(Topic ID: 22043)

X-Men code update

By mnpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 11 years ago

He's being facetious, but who could blame him?

There will be more than just fixed scoring in this update.

#35 11 years ago

Anyone bother to notice?

UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED BITCHES!!!

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK here's what I've noticed already!!!
-Modes open from start! YES!
-Wolverine mode is now Weapon X Multiball...this is F'ing SICK! The DMD is Wolverine's POV, moving through the facility to Escape and killing dudes as you hit the shots!!!
-Blackbird sequence is sped up...prizes cycling is removed...now it's just the jet taking off and your prize revealed
-New music for Villain select
-Brotherhood & Hellfire aren't options anymore until you actually get all the target hits
-Omega Red mode improved - next shot instantly lights instead of waiting for the DMD animation
-New music for high scores and Game Over
-Colossus now grunts when throwing the Sentinel head
-SCORING FIXED lol
-Sabertooth mode now changes the Iceman ramp from left to right as you hit Wolvie to change the shots from left to right
-Cyclops no longer says "Shoot Cyclops 9 times" ...I think you just have to do the Cyclops/Storm combo to complete
-Dunno if this is a bug, but I finished Xavier without even knowingly doing anything...apparently I collected Mystique somehow and it was over lol
-Nightcrawler now used in modes!!! I started Rogue, NC popped up...I hit him and Rogue stole his BAMF-ing power!!!
-Beast now has voice calls!!! The actor kinda sucks, but hey...its something lol
-Each Hero takes 2 shots to start now
Right off the bat, the game is SOOOO much better. With the modes open and a bit easier to finish, it's now just mode-city and just makes the game ooze with personality, not just Magneto's.
OK, back for more!!!
Post edited by Rarehero : More stuff!

It's pretty damn impressive, I can tell you that!

(too many threads going on this)

Let me just say publicly that I have to eat some serious crow: I had posted several times that I was sure that the first update would *not* be a major one, and that things like starting Magneto MB before starting the other modes would not be changed.

I was obviously *very* wrong, and you were right to be optimistic about people at Stern listening to us.

I also complained about how long it was taking to get the updated code out. Well now that I have seen the major changes that they made (and I'm sure I haven't even seen/heard all of it yet) I'm actually impressed that they got it done as fast as they did!

Now I still think they could have got just a quick scoring fix out sooner, but even that wouldn't have mattered that much since the game is completely different now.

The pin is already a lot more fun than it was, and I suspect it will only get better the more I play it.

There will be a lot more strategy to the game the way it is now vs before. I look forward to trying to figure out some of the best strategy for maximizing scoring and getting through the modes with stacking.

#82 11 years ago

Another thing I noticed is that when you scroll through the menu to pick a villain, Brotherhood and Hellfire will not show up if they aren't qualified (they used to show up and tell you to complete them first).

Quoted from gambit3113:

The only issue I still have is that Magneto drops 2 balls when trying to only release 1, pretty regularly. They need to develop a fix, that might require hardware.

Yep, this is still happening to me as well.

Quoted from markmon:

Glad there's no villain progress. Sounds like the game would be too easy other wise. The fact that you can stack modes makes up for it. Have they done anything with the magnet? Does anyone notice magneto magnet no longer cuts off after long games (overheat)?

Definitely agree with this!

The game is now beatable as it is. Everyone was saying that they would *never* see the wizard mode on this game. That isn't the case now.

#107 11 years ago

One minor complaint: they did away with the normal sound/music at the very start of the game and I LOVED that music! I wish they didn't do away with it.

Quoted from Rarehero:

No way dude, there are still so many modes....you just get to see a lot more of them per game now, which is super fun!
Basically, the hero modes are kinda easy...and the Villain modes are pretty tough. I like this set up...it seems as though Danger Room would be the reasonable wizard mode to get to...and Dark Phoenix would be the one for expert players!
I didn't mess around w/ the options, but I took a look and it seems like you can change difficulty levels and time allowed for each mode. So, if you find it too easy you can tweak it to your liking.
I'm finding the defaults to be very enjoyable & challenging!

I completely agree with this.

Easier in terms of getting to more modes...exactly what many of us were asking for. Completing the modes are still difficult regarding the villains. So many modes! Even if they aren't that hard to beat, there are so many of them that beating them all will take a great game. I'm trying to concentrate on the heroes to begin as that will be the best chance I have of getting to a wizard mode.

This pin did not have that "just one more game" pull to it with the old code. Now it does.

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I won't comment on the things most people commented on, but I am noticing a couple things no one else mentioned so far that I saw:
1) Coil pulse power is greatly reduced. I first noticed it on the kickout. This didnt slam the ball into the left flipper as hard and I can easily stop the ball on either flipper now from the kickout of the blackbird. Flipper strength is slightly reduced, and slingshot strength is slightly reduced. I really appreciate the slingshot strength being reduced. This doesn't send near as many balls to the right outlane. I am guessing that previously, the "normal pulse power" setting was being ignored and it was set to some high setting.
2) In general, ball is much easier to control. This is partly due to every coil being less strong. But also the magnets aren't throwing it around as much. Wolverine magnet only fires when needed. This is much better in my opinion. My guess is the magneto magnet won't be over heating any longer.
3) Night crawler does jiggle before moving, but sometimes chooses not to move (stays put). So I think the algorithm for Night crawler is something like: Hold for N seconds, jiggle, generate random number between 0 or 1 and if 0 go left, 1 go right. It's pretty cool.
4) The game ball times are now long. Somewhere along the lines of Batman Dark Knight long or Monster Bash long or Transformers long. I played two games after the update and scored ~ 35 mil on each and played for over 20 mins each. This won't be your best 2 player game. I have my pitch set to about 8. I don't think opening up the outlanes or shortening the ball time is an option here either. While the ball times are long, I haven't even gotten nearly half way to completing the game. So, it's required to have long ball times to finish this game. I don't see any way around this. I think it may make the game more approachable to newer players. I hope I don't tire of the game faster because of this, though. We will see.
5) Everything in the game feels more polished now. The game feels complete. The only indication that the game is not complete is that the xmen diagnostics menu only has one option that's not labeled.

Thank you Mark, I thought I was going crazy. Normally if I held the left flipper button when the ball would shoot out the scoop, it would ricochet over to the right flipper. With the new code if I do that, it simply stays on the left flipper.

Shots are actually different now. I used to be able to shoot shots like Iceman on the fly from the left flipper when the ball came out of the scoop, now I can't even do it with Cyclops.

Ball times are definitely longer for me as well. I very quickly doubled my prior high score and this wasn't just because of the scoring fix, but because the ball is more controllable now, and I was having longer ball times.

I'll say it again: This is a complete game changer! Much more than just the rules. The game actually plays differently. Time to learn this one over pretty much from the start.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Found my USB stick. (And there was much rejoicing.)

I agree. Nothing feels the same. It is somehow tamer. Particularly the scoop. I kind of miss that railgun shot out of the scoop. lol. Well, not really. It is much more controlled now.
I noticed in the settings all the mode times are shorter by 15 secs. Haven't had time to mess around and see if they reduced shot numbers in the modes to account for this.
The one thing I do not like is the scoop awarding its own blackbird lane. And don't say this is what we were all asking for, because it wasn't. How hard would it be to have the iceman ramp switch award a lane? As it is right now, I just have to spam that scoop until I get an extra ball, 6x bonus, etc... Not that is any fun, but it is now a strategy.

True, and I wasn't asking for an additional blackbird lane either.

How do you increase the bonus multiplier? I did get 6x from the scoop, but how else do you increase it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.