Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBellMan
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

X-Women_Free_Play.jpg
    X-Men_Rules_copy.jpg
    wolverine-x-men-6074974-1440-900.jpg
    wolverine-cassaday.jpg
    wolverine_face.jpg
    update031705_gambit.jpg
    storm-from-x-men.jpg
    iceman.jpg
    gambit.jpg
    Gambit10.jpg
    Gambit3.jpg
    DarkPhoenix.JPG
    Cyclops.jpg
    1717546-dark_phoenix_super.JPG
    rogue_instructions300.jpg
    wolverine300.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

These look awesome, but are there high res versions that will look good printed? These are only 120dpi.

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

300DPI doesn't look any better.

It won't look any better if you just resize it to 300 dpi as is. But it will look a lot better if you have bigger source content and redo the text all at 300 dpi from the start. You have to print it to see the difference. It may look ok on the screen but it needs the higher resolution to print well. It's a shame because your graphics are beautiful but it's just too low res to be a viable print

#27 11 years ago

You can get some cheap semi glossy brochure paper and print them on your laser. You won't need to laminate after. You can print on photo paper on your inkjet if that's what you have.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

Well I've printed cards I've made for my other pins and never changed the resolution to anything higher. All my cards came out great and the small print comes out perfect. I just print them onto "Hammermill Multi-Project Photo Paper" and they come out great. I don't bother getting them laminated. Using a HP Photo Inkjet printer.
    Doesn't matter what I upload the forum is compressing it down. The larger the file I upload the more it compresses it.

The image in the picture gets compressed but the actual jpg that is downloaded using the download link maintains resolution. The other guy has 300 dpi cards in the other xmen thread. His text prints out 100 times clearer than yours. Developed photos are considered 400dpi. 300 dpi is very good quality. 120 dpi is not. I can't make you do anything you don't want to do. Unfortunately your cards are awesome but unusable at 120 dpi

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

I can't see how you say they are unusable since I print them at 120dpi and they turn out beautiful.
    Text is fine.
    Like I said, I don't know photoshop and I don't feel like wasting time redoing all of it. If just setting it at 300dpi is a setting and it will make everything autoadjust then I can try that. I won't start from scratch.
    The download link doesn't maintain all the same quality because I compared the size of the files.

No, once the images are saved at 120 DPI there's no going back. The high resolution data is simply lost and the only way to get it back is to start from 300 DPI and never save it lower. Bummer. These were beautiful.

As for 300 DPI, I am referring to say this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-mods
    Look for swink's card. If you drag the image out of the browser, it is 690x376 pixels large. But if you click on the jpg and download the image, it is 1600x873 pixels large. This is what I meant by the site keeping the initial resolution on the uploads. Yours are 660x360 pixels large. That means that on the width of the image, there are only 660 dots to make up that image.

Let me also say that my comment that these are "unusable" is a bit harsh. They actually still look pretty good. But it's a shame because they could look professional quality amazing.

#42 11 years ago

On further inspection, your text is actually clearer than Swink's at 300 DPI. His font looks upscaled. Where are you guys getting this text anyway? You are typing it in or you scanned it?

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

So this one is no good?

Now we're talking! The text is crystal clear in that one and it prints way better. The Image of the girl was obviously upscaled, but that's ok. You probably had to work with whatever source image you had.

This is way better! Thank you

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

The text should have no bearing as I'm typing it in photoshop and should be dynamic as I increase the DPI. I saw no difference if I were to retype it. The images I'm using would have to be re-imported but some are smaller than others.
    Maybe I'll try tomorrow to re-do a few and see what happens.

This depends on how you increase or decrease the DPI. If you type in the text, flatten the image and save as a JPG then resize it, the text will be scaled and not increase in quality. However, if you type in the text using the text tool and leave it in its own layer, Photoshop may be intelligent enough to leave resize it into the image without scaling it.

Anyways, the quality of whatever you did shows. The changed image is massively improved. Thank you. One note, the image was 400 dpi but 4 inches wide. I resized it to 5.5 inches wide without resampling the image which reduced it to 290.9 DPI. Still plenty DPI and looks great.

#48 11 years ago

As I said, you will have to resize the image to 5.5 inches wide.

#51 11 years ago

No. I'm saying you have to resize the image. It was set at 400 dpi bit at 4" width. Resize it to 5.5" wide at 290 dpi

#54 11 years ago

A lot of it has to do with the skills of the editor as well as the software he uses. In this case I'm just extremely thankful that we are getting these high quality cards. You're also right. The text was native at the higher dpi. But the graphic image came from a lower resolution source. This is why you don't see a difference on that when the image is resized.

#56 11 years ago

A lot of it has to do with the skills of the editor as well as the software he uses. In this case I'm just extremely thankful that we are getting these high quality cards. You're also right. The text was native at the higher dpi. But the graphic image came from a lower resolution source. This is why you don't see a difference on that when the image is resized.

#57 11 years ago

#60 11 years ago

Swinks, those look good!

#64 11 years ago

Jackal I sure hope you didn't get the wrong idea. Your latest card called test400 printed beautifully. Thank you very much for it. It's a keeper and is saved off for when my magneto arrives.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-free-playinstruction-cards?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.