• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

xmen.jpg
xmenle.jpg
xmenpro.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JackSlater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 10 years ago

I agree Dugfreez after watching that video it remembered me details I forgot. I played the game a couple of time last fall and boy I liked the callouts and music. The magneto multiball was a cool feature IMO but it also made the game more linear... I would like to see a video of the current 1.05 code to compare. Does the intro of magnto attacking a submarine still plays at the beginning of a game?

#66 10 years ago

Thanks guys, I played that game such a while ago I can't remember all the details. I'm glad they kept those clips in the game. One thing bothered me tought, I found hard as hell to get a big score on that game... The spinning disk at the beginning of mags mb is really cool. One update I would like to see on the pro is instead of dropping the balls to the flippers why they don't make the magnet pulse to scatter the balls all over the playfield? It would be almost as nice as the disk IMO.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

This is a good idea. The drop is not bad and goes along with the DMD animation, but it would be cooler. I am hoping for some surprises very soon. Combos, Deadpool, Dark Phoenix, and more?

I was thinking about sending the magnet idea to stern (Waison or Borg) but I don't have their adresses. As far as the DMD go they have to clear that mess and syncronise everything. Maybe that was better when heros where not stacking... At least the animations and callouts where not trying to override each others.

#77 10 years ago

DugFreez, you have a point there, I guess ill keep pushing for DMD syncronisation.

Actually no, thanks for the tip. I'm kinda new to the whole ability of reaching the actual desingers in a hobby. Only in pinball.

1 week later
#84 10 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Actually, in one of my other hobbies (model rocketry), a lot of the kit designers are often on forums / at expos / etc....
Later,
EV

Cool to ear. I haven't heard back from Waison about the magnet thing. I will pick a XM down the line I know it. I just hope they will add more to it by then like a complete instant info menu.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

It just makes it more fun for ME. Nobody else has to like it. I can keep track of everything, so it is no "flail fest". I can post a video if you would like to see. I think it could be tuned to work a little better, using different flashing rates for not started vs running vs completed in the circle and to designate the shots around the playfield.

I would like to see a video.

1 week later
#92 10 years ago

There shoud be an option to keep modes from restarting when beat. I guess it will be in the next addon. I think waison better takes his time with this title, it is so mutch promising, all it needs is polishing and some hidden stuff a la tspp.

#155 10 years ago

In case stern read this thread,why not adding a complete Instant info menu with how many shots left to start the various mballs (usefull for strategic play), what hero and villain are left to collect... It should be standard on every game instead of getting the IM setup.

#159 10 years ago

knowing how mutch shots are needed at a quick glance before starting multiball would be usefull for mode stacking villain-heros. As far as sentinels they could simply put a number in the upper left of the dmd. It ant rocket science, stern could use the same interface game after game with small adaption for each titles.

Quoted from metahugh:

It's a mental thing for me, I like to know how I am doing.

I like to know where I'm at in the game and what I should go to from now on, at a quick glance without having to look all over the pf and dmd for clues. xmen is a fast game it is easy to get lost in the Frenzy.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from tron1969:

Yes it will be out this coming week and there will be one more update after this next one.

Only two? They better make those count.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Let me guess, ummm Xmas power pack!
pfffttt

If so owners will have to pay to get those out of their gameroom. I really like XMEN, it is a very original game from stern. Layout Wise it's way better than ac/dc. Callouts, soundtracks and lightshow is amazing, even on the pro. I prefer the pro for this title. I probably buy a NIB after the code updates.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JackSlater.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-codewhats-next?tu=JackSlater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.