(Topic ID: 43497)

X-Men (LE 1.24) (Pro 1.5) software comment, vent, suggestion thread.

By DugFreez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JackSlater
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Danger-251x300.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 11 years ago

My wish list for the next version:

1. Pause countdowns when balls is in the pops.

2. Prioritize animations. Pop (Gambit) animations lowest. Worst is Xavier doesn't show the mutant silhouette when any other mode is already running.

3. Wolverine mode is still missing (see audit for proof).

4. Combos needed. I like the idea of the combos being named after other X-Men like how the skill shots are.

5. Where is Deadpool (other than the cab art)?

6. Where did the callouts go when you make a shot towards starting a hero?

7. Remove the text screens after hitting a BH or HF target. Backs up the DMD too much.

Question for others about Cyclops mode:
It seems when you finish Cyclops by shooting the Storm ramp, he says bullseye vs missing it he says he missed it. Wolverine also seems to compliment Cyclops (calls him Summers) when you make the ramp. Is this how to beat Cyclops mode with the most points?

#402 11 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

It seems when you finish Cyclops by shooting the Storm ramp, he says bullseye vs missing it he says he missed it. Wolverine also seems to compliment Cyclops (calls him Summers) when you make the ramp. Is this how to beat Cyclops mode with the most points?

That may be the case, but Wolverine also says that "Sometimes Summers, I remember why you are in charge" when you drain and fail the mode (BUG!).

#403 11 years ago

Don't know if this is a bug, one time I started Xavier and was completed without making a shot. Has this happened to anyone else?

#404 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

My thought for Deadpool, is that you have to defeat Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Magneto (in any order). Then it auto goes into Deadpool mode. Sort of a hidden mode where you have to beat characters that do not have lit inserts.

What you have to think about in suggestions like this is....how would Deadpool mode start / run. I mean if it start right after beating Gambit hurry up or Nightcrwaler...anything else could be running at that time. You could have a hero and a villain running, complete Gambit and now Deadpool. Are you even going to be able to tell Deadpool mode is running at that point or what you are doing or supposed to do?

That's why after a Mags super seem like the best time to me. You can have other things running during Mags multiball, but you can't start modes while in Mags multiball. By the time you get to a Mags super jackpot....Mags should be the only thing running. Any other modes that were running should be timed out or completed by then. When you drain down to 1 ball after the Mags super it's a clean slate. Nothing else would be running. A perfect time for Deadpool mode. The same could be said for after you beat Danger in Danger Room mode. Another "clean slate" opportunity to start Deadpool mode.

Hell, kill the flippers and give us a cool smart arsed intro before serving up the ball to start Deadpool mode. Have some fun with it. I fell like if 1 or 2 other modes are running during Deadpool mode....it wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable as it should be.

Besides not being a nice time to start the mode (right after Nightcrwaler or Gambit)...I think having 3 "untrackable" requirements to start Deadpool mode would be a mistake. I also think getting a Gambit hurry-up, a Mags super and beating Nightcrawler is pretty tough (too tough). Not so much the Nightcrwaler as the Gambit and Mags super in the same game. I rarely get a Gambit hurry up...and enjoy it when I do, but I would really hate it to be any kind of requirement. I like Nightcrwaler and Gambit for what they are now...tiny bonus modes that have instant rewards if completed.

#405 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don't know if this is a bug, one time I started Xavier and was completed without making a shot. Has this happened to anyone else?

Never had that happen.

Do you ever have an Xavier shot trigger as a Storm shot? That is the only explanation I could come up with. If you Storm switch is to sensitive and her shot was the mutant it would count the switch hit after the VUK kicked it up as hitting the switch and finding the mutant.

OR

I have had lefty Nightcrawler pop up a couple of times in Rogue mode and automatically count as him being hit. If that happened in Xavier mode and he was the mutant that would be an instant win also.

#406 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Actually no, I did terribly on Danger Room this time around. I usually get pretty far in it, and have beaten it in the past, I think? Made the chick appear and then hit lit shots forever, but they keep relighting every so often. I never figured out any rhyme or reason.

Then no....you haven't beat Danger Room. Keep in mind I have done all of this research with the glass off. You have to keep hitting those shots FOREVER. I really wish Danger had a health bar. Anyway....eventually you beat her and it has a cut scene much like the other villain modes after you beat them.

It is a fun mode. I played it a couple times after cheating to get there, but it seems overly long on the last section of the mode (when you are actually fighting Danger). As I said, a health bar would be very nice so you don't feel like you are running in place and see you are actually making progress.

#407 11 years ago

Pro Version: Getting the extra ball on Night Crawler is near impossible! It requires that you hit and complete four ramps during his mode. I have only done it once out of about 30 tries. I would suggest two ramps to complete NC for pro models. Any other pro owners agree?

#408 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Pro Version: Getting the extra ball on Night Crawler is near impossible! It requires that you hit and complete four ramps during his mode. I have only done it once out of about 30 tries. I would suggest two ramps to complete NC for pro models. Any other pro owners agree?

Definitely a setting that needs to be different between Pro and LE. Nightcrawler is MUCH easier to get on the LE than the Pro. I would say two ramps default with setting. Even starting out with one would be fine, then two when you challenge him a second time, etc.

#409 11 years ago

I was wondering how this worked on the Pro. So do the Nightcrawler inserts alternate and you have to hit that ramp when that Nightcrawler is lit? Or just any 4 ramp shots? Either way sounds pretty tough.

To be honest, when I am trying to hit Nightcrawler on the LE...I basically shoot them as if I was trying to make a Xavier shot for the left one and an Iceman ramp for the right one. Pretty much the same shots except you can do them sloppier since you don't actually have to make it up a ramp or directly in a shot. The right flipper can hit either NC and I have even hit the left NC with my left flipper a couple of times. Having a Storm ramp shot as a Nightcrawler shot on the Pro seems like a big change. The Xavier shot would simulate his location from the LE much better.

#410 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I was wondering how this worked on the Pro. So do the Nightcrawler inserts alternate and you have to hit that ramp when that Nightcrawler is lit? Or just any 4 ramp shots? Either way sounds pretty tough.
To be honest, when I am trying to hit Nightcrawler on the LE...I basically shoot them as if I was trying to make a Xavier shot for the left one and an Iceman ramp for the right one. Pretty much the same shots except you can do them sloppier since you don't actually have to make it up a ramp or directly in a shot. The right flipper can hit either NC and I have even hit the left NC with my left flipper a couple of times. Having a Storm ramp shot as a Nightcrawler shot on the Pro seems like a big change. The Xavier shot would simulate his location from the LE much better.

Yup - NC (represented by a NC lamp) jumps from the Iceman ramp to the Storm ramp randomly. So you have to complete whichever ramp he currently occupies - four times in (default) 30 seconds.

#411 11 years ago

Definitely agree with this. I've yet to get an extra ball from NC on my pro.

--Luke

#412 11 years ago

Yup - NC (represented by a NC lamp) jumps from the Iceman ramp to the Storm ramp randomly. So you have to complete whichever ramp he currently occupies - four times in (default) 30 seconds.

Yeah...that sounds pretty crazy.

Iceman ramp and Xavier shot would be easier and make more sense compared to the LE. It would also be a fun and doable combo. It would be a bit harder than the LE because the shots would actually have to be made (up the ramp or in the Xavier shot), yet it would have the advantage of getting the ball returned to a flipper when one of the shots is made and not have to worry about getting control of the ball again like you do on the LE.

Having it as a Storm ramp shot just seems ludicrous...especially if 4 shots are needed. They should at least count the Storm ramp shot as 2 Nightcrawler hits.

#413 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah...that sounds pretty crazy.
Iceman ramp and Xavier shot would be easier and make more sense compared to the LE. It would also be a fun and doable combo. It would be a bit harder than the LE because the shots would actually have to be made (up the ramp or in the Xavier shot), yet it would have the advantage of getting the ball returned to a flipper when one of the shots is made and not have to worry about getting control of the ball again like you do on the LE.
Having it as a Storm ramp shot just seems ludicrous...especially if 4 shots are needed. They should at least count the Storm ramp shot as 2 Nightcrawler hits.

It's so easy though. Just shoot Iceman ramp, then thru the pops to the upper flipper then Storm and repeat. /sarcasm

#414 11 years ago

I have a PRO and was able to get extra ball from NC on default (4) one time, and I tried many times. The way I did it was hit iceman ramp when NC was lit, then, take the return, hit some stuff to wait for NC to move back to iceman and hit it again. I barely had enough time to get 4 iceman ramps with the NC hopping back and forth, but it is possible. Its one of those things that you have focus on or forget it, never happen.

Now that I say it, I probably will never be able to do it again

Quoted from judremy:

It's so easy though. Just shoot Iceman ramp, then thru the pops to the upper flipper then Storm and repeat. /sarcasm

#415 11 years ago

At the very least NC should register a hit at Xavier as well on the Pro's since the ball travels right over his lamp.

#416 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I have a PRO and was able to get extra ball from NC on default (4) one time, and I tried many times. The way I did it was hit iceman ramp when NC was lit, then, take the return, hit some stuff to wait for NC to move back to iceman and hit it again. I barely had enough time to get 4 iceman ramps with the NC hopping back and forth, but it is possible. Its one of those things that you have focus on or forget it, never happen.
Now that I say it, I probably will never be able to do it again

Oh sure, if you want to do it the SUPER easy way...

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

At the very least NC should register a hit at Xavier as well on the Pro's since the ball travels right over his lamp.

I'm pretty sure the Xavier shot counts towards NC on the pro.

--Luke

#418 11 years ago

I have not got to see NC since the update on my pro. I used to see it all the time before the update.

It is hit what ramp was lit on the pro.

#419 11 years ago
Quoted from HighNoon:

I'm pretty sure the Xavier shot counts towards NC on the pro.
--Luke

Hmmm. I cannot confirm nor deny this. I'll try to hit the Xavier shot the next time NC mode comes up and see that happens. I hope it is true

#420 11 years ago

Hmmm. I cannot confirm nor deny this. I'll try to hit the Xavier shot the next time NC mode comes up and see that happens. I hope it is true

I'm almost positive that the Xavier shot counts...I'll have to check again tonight.

--Luke

#421 11 years ago

Quoted from HighNoon:

I'm almost positive that the Xavier shot counts...I'll have to check again tonight.

You guys do know that the big sheet of glass that covers the game can be removed right?

I kid, I kid, but seriously...I can't imagine a questions like "Does the Xavier shot count as a left Nightcrawer hit?" being a questions that I would wonder about for long. Pull that glass and see....and report back.

It really should count in my opinion. It's not like the left Nightcrawler needs to be hit with the upper flipper on the LE to count.

#422 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

You guys do know that the big sheet of glass that covers the game can be removed right?
I kid, I kid, but seriously...I can't imagine a questions like "Does the Xavier shot count as a left Nightcrawer hit?" being a questions that I would wonder about for long. Pull that glass and see....and report back.
It really should count in my opinion. It's not like the left Nightcrawler needs to be hit with the upper flipper on the LE to count.

I just found out the old-fashioned way. Xavier does not qualify as a nightcrawler hit

#423 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The glass comes off?

#424 11 years ago

I just found out the old-fashioned way. Xavier does not qualify as a nightcrawler hit

Hmmm...not sure what I was thinking then. Maybe it did count in an earlier code revision. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

--Luke

#425 11 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Definitely a setting that needs to be different between Pro and LE. Nightcrawler is MUCH easier to get on the LE than the Pro. I would say two ramps default with setting. Even starting out with one would be fine, then two when you challenge him a second time, etc.

Definitely not impossible I've gotten it several times on Pro. You can and may want to add a few seconds to night crawler timer and that helps a lot.

Quoted from jarozi:

Xavier shot does count as hit on night crawler with new code.

#426 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That might happen if the target mutant is Storm, because the ball return for Xavier goes thru the second Storm ramp switch, which may or may not be a bug.

#427 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Definitely not impossible I've gotten it several times on Pro. You can and may want to add a few seconds to night crawler timer and that helps a lot.

Xavier shot does count as hit on night crawler with new code.

Right on - I have NC set to 50 seconds (max)
I just played the NC mode over lunch and hit Xavier when NC was at the Storm ramp. I got no visual or audio cue that it registered and NC did not move to the Iceman ramp after it hit - maybe there is more to it? I had no previous hits on him when I nailed Xavier. I am running the latest code.

#428 11 years ago

For some reason, probably due to the storm ramp switch gate somehow, on some people's XM Xavier registers as a Storm hit as well. It happens for me 50% of the time. For some folks it never happens. *shrug*. I've tried messing with that switches on the storm ramp, but it still registers about half the time I hit the Xavier shot. I think the fault lies in the code. For some reason, whether by design or not, sometimes the Storm registers when just the 2nd gate switch is hit, when it should be only registered after both switches have been hit. Pretty sure it's just sloppy code....unless it is by design to give bonus combos off of Xavier

With the exhaustive amount of testing I've done, I can say that, for my machine, i can 100% confirm without a shadow of a doubt, the Xavier shot can register a Storm shot as well. Not every time you hit Xavier, but every now and then.

#429 11 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

For some reason, probably due to the storm ramp switch gate somehow, on some people's XM Xavier registers as a Storm hit as well. It happens for me 50% of the time. For some folks it never happens. *shrug*. I've tried messing with that switches on the storm ramp, but it still registers about half the time I hit the Xavier shot. I think the fault lies in the code. For some reason, whether by design or not, sometimes the Storm registers when just the 2nd gate switch is hit, when it should be only registered after both switches have been hit. Pretty sure it's just sloppy code....unless it is by design to give bonus combos off of Xavier

With the exhaustive amount of testing I've done, I can say that, for my machine, i can 100% confirm without a Shadow of a doubt, the Xavier shot can register a Storm shot as well. Not every time you hit Xavier, but every now and then.

I finally put some time in on this the other day. I adjusted both of storms switches. Played for 3-4 hours and tested with glass off without a single registered Storm shot from Xavier shot. I also had problems during NC mode when they fell it would register false shots to Magneto. I fixed this by cleaning excess wax from around the Opto sensors inside Magneto lock and adjusted the rollover switch. Also checked for loose wires and adjusted from boards connections to Opto sensors under the playfield. Not sure what actually the fix was but have not had any further issues. Also pulled both ramps and made minor adjustments to fix air balls. Flow is smooth and air lift has decreased immensely.

Thanks Rcade for your time on the scoring info and what not. Much appreciated.

#430 11 years ago

Right on - I have NC set to 50 seconds (max)
I just played the NC mode over lunch and hit Xavier when NC was at the Storm ramp. I got no visual or audio cue that it registered and NC did not move to the Iceman ramp after it hit - maybe there is more to it? I had no previous hits on him when I nailed Xavier. I am running the latest code.

Im not at the house so can't test this but going off memory it is my strategy to hit ice man ramp then to xavier and I am pretty sure each time I've done it NC registers a hit for me on the Pro model. Not sure why it would be different for us maybe a switch thing. When I get back I will test it out to find out for sure.

#431 11 years ago

I have done this before...and I guess I am doing it again. Here is how you test to see if your Storm switch is adjusted correctly.

Take off the glass and get a ball. Open the coin door and go into diagnostics, switch, test. Now trigger the switch that is halfway down the Storm ramp and take note of where that switch is on the DMD switch grid. Now shut the coin door (so the Xavier VUK will work) and put a ball in the Xavier shot. Keep an eye on the Storm switch on the DMD when that ball is kicked up to the ramp. It SHOULD NOT REGISTER as a hit from the ball getting kicked up and hitting the ramp. It SHOULD REGISTER as it rolls through the switch. If you see it register when hitting the ramp, or registering 2 times from VUK until it leaves the ramp...your Storm switch is too sensitive and needs to be adjusted.

Also...make sure you are not holding onto the ramp when you are doing this test. By holding the ramp you would be holding it steady and possibly preventing the ramp vibration that is causing the false switch hit. There seems to be a lot of room here between being too sensitive and not sensitive enough....so make sure no Xavier VUK hits to the ramp cause the switch to trigger.

As for messing with the ramp entrance switch...that switch does nothing except make a sound effect. The way the game is programmed is the switch halfway down the Storm ramp is the only one needed to count as a Storm hit. The game is programed to ignore the next hit to that switch after the Xavier switch is hit. So if your Storm switch is too sensitive it registers as the ball hits the ramp (which is ignored), but then when the ball rolls through the switch it DOES count it when it should actually be ignored.

I hope this helps.

#432 11 years ago

Does anyone have a video of their games with the new code? Something similar to SKB avengers videos would be nice. I'm not sold on xmen yet but a video of how modes stacks now and new Nc mode would be nice to watch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-124-pro-15-software-comment-vent-suggestion-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.