right on glad it’s so simple thanks for breaking it down for us much appreciated!

#86 5 years ago

It is pretty cool that you have replaced the voices, but have you considered a version that doesn't change the music (except for adding the animated series theme)? I plan to own X-Men again at some point, but given the music included in this I would rather have the original voices and sounds. I don't want to insult your musical taste, but the songs here seem even more out of place than the bad voice acting of the original game.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

It is pretty cool that you have replaced the voices, but have you considered a version that doesn't change the music (except for adding the animated series theme)? I plan to own X-Men again at some point, but given the music included in this I would rather have the original voices and sounds. I don't want to insult your musical taste, but the songs here seem even more out of place than the bad voice acting of the original game.

If there are those that want this, Pinball Browser is easy to pick up and use. Musical taste is personal preference and it's very much easy to export/import the tracks if it's something that you want.

#88 5 years ago

Just got around to putting on your code. Sounds great - thank you!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

Just got around to putting on your code. Sounds great - thank you!

You're welcome!

1 month later
#90 4 years ago

Hey FatPanda. Just updated my magneto LE and even though I got an update failed error 8 it seemed to take. Between the Newton ball mod and your code package this game is freaking amazing now. Thanks for putting the time into it.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Hey FatPanda. Just updated my magneto LE and even though I got an update failed error 8 it seemed to take. Between the Newton ball mod and your code package this game is freaking amazing now. Thanks for putting the time into it.

Thanks for the message! I'm glad you like it. It's one of the games I play the most now and I hope that people continue to discover it. It really does transform the game.

#92 4 years ago

Just installed mine, total game changer, thanks Panda for your efforts! I made a pinside donation in your name, least I could do.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Just installed mine, total game changer, thanks Panda for your efforts! I made a pinside donation in your name, least I could do.

Thank you so much! I'm sure Pinside is appreciative lol. I am too. Much appreciated!

3 weeks later
#94 4 years ago

Just a little update. I tried to insert some Magneto voice clips into the game, but didn't turn out good results. The register of the voice actor on the TV show was too deep, and couldn't stand out from the music and sound effects of the game without the audio clipping. At this point, the stock Magneto callouts will have to suffice, which is a bit disappointing, but at least it's decent compared to the stock Beast and Storm callouts. I had some good callouts ripped too.

3 months later
#95 4 years ago

Absolutely awesome. So much better than the original. Thanks for doing all the work!!

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Jolnhoff:

Absolutely awesome. So much better than the original. Thanks for doing all the work!!

Hey man. Appreciate this post as your first on Pinside!

1 month later
#97 4 years ago

Really digging my X-Men LE again with the new sound package. Makes a great game even better.

The more you get through the modes, the more you really enjoy the new sounds and callouts.

Thanks again

1 month later
#98 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just a little update. I tried to insert some Magneto voice clips into the game, but didn't turn out good results. The register of the voice actor on the TV show was too deep, and couldn't stand out from the music and sound effects of the game without the audio clipping. At this point, the stock Magneto callouts will have to suffice, which is a bit disappointing, but at least it's decent compared to the stock Beast and Storm callouts. I had some good callouts ripped too.

Maybe use some Ian McKellen call outs?

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Maybe use some Ian McKellen call outs?

The VA in the original sound package tried to mimic Ian McKellen, and at that, he did a decent job. Plus some of tha callouts are pinball specific, so no reason to swap him out really.

1 month later
#100 4 years ago

About to load this onto my recently acquired X-Men Pro. It has 1.05 on it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-sound-replacement-package/page/2?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.