2012-10-04_22.15.30_(Large).jpg
CIMG1371.JPG
IMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1318.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1320.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1312.JPG
There are 842 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.
#251 11 years ago

My Wolverine sometimes doesnt register other than that I think everything has been really good. One problem I have is the PF is a super tight fit into the cabinet to the point you have to give it a tight pull to lift it. I guess no mirror blades in XMEN....anyone else's seems super tight?

I did mylar the shooter lane...should have from the start but after about 50 games it was already chipping. Also put on a piece at Wolverine to avoid possible damage.

#252 11 years ago

mine seems to have room for mirror blades. That's odd. Im not adding blades though unless they make a lower left ramp cover. The ball (only at left orbit highspeeds) ski jumps that ramp into the wood side often. Kinda fun to watch but id rather make the shot intended.

#253 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

mine seems to have room for mirror blades. That's odd. Im not adding blades though unless they make a lower left ramp cover. The ball (only at left orbit highspeeds) ski jumps that ramp into the wood side often. Kinda fun to watch but id rather make the shot intended.

The blades aren't glass. They can take a hit.

#254 11 years ago

I know. Id rather wait though. I would hope that a plastic ramp cover is made for us.

#255 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

My Wolverine sometimes doesnt register other than that I think everything has been really good. One problem I have is the PF is a super tight fit into the cabinet to the point you have to give it a tight pull to lift it. I guess no mirror blades in XMEN....anyone else's seems super tight?
I did mylar the shooter lane...should have from the start but after about 50 games it was already chipping. Also put on a piece at Wolverine to avoid possible damage.

I'm puzzled how people are putting mylar in the shooter lane. Are you talking in the groove as well? I would like to see a picture to fully grasp this.

#256 11 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I'm puzzled how people are putting mylar in the shooter lane. Are you talking in the groove as well? I would like to see a picture to fully grasp this.

+1

From what I understand they just take a slingshot mylar and put it down but I would also like to see some detailed pics (so I can do mine!)

#257 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Tekman said:

I cut a square piece that fits from right out of the ball eject down through the grove and to the other side. I started it right about the notch cut for the switch. If you have a space slingshot mylar around that should work.

Quoted from coasterguy:

mine seems to have room for mirror blades.

damn...I will have to take another look but if just seems super tight but maybe they will fit.

Quoted from coasterguy:

The ball (only at left orbit highspeeds) ski jumps that ramp into the wood side often. Kinda fun to watch but id rather make the shot intended

Haven't had this happen yet, I will have to watch for it.

#258 11 years ago

I replaced the front spacer and screw on the storm ramp with a 1/4" longer one because sometimes the ball would hit the plastic cover end.Now I can make the Beast to Storm combo shot nearly every time if it doesn't fly over the side.

#259 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

+1
From what I understand they just take a slingshot mylar and put it down but I would also like to see some detailed pics (so I can do mine!)

I use self adhesive laminating sheets. After I found a pattern that worked, I just used it for all my other games.

#260 11 years ago

Anyone try a power ball in theirs yet?

#261 11 years ago

Just got an email from Mr. Borg suggesting a 5/16" e ring to take up the slop in the spinner magnet shaft and stop the banging. Or 2 of them if there's room. Seems like a good fix to me.

IMAG0004.JPGIMAG0004.JPG

#263 11 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

I can't get a picture of it....it does not show. I made a paper template for my games first and included the flat area to the left of the shooter lane. Then I cut out the mylar to match it and carefully put it in the shooter lane (including the groove) and over to the flat area of the playfield. For the groove area start at the deep end when you put it down. It will work if you are careful. I saved the template for future games too.

#264 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Just got an email from Mr. Borg suggesting a 5/16" e ring to take up the slop in the spinner magnet shaft and stop the banging. Or 2 of them if there's room. Seems like a good fix to me.

Dammit, all I have is 1/4" e-rings

#265 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I can't get a picture of it....it does not show. I made a paper template for my games first and included the flat area to the left of the shooter lane. Then I cut out the mylar to match it and carefully put it in the shooter lane (including the groove) and over to the flat area of the playfield. For the groove area start at the deep end when you put it down. It will work if you are careful. I saved the template for future games too.

Thanks for explaining the process in detail.

#266 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I know. Id rather wait though. I would hope that a plastic ramp cover is made for us.

Cut some plexiglas yourself

#267 11 years ago
Quoted from Tekman:

Mine came from the factory with a very slight lean to the left which keeps the claw out of the ramp and the ball from getting stuck under the arm. My figure is positioned to where the ice ramp notch is where the claw is positioned when enabled.

I think this might be my next plan of attack. I'll remove Wolvie and melt his back holes so I can give him a tilt. On the bottom mount hole I will have him slid to the right as far as he can go (for maximum Beast lane accessibility) but on the left I will have the plate slid over a bit to give him a gangsta lean. Then I will bend his bracket down as far as I can, but still keep the plastic tab in the rear on the trigger plate.

Hopefully the combo of the tilt and leaning the bracket forward will get the claws off of the ramp.

I'm goin' in! (again)

#268 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I have finally given up on adjusting my Wolverine. He is bent back like he is poppin' a freakin' wheelie.
This is the only way I can get him adjusted to keep his claw out of the ramp and also register hits. I have also melted out his back holes with a soldering iron and slid him as far to the right as I can. I was told to try to bend him forward and get his claw under the ramp, but when I do that......his plate in the back wont even reach the plastic peg to trigger the switch. So switch adjusting does no good in that case.
What a craptastic piece of a custom toy. If they were having it made to their specs....why have his claws sticking out right where the ramp is going to be? Why have a low hanging elbow? Why make his base so fat that a tricky shot through the pops becomes a near impossable shot through the pops? Why put him on a pivot to trigger a peg that triggers a switch? Wouldn't it be better to just put him on a switch?
I may start hammering and prying on him again if I decide to do some arm bending with a heat gun, but I really don't understand how to get his plate in the back to hit the peg that hits the switch unless he is laid back the way I have him. When looking from a players perspective it doesn't looks as bad as the ball point of view picture. It just bothers me that one of the main playfield toys wasn't even working when I got the game and it was up to me to bend, pry and melt to get it working.

You need to get that figure back to original form, with a slight tilt to left will get the hand down to clear the ramp as well as bring the other arm up so you don't have the arm pit ball trap.
Then adjust the switch under the playfield. The switch adjustment takes all of 2 seconds with a slight bend to make it more sensitive. Putting the game in switch test while doing this is perfect. Having that figure back like in your pic is just wrong. Maybe that figure was warped or something and you should get a new one under warranty ?

#269 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

muttonboy said:

Dammit, all I have is 1/4" e-rings

So, I went out and got some 5/16" e-rings and put one in there. Works. F'ing. Awesome. No more banging noise when the magnet activates and spins, no more up and down motion on the disc through the coil test, and it seems just from initial observations that the magnet is a little bit stronger now (holds the balls a bit better on Magneto mult-ball release), but don't hold me to it.

I am now the proud owner of a 100% working Wolvie LE, and am very happy.

#271 11 years ago

An update on adjusting my Wolverine from his "poppin' a wheelie" postition I had him in. I took him off and pulled his support rod forward as far as I could and still leaving the plastic peg in the back close to touching it (very close. a slice of paper would barely fit between them). Then I remounted Wolvie. I had already melted the holes in his back to allow me to move him around a bit on the bracket when the screws are loose. I actually slid him as far as I could to the rights (to allow maximum room between his base and the scoop hole). How far he slides over to the right is actually dictated more by the hole in his base that the mounting holes in the back, but the rectangle mounting plate is just about slid over as far as it could go anyway.

Then I went into the coil test to swing the ramp over to see how much I needed to tilt him. The ramp come over and missed him by about 1/4". The claws are not pointed over the ramp or under the ramp. They are pointed right at it and the ramp still doesn't touch when it comes over or on it's little bump forward on it's return trip. The ramp is also adjusted properly for a nice smooth drop off on both the left and right side.

So I guess he is finally adjusted. The left orbit shot (including Gambit hurry up) is possable but still a very tough shot. Xavier can still be hit fine (Wolvie isn't slid to far right). Wolverine always gets triggered when hit, but isn't so sensative that the Nightcrawlers thumping down at the begining of the game set him off (which I did have him that sensative for awhile). He's good to go.....but still fatter than he should be.

#272 11 years ago

So I just got my Magneto today . I put about 20 games on when the Wolverine magnet locked on to the ball and wouldn't release it then the Nightcrawlers came up and won't go down. I open the backbox and the F7 fuse blew. I called stern and the transistor on the 8 transistor board blew. All I got was about 20 games on it.

#273 11 years ago

dugfreez

Glad everything will be all sorted by the time mine ships.. Still no ship announcement for mine

#274 11 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

So I just got my Magneto today . I put about 20 games on when the Wolverine magnet locked on to the ball and wouldn't release it then the Nightcrawlers came up and won't go down. I open the backbox and the F7 fuse blew. I called stern and the transistor on the 8 transistor board blew. All I got was about 20 games on it.

Gah. Sorry

Do you know what caused the blowout in the first place?

#275 11 years ago

Wonder if home depot caries those e rings. Borg was supposedly sending me another disc assembly. Going to wait on that.

#276 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Wonder if home depot caries those e rings

yes TA_50380_1.jpgTA_50380_1.jpg

#277 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Wonder if home depot caries those e rings. Borg was supposedly sending me another disc assembly. Going to wait on that.

That's where I got mine.

#278 11 years ago

Is anyone else getting phantom insert flashing? My villain insert likes to randomly flash (when it isn't supposed to)...as does the left outline special, and Wolverine insert/red arrow.

Seems like some kind of interference, or something. Maybe how the wires are being run through the harness, or something. (Didn't Tron have a similar issue?)

Just checking to see if I'm the only one.

Pete

#279 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Is anyone else getting phantom insert flashing? My villain insert likes to randomly flash (when it isn't supposed to)...as does the left outline special, and Wolverine insert/red arrow.
Seems like some kind of interference, or something. Maybe how the wires are being run through the harness, or something. (Didn't Tron have a similar issue?)
Pete

Yes, lots of Trons had that same issue, but I thought it had something to do with the fiber optics interfering?

#280 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Pete

My scoop "villain", and right outside "special when lit" ghost as well sometimes a "blackbird launch" inlane at times.

#281 11 years ago

The fix for tron was to cut the zip ties on some of the wire harnesses.

#282 11 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

You must have had a smokin' good game!

Sorry to hear that... good thing that Stern has good customer support.

#283 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

My scoop "villain", and right outside "special when lit" ghost as well sometimes a "blackbird launch" inlane at times.

I was wondering if you can go into the light test and get them to ghost? I know on most games that have ghosting I can cycle through the single bulb and see when other bulbs (that are not supposed to be lit) ghost.

If you can and you do discover these ghosting in the tests....let us know an example (which bulb are you selecting in the test to be lit and which one is ghosting during it's test).

On an unrelated note...I have still yet to hear from anyone having 1.0 software. Did they all ship with 1.1?

#284 11 years ago

Here are the gears of the spinning magnet someone asked me to post. I did the best I could with my camera. Hope this helps.

IMG_0657.JPGIMG_0657.JPG IMG_0658.JPGIMG_0658.JPG IMG_0659.JPGIMG_0659.JPG

#285 11 years ago

tatman said his was 1.0 unless he was mistaken.

#286 11 years ago

I have finally given up on adjusting my Wolverine. He is bent back like he is poppin' a freakin' wheelie.

Almost looks like Magneto in the background is saying " Hey wolverine hold on there a second bub' you're getting in the way"

DSC03728.JPGDSC03728.JPG

#287 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Here are the gears of the spinning magnet

I am surprised that the gears are all opened like that and it's not closed. I hate motors with gear boxes, I always fear a gear will break and I wont be able to replace it. Please Judge Dredd motor don't every die!

#288 11 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I have, I am honestly stumped, it will not hold the ball behind the posts for any "lock", neither the first one or the 2nd go around when the "lock" functions are lit. Everythig mechanically that I can see is working fine, it just will not hold a ball behind the Magneto lock posts no matter what it,always just releases the ball back out.

Try in the game feature setting. I had a similar issue with my le transformers. Ball keeped kicking out the cannon after lock. Then no 4 ball blast on multiball. I found a setting in the game features and it fixed it!

#289 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Cut some plexiglas yourself

For $6,500 we shouldn't have to do anything but a couple tweaks. Though I am happy for the most part.

#290 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

For $6,500 we shouldn't have to do anything but a couple tweaks. Though I am happy for the most part.

Nonsense. For $6500 you should get a good game that you enjoy. You may have to do small things to *any* pinball machine to make it better. The game is fine and does not need ramp covers. But if you want one, its extremely fast, easy, and cheap to get some Plexiglas and cut it yourself. Taking the idea that you won't do that because you paid $6500 and shouldn't have to is absolutely silly.

#291 11 years ago

Thanks for that! We pay the manufacturer top dollar for design and product. My new car has an issue and they fix it. Why should we have to make new games play better out of the box? Tweaks yes. Adjustments yes. IMO a cover on that ramp to prevent air balls should be there. I'm a huge supporter of stern. I'm happy with my purchase and i'm not complaining. Just sayin'

#292 11 years ago

For the record I don't think the occasional air all in pinball is bad. Just don't like it off that ramp during a combo is all.

#293 11 years ago

I understand. But I haven't had any airballs so I'm not convinced there's a design issue here. In either case, it's an easy enough fix. I'd rather fix my own stuff than rely on someone else to do it, if I can. I've seen your skills. You can do it as well as I can

#294 11 years ago

If anyone is having any funkyness from the lock (balls going missing, Magneto releasing balls when he shouldn't, ect...) I have a suggestion for something to test.

Go into the setting. Go to the coil test. Make sure you have th high power to the playfield and go to the coil to pop up the pins that lock the balls in the lock.

Now disable the high power to the playfield. Go into the switch test. Roll a ball through the Rouge lane to the lock. Notice what the rollover swich is in the lock. Now flick the ball back into the lock like a captive ball hit. Do this a few times and make sure the roller switch is showing as active everytime the ball comes to rest against the pins.

I had a funky bahaving lock. All of the optos and rollover checked out when activated in test mode. The issue with me was the rollover would get activated when I locked the first ball, but as soon an another ball locked in behind it....it would push the 1st ball forward just the slightest bit so the ball was no longer triggering the rollover switch. I fixed this by doing a little bend work on the rollover wire. I then retested as I described before and the little wire adjustment fixed the issue.

It was an easy problem to miss because in the test the switch worked 100% when I triggered it with my finger and just rolling a ball over it. The issue didn't make itself apairant until I tested with the lock pins up.

#295 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I understand. But I haven't had any airballs so I'm not convinced there's a design issue here. In either case, it's an easy enough fix. I'd rather fix my own stuff than rely on someone else to do it, if I can. I've seen your skills. You can do it as well as I can

turn the pin on and take the backglass off. look at your pf at an angle and try to get the glare from the light in the backbox. tell me or take a pic of your pf to the right side of wolverine and see if you have dimples. bet you do.

#296 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

turn the pin on and take the backglass off. look at your pf at an angle and try to get the glare from the light in the backbox. tell me or take a pic of your pf to the right side of wolverine and see if you have dimples. bet you do.

Really?? You have to do all of that to see a dimple and its an issue.

#297 11 years ago

I've got plenty of dimples. Wolverine magnet is really banged up already. I lowered it early on as it was a touch high, but it still is getting chewed up. Tried putting a mylar circle on it but it got destroyed immediately. Cut the center out of the mylar and the outside part is doing well.

I also have shooter lane damage already, like the paint didn't stick to the wood, so when the ball dented the wood down the paint bubbled up like mylar would. On the inside the bubble dried out finally and flaked off ~3/4", still have a small bubble on the other side ~1/2". Once it dries and flakes off I'll add some hard-as-nails and maybe maylar, and a cliffy.

Not too worried about any of it though, metal ball banging around it's going to happen. My 2005 LOTR dimpled up pretty good right off the bat, and even my STTNG shows some dimpling. No where near the same of course, but it is there.

I didn't have an e ring, but put a snap ring on the magnet shaft and it is better. But I also installed a shaker last night so who knows! Snap rings aren't as smooth, but I buffed it a little and added a touch of oil. Probably change it out for a real e ring at some point.

#298 11 years ago

Got mine, Put on cliffy shooter lane protector ASAP - same one that works on AC/DC works on X-men, then waxed

Issues

Ice Man Ramp - needed adjusting

LED on scoop fell into trough

Night Crawler pop ups - Have large clearance gap up front. Concerned about future wear.

Spinner - makes horrible noises - PLEASE POST A FIX WITH PICS IF AN AN E RING WILL DO THE TRICK

CODE - HA! This is a joke. Nightcrawler mode caused my machine to go ape s_it! IT was horrible and went into tech menu then just dots upper left of game. This code is very sad at its current state. Plus you cannot get into the X-men features menu. My version is 1.1

IMG_0608[1].JPGIMG_0608[1].JPG

#299 11 years ago

jackel2001 Yes I have v 1.0

P1020169.JPGP1020169.JPG

#300 11 years ago

Well, I am now going to wait on buying XMEN as I don't have the technical expertise to fix all these kind of issues and I naively thought buying a NIB would be relatively hassle free. I know it is for some but seems a lottery right now.

Hopefully most of these issues will be fixed by new code etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 842 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-problems-please-post-them-here/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.