Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBellMan
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

X-Women_Free_Play.jpg
    X-Men_Rules_copy.jpg
    wolverine-x-men-6074974-1440-900.jpg
    wolverine-cassaday.jpg
    wolverine_face.jpg
    update031705_gambit.jpg
    storm-from-x-men.jpg
    iceman.jpg
    gambit.jpg
    Gambit10.jpg
    Gambit3.jpg
    DarkPhoenix.JPG
    Cyclops.jpg
    1717546-dark_phoenix_super.JPG
    rogue_instructions300.jpg
    wolverine300.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

Nice work Jackal,

With the magneto instruction card what would blue look like to match her skin. Also maybe bump the quality to 300 dpi and they will be awesome.

#26 11 years ago

Thumbs up on the Magneto rules card with blue text.

#58 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

No, once the images are saved at 120 DPI there's no going back. The high resolution data is simply lost and the only way to get it back is to start from 300 DPI and never save it lower. Bummer. These were beautiful.
    As for 300 DPI, I am referring to say this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-mods
    Look for swink's card. If you drag the image out of the browser, it is 690x376 pixels large. But if you click on the jpg and download the image, it is 1600x873 pixels large. This is what I meant by the site keeping the initial resolution on the uploads. Yours are 660x360 pixels large. That means that on the width of the image, there are only 660 dots to make up that image.
    Let me also say that my comment that these are "unusable" is a bit harsh. They actually still look pretty good. But it's a shame because they could look professional quality amazing.

To assist, I am not wiz on illustrator / photoshop, but what I did is start a new file (Illustrator CS3) with the work area being set at 5.5 x 3 inch then I brought in as high as possible res image and scaled down to fit into the space then added text. Once ok I saved as a illustrator file for editing sake in the highest res = 1-2mb file. Then I grabbed the same file and "saved as" as a pdf file at as high res as possible (1-2 mb) only because my package does not offer saving as a jpeg (that I could work out). Then from there I grabbed the pdf file opened in the desktop image viewer and saved as a jpeg and selected 300dpi option ( with a file size at at about 500kb) at the very end then uploaded. To add I have a Mac which is the reason for some of my steps.

Another option for printing is if you have illustrator / photoshop save the card that you like to a new file sized at 6 x 4inch and slide the image on to the work space and add a 6 x 4inch then border to ensure the new file can be saved at the 6 x 4 image, then go through the same steps and once you have a jpeg go to you photo lab and print as a photo print and then you have a thicker paper that is glossy and looks mint and trim down.

#59 11 years ago

Here is a free play and a Operator Card (let me know if you want the cost changed)

_X-Men_Card_TEAM_FREE_PLAY_copy.jpg_X-Men_Card_TEAM_FREE_PLAY_copy.jpg _X-Men_Card_TEAM_OPERATOR_copy.jpg_X-Men_Card_TEAM_OPERATOR_copy.jpg

#63 11 years ago

Jackal, your right I just used a wallpaper image, no dramas still looks ok as do all of your cards, keep up the good work and totally agree better than those yellow cards.

#72 11 years ago

tried out one of your images toyboy6

X-Men_Rules_copy.jpgX-Men_Rules_copy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-free-playinstruction-cards?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.