I won't comment on the things most people commented on, but I am noticing a couple things no one else mentioned so far that I saw:
1) Coil pulse power is greatly reduced. I first noticed it on the kickout. This didnt slam the ball into the left flipper as hard and I can easily stop the ball on either flipper now from the kickout of the blackbird. Flipper strength is slightly reduced, and slingshot strength is slightly reduced. I really appreciate the slingshot strength being reduced. This doesn't send near as many balls to the right outlane. I am guessing that previously, the "normal pulse power" setting was being ignored and it was set to some high setting.
2) In general, ball is much easier to control. This is partly due to every coil being less strong. But also the magnets aren't throwing it around as much. Wolverine magnet only fires when needed. This is much better in my opinion. My guess is the magneto magnet won't be over heating any longer.
3) Night crawler does jiggle before moving, but sometimes chooses not to move (stays put). So I think the algorithm for Night crawler is something like: Hold for N seconds, jiggle, generate random number between 0 or 1 and if 0 go left, 1 go right. It's pretty cool.
4) The game ball times are now long. Somewhere along the lines of batman dark knight long or monster bash long or transformers long. I played two games after the update and scored ~ 35 mil on each and played for over 20 mins each. This won't be your best 2 player game. I have my pitch set to about 8. I don't think opening up the outlanes or shortening the ball time is an option here either. While the ball times are long, I haven't even gotten nearly half way to completing the game. So, it's required to have long ball times to finish this game. I don't see any way around this. I think it may make the game more approachable to newer players. I hope I don't tire of the game faster because of this, though. We will see.
5) Everything in the game feels more polished now. The game feels complete. The only indication that the game is not complete is that the xmen diagnostics menu only has one option that's not labeled.