IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jespo_19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 11 years ago

make the hero modes tougher/the way it was to start. there won't be the craziness of everything starting at once.its in the adjustments. might want to limit hero stacks to 2 or 3 though, there are lots of great effects,dmd animations etc that go with each hero that are sadly missed. i'd rather have stacking than "one at a time yay dmd/effects hero modes"making a reward for getting the super jackpot in magneto's multiball is a good call, might make more sense to use the magneto super to light dark phoenix though. deadpool can be the "finish all heroes wizard mode" and danger room can be the "started all heroes but didn't complete wizard mode". x-men is moving in the right direction though. i got a magneto multiball and the magnet hauled ass, awesome spinning and holding action, noticeably longer effect. thanks stern
ps keep at it

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I've been against stacking in this game anyways, unless it was 1 hero 1 villain

good idea there, 1 (or 2) heroes and a villian being stacked at once seems like a good spot to draw the line in the sand....

#87 11 years ago

yeah "factory" is medium which i think is a paltry single shot to start hero mode. put mine to "hard" might go to "extra hard" which i think would be three shots each. that way unless someone is either very lucky or plans it out, more than a couple heroes won't be overlapping at once. thanks so much for making the mighty magneto feel important, before he said, "who cares if you get my super jackpot or not, we both know you just want danger room or dark phoenix?!"

now he says, "you must assemble your puny x-men before facing me to attempt any kind of wizard mode muaaaahahahaha" although it really prob should be dark phoenix that magneto effects, just logically as the comics go... just assembling, not completing hero modes should grant access to the danger room. completing should warrant a chance encounter with deadpool

#109 11 years ago

hard or extra hard will make things slightly better for sure, 1 shot heroes was kinda insane! especially wolvie. magneto 3-ball would be a good call as well. loving the added show before multiball!
feel like the game is right on the cusp of greatness, tweaks,tweaks,tweaks. stacking heroes is cool, making them easier is not cool.

someone mentioned having trouble with telling when they have started/completed heroes. at least the first time around flashing=started while solidly lit heroes=finished
second time around all will be flashing (if you completed NONE) so dmd will inform as to when each hero is started again. yeah theres alot going on but look at spiderman, who the hell knows whats going on on the dmd, you just gotta keep stuff as straight as you can in your head or figure out inserts. this is the kind of thing that comes with stacking, lost dmd animations,fx and the like. by increasing the shots per hero (hard/extra hard in settings), generally less heroes will be stacked at once unless someone is either planning it out or super lucky. so that could solve "overstacking issues"

villians are great and improved, especially the hellfire and brotherhood targets A+. maybe put an option when villian is lit at the blackbird scoop to instead collect 500,000 points or a mystery award (fingers crossed for nightcrawler) instead or something paltry, so if someone wants to ignore villians instead of timing out they can and they can continue their feverish pursuit of hero wiz modes.

do something with nightcrawler, the poor guy is never going to see the light of day, maybe make it so if you complete his mode he gets(teleports) another x-men you haven't collected yet. mystery award seems like a good way to start nightcrawler or perhaps if you only have one hero left to collect nightcrawler saves the day for you...

x-men as-is, is a pretty good game, i feel like its so close but it could use some love. don't let this awesome art and pf design be squandered by less than stellar code.

#115 11 years ago

someone also "heard" the update was coming the 21st.
rumors that waison is hard headed are exactly that...rumors.
the guy has laid down a pretty solid foundation so far so i have to respect that. definitely needs either more time or help to finish things up based on this update though.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm still looking at this game and think it's beautiful and plays great.

yes, this is the reason for needed code updates. the game looks fantastic and the shots are really great. the groundwork of hero modes is cool and unique, same with the villians with lifebars and kickass effects, dmd animations and lightshows. thanks for integrating the magneto mulitball super jackpot into the overall objectives. but the other "improvements" could use an experienced hand to implement them properly.

Quoted from Rarehero:

have tried to remain objective and have faith that the right thing will be done. I don't really like to make personal jabs cuz I respect everyone who works hard to create something cool like a pinball machine

many hate/bash reaaaalllly quickly, waison laid down a very unique and really awesome foundation so respect is deserved. for a first pin programmer he seems to have been pretty cool. but it also seems like some help is needed to really put the polish that keefer and lyman are known for into x-men. today's update proved that while x-men owners' beloved or not so beloved waison is keeping the customers in mind, his rather loose interpretation of requests is ugly business indeed.

#321 11 years ago

making the magneto super integrated is AWESOME, good call there for sure. should prob be paired with villians for dark phoneix requirements though, makes more sense. danger room is the perfect mode for starting all heroes but there should be some kind of incentive to finish the hero modes though, getting them all complete should maybe have a big hurryup, like iron man's do or die. starting all the villians should get a deadpool mode/award and finishing them has the already epic dark phoenix. hero stacking is cool with "hard or extra hard settings" but having a big payoff for completion of the heroes would be great. combos too, prob just a couple, cyclops/storm, beast/storm, i don't really care too much about combos personally because with the hero stacking now shots aren't wasted. with these add-ons x-men would be (closer to) perfect =)
overall impressions are positive and i am happy with the update. closer to the finish line but not there right now. keep it up!

#368 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Avengers is miles better than XM code wise. It's a complete game, from everything I can see.

no one likes filthy muties i guess! mutant discrimination i say! those darn lovable avengers get nice shiny code

#457 11 years ago

i had mentioned earlier that there is really no incentive to "complete" all the hero modes, its more worthwhile to stack em' up and get them all flashing for danger room. i think that attaching multipliers/damage to villians to "completed hero" shots would take x-men to a whole new level. how many stern games have had shot multipliers before? alot....it shouldn't be a killer to make it happen.

proposed deadpool "hurry up" award
-complete/finish all hero modes
-and/or start all the villian modes+magneto super jackpot
-awards 3x damage (not points) to villians and points based on how fast you complete deadpool's antics

deadpool always plays both sides of the field in the comics, sometimes helpful sometimes not so helpful (he is a mercenary for hire....) hence his arrival twice, once for completion of heroes and once for starting all villians. this mode could fill in alot of gaps. obviously the 3x damage to villians wouldnot stack if you got the deadpool hurryup twice. the hurryup itself should be something interesting like trying to get both balls on the magnets, or deadpool running around telling you to hit him like a roving shot while the points are counting down. (le owners maybe get some deadpoool on nightcrawler's back animations too, use the blue guy!(not beast, nightcrawler silly!))

that would really give lots of incentive to FINISH hero modes, and also give good reason to start hunting villians. freezing hero timers within villian modes would be another GREAT way to say, "c'mon fight some villians"

leave magneto super jackpot off of the pre-recs for danger room, danger room should just be an award for starting every hero mode. magneto's super should be a pre rec for dark phoenix though.

#462 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Guys I just had a GREAT conversation with Stern. They are Continuing to work on X-Men this is not the end all be all for X-men. More coming. They are listening to your posts.

glad to hear it... there were plenty of posts with suggestions pre "power pack" too and although i think they missed the mark it seems like at least a half-hearted effort was made to try to implement some of our ideas. we said, "stacking" they gave stacking, "easier" was thrown around and "easier" it is. i sent in an email with suggestions for what its worth, i post ideas, hopefully someone sends someone with clout at stern to this thread or similar ones to keep the x-men software train moving forward. glad to hear its still on their menu though, i will flip if wolverine's voice remains for everyone's shots!

#473 11 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

I think the code is in the right direction

+1

#476 11 years ago

just noticed on my game all the lighting changes when selecting villian modes is gone. the lights just stay the same during villian modes and selection. anyone else noticed this?

#479 11 years ago

good points, the best part of what you said is that all the inserts are there already and in position! just use em! the rectangular name inserts should totally be shot/damage multipliers for completing hero modes. that way they could go away once you lose the ball while the central name inserts around the big x could still remain lit/flashing for completion purposes. you'd still have all the arrows for other purposes too!

#481 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

nothing else is running

same for nightcrawler now right? poor guys gunna be in the dark all the time

#566 11 years ago

my nightcrawlers apparently no longer work along with wolvie magnet, pre-update they were both going strong and i've had zero board issues thus far. i thought nc no longer popped up for attract but went to test mode and nothings going =(

#581 11 years ago

all the red lights for fuses in the backbox indicate that those fuses are good, checked some fuses under pf as well and those tested good, i would have figured at least one fuse would have blown....

#583 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So I just went through this the last 2 weeks. You can keep speculating or you can get your Aux board quicker by calling Stern tomorrow. As mentioned in my previous post, also get a return on the Wolverine magnet and ask for fuses as well.

It's not going to improve without a new aux board.

thanks for the advice i actually had sent stern an email today earlier, but was just wondering why no fuses blown. right when i discovered that both nc's and wolvie magnet were not working i figured the aux board was the root of the problem due to lots of other topics/posts on this site. my needless speculating is just on top of already contacting stern about it.

#585 11 years ago

hah, no problem, i appreciate all the advice, sounds like a good portion of the le owners have dealt with some variation of this issue. also sounds like stern is being pretty good about it too sending out new parts etc. oh well guess i stake out for parts now...

#590 11 years ago

sorry for the overspill of aux issues onto "code thread", there is another thread which i read through about this issue, its on this site and very infromative and helpful. bottom line is that even though it might be just a fuse/magnet the root of people's problems seem to lie with the aux board which stern has been really good about replacing from what i hear so it shouldn't be a huge deal. i'll check the coils and wolvie magnet too so if the new aux board comes i can rule those things out too. i just was worried because i had (previously to code update 1.23) zero issues regarding wolvie magnet or nightcrawler and until new code none of the issues that had plagued so many others had struck me. with new code nightcrawler was acting weird and wolvie got nothing, it could have just been waiting to happen regardless of code, and darn me for being so entranced by magneto's new fancy spinning magnet business to notice sooner. i threw my issues here just to see if anyone else just STARTED to have issues after code.

#592 11 years ago

sounds good, thanks for the tips. i'm sure i'll be in touch with stern soon enough to sort it all out. i might hint hint hint at some new coding too while i've got their ear =)

#621 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

just keep that line of communication flowing w/ your customers

that would be great hearing news from stern about "progress" or later updates or something. give me a heads up that "your on it!" and my patience will be there.....when all i hear is rumors that stern is likely working on it i'm a little doubtful. keep the faith followers of the X

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jespo_19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live?tu=jespo_19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.