7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 155 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 7 years ago

Dug MNpinball is rarely rarely wrong, I can personally vouche he has correctly predicted the last 4 stern releases months and months before stern have announced anything or posted a stupid tease on their facebook page. On this occasion I imagine Borg himself maybe was happy with the code and for once instead of Stern having last minute hiccups everything was satisfactory so rolled the update out early, how anyone can complain about an early update is nuts! Jason is a class act and from my experience a top guy who's passion for pinball is hard to match, I like alot of others appreciate the inside info he is allowed to leak for us.

Btw Jason what's your crystal pinball telling you is next? Do I need to start saving for Avengers?

#52 7 years ago

Where the heck is that ignore button...

#53 7 years ago

OK here's what I've noticed already!!!

-Modes open from start! YES!
-Wolverine mode is now Weapon X Multiball...this is F'ing SICK! The DMD is Wolverine's POV, moving through the facility to escape and killing dudes as you hit the shots!!!
-Blackbird sequence is sped up...prizes cycling is removed...now it's just the jet taking off and your prize revealed
-New music for Villain select
-Brotherhood & Hellfire aren't options anymore until you actually get all the target hits
-Omega Red mode improved - next shot instantly lights instead of waiting for the DMD animation
-New music for high scores and Game Over
-Colossus now grunts when throwing the Sentinel head
-SCORING FIXED lol
-Sabertooth mode now changes the Iceman ramp from left to right as you hit Wolvie to change the shots from left to right
-Cyclops no longer says "Shoot Cyclops 9 times" ...I think you just have to do the Cyclops/Storm combo to complete
-Dunno if this is a bug, but I finished Xavier without even knowingly doing anything...apparently I collected Mystique somehow and it was over lol
-Nightcrawler now used in modes!!! I started Rogue, NC popped up...I hit him and Rogue stole his BAMF-ing power!!!
-Beast now has voice calls!!! The actor kinda sucks, but hey...its something lol
-Each Hero takes 2 shots to start now

Right off the bat, the game is SOOOO much better. With the modes open and a bit easier to finish, it's now just mode-city and just makes the game ooze with personality, not just Magneto's.

OK, back for more!!!

Post edited by Rarehero : More stuff!

#54 7 years ago

The link to the pro code is broken.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Dug MNpinball is rarely rarely wrong, I can personally vouche he has correctly predicted the last 4 stern releases months and months before stern have announced anything or posted a stupid tease on their facebook page. On this occasion I imagine Borg himself maybe was happy with the code and for once instead of Stern having last minute hiccups everything was satisfactory so rolled the update out early, how anyone can complain about an early update is nuts! Jason is a class act and from my experience a top guy who's passion for pinball is hard to match, I like alot of others appreciate the inside info he is allowed to leak for us.
Btw Jason what's your crystal pinball telling you is next? Do I need to start saving for Avengers?

I only know what I have seen on the hugh X-Men thread. I have pointed out specific examples and that's really all I care to do. I prefer to leave the name calling and ignoring to other. I may have a poor outlook on his info because I was expecting insider info to be a bit more accurate. Maybe a lot of the X-Men info was changed or not added yet, but it seems like a pretty sketchy record as far as this game goes.

This thread and it's original post info is a perfect example. It's not like I'm complaining or not happy about the update...it's just not what I heard from an "insider" on the internet.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Wolverine mode is now Weapon X Multiball...this is F'ing SICK! The DMD is Wolverine's POV, moving through the facility to Escape and killing dudes as you hit the shots!!!
-Blackbird sequence is sped up...prizes cycling is removed...now it's just the jet taking off and your prize revealed
-Brotherhood & Hellfire aren't options anymore until you actually get all the target hits
-Omega Red mode improved - next shot instantly lights instead of waiting for the DMD animation
-SCORING FIXED lol
-Sabertooth mode now changes the Iceman ramp from left to right as you hit Wolvie to change the shots from left to right
-Cyclops no longer says "Shoot Cyclops 9 times" ...I think you just have to do the Cyclops/Storm combo to complete
-Dunno if this is a bug, but I finished Xavier without even knowingly doing anything...apparently I collected Mystique somehow and it was over lol
Right off the bat, the game is SOOOO much better. With the modes open and a bit easier to finish, it's now just mode-city and just makes the game ooze with personality, not just Magneto's.
OK, back for more!!!

Just updated mine, and it's tottttttalllllly awesome! I only noticed about half of those things, but it was a short game. It's a completely different game now, gonna jump back in it!

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

The link to the pro code is broken.

You have a pro?

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

You have a pro?

No, it's the one at Pacific Pinball Museum. I was going to update it.

#59 7 years ago

quick, how do i get this to upload? I plugged in the flash drive, what's next? Is there a menu or do i have to turn it off and then boot it up?

#60 7 years ago

Congrats to you guys with the X-Men pins! It looks as if Stern has really released a great software update. I hope this is a sign that good things are also in store for those of us waiting on the updated AC/DC code!

#61 7 years ago

Where is your direction sheet that came with the game?
Open back box and toggle off switch 8. Hit white reset button. Open door and select update. Insert USB. Finish and reset.

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-Wolverine mode is now Weapon X Multiball...this is F'ing SICK! The DMD is Wolverine's POV, moving through the facility to Escape and killing dudes as you hit the shots!!!
-SCORING FIXED lol
-Nightcrawler now used in modes!!! I started Rogue, NC popped up...I hit him and Rogue stole his BAMF-ing power!!!
-Beast now has voice calls!!! The actor kinda sucks, but hey...its something lol
OK, back for more!!!

Sweet dude!
Thanks for the rundown. I'm away from my game until Monday so this is great to hear.

Anything with regards to awarding blackbird rollovers on the iceman ramp in the right position?

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Anything with regards to awarding blackbird rollovers on the iceman ramp in the right position?

It still doesn't.

#65 7 years ago

Found the instructions, thanks! updating right now!!

#66 7 years ago

Best to keep that right in the door of one of your games. I always forget but love that they give us that one pager. My only problems were transferring to the usb and the game seeing it but I have a mac.

#67 7 years ago

Extra ball seems to light frequently...not sure 100%, but I think it lights after you start your 5th mode.

#68 7 years ago

Sweet. Nothing better than going out of town for a few days and coming back and having this be the first thread I see!!!!!

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah...this makes a lot of sense. HE'S WRONG AGAIN and you are somehow throwing that in my face.?! He just made this thread to "announce" that the update would be here Friday or Monday. It's here NOW (Wednesday) and you somehow take to mean he was right again?

He just reports what his contact(s) at stern report. It doesn't mean stern folks don't change their minds. Consider this. Stern finishes the update a few days ago and sends it to Marvel for licensing approval. They say "give us a week" or "we will have the ok by Friday sometime" then they come back today with the ok. Stern doesn't hold it and releases it.

I, for one, appreciate everything mnpinball says here. He was spot on telling us about xmen before it was announced and what it would contain.

#70 7 years ago

Someone please do another gameplay video with the new code.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

He just reports what his contact(s) at stern report. It doesn't mean stern folks don't change their minds. Consider this. Stern finishes the update a few days ago and sends it to Marvel for licensing approval. They say "give us a week" or "we will have the ok by Friday sometime" then they come back today with the ok. Stern doesn't hold it and releases it.
I, for one, appreciate everything mnpinball says here. He was spot on telling us about xmen before it was announced and what it would contain.

Agreed.
Anyone who works in any sort of business knows that dates are always in flux... especially when multiple levels of approvals are required.

Speaking of which, I have enough grief in the workplace and can't imagine why people come onto a public forum for something as fun and escapist as pinball and choose to spew nothing but negativity.

If I'm unhappy with a game, I sell it. I don't spend pages and pages ranting about it and pissing off those who enjoy it or berating those who bring knowledge and information to these forums. Nuff said.

#72 7 years ago

Well the new code makes the game a whole new animal. Now for a night of figuring out all the changes.

#73 7 years ago

Looks like Wolverine now disables a bit during modes he isn't a part of. That is he won't always toss your ball around when hit which is very nice. Seemed like he always did that no matter what was going on.

#74 7 years ago

Can someone put a video up of weapon x multiball? Big thanks!

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-SCORING FIXED lol
OK, back for more!!!

It's pretty damn impressive, I can tell you that!

(too many threads going on this)

Let me just say publicly that I have to eat some serious crow: I had posted several times that I was sure that the first update would *not* be a major one, and that things like starting Magneto MB before starting the other modes would not be changed.

I was obviously *very* wrong, and you were right to be optimistic about people at Stern listening to us.

I also complained about how long it was taking to get the updated code out. Well now that I have seen the major changes that they made (and I'm sure I haven't even seen/heard all of it yet) I'm actually impressed that they got it done as fast as they did!

Now I still think they could have got just a quick scoring fix out sooner, but even that wouldn't have mattered that much since the game is completely different now.

The pin is already a lot more fun than it was, and I suspect it will only get better the more I play it.

There will be a lot more strategy to the game the way it is now vs before. I look forward to trying to figure out some of the best strategy for maximizing scoring and getting through the modes with stacking.

#76 7 years ago

Okay the code is a major improvement. There still are issues to resolve though they are very acceptable and will be fixed. The game play is now improved and very enjoyable to play. I am now optimistic that this will be a top 10-20 game with a few more tweaks and a newly designed Wolverine for us LE owners (I hope)

The negatives are Beast mode is kinda lame. - Who cares right now they can tune that up

Magneto locks have some flaws as it drops balls for modes instead of keeping them locked. I got a couple of 2 ball modes that should have been 1 ball because of the Magneto locks not working 100%

Flaws right now seem pretty minor. I can certainly live with this and let Stern continue to improve this. I need to now figure out the rules as it seems easy to start modes and very difficult to complete them

The code is really night and day different. My hope is they will make it just a little bit harder to start modes maybe 3 shots instead of 2 to make the game flow a bit better. I also hope weapon X multi ball is a bit harder to start maybe require 5-6 shots to start it.

Man this is very positive as the new software is so much better.

#77 7 years ago

The only issue I still have is that Magneto drops 2 balls when trying to only release 1, pretty regularly. They need to develop a fix, that might require hardware.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The only issue I still have is that Magneto drops 2 balls when trying to only release 1, pretty regularly. They need to develop a fix, that might require hardware.

I've had this happen too. It seems like when it was usually when I hit "add-a-ball" while in a mode and the game didn't have one in the trough to give out.

I wouldn't think it is a hardware problem because when playing multiplayer on the 1.1 code it seemed to release just 1 out of the lock area fine. My guess is just "off" timing in the code.

I don't understand the movement of the Iceman ramp at all. I have had it go back and forth in both Magneto Multiball and Iceman mode (meaning it went back to it's home position in the middle of the mode).

I also see that hero modes can be restarted (or so the DMD says) even after you have beaten them. I think there is enough to do in the game without replaying beaten modes.

No villain progress is saved. I was really hoping for that one.

#79 7 years ago

Glad there's no villain progress. Sounds like the game would be too easy other wise. The fact that you can stack modes makes up for it. Have they done anything with the magnet? Does anyone notice magneto magnet no longer cuts off after long games (overheat)?

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah this happens more now that you have to qualify the lock...if you don't have lock lit, and lock through Rogue, it can spit out two balls. How steep is your game? My theory is they programmed the timing of this release to work with 6.5 degree pitch. Mine's a bit steeper (top of the bubble is touching the top line)....so - if the ball is rolling out faster than the game anticipates, it won't catch it. I think they might have to include some 'steepness options' with different timing for that lock.

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are too many threads on this one topic, but here it is in this thread...just DMD footage, it's my iPhone balanced on my lockdown bar hehe

#82 7 years ago

Another thing I noticed is that when you scroll through the menu to pick a villain, Brotherhood and Hellfire will not show up if they aren't qualified (they used to show up and tell you to complete them first).

Quoted from gambit3113:

Yep, this is still happening to me as well.

Quoted from markmon:

Glad there's no villain progress. Sounds like the game would be too easy other wise. The fact that you can stack modes makes up for it. Have they done anything with the magnet? Does anyone notice magneto magnet no longer cuts off after long games (overheat)?

Definitely agree with this!

The game is now beatable as it is. Everyone was saying that they would *never* see the wizard mode on this game. That isn't the case now.

#83 7 years ago

I'm very happy with the gameplay now. Thanks for a speedy & comprehensive update Stern. A few minor Tweens left and this game will continue to be a definiate keeper.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Okay the code is a major improvement. There still are issues to resolve though they are very acceptable and will be fixed. The game play is now improved and very enjoyable to play. I am now optimistic that this will be a top 10-20 game with a few more tweaks and a newly designed Wolverine for us LE owners (I hope)
The negatives are Beast mode is kinda lame. - Who cares right now they can tune that up
Magneto locks have some flaws as it drops balls for modes instead of keeping them locked. I got a couple of 2 ball modes that should have been 1 ball because of the Magneto locks not working 100%
Flaws right now seem pretty minor. I can certainly live with this and let Stern continue to improve this. I need to now figure out the rules as it seems easy to start modes and very difficult to complete them
The code is really night and day different. My hope is they will make it just a little bit harder to start modes maybe 3 shots instead of 2 to make the game flow a bit better. I also hope weapon X multi ball is a bit harder to start maybe require 5-6 shots to start it.
Man this is very positive as the new software is so much better.

do you have your game set on default settings ? if you set your game adjustments to HARD i think that would make a differance for ya..

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Another thing I noticed is that when you scroll through the menu to pick a villain, Brotherhood and Hellfire will not show up if they aren't qualified (they used to show up and tell you to complete them first).
Yep, this is still happening to me as well.
Definitely agree with this!
The game is now beatable as it is. Everyone was saying that they would *never* see the wizard mode on this game. That isn't the case now.

I hope they didnt make it TOO easy.. ?

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Quoted from Crash:

Someone please do another gameplay video with the new code.

I'm getting ready to post it in the main X-Men thread. Youtube uploader says that I have 30 minutes to go.

I've got good footage of Weapon X Multiball, the improved Storm Mode, and some other nifty stuff.

I'm okay with the Iceman ramp NOT awarding a rollover, since the Blackbird scoop does this now. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Pete

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I hope they didnt make it TOO easy.. ?

No way dude, there are still so many modes....you just get to see a lot more of them per game now, which is super fun!

Basically, the hero modes are kinda easy...and the Villain modes are pretty tough. I like this set up...it seems as though Danger Room would be the reasonable wizard mode to get to...and Dark Phoenix would be the one for expert players!

I didn't mess around w/ the options, but I took a look and it seems like you can change difficulty levels and time allowed for each mode. So, if you find it too easy you can tweak it to your liking.

I'm finding the defaults to be very enjoyable & challenging!

#88 7 years ago

New code video I shot a few hours ago... Enjoy!! This game is like a totally different pin now. This code is super fun, I'm loving it!!

#89 7 years ago

Bah, I can't find my USB stick. Probably in the bottom of some random box. Can I just hook my PC up to it via USB cable? Or maybe a camera?

#90 7 years ago

I won't comment on the things most people commented on, but I am noticing a couple things no one else mentioned so far that I saw:

1) Coil pulse power is greatly reduced. I first noticed it on the kickout. This didnt slam the ball into the left flipper as hard and I can easily stop the ball on either flipper now from the kickout of the blackbird. Flipper strength is slightly reduced, and slingshot strength is slightly reduced. I really appreciate the slingshot strength being reduced. This doesn't send near as many balls to the right outlane. I am guessing that previously, the "normal pulse power" setting was being ignored and it was set to some high setting.

2) In general, ball is much easier to control. This is partly due to every coil being less strong. But also the magnets aren't throwing it around as much. Wolverine magnet only fires when needed. This is much better in my opinion. My guess is the magneto magnet won't be over heating any longer.

3) Night crawler does jiggle before moving, but sometimes chooses not to move (stays put). So I think the algorithm for Night crawler is something like: Hold for N seconds, jiggle, generate random number between 0 or 1 and if 0 go left, 1 go right. It's pretty cool.

4) The game ball times are now long. Somewhere along the lines of batman dark knight long or monster bash long or transformers long. I played two games after the update and scored ~ 35 mil on each and played for over 20 mins each. This won't be your best 2 player game. I have my pitch set to about 8. I don't think opening up the outlanes or shortening the ball time is an option here either. While the ball times are long, I haven't even gotten nearly half way to completing the game. So, it's required to have long ball times to finish this game. I don't see any way around this. I think it may make the game more approachable to newer players. I hope I don't tire of the game faster because of this, though. We will see.

5) Everything in the game feels more polished now. The game feels complete. The only indication that the game is not complete is that the xmen diagnostics menu only has one option that's not labeled.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Bah, I can't find my USB stick. Probably in the bottom of some random box. Can I just hook my PC up to it via USB cable? Or maybe a camera?

Haha no. Go to your local store and get a cheap USB stick and format it one partition fat32.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

While the ball times are long, I haven't even gotten nearly half way to completing the game. So, it's required to have long ball times to finish this game. I don't see any way around this. I think it may make the game more approachable to newer players. I hope I don't tire of the game faster because of this, though. We will see.

Yeah, it's definitely not a Tron or IM style kick-your-ass fast game....but it works. With the amount of content in this game, it doesn't lend itself to being a short ball time game. I really think the people who haven't liked the recent Sterns and yearn for TSPP & LOTR style depth will REALLY like this game! ...yet it flows in a way that's killer and totally different than those two.

#93 7 years ago

HELL YES!!! This game is awesome sauce now!

Quoted from SealClubber:

You're welcome to come grab my thumb drive Sealclubber. I know it's like a 30 min drive, but it's already on there and ready to go for you.

#94 7 years ago

I also noticed the reduced power on the kick outs, I like it a lot better I can finally control the ball better and start aiming shots rather than just hope it doesn't drain or fly off. The game does seem very polished in all aspects now. Thumbs up !

#95 7 years ago

LOL Digging thru boxes. If I can't find one soon I will make a run to Wallyworld.

#96 7 years ago

Anyone figure out what the bonus multiplier shot is? I have only found it through the Blackbird Award.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No way dude, there are still so many modes....you just get to see a lot more of them per game now, which is super fun!
Basically, the hero modes are kinda easy...and the Villain modes are pretty tough. I like this set up...it seems as though Danger Room would be the reasonable wizard mode to get to...and Dark Phoenix would be the one for expert players!
I didn't mess around w/ the options, but I took a look and it seems like you can change difficulty levels and time allowed for each mode. So, if you find it too easy you can tweak it to your liking.
I'm finding the defaults to be very enjoyable & challenging!

Good to hear, as i am picking mine up Friday....

I played the shit outta the one at CAX, on the crap code...and still loved it....

I think i will be jacking the pitch a bit and seting coil pulse to HARD...

and see how i like that....

the one at CAX seemed pretty fast to me... i would like it to stay like that..

thanks Greg..

#98 7 years ago

It seems like the Magneto multiball start magnet disc grab start works better.

#99 7 years ago

I was initially wanting short-ish ball times with this game, but with the trade-off being deep and numerous modes, I can't be too disappointed.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

5) Everything in the game feels more polished now. The game feels complete. The only indication that the game is not complete is that the xmen diagnostics menu only has one option that's not labeled.

That test runs the Iceman ramp and shows when each of it's 2 switches are activated. All of that could have already been tested in the coil test or the switch test, but it's nice to have it all there on 1 screen without the need to flip back and forth.

I would also think that giving each Nightcrawler a test like that would be helpful is diagnosing problems (bad switch, switch too sensitive, ect...).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lizella, GA
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside