(Topic ID: 43497)

X-Men (LE 1.24) (Pro 1.5) software comment, vent, suggestion thread.

By DugFreez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JackSlater
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Danger-251x300.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
#351 11 years ago
Quoted from copperpot:

If you keep that mindset, say goodbye to ever seeing deadpool (no insert), gambit hurryup (no insert), combo bonuses (no insert), and a lot of REALLY great rules for other pins...

...but none of these things you have mentioned are needed to unlock anything else in the game. Gambit Hurry Up: You either get it or you don't. It isn't required to reach another area of the game. Deadpool: I don't think beating Deadpool (if it is ever implemented) should be a requirement for Danger Room or Dark Phoenix either. It should be a stand alone mode for cash and prizes. Another example..Nightcrawler: you either beat him or you don't. Beating him gets lights extra ball, if you don't beat him, you don't...but beating him is not a requirement to qualify any ongoing goal of the game.

No where did I say that every little mode in the game needed an insert. I am saying that it is stupid to have Magneto super jackpot as the ONLY requirement to get to Dark Phoenix or Danger Room that can't be tracked by an insert. Why not have a Mags super jackpot start Deadpool mode, or award an uncollected hero or villain? That is something worth while that it could do without having an insert. It wouldn't need an insert because you get the reward as soon as you defeat Mags (just as you get the points after completing the Gambit hurry up or the extra ball lights after you beat Nightcrawler mode). Instant gratification...no insert required.

It just doesn't make any sense to have all of the Dark Phoenix requirements have an insert...except for defeating Magneto?

So I have pointed out my reasons for why I don't think it is a good idea to have a Mags super as a Dark Phoenix requirement (game is hard enough, all other requirements are trackable by inserts, having his super jackpot would be better served to start a mode or give an award).

What are the arguments to have it as a requirement?

#352 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

It just doesn't make any sense to have all of the Dark Phoenix requirements have an insert...except for defeating Magneto?

Magneto has a big insert in front of him that says "Magneto"

#353 11 years ago

Any idea when the next update is coming? The one with the combos and combo champ etc

#354 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Any idea when the next update is coming? The one with the combos and combo champ etc

And dark Phoenix (or is she in now?)
And dead pool

Based on history of the game. I'd guess 6-8 months

#355 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And dark Phoenix (or is she in now?)
And dead pool
Based on history of the game. I'd guess 6-8 months

Dark Phoenix is there, but no graphics, just a mode that displays "Wizard Mode" or something of that nature.

#356 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Magneto has a big insert in front of him that says "Magneto"

OK..It just doesn't make any sense to have all of the Dark Phoenix requirements have an insert at the bottom of the playfield...except for defeating Magneto?

#357 11 years ago

Question for anyone who might know. Since the update, my left NC seems to fire stronger and triggers the magneto opto if a ball is locked. I haven't looked under the hood yet, but anyone else have this? I'm thinking either adjustment needs to be made under the pf at NC, the opto needs adjusting, or maybe just reducing the coil power to soft. I haven't had much time to look at it, but pondering it in the back of my mind. Thought I'd post and see whatcha you all think.

#358 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for anyone who might know. Since the update, my left NC seems to fire stronger and triggers the magneto opto if a ball is locked. I haven't looked under the hood yet, but anyone else have this? I'm thinking either adjustment needs to be made under the pf at NC, the opto needs adjusting, or maybe just reducing the coil power to soft. I haven't had much time to look at it, but pondering it in the back of my mind. Thought I'd post and see whatcha you all think.

So I had a few minutes to diagnose the problem. It's caused by the center lock switch that the locked ball rests on. When the left NC fires, it nudges the ball just slightly enough for it to trigger the switch. Gonna play with that switch this week. May raise the level of my pitch. Xmen is the only game I have at the factory 6.5deg. May raise it to where all my others are at, 6.8 and see if that keeps the switch from triggering on a fired NC coil.

#359 11 years ago

I'm still on the fence with this game. With the recent update would you say that the depth to the game is comparable to LOTR and TSPP? Overall XMEN looks like a blast to play.

Thanks!

#360 11 years ago

Yes great depth and a blast to play!

#361 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yes great depth and a blast to play!

Awesome. Think there are any NIB LE's left out there?

#362 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm still on the fence with this game. With the recent update would you say that the depth to the game is comparable to LOTR and TSPP? Overall XMEN looks like a blast to play.
Thanks!

I am really digging the pro! It is a HARD game, that is for sure. It does have a lot of depth, but not as deep as LotR or (especially) TSPP. I think that it could be closer as (if) the rules develop more. As it stands, I enjoy playing it more than Tron and LotR; really good music and animations. The modes are fun, challenging and nicely diversified.

#363 11 years ago

Kinda hard to say how deep the game is..to compare it to those 2 as I don't have wither

It certainly isn't shallow

I've only seen Danger Room twice (software 1.21...didn't install 1.23) and haven't seen it in 1.24

I'm no where near seeing Dark Phoenix (maybe half way at best) and know nothing about Dead Pool

In the games I have to compare it to...right now I'd say its deeper that SM. I've been to Super hero a few times (2 years owning the game). I also think it deeper than RBION (also 2 years). I've seen Atlantis at least 6 times and twice in one game.

I've never seen Sperm MB (FGY.. owned for 6 years) or got through WPT (3 years) software

All my stuff is set to factory except free play...including scoring replays and not EBs. The only change to Xmen is I increased the Ice Man to 30 second over the default 20 seconds.

Right now the game is at least on par with the deepest game in my collection

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!

#364 11 years ago

I am really enjoying XMEN. Its tough, but now we can see so many more characters and all the work that was put in to the excellent DOT animations. I really hope they continue to work on the code as its so close to being amazing I can feel it.

Does anyone know if work continues on the software or are the guys pulled to work on Metallica?

#365 11 years ago

I'm digging the new software. Having the heroes stack with villains was a huge win. I still get surprised when running a villain and a hero starts, yes! Otherwise I'll probably never see Dark Phoenix since I'm just not that good, I'll have to get lucky. But looking forward to finally making Danger Room, almost did it last night. Also saw Hellfire multiball for the first time last night, I must say a very cool mode. I have my game setup easy; narrow inlanes, all extra ball opportunities turned on, 5-ball games and default slope.

I find my biggest problem with my own play is that I feel compelled to hit everything on the fly, rarely cradling. And I never nudge.

Looking forward to the next few updates that hopefully integrate combos, more high score categories and Deadpool mode. My personal wishlist would also include a more graceful integration of the Nightcrawler feature, after X number of completed this and that's seems kind of arbitrary.

But I agree with the sentiment that this should have been version 1.0. I like that Waison or whoever has some vision to try something different with the way the first version made you attack Magneto first, that was thinking outside the box a bit. And I wouldn't mind seeing that as some kind of future Magneto Attack mode, but now I'm really pipe dreaming.

#366 11 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys! Now to just see if I can still find an LE and if so at what price.

#367 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm still on the fence with this game. With the recent update would you say that the depth to the game is comparable to LOTR and TSPP?

I had a TSPP and I would say close, but it is not there yet. I never got to the final wizard on TSPP, but did pretty much everything else. I would say XM is harder as it is more random and harder to control the ball. 2 magnets (spinning disc on LE) + posts with rubber rings make ball times shorter than TSPP. Very frustrating having a good ball and a magnet causes a quick drain.

Once they finish, I can see it getting the deep game reputation, it just took a long time getting there.

#368 11 years ago

I realize this is a "rookie" question, but how do you light the "Villain" light? Is it just completing the blackbird rollovers after "blackbird" is already lit...?

Thanks,

Brannon

#369 11 years ago
Quoted from brannonrad:

I realize this is a "rookie" question, but how do you light the "Villain" light? Is it just completing the blackbird rollovers after "blackbird" is already lit...?

Completing the lanes awards Blackbird, completing again lights Villain. This goes back and forth. Someone will correct if I have that wrong, but that's my understanding.

#370 11 years ago

Noticed that the LE has moved up about 10 spots along the top 100 since the update, hope it keeps getting better and keeps climbing; not just because I own one, but because I want to see it redeem itself for all the flack its been getting since it's release. What an amazing transformation. More please!

#371 11 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Completing the lanes awards Blackbird, completing again lights Villain. This goes back and forth. Someone will correct if I have that wrong, but that's my understanding.

A good strategy to light villain easily is to qualify one of the villain multiballs, but don't select it when you hit the scoop. Then after you finish the selected villain mode...you can just hit the target bank that is qualified and villain will instantly light at the scoop.

That is especially nice if you have already beat a villain multiball mode and you can qualify it again. Then it would just be 1 target hit (as long as it's active) to light a villain mode for the rest of the game.

I like that little piece of strategy (play the multi or save it for the easy villain light) and hope it doesn't get removed from the code.

#372 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!

It has "content depth" but not "nuance" depth like TSPP and LOTR. Tons of modes, Multiballs, 2 wizard modes, mini-modes.

#373 11 years ago

Thanks Dug, that is an excellent strategy! Now that I think about it, I have noticed the Villain light illuminates after hitting a qualified HF or BH target! I will take advantage of that for sure.

Got any more playing strategy tips?

I am impressed with the "Xavier" mode. I wonder how many mutant possibilities there are? It was fun to figure out the strategy without any help on that one.

- Start Xavier mode by hitting his last qualifying shot (I love the left-to-right search pattern using the playfield lights!) "I've discovered a new mutant..."
- If you know which mutant is silhouetted, go for that shot. If not, don't waste time and hit Xavier again where he gives a "clue" by flashing the required shot.
- Hit required shot. I love that sometimes the required shot is a HF or BH target - that makes sense! And I really love that it tells you the NAME of the mutant and shows his/her picture.

Which brings me back to... I wonder how many mutant possibilities there are?!

Brilliant mode! Please correct me if I have it wrong, or let me know if there is even more to it!

#374 11 years ago

Speaking of the Xavier mode, I think I had to hit the Phoenix shot to locate Colossus. What on the playfield should have told me that if I wanted to find Colussus I should have shot for Jean? Still trying to figure out all the Xavier shots.

#375 11 years ago

If you don't know what to shoot (based on your recognizing the character's silhouette), you just have to shoot Xavier again and he will show you what shot to hit ("I'm sending you the coordinates now").

I am not sure, but now that you've discovered it, I assume that Colossus' shot will always be assigned to Phoenix's shot. I'm thinking the more you play this mode, the quicker you will be able to finish it because you will remember what shot finishes the silhouette.

It *could* be that there is a random factor, but I don't think so.

#376 11 years ago

The Xavier mode mutants are static, the shots will always be the same for that particular mutant

#377 11 years ago
Quoted from brannonrad:

Thanks Dug, that is an excellent strategy! Now that I think about it, I have noticed the Villain light illuminates after hitting a qualified HF or BH target! I will take advantage of that for sure.
Got any more playing strategy tips?
I am impressed with the "Xavier" mode. I wonder how many mutant possibilities there are? It was fun to figure out the strategy without any help on that one.
- Start Xavier mode by hitting his last qualifying shot (I love the left-to-right search pattern using the playfield lights!) "I've discovered a new mutant..."
- If you know which mutant is silhouetted, go for that shot. If not, don't waste time and hit Xavier again where he gives a "clue" by flashing the required shot.
- Hit required shot. I love that sometimes the required shot is a HF or BH target - that makes sense! And I really love that it tells you the NAME of the mutant and shows his/her picture.
Which brings me back to... I wonder how many mutant possibilities there are?!
Brilliant mode! Please correct me if I have it wrong, or let me know if there is even more to it!

I never noticed it saying the mutants name on the DMD. I wish it did, or even better, said it with a sound clip.

I really wish they wouldn't have had any of the main characters as possible mutants in Xavier mode. There are hundreds of mutants that they could have picked from. I think using main characters of the game on the mutant hunt is very....blah. So I have already beat Wolverine's mode...yet I am just discovering him??? Makes no sense.

#378 11 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks!

With the new 1.24 X-Men code out for only a couple weeks, it's probably premature to start comparing games. We are still discovering the rules, Stern is still tweaking them.

However, if you want a to-date opinion, I feel that in playing the new X-Men 1.24 code for 2 weeks and comparing it to LOTR and TSPP (what are we at-10 years now of those pins), the current 1.24 code is not in the same league rulewise with those pins. The rulesets in those games are something special.

I think the complexity and rule integration of those pins is superior to almost all games with an objective nod to TSPP for sheer stacking capability and intense wizard mode requirement but my personal ruleset preference between the 2 is LOTR.

We'll see what happens with X-Men in 9 years

#379 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I really wish they wouldn't have had any of the main characters as possible mutants in Xavier mode. There are hundreds of mutants that they could have picked from. I think using main characters of the game on the mutant hunt is very....blah. So I have already beat Wolverine's mode...yet I am just discovering him??? Makes no sense.

Excellent point, I agree. Let's hope Stern agrees as well and updates this mode accordingly!

#380 11 years ago

I just got my bug / suggestion e-mail sent to [email protected].

The only bug I mentioned was the Brotherhood and Hellfire targets making sound effects when they are hit, but not active to qualify the multiballs and also that the Hellfire targets also light during these times when hit.

My suggestions were no replaying of beat hero modes until after Danger Room was played or better yet an option to turn this replaying on or off.

I also said I didn't think beating Magneto (getting a Magneto super jackpot) or beating Danger Room should be a Dark Phoenix requirement. My suggestion was to keep it simple and have the Danger Room requirement as beat all hero modes and the Dark Phoenix requirement as beat all 7 selectable villain modes. I said I thought a Mags super jackpot and beating Danger in Danger Room was better suited as something to start a reward mode or a good time to receive a "spot hero" or "spot villain" award for a character that hasn't been beat yet. I also said it would be understandable to have "play Danger Room" as a Dark Phoenix requirement as that would be displayed by all the hero inserts being lit.

I then said the 1.24 update was very nice, the best software the game has had yet and a big step in the right direction after the 1.23 goof. I said I was looking forward to more fun features and enhancements in future updates.

I hope it at least gets read by someone.

#381 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

I think the complexity and rule integration of those pins is superior to almost all games with an objective nod to TSPP for sheer stacking capability and intense wizard mode requirement but my personal ruleset preference between the 2 is LOTR.

The rulesheets of both games might be more complex, but X-Mens options are also very widely ranged...

X-Men - kind of hurry up modes....
Villians - more complex modes...

Stacking X-Men with Villain is great.

Magneto MB has to be well prepared... light some X-Men before starting it, start another X-Men und i.e. Sentinels, light Blackbird to add-a-ball... if you beat your third X-Men, Night Crawler will also start... tons of action - i like it!

Also the two Villain MBs are nicely implemented, like also Wolverine MB

Plus at least two not so easy to get Wizard Modes...

Personally i think, this is quite a challenge and also the way to a wizard mode is fun and not necessarily repetive.

I had a TSPP in my collection but it was always so much work to do to make a game a fun game. Stacking, Stacking, Stacking (right loop, couch, right loop, couch, ...). Once you had AI and all the others things prepared... TSPP is huge, but as I said, so much "work" to do...

I would rather compare X-Men with Spiderman in terms of action loaded pinball. And although SM is really one of my all time favorites, I would say at this time, X-Men rules are much more flexibel and engaging.

LOTR is a league of its own combining action and rules, but a this time it doesn't attract me too much.

The only thing missing (X-Men) right now is an implementation for Combos...because there are so many nice combos on this machine... they should be rewarded

#382 11 years ago

I just noticed something strange with the Phoenix lane lock. It happened 2 times in 2 different games tonight. I lightly plunged the ball, made the Storm ramp for the skill shot and then hit the Phoenix lane. The lock was lit as it is in the beginning of the game but the ball went right around the orbit instead of locking the ball.

I'm sure they have some kind of system on that lane so a person doesn't just plunge the ball the right strength, hit the Phoenix switch and it lock the ball, but it seems that as soon an any switch is hit that isn't the Phoenix switch it should be all systems go on locking the ball.

It seem like they have that switch (as it pertains to locking the wall) more on a timer than using the other switches to track the ball as they should.

I can see how the programing of orbit switches could be tricky and I believe the game has got better at it. I know an earlier software version would sometimes get confused and not open the lock diverter on even sometimes open it when the ball was rolling down the Phoenix lane. I haven't noticed that for some time. ...but it seems in the case I described above, it would be a simple case of as soon as any switch is hit that isn't the shooter lane or the Phoenix switch...the lock is active. If it isn't active...don't have it lit.

This type of behavior with the Phoenix lane can also be seen when the game is auto launching balls (Weapon X multiball for example). It will sometimes have her lane lit as an available shot or jackpot, but it won't give you credit for hits because the game assumes the hits are coming from the plunger. I would rather the shots not light up until it is ready to count them as hits.

#383 11 years ago

I had another question pop into my mind while playing tonight. I had 2 balls locked and then started Brotherhood multiball. I then got the add a ball and it emptied the lock area during multi ball. Then I drained down to one ball. A bit later I locked 1 back up (counting as 3, but only having 1 ball in there)...so at that point, why doesn't the game automatically open the lock diverter to physically lock the next ball that it auto plunges?

If the game did that and the player manually light plunged the game could just close the diverter as soon as a stray switch was hit and then run the lock as normal. If it auto plunges and locks it (or the player did a manual hard plunge and locked it) it could then do the same for the next ball. Then the game would be back to 3 balls locked and 3 balls actually in the lock.

#384 11 years ago

After starting Nightcrawler 10 times in one game the other day, I can no longer play this until there is another update. He just blocks everything you are trying to do, it's ridiculous.

If this code was tested at all, no thought was given to anyone that can complete more than 6 modes in a game.

#385 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

After starting Nightcrawler 10 times in one game the other day, I can no longer play this until there is another update. He just blocks everything you are trying to do, it's ridiculous.
If this code was tested at all, no thought was given to anyone that can complete more than 6 modes in a game.

With all the other outrageous qualifications they have in place to keep people from Dark Phoenix (or the lack thereof) I would almost not be surprised if he was thrown in there so much, to block players.

I did a lot of glass off play and how often he popped up seemed to vary quite a bit for me. Sometimes it was after every beat hero after 3. Then he would show up after a best villain sometimes. Then other times he didn't seem to pop up as often. I'm pretty sure I had 6 heroes beat tonight and he only popped up twice in the game (only giving an extra ball for one of them).

I never have checked in the settings....is there a way to completely disable his mode? Of course..that takes out the extra ball and basically kills, what should be a nice LE feature.

It's not a big deal to me as I'm not good enough for him to bother me too much....but I do definitely want it fixed.

1 week later
#386 11 years ago

Lotsa sellers on X-men lately with Tallica announcements, i thought with 1.24 code many would be more likely to hold on. I've waited less than NIB buyers of x-men who have owned the game since day 1, but i've had the game since a few months pre "power pack" and am pretty pumped with the new code. Obviously x-men is on the backburner for stern, but i figure they've got a few more updates in store over time to address dark phoenix, deadpool,combos and any bugginess. only 500 LE's out there so i'm holding on for now and having lots of fun playing.

didn't feel like making a new topic but whats your favorite thing about your XMLE?

#387 11 years ago

I actually was close to getting villains wizard mode yesterday. Completed all heroes in two balls, by the end of the extra balls I had all villains done. Never did get the Super Jackpot from Magneto though started him 3 times. Herores are all so short and easy, only problem with completing them is if you get hung up in the pops or the scoop with animations going and wasting all your time. Happens to me with Xavier Iceman and Pheonix seems I'm pushing the clock on those.

Also sucks the Iceman ramp moves during the mode, you don't have much choice but to go for the shot when you have the chance whether the ramp is moving or not. My one ball lost completing hero modes was entirely from hitting that ramp while it was moving and sending the ball over the flipper. That's a BS ball loss imo.

It helped a lot figuring out why Nightcrawler was always in the way, so now if I having a good game and its playing out in my control I can avoid him.

#388 11 years ago

Good news is Waison is still working on the code. Added more blackbird modes, combos, Dark Phoenix, etc.

#389 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I actually was close to getting villains wizard mode yesterday. Completed all heroes in two balls, by the end of the extra balls I had all villains done. Never did get the Super Jackpot from Magneto though started him 3 times.

I still think having to get a Mags Super to qualify Dark Phoenix is a dumb idea. It's no cake walk and it (unlike the other villain modes) doesn't save progress. But mainly because it isn't indicated on the playfield if it has been attempted or beat as all the other villains are. It is also pointless as it's not needed to make the game harder (it's already plenty hard enough) and the Mags super could be better used for another purpose.

I also wanted to ask...did you BEAT Danger Room? You can't get to Dark Phoenix without beating Danger Room and you can't replay Danger Room if you fail it. It's a 1 time deal...beat it or no Dark Phoenix for you. Beating Danger Room is also a stupid requirement for Dark Phoenix.

I still think it should be:

Collect all heroes on the "hero wheel" to get to Danger Room (not Gambit or Nightcrawler).
Beat all selectable villains on the lower inserts to get to Dark Phoenix (not Mags).

You could, at anytime, look down at the playfield and see what a players progress is to getting to either of the Wizard modes. No guessing, no instant info needed, no looking at the DMD...it's all right there in a uniform fashion on the playfield inserts. I see no reason for the game to have hidden qualifications to reach either of these modes. I know you don't have to beat Gambit hurry-up or Nightcrawler mode to get to Danger Room as it is. I was just making a point that having Mags super as a Dark Phoenix requirement makes no sense...just as having Gambit or Nightcrawler as a Danger Room requirement would make no sense. These things should award something instantly (as Gambit and Nightcrawler do now) and not be qualifying factors.

I am in hopes that they have made getting to Dark Phoenix nearly....no I'll say it, imposable because they are trying to make the unfinished parts of the code unreachable.

It still sounds like a great game that you had. I haven't heard anyone else claim to have beat all the selectable villains in one game. Good show.

#390 11 years ago

I totally agree requiring you to achieve Mags multi-ball jackpot to get to Dark Phoenix is absolutely dumb. I'd like to see anyone do that with the glass on with the current code. Good luck with that. I've completed all but 2 villains and completed super jackpot but that was one of those games not sure I could repeat it.

#391 11 years ago

I think the current requirements for DR are ok.

I agree that to qualify for DP, you should have to defeat all 7 villains that have lights on the bottom of the playfield.

My thought for Deadpool, is that you have to defeat Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Magneto (in any order). Then it auto goes into Deadpool mode. Sort of a hidden mode where you have to beat characters that do not have lit inserts.

That way, there is a specific reason / goal attached to defeating / collecting all modes.

#392 11 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

didn't feel like making a new topic but whats your favorite thing about your XMLE?

I've been having a total blast with this game since the new code's out. I think my favorite aspect is when I've got both a hero and a villian going and without relizing it, Nightcrawler starts. Surprises me all the time. Love it.

#393 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I think the current requirements for DR are ok.
I agree that to qualify for DP, you should have to defeat all 7 villains that have lights on the bottom of the playfield.
My thought for Deadpool, is that you have to defeat Gambit, Nightcrawler, and Magneto (in any order). Then it auto goes into Deadpool mode. Sort of a hidden mode where you have to beat characters that do not have lit inserts.
That way, there is a specific reason / goal attached to defeating / collecting all modes.

that sounds like a Great idea.

#394 11 years ago

Glad to see some life left in the x-men "camp"!
i've been having lots of fun lately as well, most villians i have BEAT is 3, although i often find myself worried about completing those last couple heroes to get to danger room and stacking in villians that i think will work out well in combination with certain heroes.
Has anyone beaten the danger room? I got (to what i think) was pretty far into fighting the danger room, the nc's were blocking shots and it was pretty crazy intense. only made it that far once, but have started danger room and blown it twice more...
glad to hear waison is still putting some time in on x-men too, hopefully dark phoenix is a good beefy wizard mode, especially with the effort it'll take to get there. combos and deadpool are other question marks that could really introduce new strategies and play stles too. oh well, my hopes are high and i'm having fun with the new code. love to hear how far others are getting.

#395 11 years ago

I can maybe complete 1 or 2 villains. I have a number of times gotten 7 heroes done but I suck out and miss the last one. But I am not a great player either. Still loving the journey.

Here is what I would like to see in 1.25 or 1.3 (whatever they call it):

1. Combos implemented. What I would do would have certain combos stand for certain X-men (good and bad guys) that are not a part of the main group. For example, hit Beast-Storm-Cyclops and you "collect" Mystique. Or Iceman-Xavier-Phoenix for "Collosus". Once you "collect" enough combo X-men (e.g. 30), there is a combo multiball mode like in SM.

2. Finish DP mode. Make it as complete and cool as DR. And you only have to complete all villains to get to it.

3. Deadpool mode. As I said, finish Gambit, Nightcrawler and Magneto.

4. Make the HF/BH targets active in all modes except for multiballs. Still keep the ability to change the difficulty in how many are needed to first qualify the MB. But the 2nd time, you have to hit them 10 or 9 times, but let hits to them count when they are made in modes (at LEAST hero modes). And please, for the love of God, just have 1 DMD screen that shows the number of hits left for HF targets (i.e. like the one for BH). Stop showing the text screen "hit HF targets to start multiball". Show that once at most and then never again. Then just show the graphic screen with the number of times we have hit them and how many are left.

5. Make the Gambit pop bumper hits low priority to be shown on the DMD. Lets see the other cool shit, not that over and over again.

6. Fix the callouts. I am fine with just sound effects when you hit a hero the first time (and not starting a mode). That's cool. But when many hero modes end, they give the wrong callouts (when you lose the mode its a positive callout, and when you win its the opposite).

7. When you beat a villain, make it a big effing deal with lots of sound effects. Bang! Boom! Crash! Yeah!

8. Fix the Xavier/Nightcrawler but (where NC is the hidden mutant in Xavier's mode, and then he stays up in other modes and won't go down even when hit). Allegedly Lyman already looked into this and fixed it for the next update. Lets hope so.

That's all I can think of right now. Love to hear other people's thoughts.

IMO, if they implemented these suggestions this would be an amazing game.

Not that I think my ideas are super or anything, but if Stern wants to borrow any of them, feel free. I hereby waive any intellectual property rights to them.

#396 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I also wanted to ask...did you BEAT Danger Room? .

Actually no, I did terribly on Danger Room this time around. I usually get pretty far in it, and have beaten it in the past, I think? Made the chick appear and then hit lit shots forever, but they keep relighting every so often. I never figured out any rhyme or reason.

Yeah, for some reason either I have a good game completing heroes and villains or I have a bad game but actually get the Magneto Super. Not often I do both in the same game which is weird. It's just an odd thing to get. Sometimes he goes down fast and sometimes it seems like I'm playing the mode forever and can get him down to the final shot.

I'm glad to hear Waison is still working on it as well. I really liked his ideas on the very first original code. Many things since then just homogenized the the rules to make it like other games and appease people. I wish it would have stayed true to the original idea it could have really been something unique. But being such a tight shot shooters game on top of such a different type of ruleset might have been just too small of a group of people who would appreciate it to run with.

I liked having to collect the heroes and battle Magneto before opening up any modes. It would have been cool if the scoring for the rest of the game was affected by how well you did there. If you drain just move on for the remaining balls so everyone gets past it. Or make it a free ball if you drain during that portion, not that big of a deal.

If nothing else, leave the damn iceman ramp put! The playfields tight, you can get stuck bouncing around the pops or struggling to get the ball to the left flipper to hit the shot. Not to mention now Nightcrawler could be in the way, villain multiballs could get in the way. You have so little time to complete the mode, at least leave the damn ramp put so when I take the shot because its the only chance I'll get I don't drain because the ramp was moving and the ball flies over the flippers! Really annoying. Wish they would have figured out a way to make the ramp shorter and it wouldn't be a problem at all.

#397 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Good news is Waison is still working on the code. Added more blackbird modes, combos, Dark Phoenix, etc.

How do we know this?

#398 11 years ago
Quoted from ButtonMash:

How do we know this?

Why do you people think mnpinball is the only one that knows people?

#399 11 years ago

Great news that they are still improving the code! I love this pin, play it as much as I do Avengers LE and ACDC Prem. Just go back and forth and love them all!

#400 11 years ago
Quoted from ButtonMash:

How do we know this?

Multiple sources have confirmed it, including Borg himself.

-Wes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-124-pro-15-software-comment-vent-suggestion-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.