Topic poll

“X-Men LE or Funhouse?”

• X-Men LE 73 votes
    70%
  • Funhouse 31 votes
    30%

(104 votes)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

Oh baby... Had X-Men LE. Just got a Funhouse recently.

I really like X-Men. It's packed with features. 2 voices are plain awful (Beast and Storm). Great combos. Made it to Dark Phoenix 3 times. Great wizard mode, albeit a little confusing. Very forgiving pin. Tough to beat wizard mode, but I thought it was kind of easy to get there.

Funhouse is obviously simpler, but iconic. To me, it put pinball "on the map". It's accessible to everyone. If the playfield particularly is in great shape, I'd take FH any day. Simpler code but still, the first game after I bought it, I got GC score and haven't sniffed it since.

X-Men is tougher to move. No one will walk in and say "wow you have an X-Men?" But code for X-Men is leaps and bounds deeper than FH code. I really like both games. Condition would be a factor for me, IF you plan on keeping them "forever" (that's in quotes on purpose, of course).

X-Men though doesn't have "deep code." It's more like "a bunch of stuff you have to do" code. Modes aren't deep. You're still trying to start something, and hit 3 shots max, except for the multi ball. You can try to stack a multi ball, but I don't think it's necessary. Wolverine is the toughest. Just a lot of work if you don't finish it the 1st 2 times or so.

I really enjoyed X-Men. You can stack and pair modes like LOTR or SM. Looking at your collection, I'd rather have SM Black than X-Men. They're kinda sorta similar. If you want code/modes/combos/features, it's X-Men.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 59.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside