Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

My first ever NIB pinball. Go to start my first game and the right flipper is stuck up! Looks electrical, as when I turn off the game, the flipper goes back down. When the high voltage is turned on in the switch test, flipper stays locked up. Ideas on where to look? Completely new at repairing pinball machines.

#2 11 years ago

First tried replacing the flipper fuse underneath with the one in the goody bag, no dice, still happens.

#3 11 years ago

have you checked to make sure the flipper button switch isn't stuck closed? may just need a little adjustment

#4 11 years ago

That sucks. Hopefully it's a quick fix

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

have you checked to make sure the flipper button switch isn't stuck closed? may just need a little adjustment

May I ask how to check that? Where at in the menus? It is "in service" if that is what you mean.

#6 11 years ago

check inside the cabinet behind the actual flipper button. sounds like the leaf switch just needs a slight adjustment. there should be a small gap when the button is out. Closed when the button is pressed.

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

check inside the cabinet behind the actual flipper button. sounds like the leaf switch just needs a slight adjustment. there should be a small gap when the button is out. Closed when the button is pressed.

I was thinking the same. Should be simple.

#8 11 years ago

Mine did this too on one of the first 5 games I played. I checked the gap on the inside of the cabinet switch and made a slight bend. It's been fine for 100 games now.

Kevin

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

You sir are a scholar and a genius! Noticed one of the leafs were a little close together so a little prying a part with a screwdriver did the trick. Thank you!

#11 11 years ago

Yea. The question that was needed that no one asked was:
    "Does the flipper stick up as soon as you power on or do you have to start the game first". This is how you can quickly separate shorted transistor from closed flipper switch.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-fresh-out-of-the-box-right-flipper-stuck-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.