2012-10-04_22.15.30_(Large).jpg
CIMG1371.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1312.JPG
There are 842 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
#401 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Agree the more time, the better code time to work late and into the weekend guys! good luck!

I don't want a big update or good code. I want a simple score fix. Then I can play the game while they work on a real update. That makes the game unplayable. That fix should have been rushed out with nothing else holding it up.

#402 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here ya go. Not sure how beast and xavier shots were before i did this, but Beast is a tough shot and xavier is a cakewalk.

Wow! I didn't notice those pics earlier.

You Wolverine is probably more than two inches further towards the ramp than mine is! Completely different position. Very strange. My ramp lines up fine with Wolvie in a "normal" position. Does your Wolverine register hits well?

#403 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't want a big update or good code. I want a simple score fix. Then I can play the game while they work on a real update. That makes the game unplayable. That fix should have been rushed out with nothing else holding it up.

I have to completely and strongly agree with this.

The game really is broken at this point. There is no point in playing for points obviously. I mean you can play it to see what the pin does, how the ball moves, check shots, etc., but it not a lot of fun to have a kick ass MB where none of the points count.

#404 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The game really is broken at this point. There is no point in playing for points obviously. I mean you can play it to see what the pin does, how the ball moves, check shots, etc., but it not a lot of fun to have a kick ass MB where none of the points count.

Wow I looked at mine too, yours is way more to the left than mine. Then again it might be the camera angle. Hard to say

#405 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree with you Rob. I have no doubt this will be a fun game when the bugs get ironed out but until the new code is released it's just looks pretty waiting to be played in my collection at this point.

#406 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I agree. Was really looking for scoring to be fixed this week. Hopefully next week.

#407 11 years ago

Fixed my backlight issue! Determined that there was no power to the ballast, so started checking wiring. Found in the bottom cabinet that the connector had come undone. I love the simple fixes! I really like the backglass. I think the art work and lighting are fantastic.

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wow! I didn't notice those pics earlier.
You Wolverine is probably more than two inches further towards the ramp than mine is! Completely different position. Very strange. My ramp lines up fine with Wolvie in a "normal" position. Does your Wolverine register hits well?

Yea. Hits register every time. I'm gonna play w him a bit this weekend and see if there's a better spot but when I set him free about 20% of him blocks the ramp and the ramp gets confused and just stops in the middle.

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. Hits register every time. I'm gonna play w him a bit this weekend and see if there's a better spot but when I set him free about 20% of him blocks the ramp and the ramp gets confused and just stops in the middle.

Hmmm. So what's better, having an XM LE that has the clicking sound in the magnet/spinner but a ramp that works perfectly and doesn't have Wolverine interfere with it, or the opposite?

#410 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hmmm. So what's better, having an XM LE that has the clicking sound in the magnet/spinner but a ramp that works perfectly and doesn't have Wolverine interfere with it, or the opposite?

My ramp issue was a very easy fix. My Magneto spinner has a slight clicking sound in test which I believe is normal. Went to go install a e clip but it would have binded the shaft from spinning and was very tight to install. Very very slight space which is good since there is no friction. Shouldn't bang though. My mag in middle has about 1/4 space as well which sometimes makes that vibrating pulse sound (only when glass is off). Can't hear pulse sound of mag when glass in on and sound in on.

I hope they take their time with the code and have it properly programmed on what his intentions are. As of right now it's that good looking girl in high school you can't get pass 3rd base with!

#411 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for those with the banging disk problem, did you put a shaker motor in which may have helped intensify the issue? Also is the banging noticeable with the glass on?
I just got my XMLE today (yay!) didn't have time to play it til these last couple hours. What I noticed on the disk; with the glass off I heard some sounds coming from the disk but it sounded more like normal mechanical noise than anything. So either mine isn't bad (yet?) or am just not picky?
From talking to RobT, it sounded like a really noticeable noise, and I believe him cause he's one smart dude. but I'm wondering if some ppl have the glass off and are listening for it and any slight noise (like my game) they claim foul play? Anyway, I left mine alone and it plays like a champ (so far). The magnets and spinning disk are awesome.
I only had 2 problems with my XMLE out of the box:
1. Magneto lock had a screw between the coil mechanism just floating around stuck and couldnt find a way out. Have no idea what it goes to. I just removed it, easy fix.
2. Wolverine is badly affecting my ramp; but my wolverine was very loose, I didn't think of seeing if his screws needed tightening, but instead I just mounted his claw into a metal bracket on the left ramp. Now it looks like he's scratching the ramp; would look pretty sweet with a claw mark decal on the ramp where I have his arm. Anyway, so far so good after about 20 games, all hits register and ramp works perfect.

That screw you found in Magneto lock is probably one of the two screws that mount WOlverine! Check behind Wolverine where he mounts should be two scews! Also check to see if ramp goes all the way up to 2nd metal bracket on left ramp. That wolverine claw does not look right and would fix that.

#412 11 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

That screw you found in Magneto lock is probably one of the two screws that mount WOlverine! Check behind Wolverine where he mounts should be two scews! Also check to see if ramp goes all the way up to 2nd metal bracket on left ramp. That wolverine claw does not look right and would fix that.

I think everyone is missing the point that HE put Wolverine's claw on the left ramp. You can see from the pic that he had to strain the figure to do it. I'm suprised it still registers hits, but if it does, the claw is out of the way...and he is happy with it....it seems like he's good to go. Though to me it seems the Beast shot would be even tighter with Wolverine mounted that way.

#413 11 years ago

I have a question about the Iceman ramp. How is everyone adjusting it?

It seemed to have come loose at one point and what I did was send it to it's home position (in coil test) and then align the ramp as it should be on the right and then tighten the allen screw on the top side of the playfield. Then when the ramp went over to the left...it stopped right were it seems it should have.

My real questions is....can you adjust how much travel the ramp has? Or is that predetermined? I noticed under the playfield there were 2 more allen screws on the ramp shaft. What are these for?

#414 11 years ago

Yes my wolverine has both screws. No I didn't have to strain my wolvie to get his claws in the ramp. He was very loose and mobile and got in there just fine. I'm starting to think his screws were loose which is why he moved around so freely. I'll check it out tomorrow night.

#415 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

very little movement in the shaft

... that's what SHE said.

#416 11 years ago

Well my is also sitting as its just not great to play without scoring fixed. I started preventative maintenance with hard as nails coatings around all the hole edges. Guess I'll just keep on putting it down every other day till the code is fixed.

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I started preventative maintenance with hard as nails coatings around all the hole edges

Are you just doing the scoop or all of them? Been wondering if night crawler and spinning disk holes could use it as well, or because balls don't actually go down those holes it isn't critical.

#418 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well my is also sitting as its just not great to play without scoring fixed. I started preventative maintenance with hard as nails coatings around all the hole edges. Guess I'll just keep on putting it down every other day till the code is fixed.

Well you better hope the hole isn't totally closed by then - could be 100 coats for all you know by then

#419 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Well you better hope the hole isn't totally closed by then - could be 100 coats for all you know by then

Don't know why but I found this hilarious.

#420 11 years ago

Super good times turbo updates!

Quoted from _xizor:

Overall things seem good with my table / I'm happy.
But...
1. I have a dead pixel in the DMD and a replacement is on its way.
2. The Spinning disc magnet makes the banging noise due to play in the motor / gear assembly as stated with another pin in the posts.

1. New DMD showed up, works awesome. Starburst in Toronto turned it around super fast.
2. E-Clip installed banging noise gone.
3. Added a flipper fidelity speaker kit. Whoa baby this thing has bass.

Overall, happy with the LE

#421 11 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

1. New DMD showed up, works awesome. Starburst in Toronto turned it around super fast.

Was it a standard DMD or the new LED DMD Stern's using now?

#422 11 years ago

HI xizor/mike still playing with taito x2 stuff I got a viewlix from you years ago on shumps. Hit me up via pm to talk old times.

p.s I think poolchamp finally got hauled of to the big house.

#423 11 years ago

Well, I'm pretty sure my multi-ball starts should not look like this ....

Any ideas? Spinner not spinny enough ...

#424 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

» YouTube video

If you already have an e-clip in there, my guess is it is binding. If you don't have an e-clip in there, call stern and get a replacement motor. Doesn't look like yours has enough power.

#425 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

» YouTube video

That's whack! Does the disc spin freely by hand with the machine turned off? It seems labored and like it is caught on something...untill it released the balls and then it looked like it spun up propperly.

#426 11 years ago

Yup, seems to spin fine by itself, but put some balls on there and it is laboured. Maybe it only happens when magnet engaged?

Quoted from jackal2001:

If you already have an e-clip in there, my guess is it is binding.

No e-clip. Tried that and it wont spin at all.

#427 11 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yup, seems to spin fine by itself, but put some balls on there and it is laboured. Maybe it only happens when magnet engaged?

That droid has a bad motivator or something. Seriously, this is time to replace that motor.

-Wes

#428 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

Seriously, this is time to replace that motor.

Emailed my distributor. Hopefully something gets sent out soon. May fix my clackity-clacking as well?

At least I know that something is wrong. Was starting to wonder how anyone could have thought that was cool

#429 11 years ago

Only problem on mine is that I need to pull way too hard to get the playfield up.

Any tips for making the apron not so tight against the tray for the lockdown bar? There are already scratches in my apron.

#430 11 years ago

So a couple of questions. First, is the Ice Manramp supposed to go back and forth during Magneto multiball? Second often after Mag MB the ramp will just say in the position it's in after mb ends, I'm assuming this is wrong, and it takes a power cycle for it to reset. Anyone else experiencing this with their Ice Man ramp?

#431 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

So a couple of questions. First, is the Ice Manramp supposed to go back and forth during Magneto multiball? Second often after Mag MB the ramp will just say in the position it's in after mb ends, I'm assuming this is wrong, and it takes a power cycle for it to reset. Anyone else experiencing this with their Ice Man ramp?

When the MB starts, the iceman ramp should move to the left and stay there. Then when the MB ends (last ball drains leaving only one ball), the ramp should return to the right position. It may be the case that your switch that notifies the ice ramp which position it is in is not functioning.

#432 11 years ago

That's what I figured I'll take a look at it today. It's really annoying with the way it's functioning currently.

#433 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

That's what I figured I'll take a look at it today. It's really annoying with the way it's functioning currently.

Does it actually go back and forth during MB?

#434 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Only problem on mine is that I need to pull way too hard to get the playfield up.
Any tips for making the apron not so tight against the tray for the lockdown bar? There are already scratches in my apron.

Put some one sided felt sticky tape on the edges of your plalyfield. You can find it online under "felt tape". Get the thinnest you can get in a 1/2 inch width. It will protect the sides of your cabinet for the future.

#435 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Mine's the same way. The playfield/apron hooks are not square with the receiver causing the right side to scrape and get stuck. I don't really see a good way to fix it, it's like the cabinet or playfield itself isn't square. Really annoying, sucks trying to get it out and back in.

#436 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Mine's the same way. The playfield/apron hooks are not square with the receiver causing the right side to scrape and get stuck. I don't really see a good way to fix it, it's like the cabinet or playfield itself isn't square. Really annoying, sucks trying to get it out and back in.

Tight right side / scrapes on my apron too.

#437 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Put some one sided felt sticky tape on the edges of your plalyfield. You can find it online under "felt tape". Get the thinnest you can get in a 1/2 inch width. It will protect the sides of your cabinet for the future.

the sides are fine, it's the front that's tight. I'll try adjusting the hooks.

#438 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

the sides are fine, it's the front that's tight. I'll try adjusting the hooks.

Let us know how that goes.

#439 11 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

it's the front that's tight

Mine was very tight the first few times I lifted the PF, seems to have self adjusted though. Same as every pin now.

#440 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Does it actually go back and forth during MB?

Yeah, but I just looked at it and the Wolverine figure is not letting the ramp come all the over. Guess I'll have to try and adjust it so it's out of the way.

#441 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Yeah, but I just looked at it and the Wolverine figure is not letting the ramp come all the over. Guess I'll have to try and adjust it so it's out of the way.

Yes. I had the same problem. I put wolverines claw into the metal spacer on the left ramp for a few days. Released it last night and it's fine.

#442 11 years ago

I am happy to report that putting the bend in the single E-clip has completely resolved my clicking issue with the magnet/spinner.

#443 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I am happy to report that putting the bend in the single E-clip has completely resolved my clicking issue with the magnet/spinner.

sweet! same here and that's a huge relief!

#444 11 years ago

Ok I made my apron fit much better.

Two ways to adjust it:

1. Take the apron off. Loosen the screws that the two hooks are mounted to (dont take them all the way off) - the mounting hardware for my apron hooks was all the way to the right. I shifted it as far left as it could go and that helped quite a bit.

2. Bend the metal trough for the crossbar. Mine needed to be bent toward the front of the cab to allow for more room between the crossbar trough and the apron. Be very very careful. I did it by hand and used a pair of pliers in a few spots.

It's not perfect now but it's 100 times better.

#445 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Makes sense. The ramp is trying to move to the left position. this is indicated by a switch. When the ramp is blocked by wolverine, the switch is never hit. The software moves the ramp back and forth a few times to retry then gives up assuming the ramp is broken.

It should return it right and give up but I suppose that's not a huge deal.

#446 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Makes sense. The ramp is trying to move to the left position. this is indicated by a switch. When the ramp is blocked by wolverine, the switch is never hit. The software moves the ramp back and forth a few times to retry then gives up assuming the ramp is broken.
It should return it right and give up but I suppose that's not a huge deal.

Where are these switches? I see the manual list them as below the playfield but I never did notice them.

I never did get an answer on if you could adjust how much the ramp moves. I have only adjusted mine by loosening the screw on the top of the playfield. That only seemed to adjust what position it is in....but not how much travel the ramp actually has. Can you adjust how much travel the ramp has? Or adjust it's right AND left posision seperatly.

#447 11 years ago

I haven't looked for the switches but I would bet they are in the motor mechanism area. I can look next time I open up the machine. Typically they are opto type switches with a disk attached to the moving part that covers the optos depending on which position the part is in.

#448 11 years ago

Got Wolvie #248 yesterday. Really liking the game a couple things so far.

- Starting with Magneto multi-ball all the time sucks I want choices at the start. At least make this an option in the settings.

- Why does the magneto spotlight only come on when the coin doors is closed? what is that bulb wired to? and why is it that the only normal bulb in the game? I changed the bulb to an LED and it melted! seriously it melted the bulb. It was a normal LED cointaker super bright white. I put the normal bulb back in, any one had issues with this?

- The blue bulb on the right side above the sling always falls out. I need to adjust it, the rubber bangs right into it.

- Is the blue light above the scoop suppose to flash when villain is ready? Mine does not and bulb is 100% fine

- Wolvie triggers perfect and no issues with my ramp hitting his claws.

- Spinning disc seems fine, but I have to play it more.

- Also when selecting a Villian I feel like I press right/left once and it keeps moving to the next selection with no input? Also how do you make your selection? it should be start maybe?

That is it for now. CAX weekend party @ my house tonight so we will see how she holds up

Mat

#449 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I haven't looked for the switches but I would bet they are in the motor mechanism area. I can look next time I open up the machine. Typically they are opto type switches with a disk attached to the moving part that covers the optos depending on which position the part is in.

There's 2 switches for iceman ramp with a metal rod that goes back and forth hitting each switch. I had the same problem and bent the right switch a little bit so the metal rod would trigger sooner before wolverine cock blocked it. So far so good. Game is awesome btw

#450 11 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

Got Wolvie #248 yesterday. Really liking the game a couple things so far.
- Starting with Magneto multi-ball all the time sucks I want choices at the start. At least make this an option in the settings.

Agreed.

- Why does the magneto spotlight only come on when the coin doors is closed? what is that bulb wired to? and why is it that the only normal bulb in the game? I changed the bulb to an LED and it melted! seriously it melted the bulb. It was a normal LED cointaker super bright white. I put the normal bulb back in, any one had issues with this?

It is a 161 bulb. It is considered a flasher and that is why it gets no power when the door is open and no high power going to the playfield. You can replace it with a 161 LED (which looks very nice) or even a 906 LED flasher if you want to go super bright.

- The blue bulb on the right side above the sling always falls out. I need to adjust it, the rubber bangs right into it.

It sounds like your socket must be crooked. I would look under the playfield and see if you can get it mounted differently. Mine is a good 1/2 inch from the rubber.

- Is the blue light above the scoop suppose to flash when villain is ready? Mine does not and bulb is 100% fine

No...the villian insert lights, but the light above the scoop doesn't alwsy when villian is ready.

- Wolvie triggers perfect and no issues with my ramp hitting his claws.

Congrats on that. I had to wrestle with mine for 3 days to gat it adjusted propperly.

- Spinning disc seems fine, but I have to play it more.

I think my disc / magnet was making the clacking noise from the get-go, but a slightly bent e-clip fixed it.

- Also when selecting a Villian I feel like I press right/left once and it keeps moving to the next selection with no input? Also how do you make your selection? it should be start maybe?

Right flipper scrolls right, left flipper scrolls left. If you stop on Brotherhood or Hellfire and it isn't qualified yet...it will auto scroll off of it after a bit. Both flippers at onece chooses the selected mode on screen.

That is it for now. CAX weekend party @ my house tonight so we will see how she holds up
Mat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 842 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-problems-please-post-them-here/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.