(Topic ID: 22043)

X-Men code update

By mnpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 11 years ago

Installing to my game NOW!

#53 11 years ago

OK here's what I've noticed already!!!

-Modes open from start! YES!
-Wolverine mode is now Weapon X Multiball...this is F'ing SICK! The DMD is Wolverine's POV, moving through the facility to escape and killing dudes as you hit the shots!!!
-Blackbird sequence is sped up...prizes cycling is removed...now it's just the jet taking off and your prize revealed
-New music for Villain select
-Brotherhood & Hellfire aren't options anymore until you actually get all the target hits
-Omega Red mode improved - next shot instantly lights instead of waiting for the DMD animation
-New music for high scores and Game Over
-Colossus now grunts when throwing the Sentinel head
-SCORING FIXED lol
-Sabertooth mode now changes the Iceman ramp from left to right as you hit Wolvie to change the shots from left to right
-Cyclops no longer says "Shoot Cyclops 9 times" ...I think you just have to do the Cyclops/Storm combo to complete
-Dunno if this is a bug, but I finished Xavier without even knowingly doing anything...apparently I collected Mystique somehow and it was over lol
-Nightcrawler now used in modes!!! I started Rogue, NC popped up...I hit him and Rogue stole his BAMF-ing power!!!
-Beast now has voice calls!!! The actor kinda sucks, but hey...its something lol
-Each Hero takes 2 shots to start now

Right off the bat, the game is SOOOO much better. With the modes open and a bit easier to finish, it's now just mode-city and just makes the game ooze with personality, not just Magneto's.

OK, back for more!!!

Post edited by Rarehero : More stuff!

#67 11 years ago

Extra ball seems to light frequently...not sure 100%, but I think it lights after you start your 5th mode.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The only issue I still have is that Magneto drops 2 balls when trying to only release 1, pretty regularly. They need to develop a fix, that might require hardware.

Yeah this happens more now that you have to qualify the lock...if you don't have lock lit, and lock through Rogue, it can spit out two balls. How steep is your game? My theory is they programmed the timing of this release to work with 6.5 degree pitch. Mine's a bit steeper (top of the bubble is touching the top line)....so - if the ball is rolling out faster than the game anticipates, it won't catch it. I think they might have to include some 'steepness options' with different timing for that lock.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can someone put a video up of weapon x multiball? Big thanks!

There are too many threads on this one topic, but here it is in this thread...just DMD footage, it's my iPhone balanced on my lockdown bar hehe

#87 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I hope they didnt make it TOO easy.. ?

No way dude, there are still so many modes....you just get to see a lot more of them per game now, which is super fun!

Basically, the hero modes are kinda easy...and the Villain modes are pretty tough. I like this set up...it seems as though Danger Room would be the reasonable wizard mode to get to...and Dark Phoenix would be the one for expert players!

I didn't mess around w/ the options, but I took a look and it seems like you can change difficulty levels and time allowed for each mode. So, if you find it too easy you can tweak it to your liking.

I'm finding the defaults to be very enjoyable & challenging!

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

While the ball times are long, I haven't even gotten nearly half way to completing the game. So, it's required to have long ball times to finish this game. I don't see any way around this. I think it may make the game more approachable to newer players. I hope I don't tire of the game faster because of this, though. We will see.

Yeah, it's definitely not a Tron or IM style kick-your-ass fast game....but it works. With the amount of content in this game, it doesn't lend itself to being a short ball time game. I really think the people who haven't liked the recent Sterns and yearn for TSPP & LOTR style depth will REALLY like this game! ...yet it flows in a way that's killer and totally different than those two.

#101 11 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

It seems like the Magneto multiball start magnet disc grab start works better.

Agreed...the balls are spinning more and hanging on the disc longer for a better effect!

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Good to hear, as i am picking mine up Friday....
I played the shit outta the one at CAX, on the crap code...and still loved it....
I think i will be jacking the pitch a bit and seting coil pulse to HARD...
and see how i like that....
the one at CAX seemed pretty fast to me... i would like it to stay like that..
thanks Greg..

Gerry I've got my coil pulse on Normal and it's fast and snappy as all hell. Mark may be right about the coil being a bit more chill on the scoop kickout...but honestly the slings, pops, and flippers feel the same to me.

#108 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

One minor complaint: they did away with the normal sound/music at the very start of the game and I LOVED that music! I wish they didn't do away with it.

Could be an unintentional side effect of ditching the mandatory Magneto...let's ask for that music back as Ball 1 music!

#142 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's deeper then SM but doesn't flow as well. And way more problematic at this point.

Is flow determined by the ease of figure-8-ing two ramps?

2 months later
#148 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Every shot can flow into the other with the exception of doc Ock and even with that one you can double flipper to skip the animation. Are you really trying to make a case for Xmen having more flow then SM?

It depends how you play it. Either game can have infinite flow. Spidey if you hit the ramps back and forth. X-Men if you shoot Cyclops-Storm-Iceman-Beast-Storm-Iceman repeat. Spidey can have less flow if you hit Doc Ock or Sandman all day long, or if the ball is diverted into the Sandman VUK for a lock. Honestly it's just a stupid argument..."this game has more flow than this game" ...it's all about CONTEXT. NO game will have a ball that never stops. You're gonna miss a shot or hit a target or hit a saucer or VUK. So...yeah, I don't get arguing about flow. It's stupid.

Anyway, Spidey is awesome, even with its stop 'n flow gameplay (LOL...just pushin' your buttons, maniacs...calm down!) - it doesn't need to be defended.

X-Men needs new code, that is certain. Physically, though...it's flow city! ...and sometimes not. Just like any game with combo-able shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.