(Topic ID: 22043)

X-Men code update

By mnpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago

I had a conversation with Borg at Expo and he mentioned a big code drop by Xmas. John is very cool in person without a crowd around him. He acknowledged code update is needed, expected it sooner and big one will be before Xmas.

#152 11 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I had a conversation with Borg at Expo and he mentioned a big code drop by Xmas. John is very cool in person without a crowd around him. He acknowledged code update is needed, expected it sooner and big one will be before Xmas.

That's good to hear the designer acknowledges an update is needed.

#153 11 years ago

With all of the hype of the ACDC code refinements I hope they give Xmen the same treatment. Other than difficulty/scoring/sound tweaks the game needs another layer to the rules. Something like the VIP passes in ACDC.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I look at it like this. There are 2 shots that hold the ball for any amount of time on SM and one can be double flipped to skip the animation and get the ball back in play. Xmen has 3 shots and a outter loop shot that the pops kill the direct return to the flippers.

Xmen does have 2 very interesting flowing shots you don't see too often though. The left ramp into the inside of cabinet wall and the iceman ramp return over the left Inlane plastic were very satisfying shots. (:

There's also the lovely shot of iceman ramp to SDTM when it's in the middle of moving, or even better, when it gets stuck halfway. Nice satisfying clunk as it smacks the apron too.

#155 11 years ago

Flow is fine IMO, much more challenging to get into a flow than other games for sure but really satisfying and fast as hell when you pull it off. It doesn't have two ramps you can hit over and over but does allow for a cyclops to storm to iceman ramp getting the ball moving from side to side pretty quickly. I was never a big fan of the moving Ramp on the LE doesn't look as clean being metal and has limited wow factor IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.