• 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by gweempose
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nightcrawler_mod.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago

I'm glad OP started this thread, I've been considering an LE myself. I played this for the first time about 6 months ago and I was shocked at how much fun it was. Is the reason this game gets a bad rap sometimes on the forum only because people played it early on with incomplete code?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Yes...the original code really sucked. And since they only made 550 LE (250 Magneto and 300 Wolverine) games many people have never seen or played them. The last update made a huge difference. Another huge fun difference is adding Orange Hemi's lighting mod to the Nightcrawlers. Stern should have built them with lighting that goes on when they pop up. It makes that much of a difference in the game.

Thanks, good to know! I had the same experience with TWD when it first came out which turned out to also be an amazing game.

Quoted from judremy:

I love my X-Men. One of people's biggest gripes is the Wolverine figure. If you find it annoying, you can get the newton ball from MezelMods. I know I am biased, but I believe it makes this good game into a great one. Just wish there was a 2.0 firmware that fixed the "no reset" issue with the heroes and villains.

Is the issue with Wolverine that it breaks or because it's too big or something else? I've read complaints about it but never knew what specifically the problem is.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Especially on the LE, the Beast shot becomes very difficult. On both the Pro and LE, the paint wears down and the plastic eventually cracks and breaks from ball hits. There is a belt guard MezelMods makes to protect it which only makes it a little wider and also tries to turn Wolverine on the LE to face the magnet.
The newton ball makes the Wolverine target much smaller, the magnet grabs the ball more, the other shots are more fun, and it is closer to the original whitewood before they added a magnet in front of Wolverine. The magnet addition is why they needed to move the newton ball. The newton ball bracket allows both to fit in the small space provided.

Great info, thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Glarrownage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-questions?tu=Glarrownage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.