(Topic ID: 43497)

X-Men (LE 1.24) (Pro 1.5) software comment, vent, suggestion thread.

By DugFreez

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 432 posts
  • 90 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JackSlater
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Danger-251x300.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.
#201 11 years ago

i just messed about with my x men with the glass off and got dr without compleating all the heros
i had all mode options stacked destroyed magneto let the balls drain then on the next ball dr was lit so i dont think you need to compleate all the heros to strart dr

#202 11 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

deadpool plays both sides, having him attached to mags SJ sounds about right, deadpool's mode itself should finish either one hero that you haven't completed or one villian you haven't completed depending on progress, roving shots for deadpool match his wierdness and randomness too.

I like this idea a lot.

--Luke

#203 11 years ago

Actually I thought the NC thing was stupid ...seeing them 4-5 times in one game didn't make sense. But considering you light EB if you defeat the NCs...it even furthers the important of keeping 'that' ball in play. If Marks assessment of the NCs is correct..which I have no reason to believe it not...having a good ball and mowing down heros will be an absolute must to have any chance in getting to DeadPool

This game is stacking up to a game that will require long balls times to get through the software. With the randomness of the magnets\spinning disc... long ball times will be few and far between. Instead of long ball times it'll be 'lotta' balls type game. The the NC thing is crucial to stack EBs.

IMHO If the NC thing was intended and not a bug..it shows that the 'pinball' guys at Stern (Sheats...etc) took a real good look at this game

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say in the ever going Pro VS Premium\LE debate. I'm seeing a greater distance between the Xmen Pro and LE...than most other Sterns

On a side note I emailed the 'software' email address about the Xavier\NC Mutant bug. I got an email back from Sheats saying he was asked to look at the bug after numerous emails that morning...he found the problem and fixed it...and will be available in the next update.

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

i just messed about with my x men with the glass off and got dr without compleating all the heros
i had all mode options stacked destroyed magneto let the balls drain then on the next ball dr was lit so i dont think you need to compleate all the heros to strart dr

I had to complete them all in all the "glass off trials" I run last night (3 or 4 trips to DR). Are you running the new software that was just released a couple of days ago? Pro / LE?

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

On a side note I emailed the 'software' email address about the Xavier\NC Mutant bug. I got an email back from Sheats saying he was asked to look at the bug after numerous emails that morning...he found the problem and fixed it...and will be available in the next update.

That's good news. The bug being Nightcrawler pops up in Xavier mode and just sits there (even when hit)?

#206 11 years ago

Actually I thought the NC thing was stupid ...seeing them 4-5 times in one game didn't make sense. But considering you light EB if you defeat the NCs...it even furthers the important of keeping 'that' ball in play. If Marks assessment of the NCs is correct..which I have no reason to believe it not...having a good ball and mowing down heros will be an absolute must to have any chance in getting to DeadPool
This game is stacking up to a game that will require long balls times to get through the software. With the randomness of the magnets\spinning disc... long ball times will be few and far between. Instead of long ball times it'll be 'lotta' balls type game. The the NC thing is crucial to stack EBs.
IMHO If the NC thing was intended and not a bug..it shows that the 'pinball' guys at Stern (Sheats...etc) took a real good look at this game
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say in the ever going Pro VS Premium\LE debate. I'm seeing a greater distance between the Xmen Pro and LE...than most other Sterns

You only get an extra ball the first time you complete nightcrawler, its just points after that.

I did not test draining the ball, but considering i noticed it in normal game play the first two games i played... I know I didn't play the entire game in one ball so I don't see how that's possible...

#207 11 years ago

Yep.. that's the one

Quoted from DugFreez:

That's good news. The bug being Nightcrawler pops up in Xavier mode and just sits there (even when hit)?

#208 11 years ago

I feel compelled to comment after playing a couple quick ( and I suck at pinball, so they were QUICK) games this morning before leaving for work....

....XM has THE BEST dot animations and presentation in pinball thus far, bar-none.

Can't wait to see what they'll fill in to DP mode when it's done. Hell, I'm even interested to see what dot upgrade (hopefully) they'll give to the "+3x multiplier" messages after completing a hero. That's a big thing completing a hero mode, would be nice to have something a little more impactful and fun than the boring text, but I'm sure it's just a place holder, like DPs text is at the moment.

#209 11 years ago

That's interesting...Is there another way to light EB?

I know the game I played long enough to see a bunch of NCs..I had 2 EB lights that ball.

Maybe it lit for another reason?

Quoted from muttonboy:

You only get an extra ball the first time you complete nightcrawler, its just points after that.
I did not test draining the ball, but considering i noticed it in normal game play the first two games i played... I know I didn't play the entire game in one ball so I don't see how that's possible...

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I had to complete them all in all the "glass off trials" I run last night (3 or 4 trips to DR). Are you running the new software that was just released a couple of days ago? Pro / LE?

Hi dug yes i am running the 1.24 code did you have all the modes stacked when you tryed it also i had to destroy magneto then let all the balls drain then on the next ball danger room was lit i will have another play tonight

#211 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

You should try it. I am definitely, for sure not getting night crawlers after every completed mode. There's more to it. It does seem to happen after completing each hero (completed or not already) while on the same ball. But then it stops happening. Something causes that. I haven't taken the glass off to see what.

The points rewards are really cool. It seems to start at 6 mil and then increase by 1 mil everytime you beat NCs. Im not sure if it was a bug or not, but I was using it to my strategy while playing and finding it loads of fun.

Perhaps if you do not beat night crawlers you have to wait a whole 3 more beat characters to get him back. Maybe if you beat him he comes back everytime as long as you continue beating him. I'm not too sure. There's no changelog. Maybe I'll take off the glass and get to the bottom of it.

#212 11 years ago

That's interesting...Is there another way to light EB?
I know the game I played long enough to see a bunch of NCs..I had 2 EB lights that ball.
Maybe it lit for another reason?

Extra ball also lights every 3 heros completed, you can change that setting in the adjustments.

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

You should try it. I am definitely, for sure not getting night crawlers after every completed mode. There's more to it. It does seem to happen after completing each hero (completed or not already) while on the same ball. But then it stops happening. Something causes that. I haven't taken the glass off to see what.
The points rewards are really cool. It seems to start at 6 mil and then increase by 1 mil everytime you beat NCs. Im not sure if it was a bug or not, but I was using it to my strategy while playing and finding it loads of fun.
Perhaps if you do not beat night crawlers you have to wait a whole 3 more beat characters to get him back. Maybe if you beat him he comes back everytime as long as you continue beating him. I'm not too sure. There's no changelog. Maybe I'll take off the glass and get to the bottom of it.

I beat him everytime in gameplay and testing, he's really easy....

I am definitely for sure getting him every completed mode from 7 on... Don't know how to do bold if that helps me get my point across.... I did try it with glass off and in gameplay, all I can post is what I've found and I have tested it. Maybe you should try it? Waste of my time trying to explain this anymore, it doesn't bother anyone else that's fine no big deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is something else to it, but the fact remains him appearing as much as he is for me in gameplay and testing is way too much and in the way of getting anything else going on, so I thought I would post it and test it properly to get the word out and help others.

#214 11 years ago

I think this was asked before but couldn't find an answer, does anyone know if there is brotherhood and/or hellfire progression?

#215 11 years ago

So now I have a video of the software version 1.24...
I was on a good way, but then my daughter came in to remind me that I had to go to pick up my other daughter... and then I blew it...
But I thnik it is okay to give some impressions.
http://www.flippervideos.de/video/xmen124/

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

I think this was asked before but couldn't find an answer, does anyone know if there is brotherhood and/or hellfire progression?

Yes, there is progression saving for both.

#217 11 years ago

I haven't had much time to play the past couple days...just had a lengthy game this morning.

Dunno if you'd call this a bug - but it definitely struck me as odd.

I started Rogue & Nightcrawler together...their NC "back and forths" are at different speeds, and it seems like both NC "rules" are running simultaneously which results in both NCs being up at the same time. Doesn't really affect gameplay negatively, but it kinds monkeys with the illusion that there is one NC and he's warping back and forth.

#218 11 years ago

I have only had a chance to play 5 games or so. I haven't got that deep because I am not even close to as good as Eskaybee (although I think he cheats and plays with the glass off ), but so far first impressions:

Great! I give this release a solid B+. The things I like most:

1) The stacking options. I hated the stacking in 1.23, but really enjoy the default hero/villain stacking in 1.24. My most favorite, the options settings to turn on hero stacking if you want. I will personally never use it, but making stuff optional and up to the player is how you are going to keep the home collector market happy. Big thumbs up to Stern on this one.

2) Bye bye bugs. The majority of bugs that existed in 1.23 are gone.

I know it took a long time for this release, but the amount of programming effort it took to take the mess that was 1.23 and turn it into this was not trivial. Kudos.

Things I hope they put in future updates (echoing a lot of what is already in the thread):

1) Complete the combo, deadpool and dark phoenix features. Would still like to see the end of ball multiplier tied to combos rather than completed heroes once the comboing system is all in place.

2) Sounds like some people find Nightcrawler popping back and forth to be too fast now. Maybe an option to control Nightcrawler speed?

3) Option to have no replay of hero modes once they are completed, reset after danger room.

4) Replace Beast voice.

5) I too miss the 1.1 music. Hopefully it is still in the ROM somewhere, would like it to show up again.

6) I also agree with Iceman ramp needing to stay still in Iceman mode. Having extras on the LE like the Iceman ramp should make play better than the Pro, not worse. I like the ideas posted before of having it involved in a hurry up. My thoughts:

a) Ramp stays in "home" position until Iceman has been completed (so plays like the Pro in this respect).
b) After Iceman completes, the ramp moves to the right (and stays there) for a bonus 30 second hurry up of seeing how many times you can nail the shot, more points being awarded for each successful one.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I started Rogue & Nightcrawler together...their NC "back and forths" are at different speeds, and it seems like both NC "rules" are running simultaneously which results in both NCs being up at the same time. Doesn't really affect gameplay negatively, but it kinds monkeys with the illusion that there is one NC and he's warping back and forth.

Sounds like a bug to me. I'd report it.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Are you the same guy that was hoping for a "The Punisher Kills the X-Men" mode before the game was released?

I'm that guy..., but I like the way you think.

#221 11 years ago

On the PRO, why can't you start a villain when you are in Weapon-X? I can start a villain when I am another hero mode like Beast... is this how it works for LE too? It was a bummer too since I had hellfire and brotherhood ready so I could have picked either

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

On the PRO, why can't you start a villain when you are in Weapon-X? I can start a villain when I am another hero mode like Beast... is this how it works for LE too? It was a bummer too since I had hellfire and brotherhood ready so I could have picked either

Because you wouldn't be able to use the flippers to choose a villain while in a MB mode.

Or at the very least it would be too chaotic. You can start either mag or wolvie MB while already in a villain mode, but not the other way around.

#223 11 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

....XM has THE BEST dot animations and presentation in pinball thus far, bar-none.

You must not have played avengers yet.

#224 11 years ago

I have played both and I don't really care for Avengers. Everyone has their own tastes.

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You must not have played Avengers yet.

Avengers has some stellar character animation on The Hulk scenes, that's for sure! X-Men has more variety though, as it has 30 or so different characters represented with DMD animation.

#226 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I have only had a chance to play 5 games or so. I haven't got that deep because I am not even close to as good as Eskaybee (although I think he cheats and plays with the glass off ), but so far first impressions:

Lololol! Well, I do have this games outlanes at minimum. It's weird, my hardest game (ACDC) I leave at factory outlanes. Xmen minimum; avengers minimum (but skinny posts not the factory fat ones).

Anyway; I like a lot of your thoughts for future update. Personally, I love that NC is so fast. No stuck balls and more difficult. When he's slow, it's too easy to hit and control. I actually didn't get an EB one game he was moving so fast.

Replace beast voice? I'm in the minority. Keep it.

Seems we all want an iceman hurry up mode with the ramp STAYING to the left. I had beast and magneto both running and the ramp stayed left. Was nice to hit it back to back

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avengers has some stellar character animation on The Hulk scenes, that's for sure! X-Men has more variety though, as it has 30 or so different characters represented with DMD animation.

True. But xmen is choppy and sometimes can't keep up with the software. Avengers is smoothe which is why I believe it has the best 'presentation' - as the other poster put it.

#228 11 years ago

My biggest gripe with xmen is you still have to repeatedly play the same villain over and over til it's beaten. I would rather see villain modes be one and done and your total points of all the villain modes is the deciding factor of progressing to dark Phoenix or dead pool. Similar to the tv modes of FGY. Personally, this would make the game less repetitious and give that one more game feeling cause you'll want to do better on the villain modes. Goes back to the LoTR analogy - would you like the ring modes if you had to complete them to get to TABA ?

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

Yes, there is progression saving for both.

That's odd, because mine definitely did NOT remember when I go to Brotherhood and didn't complete it the first time. Got their a 2nd time and started off with Toad like usual. To be clear, all the other modes did save but I haven't seen it with Brotherhood or HC.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

That's odd, because mine definitely did NOT remember when I go to Brotherhood and didn't complete it the first time. Got their a 2nd time and started off with Toad like usual. To be clear, all the other modes did save but I haven't seen it with Brotherhood or HC.

When I tested with the glass of the other day, I completed all but the last girl in BH, requalified and started off with her.

HC I'm not sure how much I completed, but hit a few shots until I saw the healthbar was less than full, drained to one ball requalified and when it started the healthbar wasn't full.

Magneto I did the same, got the health bar down a little, requalified and it was full again.

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My biggest gripe with xmen is you still have to repeatedly play the same villain over and over til it's beaten. I would rather see villain modes be one and done and your total points of all the villain modes is the deciding factor of progressing to dark Phoenix or dead pool. Similar to the tv modes of FGY. Personally, this would make the game less repetitious and give that one more game feeling cause you'll want to do better on the villain modes. Goes back to the LoTR analogy - would you like the ring modes if you had to complete them to get to TABA ?

I don't mind having to complete the Villains - however, since we see that there are two difference Villain insert states...

Flashing - Played
Solid - Complete

...it would be nice if getting all Flashing counted for something and getting all Complete counted for something else. Still, not a dealbreaker IMO. Now that there's progression save & stackability w/ Heroes, fighting Villains is fun, IMO. Before, starting them a 2nd time was "f*ck I gotta play THIS impossible mode again" ...now it's "aw yeah, I'm gonna finish that f*cker this time!!!"

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Replace beast voice? I'm in the minority. Keep it.

PUNCH! KICK! SMACK!!!

Still f*cking amazed anyone would go to bat for this embarrassingly bad actor with a horrible voice that sounds NOTHING like Beast. I'm assuming you Shittybeast Lovers like the LINES moreso than the actual delivery? Would it be SOOOO BAD if they used the SAME LINES but had them read by a real actor who evoked ***BEAST***, not some personality-free talent-free @$$hole!?

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Would it be SOOOO BAD if they used the SAME LINES but had them read by a real actor who evoked ***BEAST***, not some personality-free talent-free @$$hole!?

The delivery is terrible, the voice acting is terrible. I LIKE IT. Shittybeast FOREVER.

-Wes

#233 11 years ago

With Beasts current voice I like to refer to him as pedabear. Since he sounds like a creeper and not a hero. ;p

It would be nice if completing a mode was optional, instead of a requirement. Similar to the way Tron works. If you complete the modes, then you have fewer things to do for the final mode start sequence, or just increase the scores. Or, if the mode isn't complete, this might indicate the hero was captured, and when they are all completed, DR starts up and you have to rescue the heros that you didnt complete to fill them out before you can get to the jackpots.

For the villians maybe if you fail to complete the mode then you have to complete more shots before being able to go to Dark Phoenix mode. Tron handles this very effectivley, which is why I think Tron is one of the best games released by Stern to date, next to Spiderman. Xmen definitely has the shot count and variety over every other game so there are a ton of creative opportunities.

#234 11 years ago

Might it be useful to start a thread just reporting on bugs?

First off, I think the code is a HUGE improvement and am very thankful it came out. It is important to try and point out the bugs so the next update can address them. I noticed one last night on the Pro I had professor x going with night crawler and I think a multi-ball or at least a villain (not weapon X). The DMD blanked out for about 3 to 4 seconds and no scores were being tracked then it came back and everything seemed to be okay. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Quoted from cscmtp:

Brotherhood DOES continue where you left it the prior run.

That is awesome I was hoping this would be the case!

#235 11 years ago

Sorry I was wrong, the Brotherhood DOES continue where you left it the prior run. I am absolutely LOVING this pin!! Just got to Danger Room, and finished all the modes except Juggernaut, Shadow King, and HC (never started the first 2, almost finished HC) People should be prepared to do a complete 180 on this pin!!

#236 11 years ago

I have a pro..

- when is extra ball lit?
- when I am playing a mode, the first blackbird award is not "ad more time" anymore
- super spinner is still one of the awards :-/

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

My biggest gripe with xmen is you still have to repeatedly play the same villain over and over til it's beaten.

I like this idea for villains and hero modes. It will feel more progressive and more players can actually move through the game. Like TRON and sea of simulation.

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

It would be nice if completing a mode was optional, instead of a requirement. Similar to the way Tron works. If you complete the modes, then you have fewer things to do for the final mode start sequence, or just increase the scores. Or, if the mode isn't complete, this might indicate the hero was captured, and when they are all completed, DR starts up and you have to rescue the heros that you didnt complete to fill them out before you can get to the jackpots.

Well, the Heroes serve two functions right now. Playing them (but not finishing them) will allow those heroes to help you during Magneto Multiball by giving you more points (and I think damage) on those shots. Completing Heroes lights Danger Room.

It's not that elegant, but here we go:

Hero Shot inserts:
Blinking - Hero has not been played.
Solid - Hero has been played, and will now help you during Magneto Multiball

"Hero Wheel" inserts:
Blinking - Played
Solid - Completed

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

Hi dug yes i am running the 1.24 code did you have all the modes stacked when you tryed it also i had to destroy magneto then let all the balls drain then on the next ball danger room was lit i will have another play tonight

I have hero - villain and villain - hero turned on but hero - hero turned off.

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I haven't had much time to play the past couple days...just had a lengthy game this morning.

I had both up at one point in my "glass off" testing but I don't know what the game situation was.

#241 11 years ago

I wish someone would clone Lyman so the code can get finished. How long do I have to wait for combos to be in a game and bugs to be fixed?

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Brotherhood does save the progress, but I remember it doing something odd on the second visit. I thought it showed all of the characters until I hit the first shot and then it jumped to where I was before. Keep in mind I am not taking about the health bar...just the DMD animations of which character I was battling.

I was wondering how they would handle the saved progress from already attempted villains and It looks like they have done a great job. If they could just show the villains health bar on the villain select screen it would be perfect.

#243 11 years ago

Just played another game, best one to date, and although the 2nd visit to Brotherhood started off showing the entire group, it quickly changed to Avalanche which is where I ended the first time. And I got to but didn't quite finish the DR, finished all villian modes except HC and Brotherhood. LOVE this game now. I just want to keep going further!

#244 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not that elegant, but here we go:

Hero Shot inserts:
Blinking - Hero has not been played.
Solid - Hero has been played, and will now help you during Magneto Multiball

"Hero Wheel" inserts:
Blinking - Played
Solid - Completed

I agree that it is not elegant. It's redundant and unnecessary for the most part. You can look at the hero wheel and see which heroes haven't been played, which heroes have been played and not beat and which heroes have been played and beat. It's all right there. There is no reason to display that information again on the shots.

I can see in this code version that the hero shot inserts do serve another purpose, but that could easily be moved to the hero wheel and make much more sense.

As it is now, if you are in a villain mode and start a hero mode....the only way you know that the hero mode timer has run out is because all of the hero shot inserts turn on again.

Here is my suggestion. Keep the hero wheel inserts the same except quickly flash the hero name for the mode you are in. If you beat it...it goes solid. If the time runs out...it goes to the normal flash speed. All of that info would be on the wheel (where most of it already is) and it would free up the shot hero inserts to better display the mode information. If a fast flashing isn't available or noticeable on the wheel names....then unlight all of the names on the wheel when a hero mode starts and only flash the hero name that you are working on. After the mode return the wheel to normal (displaying the beat = solid and attempted = flashing heroes).

The use of the inserts in the game has always been something that has bothered me, but it looks like they have done a pretty good job with them (especially handling a hero mode and villain mode running at the same time). They could still be much better. Why is the Phoenix shot arrow and the Cyclops arrow lit the same in Juggernaut mode? They do completely different things. 1 is for Jackpots and 1 is for damage. We know that inserts can, at the very least be solid, slow flashing and fast flashing. Why not use this to convey some useful information?

The first thing they would need to decide on is what represents the highest priority shot....a solid insert or a fast flashing one. From the way the inserts are used in Weapon X multiball I'm going to say they would go with fast flashing has priority. Let's use Jugs mode as an example and say the order of shot priority is fast flashing = high, slow flashing = medium, solid = low. Have the Beast and Phoenix arrows solid to show they are lower priority (to complete the mode) jackpot build shots. The Storm, Rogue, Cyclops and Iceman shots would be fast flashing to show these are high priority damaging shots. See...it was that simple. The shots don't do the same things so don't display them the same way.

Using Jugs as an example again...they could also use the inserts to display shots that deal bonus damage for shots that are for completed heroes. The Beast and Phoenix arrows would be solid (jackpots). The Storm and Iceman could be slow flashing (to show they do normal damage because their mode hasn't been beat yet) and Rogue and Cyclops could be fast flashing to show they do bonus damage (because their modes have been beat). BAM! Hero completion and villain damage integration...all using the arrow inserts because it is a villain mode. Any info running on a hero mode would not be effected because hero mode use the shot name inserts.

How about a hero modes example. Lets go with Rogue (an easy one) all shot name inserts are solid, but the Rogue shot name insert would be fast flashing (showing that a hit to her is higher priority and an instant completion). A Phoenix example...Phoenix is fast flashing and Wolvie and Cyclops are solid. Displaying the different shot information via insert should be done in every mode.

The first rule of mode insert usage on this game should be that hero modes don't use the arrows. Weapon X multiball is exempt. I am hoping a normal Wolvie mode will return and Weapon X multiball will be a reward of sorts for beating his normal mode (as the instruction card first stated). The "no arrow" rule is pretty much the case now except for the Iceman arrow being used in his mode for the second ramp shot for some unexplained reason. I'm hoping that gets taken out as his mode really needs to be reworked more than any other hero mode (it's 2 shots to the ramp...ignore the moving ramp and flashing left lane insert...it's just 2 ramp shots. Done.)

Arrows can also be used to point out the skill shots. The ball is just starting...no modes are running there is no confusion.

The second rule should be that the villains only use the arrow inserts. I think this may be the case as it is now...good job.

It would be so simple to go through each mode and set up the inserts as they should be. The only time there would be any confusion may fall when you get a Weapon X or Mags multiball going and then you would just have to feel it out.

PS: X-Men whoo hoo!

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

PUNCH! KICK! SMACK!!!
Still f*cking amazed anyone would go to bat for this embarrassingly bad actor with a horrible voice that sounds NOTHING like Beast. I'm assuming you Shittybeast Lovers like the LINES moreso than the actual delivery? Would it be SOOOO BAD if they used the SAME LINES but had them read by a real actor who evoked ***BEAST***, not some personality-free talent-free @$$hole!?

Lol. It's not that I'm a huge supporter of beast. And I don't want to sound like a broken record. But after playing avengers, all the xmen voices seem pretty bad, not just beast (wolverine aside). They really aren't that bad, it's just avengers is so much more smoothe and flows with the game better.

#246 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Would it be SOOOO BAD if they used the SAME LINES but had them read by a real actor who evoked ***BEAST***, not some personality-free talent-free @$$hole!?

Yes. The lines themselves aren't all that funny. The delivery is. And by the way, since you'll certainly avoid any facts and start insulting me for having an opinion that's not yours, all those old movies you accused me of liking, well I've never heard of any of them. The fact that you knew them says something

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

PUNCH! KICK! SMACK!!!

I don't get how this made it into the game as it was obvious the first time I heard it how bad the voice acting was. The cartoon version would have been great.

I realize that people don't like Storm, but I also did not like her voice in the cartoon from the 90's so I expected that.

I think the rest of them are excellent, even the minor characters seem to be really well done, I just don't get how they messed up Beast. Even nailing Pyro's English accent which shows there were some hardcore fans working on it.

#248 11 years ago

Fans were definitely thought of with the making of x-men, they didn't have the movie license as a crutch, so they really had to use the material to the max. Got tons of different mutants making appearances in dmd and fx.

-Combos sound like a promising addition (maybe attach bonus multipliers to combos, every shot adds 1x, finish at scoop to collect?)
-Deadpool (roving shot hurryup that awards "completed" status to an unfinished hero or villian, started by defeating magneto SJ)
-Dark phoenix, started by completion of all villians and magneto SJ.
if these things are fleshed out as well i don't see why x-men couldn't breach the top 25 or so.
the implimentation of these things will make or break x-men in the long run, as for right now the game is SOLID and lots of fun thanks to some great updates!

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Fans were definitely thought of with the making of x-men, they didn't have the movie license as a crutch, so they really had to use the material to the max. Got tons of different mutants making appearances in dmd and fx.
-Combos sound like a promising addition (maybe attach bonus multipliers to combos, every shot adds 1x, finish at scoop to collect?)
-Deadpool (roving shot hurryup that awards "completed" status to an unfinished hero or villian, started by defeating magneto SJ)
-Dark phoenix, started by completion of all villians and magneto SJ.
if these things are fleshed out as well i don't see why x-men couldn't breach the top 25 or so.
the implimentation of these things will make or break x-men in the long run, as for right now the game is SOLID and lots of fun thanks to some great updates!

I agree. Tons of potential in xmen. It's a fun pin and is 'almost' great. The problem is, are we going to have to wait another 8 months for a good code update?

As for the movie license; they did have it. They released artwork based on the original xmen series and it looked like crap. Borg didn't like it either and was able to convince marvel to go old school with this pin. Way to go Borgey!!

#250 11 years ago

I am really enjoying playing X-men again FINALLY, I hope the trend continues and it isn't too long before they get close to finalizing it for good. Combo scoring, Deadpool and a few changes/additions to call outs would be awesome! Adding some of the X-men voices when battling the villains would be cool IMO. I just always will want more call-outs and voices whenever possible they are what make the sound and game better to me. More Rogue and Gambit voices are needed, there are too few in their modes, with Gambit being a hurry-up mode he could definitely say some good stuff when you aren't making the shots

Oh and I am definitely on the change Beast voice, it is absolutely horrid. My friends that were over the other day that don't really play pinball asked me what that stupid voice is when I was playing and they heard it. No other comments on anything in the game until they hear him, enough said there, even a casual person listening thinks it is horrid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 432 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-le-124-pro-15-software-comment-vent-suggestion-thread/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.