Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xmencard.jpg
xmeninstructions.jpg
main_card_all_xmen.jpg
wolverine_card1.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Lets try this. I still think this forum compresses the files the more images you post in one reply. Lets see what happens if I post one pic per post.

All cards in one file can be downloaded here:
ftp://jackal2001.gotdns.com/xmencards.rar

Cards should be printed at 5.5" x 3". If you import them into MS Publisher they are the correct size.

wolverine_card1.jpgwolverine_card1.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Well those who said this forum doesn't compress images is full of sh1t.
That image above is over 700K on my PC and only 188K if you download it from the link.

#3 11 years ago

For those that want all the cards, including 2 new Gambit cards please download the .rar file here:

ftp://jackal2001.gotdns.com/xmencards.rar

#4 11 years ago

See download link above.

#5 11 years ago

See download link above.

#6 11 years ago

So do you think it is compressing the size of the file (pixels) or just the file size / quality (KB)?

I dl that with the link below the picture and it dl as 1600 x 873 24bit color at 300dpi. File size is 188 KB.

#7 11 years ago

I'd also heard people say that if you download using the link below the pics you would get better quality download than just viewing the picture and saving it....that seems to be false information too.

Thanks for the dl link jackal2001. I'm about to check them out now.

#8 11 years ago

Do i need to re size them or will they print to fit the card inserts on the apron

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Donnyman:

Do i need to re size them or will they print to fit the card inserts on the apron

Depending on how you print them. I pull the pics into Microsoft Publisher and they are sized correctly.

#10 11 years ago

Good to know thanks

#11 11 years ago

It looks like the forum compresses the picture size (pixles) to also save on the KB size. This is why I was having to resize all of the bigger files (300dpi & 400dpi) that you were posting before.

Thanks again for the cards and the uncompressed download link. With the additional Gambit and split Wolvie cards...I can see I will be switching my cards up from time to time.

If you are feeling any more, I have another suggestion. How about an instruction card with the left (masked) half of the Wolvie face on the right side of it (no X symbol behind him) and a matching design team card with the right (unmasked) Wolvie half on the left side of that card?

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

If you are feeling any more, I have another suggestion. How about an instruction card with the left (masked) half of the Wolvie face on the right side of it (no X symbol behind him) and a matching design team card with the right (unmasked) Wolvie half on the left side of that card?

Re-Download the pack. I added these you requested.

#13 11 years ago

Thanks a bunch Jackal!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Re-Download the pack. I added these you requested.

Sweeeeeeet! Thanks a lot again!

#15 11 years ago

Just added a few more cards including this one...
All available in the download pack (link above).

main_card_all_xmen.jpgmain_card_all_xmen.jpg

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

Just added a few more cards including this one...
All available in the download pack (link above).

Thanks for the update. You keep posting them and I'll keep downloading them.

I looked around for X-Men team images and it was really hard to find good team pictures that only contained characters that the pin features.

#17 11 years ago

Not to mention that I can't edit a lot of the photos or do I care to try. Like I said before there are a lot of people that make their own characters that just don't look right or there are a lot of poor scans of comic covers. Not much I can do with those images at my skill level.

At least my PC is back up and running after trying to fix my video card. I reflowed the solder by baking the entire card in the oven for a few minutes.

#18 11 years ago

Jackal, these are fantastic. Thank you so much. Would you consider submitting your pack to pinballrebel site?

#19 11 years ago

I put this together if anyone is interested.

xmeninstructions.jpgxmeninstructions.jpg

#20 11 years ago

And the card. The text font was taken from jackal's card and is Jackal's work. Jackal, if you don't like this, I can delete this post.

xmencard.jpgxmencard.jpg

#21 11 years ago

Nice selection of cards, especially for those with Wolverine.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks for the effort Jackal and Mark, look great

1 week later
#23 11 years ago

Bump because games will be ariving shortly.

#24 11 years ago

Nice, i would get them professionally printed on glossy paper and sell them on ebay.

#25 11 years ago

I want to keep them free to the community.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I put this together if anyone is interested.

Love it! However, it's very hard to read the white lettering. Could you make it a different color, bolder, etc?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Love it! However, it's very hard to read the white lettering. Could you make it a different color, bolder, etc?

Sorry, I only have the JPGs left which are no longer layered so I can't change the text color any more. Before I did try various colors and it was worse with other colors except maybe a bright green, but that looked really bad. I wish I still had the PSD still then I could just send it to you guys to mess with it

#28 11 years ago

Jackal I like the second one with the whole team in it.

Markmon they both look great but I do agree a different color text would make it even better.

#29 11 years ago

First of all, thanks for contributing these to the community! I would like to chime in regarding the upload quality.

JPG images uploaded to the Pinside forum are always re-compressed to save our storage and bandwidth. For forum usage this is fine, for sharing custom score cards : not so good.

In your case, I would suggest uploading these in a PDF container. This will also allow people to simply print the PDF with Adobe Reader and always have the exact size printed out.

Another solution could be to zip the JPG, avoiding image re-compression. But we currently don't allow .zip file uploads. We may in the future to support efforts like these cool score cards.

Hope that clarifies things a bit!

4 weeks later
#30 11 years ago

bump back to top

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-instruction-cards-300dpi-one-more-try and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.