(Topic ID: 43497)

X-Men (LE 1.24) (Pro 1.5) software comment, vent, suggestion thread.

By DugFreez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JackSlater
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Danger-251x300.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brannonrad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#368 11 years ago

I realize this is a "rookie" question, but how do you light the "Villain" light? Is it just completing the blackbird rollovers after "blackbird" is already lit...?

Thanks,

Brannon

#373 11 years ago

Thanks Dug, that is an excellent strategy! Now that I think about it, I have noticed the Villain light illuminates after hitting a qualified HF or BH target! I will take advantage of that for sure.

Got any more playing strategy tips?

I am impressed with the "Xavier" mode. I wonder how many mutant possibilities there are? It was fun to figure out the strategy without any help on that one.

- Start Xavier mode by hitting his last qualifying shot (I love the left-to-right search pattern using the playfield lights!) "I've discovered a new mutant..."
- If you know which mutant is silhouetted, go for that shot. If not, don't waste time and hit Xavier again where he gives a "clue" by flashing the required shot.
- Hit required shot. I love that sometimes the required shot is a HF or BH target - that makes sense! And I really love that it tells you the NAME of the mutant and shows his/her picture.

Which brings me back to... I wonder how many mutant possibilities there are?!

Brilliant mode! Please correct me if I have it wrong, or let me know if there is even more to it!

#375 11 years ago

If you don't know what to shoot (based on your recognizing the character's silhouette), you just have to shoot Xavier again and he will show you what shot to hit ("I'm sending you the coordinates now").

I am not sure, but now that you've discovered it, I assume that Colossus' shot will always be assigned to Phoenix's shot. I'm thinking the more you play this mode, the quicker you will be able to finish it because you will remember what shot finishes the silhouette.

It *could* be that there is a random factor, but I don't think so.

#379 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I really wish they wouldn't have had any of the main characters as possible mutants in Xavier mode. There are hundreds of mutants that they could have picked from. I think using main characters of the game on the mutant hunt is very....blah. So I have already beat Wolverine's mode...yet I am just discovering him??? Makes no sense.

Excellent point, I agree. Let's hope Stern agrees as well and updates this mode accordingly!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brannonrad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-124-pro-15-software-comment-vent-suggestion-thread?tu=brannonrad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.