View topic image gallery

Power_Pack_Vol_1_12.jpg
Deadpool.jpg
hope.gif
mojo.jpg
saber.jpg
DarkPhoenix2.jpg
DarkPhoenix.jpg
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Well, no update today. Stern commented on my question today....
STERN PINBALL, INC. wrote: "testing the new code for bugs. You want with or without bugs?"

Ummm. I want my NIB 6,000 + machine without bugs 8 months ago Stern!

#202 10 years ago

I enjoy my XM, but I felt like this Monday. saber.jpgsaber.jpg

#203 10 years ago

And today I feel like this..., but as long as Stern is working on it and listening to Pinside regarding code (DeadPool, Combos, and Xavier/Nightcrawler fix). I'm cool with the wait.

mojo.jpgmojo.jpg

#204 10 years ago

I just hope Stern hits this next update out of the park with solid additions and increasingly diminished bugs. We will probably forget those comments pretty easily if they do that but if they don't ohh boy here we go again.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Between this and Metallica LE posts its very interesting how fast Stern is responding to Pinside posts lately

I can guarantee you that high level Stern employees see what is being said here on Pinside from time to time. It is a good thing to me it shows they care what their fans/current customers and potential customers are thinking.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

You pinsiders are all full of excellent Ideas for the code improvements. I think we should voice our opinions and ideas to STERN in a positive manner .

May be the way the phrasing in your post or e-mail was negative . I use the Sandwich technique on people to get them receptive and get my point across . I start off with a very kiss ass positive comment. Then I ease into my meat and potato's of my Issues and problems. Then in closing I end with a positive remark of some kind. Sandwich technique . Seems to work .

#206 10 years ago

...and in the mean time, nothing like posting about another Metallica update on their facebook page. Whenever that is uploaded it would then bring as many Metallica updates in 5 weeks than X-Men has got in total. and I'm sure none of the Met updates have been the debacle that X-Men LE 1.1 and 1.23 were.

"Lyman or Bust!" should be their new slogan regarding Stern software design.

#207 10 years ago

Not to mention WOZ updates.. Gone from 1.08 to 1.12 in 10 days!! At least they are getting something right that side of pinball...

#208 10 years ago

I believe the code team for XM do not know their ass from a hole in the ground and so are having a hard time making an actual good code for. I am quite displeased with the whole debacle.

#209 10 years ago

LOL, so they ask a group that's had bad buggy code for 10+ months if they'd like an update with bugs or no bugs? If no bugs was even an option I think we would have seen it by now, they are a given and expected from this game especially. What a stupid comment I can see why they took it down.

I'm no where near as pissed as I was all the months before 1.24 came out, but definitely unhappy. I don't have any expectations or hope this game will ever be what I would have liked it to be, based on the layout, art,and skeleton of code when I bought it.

This will be the only game I've ever sold, I'm in no hurry but pretty sure I will sell it sometime after the new year most likely. I doubt I will ever buy a Stern again, definitely I will never buy another NIB from them.

#210 10 years ago

I think its awesome that Stern is continuing to support X-MEN with more code updates. While I don't own the game owners of the game deserve a complete game, and additional updates, due in part to the cost of these machines. It's nice to see Stern stepping it up in the update department over the past several months and it's an easy way to make owners happy and keep coming back as future customers.

#211 10 years ago

Everything on the game is killer EXCEPT the software. The problem is clearly a leadership issue. There is no clear direction this game is going nor has there ever been since day 0. The dots are just amazing. The rules are just borked. They are OK now at best. This game like TF had potential to be a all time AMAZING title.

While the game is OK now it just will never be platinum status unless we get a complete overhaul of how it is. Now many may not agree with that but like TF the game is just a bunch of random puzzle pieces MADE to fit with no real cohesion at all. Xmen was the first game PRO even I have ever bought sight unseen based on theme alone.....NEVER AGAIN!

#212 10 years ago

I was on the phone with someone at Stern today regarding something else. When I half jokingly asked about the Xmen update, they said it's still in work, coming soon, and we should be pleased.

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Everything on the game is killer EXCEPT the software. The problem is clearly a leadership issue. There is no clear direction this game is going nor has there ever been since day 0. The dots are just amazing. The rules are just borked. They are OK now at best. This game like TF had potential to be a all time AMAZING title.
While the game is OK now it just will never be platinum status unless we get a complete overhaul of how it is. Now many may not agree with that but like TF the game is just a bunch of random puzzle pieces MADE to fit with no real cohesion at all. Xmen was the first game PRO even I have ever bought sight unseen based on theme alone.....NEVER AGAIN!

What's the story on this anyway? Did Ropp just let Waison have at it without a plan or did they just want to kick it old school (mode heavy) with the lame rules which seemed to borrow heavily from Pinball FX version, but without all the intriguing nuances. Or are you saying it was Gomez that let this one go astray?

What do you mean by "real cohesion" on TF? Do you mean with the DMD e.g. Judge Dredd's Pursuit Mode? As it sits it has some of the best shot variety and depth in it's modes and multiball has recently been one of Ropp's strong points--I'd even go as far to say he has more depth than Lyman in that department, that is IF it is Ropp's doing and not Lyman's. If anything the biggest issue with TF (and Avengers for that matter) is pacing: not enough up front for the average player and too much tucked away too deep into the game.

#214 10 years ago

I don't dislike the X-Men code at all at this point. I like it's mode-centric nature. I don't think it needs an overhaul or anything like that. It just needs some additions and tweaking. I just can't understand why it takes them 4 months to do on X-Men what takes a week to do on other games.

#215 10 years ago

Their internet presence is a joke. While I understand a company can't let their walls be filled with complaints they just delete those posts without sending a private message to the customer about how they can help resolve their issue.

To be honest whoever(assuming it's one or two people) does their social media updates and moderation should be fired. When customers complain that they won't purchase a machine they would like to because of this whole debacle. Papa TV did better marketing in 1 day on reddit. I want this company to do well. This whole X-men thing was just something that can not be ignored. READ THIS STERN PLEASE!

#216 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I don't dislike the X-Men code at all at this point. I like it's mode-centric nature. I don't think it needs an overhaul or anything like that. It just needs some additions and tweaking. I just can't understand why it takes them 4 months to do on X-Men what takes a week to do on other games.

^^This

I strongly believe it doesn't need a complete overhaul. Individual modes are great. They just need to finish tying it all together.

--Luke

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I was on the phone with someone at Stern today regarding something else. When I half jokingly asked about the Xmen update, they said it's still in work, coming soon, and we should be pleased.

That's what I like to hear.

--Luke

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

So basically the exact same thing they've always said.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Their internet presence is a joke. While I understand a company can't let their walls be filled with complaints they just delete those posts without sending a private message to the customer about how they can help resolve their issue.
To be honest whoever(assuming it's one or two people) does their social media updates and moderation should be fired. When customers complain that they won't purchase a machine they would like to because of this whole debacle. Papa TV did better marketing in 1 day on reddit. I want this company to do well. This whole X-men thing was just something that can not be ignored. READ THIS STERN PLEASE!

If I remember correctly the facebook page was set up by Gary's daughter... so, suggesting the person be fired may not go over very well.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If I remember correctly the facebook page was set up by Gary's daughter... so, suggesting the person be fired may not go over very well.

That actually makes sense. Now I understand why that person keeps their job. What is Stern going to do give her a promotion if we trash the Stern FB page? I already know that posts don't get deleted until she asks daddy how important the person was who posted it.

#221 10 years ago

While PR dept leaves a lot to be desired, sounds harsh to suggest canning someone over a snarky remark. Stern finds a way to shoot themselves in the foot frequently and this is no worse than other instance. I agree there is a lack of cohesive social presence and this is indicative of not having a seasoned leader in charge.

What is interesting is there appears to be no desire to hire for this position and many of their actions tend to lack common sense. I could put someone without experience but a rationale approach to solving problems and responding to criticism and they would do better than what we have seen to date. Hiring a seasoned PR Manager would take that to a new level. Not just to spin situations with pretty words, but to relay honest feedback within the company and to get some solutions, give input on resolving issues and provide answers for public consumption.

#222 10 years ago

XM code updates have been like Schrödinger's cat. Before they're released they're both the worst update ever and the best update ever simultaneously, lol.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Although I do think additions should/need to be made I agree with this sentiment. Current code does not need a total overhaul and the last update was a massive step in the right direction. It was a much needed success for the team working on this project. I hope they build on that success with the next update with great added features and fixed bugs. Good luck to the Stern team working on XM I and others are rooting for you to really make this pin a force to be reckoned with.

#224 10 years ago

Does not need overhaul. It needs integration between heroes and villains. Many have said it many times, many ways. Let's hope many Stern employees or at least a few have heard and listened.

#225 10 years ago

It's Monday, hope springs eternal

#226 10 years ago

Hope is a wonderful yet dangerous thing.

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Hope is a wonderful yet dangerous thing.

hope.gifhope.gif

#228 10 years ago

How about an XMEN update today? Maybe AkumaZeto can find out?

#229 10 years ago

Someone can ask on their FB page, but they are all probably too busy with the MET video today.

#230 10 years ago

Good, I just did. We will see if I get a civil response this time.

#231 10 years ago

Just leave them alone and let them work. It's done when its done as long as they are actively working on it that is all I am asking for.

#232 10 years ago

Stern would be stupid to say they when are going to put out the code before they actually do so, even if it is the same day. Something could go wrong and make them put it out tomorrow or the next day, etc.. Then everyone would be bitching that they lied. Some people would be bitching that they didn't put it out at X o'clock like they were expecting them to. Blah blah blah. It will be out when it is out.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Stern would be stupid to say they when are going to put out the code before they actually do so, even if it is the same day. Something could go wrong and make them put it out tomorrow or the next day, etc.. Then everyone would be bitching that they lied. Some people would be bitching that they didn't put it out at X o'clock like they were expecting them to. Blah blah blah. It will be out when it is out.

I personally don't think they're liars. I think that they just don't communicate very well. I do agree that posting a date before it's actually uploaded is probably not a good idea. People just tend to learn from their personal history and X-men made many customers not happy after their experience. That is all.

#234 10 years ago

i'd say x-men owners will have something good to look forward to if the update can match the effort stern is putting into tallica. maybe i've been staring too long at the hopenosis gif but fingers crossed for a cool update

#235 10 years ago

I finally made it Danger Room last night with the current code. Didn't make it past the first screen, though. Yeah...I'm not very good.

That's it...nothing code related. Just thought I'd break up the wait a little.

--Luke

#236 10 years ago

Good, I just did. We will see if I get a civil response this time.

You'll probably just get banned instead like I did...

#237 10 years ago

So ... never had this happen before wanted to see if you guys have.

Was just downstairs playing my le. I beat magneto hit the super-jackpot and boom danger room lights.

I was my first mag multiball of the game ball one with 2 heroes beat.....

Anyone else had this happen ?

I have been to danger room before but only by beating all the heroes. It did not light the other times I have beat magneto.

#238 10 years ago

I beat Magneto yesterday on my LE for the first time and I did not get Danger Room lit. Do you have heroes stacked by any chance? I hear stacking heroes with heroes changes things up a bit in regards to Danger Room.

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

So ... never had this happen before wanted to see if you guys have.
Was just downstairs playing my le. I beat magneto hit the super-jackpot and boom danger room lights.
I was my first mag multiball of the game ball one with 2 heroes beat.....
Anyone else had this happen ?
I have been to danger room before but only by beating all the heroes. It did not light the other times I have beat magneto.

I believe you only have to beat all heroes if you have stacking on. Stacking off, you have to start each hero and collect Magneto SJP.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I believe you only have to beat all heroes if you have stacking on. Stacking off, you have to start each hero and collect Magneto SJP.

Errr...the other way around.

--Luke

#241 10 years ago

There was a tread and people were talking about the Danger Room requirements on the Pro. It was finally decided:

Stacking on: Start all hero modes and get a Mags super jackpot.

Stacking off: Beat all hero modes.

#242 10 years ago

Similar to a metallica thread...

"Any word on XMEN CODE? Its been over 12 weeks"

Hell its now been in in-house beta testing for 2 weeks. Anyone hearing anything????

#243 10 years ago

In case they said to themselves "when that pinside code update thread gets to 243, we'll put it up"

Anyone else treating this as a make/break release for selling it? I got close with the "bad" release. Keep seeing some games like nice STTNG for sale locally that temps me now ahead of it.

#244 10 years ago

I'm like a kid at Christmas time with this update, the wait is torture!

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from Kingoftron:

I'm like a kid at Christmas time with this update, the wait is torture!

Considering the Christmas update was a bit...umm... untested, lets think of this as the real Christmas update... Christmas in June!

#246 10 years ago

How about an XMEN update today? Maybe AkumaZeto can find out?

Sorry due to constant pinside hate I wont be passing info along anymore. *GIANT FLAME SUIT ON!*

#247 10 years ago

Feel free to PM me. I personally appreciate your info.

#248 10 years ago

AkumaZeto. I'm sure you don't mean no harm, but dude every time I check on pinside for the release, I feel like someone kicked me in the nutz.
**ps... While we wait for code and if a Stern employee is reading this, could you mention to Waison to include a MIdnight MoJO MayHem( like midnight madness) with an opposite flipper switch up mode. Thanks! Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, do to the waiting already.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Sorry due to constant pinside hate I wont be passing info along anymore. *GIANT FLAME SUIT ON!*

Well, that's too bad. I enjoyed your updates.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

AkumaZeto. I'm sure you don't mean no harm, but dude every time I check on pinside for the release, I feel like someone kicked me in the nutz.

^^This.

Akuma...I enjoy your updates and all, but you did say like three weeks ago that it was coming out that week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 547 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update-coming/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.