Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Skulz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just purchased X-Men L.E. I am learning about Stacking modes/Muti-balls but need more practice. My question is how are you X-Men owners setting up your Feature Adjustments. In New code there are options That are all set to No/off by factory default. I called and asked STERN TECH Support about feature adjustment and they did not have an answer for me. So am asking Pinside Pinheads. This is what I have turned On /enabled. Feature # 8. I enabled X-Men stackable modes. Feature # 9 I enabled X-Men+ Villains stack. # 10 is confusing to me .Worded like feature #9 but in reverse . Feature # 10 I enabled Villain + X-Men stack. The next feature I left at factory default No/off.# 11 off Mystery progression to NC mode. What does it mean and should I turn ON Feature # 11. Hope to get some clear answers and maybe a short explanation as to what Feature you enabled and why. I hope to understand Stacking and setting my machine for best game play. Thanks for your input. Rob

#2 10 years ago

X-men stackable: means you can start X-men Hero modes on top of one another. I keep that off, as it can REALLY Become a cluster-F and can make things a flail-fest.

X-men+villains: means you can start a villain mode while already actively in a Hero mode. This is on in mine.

Villains+Hero: means that you can start a hero mode while already in a villain mode. Again, I have this set as ON.

Villain and hero mode stacking both ways is great and adds depth, while hero modes stacking on themselves just makes things waaaaay too chaotic to me

#3 10 years ago

I also turned the coil strength down one notch. It seemed to me like the default setting on v1.24 was really strong on the slings and was wreaking havoc. Tuning down the coil strength made things much more enjoyable.....for me, at least.

#4 10 years ago

I have everything factory on all my games. Except "free play" and "reset high scores"

No point changing anything in my opinion ... Play it as it was designed to be played.

rd.

#5 10 years ago

I'd leave most everything factory, maybe lengthen timers on all villains. Might as well set Brotherhood and Hellfire qualifying to easy or extra easy too imo.

I lengthen timer for Pheonix mode as I run out of time on her a lot for some reason. wish I could raise Iceman's but raising it seems to make the ramp move more often to me.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have everything factory on all my games. Except "free play" and "reset high scores"

No point changing anything in my opinion ... Play it as it was designed to be played.

rd.

I agree with you for the most point. I do the same on my pinball setting. For example SM has serious Stacking rule sheet. CV. MB. all have stacking built in to rules. You do not need to enable the rule set manually in those games to utilize stacking strategy in game play . I believe that John Borg and his software team want X-Men to have some if not all of these stacking features to be utilized. That is why I call STERN but John Borg was in a meeting and the Tech Staff had no clue to these settings and why they are default off. I am not sure why they are turn Off . Just my opinion. Thanks for your feed back rotordave

#7 10 years ago

Still would like some feed back . I am still learning about Strategy in the art of stacking for maximum point/ game progression. X-Men is hard and if these settings are helpful to progress to the wizard mode something I most likely will never see. I could use all the strategy/ help indeed.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

You don't change the setting to allow 10 letters to be type in instead on 3 on the high score board? That's a must!

Quoted from RobKnapp:# 11 off Mystery progression to NC mode.

I still don't know what that one is myself.

As for just about any other setting (especially hero + hero stacking....uck) I would leave at factory. Tweaking with the mode timers is pretty self explanatory. I haven't messed with the Brotherhood and Hellfire start difficulty, but something in my gut tells me that it doesn't do anything. It might make them few hits to the targets to qualify the second time around...that's my guess.

#9 10 years ago

Same here....set to free play and go

Quoted from rotordave:

rd.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You don't change the setting to allow 10 letters to be type in instead on 3 on the high score board? That's a must!

Nope. I have all the high scores. RD is two letters.

Even on a "10 digit display" .... I still put in RD.

Everyone knows who RD is ... No need to expand on that

rd.

#11 10 years ago

I like the hero + villains and villains + Heros to on, but only want one hero going at a time. I thought Nightcrawler Mystery On meant the scoop could start NC? I turned it off as he pops up plenty as it is. I haven't messed with any timers now that the villains have progression.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

I also turned the coil strength down one notch. It seemed to me like the default setting on v1.24 was really strong on the slings and was wreaking havoc. Tuning down the coil strength made things much more enjoyable.....for me, at least.

Excellent suggestion. I concur and did the same for same reason.

#13 10 years ago

Oh yeah, I did the same thing at another's suggestion on here. It does seem to play better this way.

#14 10 years ago

I set all stacking on. All heroes to hard to start. Have only put a few games on so far, so cannot give a good response or not if the heroes stacking is too much or not. With heroes set to hard, it does not seem too much, but again only a few games played and too small of a sample to get a good feel. The reason I did heroes was because of reading about progression frustration like needing storm, so shooting cyclops to get upper right flipper but that initiates cyclops when you really only want storm (or rogue).

Reduced difficulty of brotherhood and hellfire to easy, but will increase difficulty next time around. Either easy or very easy is too few hits for first time for me for sure even with only a few games played it was very noticeably too easy. This setting may need adjusted though depending on how you choose to have other stacking setup. I think you can only get hits when not in a mode, so mileage may vary.

I will say that I personally do not like when only 1 hero is lit and none of the other shots advance towards anything hero related. I like that I can change the rules in setup though to address my preferences and really like how the code has progressed. It is just very unfortunate how the journey started where I was disgusted with the code and refused to play it for several months.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

I was disgusted with the code and refused to play it for several months.

What disgusted you with the code? For me it was the broken hero stacking. I haven't checked in 1.24, but I still imagine it is a busted mess.

Quoted from Skulz:

The reason I did heroes was because of reading about progression frustration like needing storm, so shooting cyclops to get upper right flipper but that initiates cyclops when you really only want storm (or rogue).

I think the posts you read about people getting frustrated by one hero blocking another is caused by you having to re-play beat heroes. This is helped a bit by the game making you hit more shots to re-start a beat mode. EX: If you have Cyclops beat (lit solid) it automatically takes more shots to re-start him than it does to start him when he hasn't been beat. That being said...what really NEEDS to be done is to have an option to not re-play beat heroes. It is useless as far as game progression goes and only gets in the way of qualifying and beating un-beat heroes.

The only option I am thinking about changing is to make the heroes start easier (but not stacked). I had no problem with the 1.23 code having 1 shot to start each hero (as long as they aren't stacked all over each other). What I haven't checked and suspect will happen is it will also make the heroes easier to re-start after you have beat them....and would completely defeat the purpose of changing anything.

Take out (or add an option) to not replay beat heroes until after Danger Room. That would solve a big chunk of the issues people have with progressing through the heroes.

#16 10 years ago

The disgusted part for me was out of the box code day 1 and then the 'failures' after that. Takes a lot longer to make me happy after I get upset. I am pleased with the recent two updates though.

I agree, if you did not have to replay beaten heroes it would change things for progression and change the way I would setup options/stacks. I like having hero start set to hard, but have not played enough to see how hero stacking is for me personally. I played an xmen in league (Bannon's game) for 1 game and it did not have hero stacking on it. I did not enjoy that type of linear shot progression as much. A short sampling of games though for what it is worth.

I like how most heroes are so few hits to complete say compared to avengers. I also have avengers hero start set to hard I think, but hitting the same bw shot 10 times (etc etc) to complete is a boring endeavor.

Anyways, just responding with how I have my stuff setup and my thoughts so far on the few games I've played. It is cool to be able to make these changes, but I would rather only tweak difficulty settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-feature-adjustments-124-how-are-you-setting-your-x-men and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.