(Topic ID: 22043)

X-Men code update

By mnpinball

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 11 years ago

Word from the Stern camp is X-Men code hits this Friday, but if by chance there is a hiccup it will be Monday. Word !

#2 11 years ago

I hope AC/DC will be this week.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

I hope AC/DC will be this week.

No AC/DC until after PAPA.

#4 11 years ago

Keepin my fingers crossed.

#5 11 years ago

So your pretty sure it will happen late next week?

#6 11 years ago

Hoping for Friday, expecting next month!

#7 11 years ago

Great news

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hoping for Friday, expecting next month!

Nah next month the hype machine for the next pinball game begins. Maybe Stern will raise the price some more to compensate for all the lost revenue from QC issues

#9 11 years ago

Borg keep testing the software and get it out! I want to play the new code weapon X multi-ball time!

#10 11 years ago

I'm sure we'll have it by Monday (fingers crossed and prayers sent!)

#11 11 years ago

And for those that were wondering, here are the patch notes:

-fixed scoring

#12 11 years ago

That's it?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And for those that were wondering, here are the patch notes:

-fixed scoring

#14 11 years ago

I would bet on Monday or mid next week. When is papa?

#15 11 years ago

He's being facetious, but who could blame him?

There will be more than just fixed scoring in this update.

#16 11 years ago

Word from the Stern camp is X-Men code hits this Friday, but if by chance there is a hiccup it will be Monday. Word !

MNPinball - I apprieciate the update but why does the word always have to come through you? Why do they have a website and a worthless facebook page? Can they ever post any news on them?

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

MNPinball - I apprieciate the update but why does the word always have to come through you? Why do they have a website and a worthless facebook page? Can they ever post any news on them?

Plausible deniability if they miss Friday and Monday (and the following Friday).

#18 11 years ago

MNPinball

- Thanks for the info.

I'm stumped on why it has to come from you. Without your post though we would have no idea. Again Stern - this is not cool.

Stern - you should have a rep on the forums to help settle us down. I for one am not happy with X-men LE and the way Stern is handling it. It certainly would not hurt to keep us owners up to date and show a little class in solving our problems

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm stumped on why it has to come from you. Without your post though we would have no idea. Again Stern - this is not cool.

riiiight i told you last night in the xmen thread.

Trust me on this Hank shut up a little you get more things with honey than bitter anger. I speak from experiences with Stern. Any of these guys can tell you that. Stern made things right for me but only after i stopped ww3 against them.

#20 11 years ago

My question is why does anyone believe anything MNPinball says?

He was the one that said "Early next week" for the past 3 weeks (this one would be the 4th I believe if it isn't out by Friday). He was also the one who said biggest sound package on a pinball machine ever! It's using the AC/DC boards. It's ALL custom music and speech. The same voice actors from the Wolverine and the X-Men animated series.

All of these things have been false. I honestly can't think of one X-Men "scoop" that he has had that has been true. If he really does get his info from someone at Stern, I'm pretty sure they are just messing with him to see how much he will actually believe and run off to give his "insider info" to others. If you believe anything he says...I'd say at this point...the joke is on you.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

He was the first one to break the news that the next release was X-men when everybody thought it would be Avengers.

He has also been right on telling each new pin after the other for the past 3 years. So, that is why people tend to listen to what he says. Even though not everything he says has happened, he is more right than wrong.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

riiiight i told you last night in the xmen thread.
Trust me on this Hank shut up a little you get more things with honey than bitter anger. I speak from experiences with Stern. Any of these guys can tell you that. Stern made things right for me but only after i stopped ww3 against them.

I hear you. Its tough when the game just sits. I play it though I really do not enjoy it without the scoring working. I guess spending this kind of $ is too much for me to handle. I am very happy with AC/DC LE. Thought X-men would be right up there with that game. I also love Tron and regret not getting the LE on that game. So lesson learned and I will not be buying another LE from Stern unless they get things sorted on X-men LE to my satisfaction.

As of now that involves a redesigned Wolverine Toy. I know we will get a code update so I'm just impatient on that front. Still not sure how it left the factory with all of these problems.

#23 11 years ago

The guy owns 91 machines, I am sure he has a connection somehow.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

He was the one that said "Early next week" for the past 3 weeks (this one would be the 4th I believe if it isn't out by Friday). He was also the one who said biggest sound package on a pinball machine ever! It's using the AC/DC boards. It's ALL custom music and speech. The same voice actors from the Wolverine and the X-Men animated series.
All of these things have been false. I honestly can't think of one X-Men "scoop" that he has had that has been true. If he really does get his info from someone at Stern, I'm pretty sure they are just messing with him to see how much he will actually believe and run off to give his "insider info" to others. If you believe anything he says...I'd say at this point...the joke is on you.

This seems uncalled for, and frankly, quite rude.

Nobody is right all the time, but his success rate is pretty dang good. He correctly stated the game was XMen when everyone was so sure it was Avengers. He said it wasn't movie based, and everyone said he was nuts. He said it would have three flippers, custom molded toys, directional VUK, captive balls, two magnets, and multiple ball interaction toys FOUR MONTHS before the game was even ANNOUNCED. He nailed custom dots and speech, and the movable ramp, too.

So, you want to complain when he's off a week or two on predicting a code update? You want to insult the rest of us by calling us idiots ("the jokes on you") for trusting his track record?

Unbelievable.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Unbelievable.

DOUCHE BAG AWARD STILL HELD BY DOUG!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I will add my comment that "why does all information have to come from Mnpinball" was not an attack on him. I appreciate all he has done and glad someone is trying to get information. So I give him Kudos. It was more for Stern to use some of thier media to spread the word.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Early next week for what ? 4 times ?

Largest sound package yes, every mode and character has it's own tune. Many characters are not even represented with an insert !

Official Marvel X-Men voice actors yup, nothing changed there.
Using the same boards with the 1 extra memory chip, yup at the time of the post it was true months ago. Evidently Gary wanted to use up existing boards and made the change.

DugF you are a troll.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

DugF you are a troll.

Hey its because he like had to sell stuff MAN! to like get the game MAN! BOOOOO! SOB STORY!

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Hey its because he like had to sell stuff MAN! to like get the game MAN! BOOOOO! SOB STORY!

: )

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Nobody is right all the time, but his success rate is pretty dang good. He correctly stated the game was XMen when everyone was so sure it was Avengers. He said it wasn't movie based, and everyone said he was nuts. He said it would have three flippers, custom molded toys, directional VUK, captive balls, two magnets, and multiple ball interaction toys FOUR MONTHS before the game was even ANNOUNCED

So mnpinball, is Avengers next? I would like to know if i have to start saving for it.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

So mnpinball, is Avengers next? I would like to know if i have to start saving for it.

Maybe not

#32 11 years ago

All those in the know said yes a while back......unless there has been a change of heart??

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

All those in the know said yes a while back......unless there has been a change of heart??

There have been last minute rumbling's in the pipe. Someone took a big dump.........

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

There have been last minute rumbling's in the pipe. Someone took a big dump.........

I can't even begin to figure out what that means. How about an unofficial guess.

It sounds like a few months back. Avengers, KISS and Star Trek looked good but now Avengers and KISS are in the tanker. Holy Crap…what are they up to??

#35 11 years ago

Anyone bother to notice?

UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED BITCHES!!!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

UPDATE HAS BEEN POSTED BITCHES!!

In your face doug shit head.

3pm compile time too

#37 11 years ago

V1.2 - August 8, 2012
=======================
- Notes coming soon!

Nooooooooooooooo

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

V1.2 - August 8, 2012
=======================
- Notes coming soon!
Nooooooooooooooo

Who cares at least they released the code.

#39 11 years ago

Uploading now

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Such a tease man

Any chance of a little clarification on the above? Was Avengers up next and now it's not? Who took the big dump?

#41 11 years ago

By the way, Huge props to Stern for busting this out!!

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Who cares at least they released the code.

I'm stuck at work.. so all I have to go on is release notes... !

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

In your face doug shit head.
3pm compile time too

Yeah...this makes a lot of sense. HE'S WRONG AGAIN and you are somehow throwing that in my face.?! He just made this thread to "announce" that the update would be here Friday or Monday. It's here NOW (Wednesday) and you somehow take to mean he was right again?

#45 11 years ago

Way to go STERN!!!!!!!!!

#46 11 years ago

Installing to my game NOW!

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Yeah...this makes a lot of sense. HE'S WRONG AGAIN and you are somehow throwing that in my face.?! He just made this thread to "announce" that the update would be here Friday or Monday. It's here NOW (Wednesday) and you somehow take to mean he was right again?

Yes, I'm disappointed that he is wrong, too. He should apologize, or at the very least we should tell Stern to take the code down until Friday.

Hey, ever think about being happy about things for once? It makes life a lot more enjoyable.

Pete

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Early next week for what ? 4 times ?
Largest sound package yes, every mode and character has it's own tune. Many characters are not even represented with an insert !
Official Marvel X-Men voice actors yup, nothing changed there.
Using the same boards with the 1 extra memory chip, yup at the time of the post it was true months ago. Evidently Gary wanted to use up existing boards and made the change.
DugF you are a troll.

You have said the update would be posted "early next week"...you have posted that for the past 3 weeks (you could also count the above mention of possibly Monday as a 4th week in a row for posting that).

When you posted about the voice actors...you didn't just go with the generic "Official Marvel X-Men voice actors" blurb that is on the Stern release. You said ALL custom voice work by the actors from Wolverine and the X-Men series.

Last but not least is your golden nugget of truth that is this thread: Word from the Stern camp is X-Men code hits this Friday, but if by chance there is a hiccup it will be Monday. Word !

I'm really glad you decided to bless us all with such knowledge about the update. I'm also glad you are WRONG AGAIN and it is posted now (Wednesday). So just keep dropping your "insider info". Maybe you have had a bad track record with X-Men, but it seems way under 50% to me.

I really enjoy pointing out specifics to back my claims and everyone else resorts to name calling.

#49 11 years ago

Did he respond i kill filed him. Pretty sure lots of people will after this episode of lovely xmen tude. its right on the right people on your post ---------IGNORE!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm also glad you are WRONG AGAIN and it is posted now (Wednesday)

Dude, you win the thread already.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.