IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 11 years ago

Anyone notice the speech volume adjustment? Im not sure if this is new or not, but it does nothing. I tried it at 60, and -60 and heard no difference.

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Hmm, so now it only takes one shot to start a Xmen mode? Not sure I will like that.

Not if you set it to Hard. Everyone should set it to hard and play it that way, then form an opinion.

Post edited by PEN : Spelling

#153 11 years ago

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact.shtml

or call 1-800-542-5377. You can also email [email protected] to
report any software problems.

Anything said on this site is a bit of a waste of time, sure some of Sterns people read this but I think we should send all our concerns to the above emails, and or call when you can.

As a side note, I never needed stacking in the game. I liked the way it was except that the game needs combos, and to make Wolv multiball happen less frequently or at least harder to start.

#158 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Something is wrong. I just played another 5 games and the update is awesome. There has to be something related with what I installed tonight.
I'm willing to do whatever it takes to show those how the update works but it's nothing like what I'm reading. Once again, WAY too early to say if it's great or not but complete different from what I am reading. If anyone is near me they are welcome to drop by and play.
I have a camera and I think it does like 8 minutes of video so I can try that.
Rather than read the hate comments I would try and call Stern an figure out if the new chip in the aux board has anything to do with what I am experiencing.
Just too coincidental.
Anyway, back to play a few more games. I will definitely post any issues if I see them like Iceman ramp back in the center, etc.
I'll also pull out my camera to see if I can get some video.

Dude... The problem people have with the code is related to the rules, it has nothing to do with the Aux board.

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

It's a brand new chip in the aux board. Hopefully you don't eat crow. There can't be any other reason on why my game is running different.

No..... this is fun. Tell me how your game is "running different" from our games. I would like a detailed list.

#168 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Normally I don't care about criticism and all but considering this comment I'm going to make an exception. Exactly what gives you the right to say something like this? Because I make a few comments about a pinball I own makes me a moron?

I'm going to definitely say that I'm a real novice at pinball and that I don't know that much. However, there are many things I'm good at and I always thought of Pinside as a great place to go where members helped one another without insulting them.

Anyway, Merry Christmas.

In all fairness Im with you on the being nice tip. Here is the low down. The code tells the aux board what to do and when to do it. Besides that, none of the complaints about the code have anything to do with the features that are driven by the board. Sorry you are upset, Have a great Xmas.

#174 11 years ago
Quoted from Legacy:

Man this is a disappointing thread. Saw on facebook that an update was released so I immediately came here to see what you guys thought. I just got home, was drinking a few at the in-laws. Was real pumped to play but after reading everything in this thread will probably stick with the older version. I am VERY disappointed, but I will continue to have faith in Stern to get this is right.

If I were you I would get a copy of the last update, and the new one. Put the new one in with the settings on hard and try it out. Sometimes the most vocal people are the unhappy ones. You might like the update. I am trying to reserve full judgement until I play more games with the new code as stated (hard and extra hard settings). Some of the complaints are that you can not tell what is going on because of to many heros stacked at once. This could become less of a problem for me as I play it more, and more of an asset. I still think we need combos bad.

#179 11 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

Updated & set to hard. Had the best 3 games ever! Got Nightcrawlers & brotherhood!! Love the update!

That was the of the things I liked about the update. Making Brotherhood more accessible was great. Now if Wolv multi was less accessible I would be more than happy. Im sick of avoiding the Wolv shot and still starting his multi ball. maybe I need to replace him with a tiny standup target. Anyway, that problem could be fixed with the code. Maybe they could give us an option to add as many hits that we want (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, (endless) to start any mode.

#183 11 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

call me crazy, but I think that with this update with Hero stacking, the Wolvie MB is actually welcomed for me. Makes completing and starting modes faster, killing multiple birds with one stone. I don't mind getting it at all anymore.

Crazy I need to play quite a few more games to decide. I did not think the original code was crap though, some would call me crazy. I would have been happy with combos added and bonus multipliers for finishing modes. But, if we only got the update I wanted there would be pissed off people. In all fairness no matter what was done someone would be on pinside hating it at this point.

#184 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'll be vindicated...give it time.

Please quote what you are referring to. Out of context, I have no idea what you mean.

#186 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

hey i am trying to do my first update....followed the instructions...downloaded the link from stern, moved to the usb, put the top switch to on inserted the usb and it doesn't read anything...is it the wrong type of usb or i didn't do something correct...any help would be appreciated

Did you unzip the file so that the machine could see the BIN file?

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I only tried the code with no adjustments to the gameplay via the menu. I don't think the code is a step up "as it was intended to be played", in other words with no adjustments and exactly as the programmer intended.

I feel your pain, but I own a LOTR and I would not consider it a good idea to keep all of the rules at the factory default.

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Ya know the flaw in this theory,,
you should never have to set a game to hard or Xhard to get a game to play ok or good in the first place...
those settings are supposed to make the game harder as you need it it be over time...
hence, i call bullshit on just set it to hard to make the game or update a thumbs up...
they screwed the pooch again, and i am soooo glad i got rid of that game..
again i love the shots on the PF, but hated the theme and the ruleset..
I miss it a whole lot less than i thought i would when i decided to let it go...
there is no logic in, I used the adjustment menu to make the game code OK....
thumbs down to that !...
this version of code sucks, and again they dropped the ball...
they completely fu%K$D the rules up.... instead of blending stuff as they were asked and suggested to
And i'm pretty sure they dont give a shit...

Your opinions are valid. Did you play the new code? Im, only asking because you stated that you sold the game.

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

huh? The settings are there to customize the game to your liking. It's a good thing that they are there. Use them and enjoy the game. Anyone refusing to change them then complaining about the rules that would be changed had they made the settings changes... Well they are causing their own problems and have only themselves to blame

Also valid, some like it easy some like it not so easy. I do not see the point in keeping it factory if I have an option to change it. As I stated in a previous post, I own LOTR and changed the settings to make it harder/different. I would think that most player/collectors do this. I would own a Shrek if I could only get rid of that annoying song, or I would own AC/DC if I could turn it into NOFX.

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I dont have one game in my collection that i have to adjust to hard or Xhard to get the rules to act right...

i can play every game here, all 18, on default and enjoy them...and the rules gel like they should.

when i get too good at them, i can up the anti, to make them more challenging....thats why those settings are there, not to make Waisons code gel together...

that is my point....i understand why you guys are doing it... that i get, but that dosent mean stern did a good job or you guys should have to do it...

Your points would hold a lot more water had you answered my question. Have you played the new code? Everything in pinball is subjective. I have changed the rules from factory on just about every game I have owned. I would also argue that both of the latest versions of code on XMEN are better then 70% of the games you and I have owned currently and in the past.

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I'm glad some people like this dogsh*t update....maybe I can sell my game for $3k lol

Ha! Keep your game, take a deep breath, set it to extra hard, play it some more, wait for more updates, and then sell it for the Hobbit or Metallica.

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I to adjust my settings to hard or extra hard in my games...
But not to make code seem playable...
How can anyone NOT agree that that is F'ed up ?
thats NOT what those adjustments are for, making code playable...
I am 100% familar with the rules, of 1.2...i had the game.... mag LE # 78
sold cause i didnt like the theme... nor did i care to much for the at the time ruleset...
I can read, and wtch the vid posted by one member here, and as i said before, this code update blows...
Wasion did the polar opposite of what pretty much every member here has been discussing all fall...
Stern ie. Waison totaly missed the mark with this update...1.2 was harder for sure but more balanced as far as a ruleset goes...
yes scoring was a mess as well as no villan progression, or ability to stack 1 or 2 heros against a villan, but somewhat solid noe the less..
I see 1.23 as a giant dumpster fire...
Stern is full of QC issues and disappointment on these last 2 releases....
they put too may games out per year and CQ goes right in the shitter...
Tehy prove it time and time again, and this fiasco is NO exception...

Ok... so your saying you have not played 1.22 or 1.23, nor have you played it with the settings changed in any version.

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll give you $3k for it

I will give him $4k plus shipping.

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I will give him $4k plus shipping.

Then I will sell it to Gerry when its back on his wish list.LOL Sorry Gerry, I had to.

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

A quick video for you to look at.. BTW, I set it to flip it, it will take time to proces, in the meantime it will be sideways.
» YouTube video

Im wondering if you have a switch that is not registering. Try the ramp test in the menu.

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

And Pen, yeah, i have played all of the codes up to this point...
My game didnt leave a month ago it left days ago...

Gerry- "I'm not acting as i have, nor did i play it, and i wont for a week or 2. thats if my buddy even is willing to leave 1.23 in after he tries it...

and i dont think he will...

I can read, and watch a vid of play...

I owned the game and know all about it with 1.2...

I dont need to play it to know that the update is super sub standard, and basicaly opposite of what we all were asking for, for months on end..."

Me- ok

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, haven't put this in yet...not sure if I'll just pretend it doesn't exist and be happier.
Quick questions:
Is Beast Voice the same? Figured more people would be thrilled/pissed...no matter what happened.
New quotes? New Animations? Anything interesting to report?
Still not panicking, and certainly not ready to charge the Stern factory with pitchforks and torches (as some of you seem ready to do). I have no reason to be impatient and hyper. Things always turn out okay in the end.
Pete

Beast is the same (I never had a problem with it)

Get a copy of the old code try the new code for a week or so, then decide if the old code is better. That is my plan anyway (set to hard)

#291 11 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Did anyone else have problems downloading the update due to Adobe? Unfortunately my PC automatically updated Adobe a few weeks ago and I have nothing but problems now, and extra screens to click on when playing videos.

I was reading this can be a problem. Uninstall Adobe, because it takes over. Then download it. Hope your feeling better. Merry XMAS

#328 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey guys - I went back to 1.22 and my lock is still acting goofy ...so, lets just say the lock issue probably isn't code related.
If anyone has an idea what PHYSICALLY could be causing my lock to act funny, I'd love to hear some ideas. The switch and 3 optos test fine and the lock has been working fine for a while now...what could be different that causes it to let out 2 or 3 balls now when it should be letting out 1?

Im not positive what your ball lock issue might be, But pinsider Playernumber4 and myself had issues with the lock that were resolved by taking the center lock mech off the machine and examining that the tip of the rollover switch wire was scraping on the white plastic piece closest to the switch. I could see scrap marks on the plastic, so could Playernumber4, I used some side cutters to trim back the rollover. The problem is gone now.

#417 11 years ago
Quoted from detroit_pinball:

Wow, but what about all these awesome posts in this thread....
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/not-another-xm-thread-had-to-you-see-the-problem-is
I took some heat for my review, and yet for all the complainers I still see a lot of 9.8 ratings for this game on the Pinside 100.
Some people just crack me up...
I wonder if people would stop hyping their game, their game would get more attention.
More hype less attention???? I have always asked, "why would Gary want to spend more time and money on a game if the game was averaging a 9.5 review out of the gates from the collector market" ????
Not a statement, just food for thought...
Scott
Detroit Pinball
Merry belated Christmas
good luck to all still holding on to their xmen, trust me I have been there before.
Scott
Detroit Pinball

I agree with you Scott on not hyping a game. I also think a lot of people play a game a few times and denounce it or hype it. You know my feelings about the game, its a good game in my opinion, and I will be keeping it for a while (because all of my games get sold at some point) Over the top hype is as much of a problem with new games as over the top bashing I still think TF sucks, but I keep playing it to see if it changes my mind, because I have had Pins prove me wrong before. Now I find myself doing the opposite with XMEN LE, playing it over and over trying to figure out why others do not like it as I do. In the end some like blondes and some like brunettes. As a side note I like Tron le better, and AC/CD less at this point.

#663 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

mechslave said:
Also, lamp covers on the Gambit jet leds are a must, believe it or not I tried a few and I liked yellow covers the best (there's so much red and blue on the playfield already). Enjoy!

What are these lamp covers you speak of? Link?

#674 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I didn't speak of them. You've misquoted me.

Yeah I copied and pasted incorrectly. Sorry

#675 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

I needed to order a few leds for some other games, so I ordered the pink ones too. I'll try them out.
To the guys asking about lamp covers, seriously? How have you gotten by in pinball without ordering some before?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PFLD-LCOVER
I always thought these looked best covering white leds, nice look.
I'm going to try Greg's pink led suggestion when they arrive and see how they look!

Ahhhh. I thought someone had an interesting add on type cover, like the ones pinbits has for Tron. Nevermind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live?tu=pen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.