(Topic ID: 22043)

X-Men code update

By mnpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay the code is a major improvement. There still are issues to resolve though they are very acceptable and will be fixed. The game play is now improved and very enjoyable to play. I am now optimistic that this will be a top 10-20 game with a few more tweaks and a newly designed Wolverine for us LE owners (I hope)
The negatives are Beast mode is kinda lame. - Who cares right now they can tune that up
Magneto locks have some flaws as it drops balls for modes instead of keeping them locked. I got a couple of 2 ball modes that should have been 1 ball because of the Magneto locks not working 100%
Flaws right now seem pretty minor. I can certainly live with this and let Stern continue to improve this. I need to now figure out the rules as it seems easy to start modes and very difficult to complete them
The code is really night and day different. My hope is they will make it just a little bit harder to start modes maybe 3 shots instead of 2 to make the game flow a bit better. I also hope weapon X multi ball is a bit harder to start maybe require 5-6 shots to start it.
Man this is very positive as the new software is so much better.

do you have your game set on default settings ? if you set your game adjustments to HARD i think that would make a differance for ya..

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another thing I noticed is that when you scroll through the menu to pick a villain, Brotherhood and Hellfire will not show up if they aren't qualified (they used to show up and tell you to complete them first).
Yep, this is still happening to me as well.
Definitely agree with this!
The game is now beatable as it is. Everyone was saying that they would *never* see the wizard mode on this game. That isn't the case now.

I hope they didnt make it TOO easy.. ?

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way dude, there are still so many modes....you just get to see a lot more of them per game now, which is super fun!
Basically, the hero modes are kinda easy...and the Villain modes are pretty tough. I like this set up...it seems as though Danger Room would be the reasonable wizard mode to get to...and Dark Phoenix would be the one for expert players!
I didn't mess around w/ the options, but I took a look and it seems like you can change difficulty levels and time allowed for each mode. So, if you find it too easy you can tweak it to your liking.
I'm finding the defaults to be very enjoyable & challenging!

Good to hear, as i am picking mine up Friday....

I played the shit outta the one at CAX, on the crap code...and still loved it....

I think i will be jacking the pitch a bit and seting coil pulse to HARD...

and see how i like that....

the one at CAX seemed pretty fast to me... i would like it to stay like that..

thanks Greg..

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Gerry I've got my coil pulse on Normal and it's fast and snappy as all hell. Mark may be right about the coil being a bit more chill on the scoop kickout...but honestly the slings, pops, and flippers feel the same to me.

I will try it both ways..

#120 11 years ago

They also changed the initial voice introduction for Juggernaut mode - no longer "you mean the unstoppable juggernaut" now it's professor X telling you to remove his helmet

I am real glad that that quote is gone... to be honest I hatedtht quote to no end...

Its the one quote that sounded like total MR. Microphone clip, from a prepubescent teenager...

Bravo STERN !

You guys did great......

Alathough not quite done, you guys nailed it.. a real great effort.

#126 11 years ago

although its getting a little Borg heavy!

Borg heavy is OK then..If he is making the games you love then roll with it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gerry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update?tu=gerry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.