IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 11 years ago

This update is a complete mess. The DMD and voices can't keep up with the speed of the game.

Heroes were the only thing cool about the game before;now it's even faster to get through hero modes and slower to get through villains - completely opposite of what needed to happen. And the amount of voice call outs needed to be reduced, not increased!! now it's a complete spam fest of awful clutter. Can't even hear the music with every single quote being played back to back to back to back to back to back to back.

And no combo rewards? This code was built for someone who can only make 2 successful shots in one game. Hope this gets fixed. I'll try making menu item adjustments and re-review the update. But i have a feeling 1.22 will be going back in my machine.

There's still hope for tfs update........right?

#110 11 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Is it just my game or does Wolverine talk when shots like Storm are made?

It's the poor programming and spaztastic new hero stacking. The game can't keep up. I had magneto telling me I had a ball locked about 30 seconds after I locked it.

#117 11 years ago

10k by Xmas? We'll be luck if its worth 1k by Xmas lol. This game went from hero to zero. Ironically, all because of the heroes.

#313 11 years ago

They should just keep hero stacking to completed hero modes. That way if you start a completed hero mode, you can stack it with a non completed one.

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*sigh*
Once again....It is FIXED during Iceman's mode. Huzzah!

I'm not sure if it's entirely fixed. It still moves to the right disallowing the player to finish the mode. What kind of logic is that?

#358 11 years ago

Does this update go to show that stern could care less about a game that sold out as quickly as xmen did and/or is not a premium run? It seems they only spend quality time on premium games (ACDC/avengers)?

#406 11 years ago

The code does feel rushed. That said, I have a change of heart. Changing the mode start difficulty to hard definitely improves this update. And the magnets are super strong now; it's very cool. software is still very sloppy, but I'm coming around on this update.

#409 11 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

After spending more time with current code on Hard setting, I'm loving it more and more.
Don't get me wrong, still a lot of stuff needs to be addressed, but other than the Wolvie callouts and villain and Omega lights issues, I really don't think this update is a step back at all. I sincerely doubt that Stern has this as the last update for this title, so I see this as a placeholder for now until they can comb it a bit better, but I'm no "insider"....I'm just a knucklehead. I think the expectations were too big from <us> for the most part, but also a little over promising for what to expect from this update from Stern, so I think everyone is to "blame".....if such a thing is warranted,lol.
I will say, I am DIGGING the Hero stacking at points. Completing 4 modes at once with a couple flow combo rounds, to me, is VERY satisfying. Keep in mind, I admittedly am screamingly mediocre at pinball, so little things like that don't happen every game for me.
Villains STILL need progression saves I think, and I think villain completions should add to the multipliers bonus, not the heroes. The completed heroes should give extra damage to certain villains in certain combinations, IMO.
Dunno, this update is growing on me. Go ahead and call me a simpleton or dummy, but my feelings on this update has 180'ed since my knee jerk reaction to the board posts and overwhelming negativity.
My advice to those not updating because of the negativity: just load it, set the mode start difficulty to hard, have 3-5 games and then make your decision. If you hate it, awesome, no problems with your opinion, but at least you formed your opinion on experience, not on an Internet message board, which pretty much feeds on negativity.
Oh, and Happy Hollidays guys!

+100000 good post. Couldn't agree more.

#614 11 years ago

I agree that danger room should go back to finishing heroes to light it. And I think they should link the magneto mb super JP to dark Phoenix in that you only need to start the villains, not finish, to get to dark Phoenix.

I like the hero stacking but the default setting needs to be at 2 shots. And there needs to be some sort of sound effect or call out when a hero is completed, similar to rogues secret finishing shot. The inserts need to be fixed for heroes too so that it's easier to know which hero modes are currently active. Perhaps they could have a setting to limit the number of hero modes running at one time?

Iceman is screaming for a mode that actually uses the iceman ramp for consecutive shots.

Combos need to be implemented but not like they are in TF. They need to be used creatively and have cool sound effects for big combos. My idea is to have a power meter and as combos are collected, the power meter fills up. Once power meter is filled, 2x scoring is awarded.

I'd also like to see the bonus multiplier work with combos. Then, as someone else mentioned, have completed heroes award mutant powers. These mutant powers can be stuff like super ramps, super combos, super pops, etc... And maybe the Xavier insert + arrow can be the shot to collect the power.

Other than all the bugs, I think they are close to getting this code ironed and 100% complete. And I like it....a lot!

#625 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Well I don't know if its code update related or not, but despite all 4 balls sitting in the trough, the machine says "missing pinballs" and I can't get it to work. This happened with my IM and I had to replace an opto board. Think its the same thing here?

Yes and no. I've had this issue with plenty of sterns and never had to replace the opto board. If you have a shaker or like to nudge (like me), the more plausible cause are the pin connectors going to the two trough opto boards. Just re-seed them. They probably got loosened.

#642 11 years ago
Quoted from TomF:

does anybody know if the hellfire and brotherhood multiballs have to be completed, or if it is enough to beat the "regular" villains to reach dark phoenix?

You have to complete the mb's
My best game to date on the new code is completing all the heroes, completing magneto, completing danger room, and completing the 5 standard villain modes. I was a small bottleneck just trying to relight BH and HFC. In case you were curious, the villain mode light stays unlit if you completed the 5 villains and only lights when HFC and BH are qualified (granted you qualified a villain mode).

I really hope they add MB progression to all 3 mb's. And/or they make villains one and done modes and link the magneto super JP to dark Phoenix, not danger room

#646 11 years ago
Quoted from TomF:

it would be nice if they made the villains like the tv modes in Family Guy, starting them all get you to the wizard mode but the better you do in the villains the bigger jackpots you get in the wizard mode.

Yes! I've been saying this since day 1. I'm a huge FGY fan and always felt the villain modes would play much better if they were utilized like the tv modes in FGY. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure the guy who's programming xmen has ever played a game of FGY, or even pinball for that matter. He seems very video game oriented.

#650 11 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Stacking, yes. But I think it's mainly the Hero modes starting from 1 shot which makes it madness. That's just lazy and stupid factory setting rule design. Sorry. It is.
Construct the default mode starts to the playfield design. Xavier and Iceman are easier shots, so I'd say 4x each starts their mode. Rogue, Phoenix and Cyclops 3x. Storm and Beast 2x. Wolv 8x. That way they stack, but not in a hot mess of madness, and you can control the pace of the mode starts far better. And honestly, I don't mind the Magneto SJP qualifying Danger Room, if..
Dark Phoenix progression is more sensible. Starting all of the Villians is tough, if they don't stack, and by rule of qualification they never will. So the FGY/TV mode analogy makes perfect sense. That'd still be a bear to complete. And then...
If you reach Danger Room and Dark Phoenix, you qualify the ultimate Deadpool Finale as the final wizard mode maybe?
And add combos, of course. Not having combo awards in a layout with endless combo possibilities is just silliness.
The changes needed aren't really all that tough, and the game would just open up and be infinitely better. Hopefully Borg or Waison are following this thread...
PS- any XM owners who haven't changed the four ramp posts, please do so immediately. Immediately, if not sooner. Also, do the Hemi NC mod (in blue). Also, lamp covers on the Gambit jet leds are a must, believe it or not I tried a few and I liked yellow covers the best (there's so much red and blue on the playfield already). Enjoy!

What gambit jet lamp covers are you referring to? Link? TIA

#651 11 years ago

Also, I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy this game, especially the latest update. I can't stop playing! ACDC feels boring next to it. Ick! Did I just say that?

#657 11 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

My Wolverine toy actually broke all down his left side along the mounting channel today. I think I've just bashed him so much he gave up the ghost lol.
He flops around, still barely connected on his right but its going fast. I actually like it! Awesome reaction movement from him now! Might try to turn him into a bobblehead type bash toy.

Hahhaha a bobble head wolverine bash toy would be awesome.

As for the other comments. Yes, I've gotten to danger room 4-5 times prior to 1.23. The danger room difficulty achievement feels the same to me (maybe easier?) but just a different strategy. I've gotten DR twice now on the new code. But I do agree with others that the magneto sjp should be tied to dark Phoenix, not danger room.

Quoted from jasonpaulbauer:

Just put 1.23 in my wolverine. The magneto lock is now only releasing one ball, never releasing two. Magnets are working much stronger. I think physically this is a better playing game. Some rules tweaks and other software bugs need to be fixed, but a step in the right direction hardware wise.

Yes, the magnets are awesome now! And my magneto lock only releases one ball now too. Game still needs a lot of work, and I hope more than one programmer (Lyman?) focus their effort on the game through the month of January.

#658 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, you said it. But did you mean it?

I still enjoy ACDC a ton. But I keep getting drawn to xmen. I think it's the layout honestly. I love the storm ramp and all the combo possibilities.

#681 11 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have tryed to like the new code but after a week of playing I went back to 1.22 with the ball lock fix and am much happier,even if it never gets changed for the better I still love this game.

Did you adjust the heroes to hard or extra hard. Makes a world of a difference.

The code is kind of a stinker the further you get into the game. Villain mb's are too hard compared to all the other modes in the game. Having all the heroes lit solid does not feel as rewarding as it used to. Even though a ton of points can be awarded with bonus multipliers, there really is no reward for completing modes anymore. And heroes feel very repetitive once their all solid lit and/or played.

Still hope Lyman gets involved.

#707 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I haven't seen an extra ball in forever since doing the update.

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe the default '5' modes for an EB is now based doing 4 villains and completing at least one hero. I like this rule as it gives a little more incentive to play the villains.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.