View topic image gallery

Power_Pack_Vol_1_12.jpg
Deadpool.jpg
hope.gif
mojo.jpg
saber.jpg
DarkPhoenix2.jpg
DarkPhoenix.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiveSixPyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#215 10 years ago

Their internet presence is a joke. While I understand a company can't let their walls be filled with complaints they just delete those posts without sending a private message to the customer about how they can help resolve their issue.

To be honest whoever(assuming it's one or two people) does their social media updates and moderation should be fired. When customers complain that they won't purchase a machine they would like to because of this whole debacle. Papa TV did better marketing in 1 day on reddit. I want this company to do well. This whole X-men thing was just something that can not be ignored. READ THIS STERN PLEASE!

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If I remember correctly the facebook page was set up by Gary's daughter... so, suggesting the person be fired may not go over very well.

That actually makes sense. Now I understand why that person keeps their job. What is Stern going to do give her a promotion if we trash the Stern FB page? I already know that posts don't get deleted until she asks daddy how important the person was who posted it.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Stern would be stupid to say they when are going to put out the code before they actually do so, even if it is the same day. Something could go wrong and make them put it out tomorrow or the next day, etc.. Then everyone would be bitching that they lied. Some people would be bitching that they didn't put it out at X o'clock like they were expecting them to. Blah blah blah. It will be out when it is out.

I personally don't think they're liars. I think that they just don't communicate very well. I do agree that posting a date before it's actually uploaded is probably not a good idea. People just tend to learn from their personal history and X-men made many customers not happy after their experience. That is all.

#356 10 years ago

Ahhh Crap, I was just playing X-men.... I guess I'll have to wait until I can get home again. I guess It's time to rewind this thread and catch up. I really hope this update delivers (about to read pages 6-8 now).

Never mind.... Should have read first. I guess it's just tradition to be teased. I am actually enjoying this more than the cringe subreddit.

#358 10 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

(First Post!)
Throwing my .02 in here: I work in the software industry and understand the frustration, but you definetly don't want to rush an update. Innocent code changes cause regressions in parts of the system you didn't expect, and you need time to test and live on the GM candidates to feel good about it. As an XMen Pro owner, sure, I am always interested in seeing what's coming next and what can be optimized, but I don't want something half-baked. That said, I am really enjoying the released code right now. Maybe I am not good enough at the game yet to see the issues folks are talking about. Looking forward to getting better, though
Marc

Great first post. I think we all agree on that. It's their PR and cost cutting that has most worried(I think?). Also the constant battle on here between pinball PLAYERS and business men who sometimes PLAY trying to hype or destroy games.

#361 10 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Yeah but you need the people who sometimes play to have their say too otherwise you're only catering to the hardcore pinball market and not those that walk up to a machine on site and put their coin in and have no idea what to do on a game

I think that's another great point looked over often here. Thumbs up! That's why LOTR is awesome and loved. It attracts many walks of life and has newbie fun and while overwhelming it delivers for a while as you discover more things. I honestly think that pinball lost that market since DMD games and video modes. (Not that I've been around this hobby that long) but it seems that some of these games are just hard enough to keep the major players from finishing a game often and easily. I admit it's a very hard task.

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Why don't XM owners start a petition to Stern to have Lyman step in? Sure it's been brought up before, but just bringing it up again. This seems to be the factor that everyone thinks is the quickest way to change the fate of XM.

I think everyone is too confused by the convoluted rhymes and reasons explained in these many threads. I only want a new "leader" in XM if they want to be the "leader". Giving someone a pile of doody that they don't want might not solve anything.

#502 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Fair point about it being a moot point to having a "leader" that doesn't care about the title. However, I think calling the current code a pile of doody is a bit of an exaggeration. The code is fun currently, just needs some polish and tweaks.
EDIT: to clarify, I'm not of the opinion that simply putting Lyman on XM will "save" it. I was merely bringing up a point because I keep seeing pinsiders suggesting it as a solution, or at the very least a slightly vertical move

I enjoy playing XM until I realize that there's this roadblock. It's just frustrating. It's hard to explain, it's just like this empty feeling as if the game has no soul. I can't explain what that is because I am not a programmer or designer. I don't get the same satisfaction out of a good game and I have very little ambition to even try and have one. Over the past few years I've had FT, XM, ST:tng, Nascar, T3, NGG, LOTR, Whirlwind, ACDC premium, Tron, TSPP, FG, SM, and maybe one or two others.. Oh yeah, TDK and 24. XM just has an issue. It's beyond the grass is greener at this point. That's pretty much why I said "pile of doody". heh. Maybe this is just a personal experience or the game "that I can't stand". Time will tell. We all want something good, unless it messes with our profits .

#524 10 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

Same here, I go away for a day and come back to see 40 posts and think there must be an update...but not yet.

That's the part I like. Some members are claiming that some of us that are frustrated have it out for Stern aka Haters. We don't, they hung in there and have some amazing titles. My problem is long term thinking. Cost cutting is necessary and acceptable but in the long run it might not be the best plan. Especially with a new competitor. We all know that discussion so about the code, I feel vindicated because just when you think they will at least reach out to us and provide a minute amount of information they ignore us. I admit they could be dealing with issues in house out of their control. After all these threads that shows important people in this industry/hobby they could at least write a few paragraphs about what's up. Just to let us know they are doing what then can. Game has great shots, but.... consensus seems to disagree with us just being "haters"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FiveSixPyro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update-coming?tu=FiveSixPyro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.