IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 11 years ago
Quoted from BrianR73:

If that works for everyone, I'm all for it. Just trying to make everyone feel better.

Cool. Now call Chas immediately once they open up and tell him you need an advanced replacement on your aux board and magnet. Tell him you need some more fuses as well...might as well not pay for them.

#302 11 years ago

Hey I saw some programmer bashing in here and as a veteran of the code production art, I felt I had to chime in.

First, re: good programmer/bad programmer: this decision really can't be made by non-programmers (okay QA gets a say). Programmer quality can be boiled down to a metric we call "velocity," which is the number of high quality features the programmer delivers in a set period. But lots of external forces affect software quality -- a programmer asked to produce contradictory features might do so flawlessly and still have a clunky system because "integration" wasn't considered.

A programmer of any skill level asked to condense his time frame, to meet an arbitrary deadline say, has but two options: reduce feature set or reduce quality. (The implied third option of "work more hours" is just another way to sacrifice quality, as tired programmers make monumental amounts of mistakes). In the case of mode stacking, for example, the choice was likely between releasing an accessible ruleset that experts would find confusing due to overlapping events or shelving that part of the ruleset while improved event handling was developed. There is no third option, save pushing the date.

Second, do realize that it takes about ten years for a programmer's skill to plateau. The first four or five years on the job should see nearly exponential increases in velocity every year. So to write a guy off early in his career is a mistake. Most of the great programmers I work with started off a bit crap. I started off terrible, lazy and ignorant.

Third, Lyman's games may be immortal, but his career is not. Software knowledge is hard to pass on because so much of it is literally encoded, tens of thousands of essential details obscured by a similar number of arbitrary choices. Probably the best thing for Stern and the industry at large would be for Lyman to not program anything himself, but instead take on an architectural role, helping to craft rule sets but leaving the coding to others. Having him swoop in to "fix" somebody else's work may result in one good game release, but nothing for the future. Just a promising young designer with hurt feelings and no lesson in balance.

Finally, all good programmers are stubborn. It takes a lot of confidence to have an idea and commit to put in front of a global audience. Great programmers learn how to put aside the stubbornness that drove them on one idea to compare it, objectively, to another's idea. Great programmers learn when to accept a compromise, and when to reject the criticism to follow a deeper vision.

Incidentally TSPP, which may be the ultimate mode stacking game and programmed by Keith Johnson, has terrible event handling for stacked modes. You have no idea what's going on and just have to hit shots until they start flashing and if a multiball is active you're shit out of luck. Of course, it's much harder to get those modes started than x-men...

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

While I still don't mind the Iceman ramp as-is, I am sorry to see that it wasn't fixed for those that do not like its randomness. Hopefully next time.

Dude, it's not "randomness". That's NOT THE ISSUE WITH THE RAMP....why won't you listen to me *cry cry cry*

It's the fact that it moves back to the home position before the ball is done traveling on it. When it's over to the left during Sabertooth and Magneto, it is NOT doing a random back and forth thing. It STAYS in position until the ball travels down the ramp, then goes back to the right. The problem is it leaves too early, dumping the ball on the sling instead of the inlane.

The only "randomness" is when it moves back and forth during the 2nd Iceman shot. That's subjective on whether that's good or bad...but that's not the issue we're complaining about.

#304 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

Incidentally TSPP, which may be the ultimate mode stacking game and programmed by Keith Johnson, has terrible event handling for stacked modes. You have no idea what's going on and just have to hit shots until they start flashing and if a multiball is active you're shit out of luck. Of course, it's much harder to get those modes started than x-men...

The thing is, in TSPP, you at least KNOW when you've started a stack because you have to hit the right orbit to relight the TV, get the ball up to the TV lock & start the mode. Then - all active modes will be blinking on the mode plastic.

In X-Men, all the shots can start a mode, and those shots might be getting hit while in modes...so if a bunch of stuff is going on, you might be starting/finishing modes and not even realizing it. It's more of a spazzy situation. That's why on this game w/ its layout, it would be better to make stacking a bit more disciplined.. Villain & Hero....not every Hero at once.

#305 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only "randomness" is when it moves back and forth during the 2nd Iceman shot. That's subjective on whether that's good or bad...but that's not the issue we're complaining about.

30+ games with the new code and it still hasn't done that on mine. Do you have it set to hard? I'm gonna go play a few more games to see if I can get the ramp to do that while the ball is coming through it. My ramp stays to the left until I either beat Iceman or I run out of time.

#306 11 years ago

So I upped the mode start to hard, and the hero mode stacking is definitely less chaotic. Still don't like it when it does occur myself, would love it if there was an adjustment to disable it.

One thing that glares at me though, and I cannot get passed it, is the Wolvie call outs happening ALL the time. Hit Beast, get a Wolvie call out. Hit Xavier, get a Wolvie call out. If this is a "feature" it needs to be removed. If it is a bug, there is *no* way this should've made it out of QA.

Anyone else have the faint hope that this release was all a mistake? Some internal build accidentally released in all the Christmas crazy?

In any case, I will be rolling back to 1.22. What 1.23 adds is not enough to make up for what it makes worse imo.

#307 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

30+ games with the new code and it still hasn't done that on mine. Do you have it set to hard? I'm gonna go play a few more games to see if I can get the ramp to do that while the ball is coming through it. My ramp stays to the left until I either beat Iceman or I run out of time.

*sigh*

Once again....It is FIXED during Iceman's mode. Huzzah!

It's BROKEN during Magneto & Sabertooth.

Start Sabertooth, hit Wolverine so the ramp moves to the left...then, hit the Iceman ramp...the ramp will start moving before the ball makes its way across.

Start Magneto, the ramp moves to the left..then, hit the Iceman ramp...the ramp will start moving before the ball makes its way across.

#308 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Even if the switch is testing fine, it could still be a timing thing related to how far the wireform has to be pushed before the switch actually "throws". I would try tinkering with the angle of the lever/wireform a bit and see what happens. It could be set too sensitive so when the first ball rolls off of it, it doesn't "unclick" at all before the second ball is already on it, throwing the timing off. This is going to be one of those situations where the switch needs to not be just working, but just the right sensitivity to work right. It could take a bit of work to get it adjusted just right. Just the nature of the beast with something that controls timing. Good luck!

I figured it out...my lock coil was binding on the metal tab that the release latch rests on. I bent it back, so I think it will be fine now...I'm going to try 1.23 again to verify the lock issues were due to the physical problem on my machine.

#309 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

First, re: good programmer/bad programmer: this decision really can't be made by non-programmers (okay QA gets a say). Programmer quality can be boiled down to a metric we call "velocity," which is the number of high quality features the programmer delivers in a set period. But lots of external forces affect software quality -- a programmer asked to produce contradictory features might do so flawlessly and still have a clunky system because "integration" wasn't considered.

A programmer of any skill level asked to condense his time frame, to meet an arbitrary deadline say, has but two options: reduce feature set or reduce quality. (The implied third option of "work more hours" is just another way to sacrifice quality, as tired programmers make monumental amounts of mistakes). In the case of mode stacking, for example, the choice was likely between releasing an accessible ruleset that experts would find confusing due to overlapping events or shelving that part of the ruleset while improved event handling was developed. There is no third option, save pushing the date.

Second, do realize that it takes about ten years for a programmer's skill to plateau. The first four or five years on the job should see nearly exponential increases in velocity every year. So to write a guy off early in his career is a mistake. Most of the great programmers I work with started off a bit crap. I started off terrible, lazy and ignorant.

Third, Lyman's games may be immortal, but his career is not. Software knowledge is hard to pass on because so much of it is literally encoded, tens of thousands of essential details obscured by a similar number of arbitrary choices. Probably the best thing for Stern and the industry at large would be for Lyman to not program anything himself, but instead take on an architectural role, helping to craft rule sets but leaving the coding to others. Having him swoop in to "fix" somebody else's work may result in one good game release, but nothing for the future. Just a promising young designer with hurt feelings and no lesson in balance.

Finally, all good programmers are stubborn. It takes a lot of confidence to have an idea and commit to put in front of a global audience as a quality software and most software projects fail to deliver on expectations by the set deadline. Great programmers learn how to put aside the stubbornness that drove them on one idea to compare it, objectively, to another's idea. Great programmers learn when to accept a compromise, and when to reject the criticism to follow a deeper vision.

I agree with all of this. However we still ended up with a buggy minor software update after waiting (mostly) patiently for three months. I agree it shouldn't be all laid at Waison's feet, it should be laid at the feet of whoever approved that this release should go out. Stern either put it out knowing it had problems just to meet an arbitrary deadline, which shows a lack of respect for customers, or they put it out without bothering to spend 5 minutes testing it to find the problems. Or worse, they tested it and didn't even notice the problems. I see two possibilities. Careless, or stupid. Neither paints Stern in a positive light. Unfortunately for Waison, his name is the one attached to the code, so he gets the glory and the crap.

#310 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*sigh*
It's BROKEN during Magneto & Sabertooth.
Start Sabertooth, hit Wolverine so the ramp moves to the left...then, hit the Iceman ramp...the ramp will start moving before the ball makes its way across.
Start Magneto, the ramp moves to the left..then, hit the Iceman ramp...the ramp will start moving before the ball makes its way across.

OK...I'll try this. I don't remember having an issue last night but that's because I wasn't choosing Sabertooth. I was picking Juggernaut instead.

However, I got Magneto multi-ball several times last night and the ramp never had an issue.

UPDATE:

Yep...happened on Sabertooth just as you said it would. Doesn't bother me all that much but pretty amazing they couldn't fix something as simple as that.

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The thing is, in TSPP, you at least KNOW when you've started a stack because you have to hit the right orbit to relight the TV, get the ball up to the TV lock & start the mode. Then - all active modes will be blinking on the mode plastic.
In X-Men, all the shots can start a mode, and those shots might be getting hit while in modes...so if a bunch of stuff is going on, you might be starting/finishing modes and not even realizing it. It's more of a spazzy situation. That's why on this game w/ its layout, it would be better to make stacking a bit more disciplined.. Villain & Hero....not every Hero at once.

Likely true. I've only logged about an hour on X-men and never got very deep into it. It is on the list of pins I would like to own someday, preferably with a masterful set of rules.

#313 11 years ago

They should just keep hero stacking to completed hero modes. That way if you start a completed hero mode, you can stack it with a non completed one.

#314 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK...I'll try this. I don't remember having an issue last night but that's because I wasn't choosing Sabertooth. I was picking Juggernaut instead.
However, I got Magneto multi-ball several times last night and the ramp never had an issue.

Did you hit the ramp? LOL Maybe in the frenzy of a multiball you didn't notice that it fell off as it moved.

Or, it's possible your game is pitched super duper steep? I suppose if the ball is rolling faster than mine, it could make it across in the nick of time.

#315 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

*sigh*

I'm not sure if it's entirely fixed. It still moves to the right disallowing the player to finish the mode. What kind of logic is that?

#316 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did you hit the ramp? LOL Maybe in the frenzy of a multiball you didn't notice that it fell off as it moved.
Or, it's possible your game is pitched super duper steep? I suppose if the ball is rolling faster than mine, it could make it across in the nick of time.

Sorry, check my update. So definitely no issues with Magneto but got the same thing as you said. I knew you were right...my code wouldn't be different. I was just thinking maybe the Hard setting didn't have that.

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Sorry, check my update. So definitely no issues with Magneto but got the same thing as you said. I knew you were right...my code wouldn't be different. I was just thinking maybe the Hard setting didn't have that.
Still no issue on Magneto though.

K, I'll double check Magneto.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm not sure if it's entirely fixed. It still moves to the right disallowing the player to finish the mode. What kind of logic is that?

Right...it's annoying, and it ruins the whole point of that ramp - setting up a new combo shot that didn't exist before.

#318 11 years ago

You know what's interesting about all of this banter though? I think that they are moving towards a solid code update. As long as they don't abandon X-Men then I think the game can be very good. Still a very hard shooters game though than many will dislike.

I personally find it enjoyable with the hard shots and it makes me that much better at other games.

#319 11 years ago

On a positive note, ever since I changed the difficulty to "hard" the game seems to play like it should and the stacking makes it flow better than 1.22 and prior, so I think it's a good incremental improvement.

Both the Magneto and Wolverine magnets appear to hold the balls better, and the Iceman ramp and Magneto locks seem to work reasonably well. I'll have to brush up on the new rules, but overall I think the complaints in this thread are a bit over-done.

#320 11 years ago

POWER PACK!

#321 11 years ago

making the magneto super integrated is AWESOME, good call there for sure. should prob be paired with villians for dark phoneix requirements though, makes more sense. danger room is the perfect mode for starting all heroes but there should be some kind of incentive to finish the hero modes though, getting them all complete should maybe have a big hurryup, like iron man's do or die. starting all the villians should get a deadpool mode/award and finishing them has the already epic dark phoenix. hero stacking is cool with "hard or extra hard settings" but having a big payoff for completion of the heroes would be great. combos too, prob just a couple, cyclops/storm, beast/storm, i don't really care too much about combos personally because with the hero stacking now shots aren't wasted. with these add-ons x-men would be (closer to) perfect =)
overall impressions are positive and i am happy with the update. closer to the finish line but not there right now. keep it up!

#322 11 years ago

It's a step but there is a lot left to clean up IMO. Set at hard it was better than as set from the factory. My teenage kids liked the medium setting FWIW.

My Magneto lock seems better. Magneto MB release is now more what I expected from the beginning. Light shows seem better in Magneto MB also, especially super jackpot. Mode stacking heros needs cleaning up and should have been as suggested in this thread multiple times. Timing on the ramp is still off. Seems like that should be an easy fix and can't figure out why they keep missing it.

There are a bunch of new bugs now though. Omega red is screwed up and doesn't light at all outside of when you first select him. None of the villains stay lit when you complete them and the voice callouts can't keep up with the game. They should cut down voice spamming and that would fix half the problem.

All in all its better, but definitely not finished. Too many bugs to call complete even if THEY decided they liked the rules and modes as is...

#323 11 years ago

So a couple of more observations:

1. I got some sort of multi-ball where the machine just stopped and all I heard was "tick...tick...tick" and then a crazy light show. I was like "Oh No...my machine is gonna short out again" but it ended up being like CV when you get that crazy "Join the Circus" moment on the home ROM. I think I might have gotten Brotherhood multi-ball but cannot verify.

2. Rarehero is correct about the Iceman ramp in a couple of the Villain modes but I only had the ramp move back from left to right during Magneto multi-ball once. Then it stayed on the right hand side and never moved back to the left. So they kind of have that figured out.

3. Magnets are super crazy now and it's mostly good. My Magneto magnet flung the ball through Cyclops just as I needed one last shot to finish him off

4. Multi-ball is awesome but the game is so crazy with all of the multi-ball that it makes it really tough to see what you are shooting at. This is a game where you have to look and aim and multi-ball makes that a tremendous distraction. Often times you end up hitting the same stuff over and over again.

Just some further thoughts. They are about 60-75% done on this one.

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

2. Rarehero is correct about the Iceman ramp in a couple of the Villain modes but I only had the ramp move back from left to right during Magneto multi-ball once. Then it stayed on the right hand side and never moved back to the left. So they kind of have that figured out.

Magneto was always like this. Nothing's changed. Once again - the issue isn't moving back and forth. The issue is moving before the ball makes it to the inlane.

#325 11 years ago

Eh, even set to hard I had so many modes finishing/starting/blackbird awards piled up at once that Villain selection timed out before I could even pick anything. I guess I've played this so much it doesn't matter what I do I'm going to have stacks on stacks on stacks, and it really screws up all the timers when they keep going while the game stops to tell you other crap.

Personally I find it a lot easier to complete all heroes versus light them all and get Magneto's Super Jackpot to light Danger Room for some reason. Played quite a bit and I still can't get it started. That's on me though, I think I have my Magneto shot tight witht he targets leaned in a bit. Plus either I'm terrible at multiball on this machine or the way its set.... I got from sniping anything I want with one ball to everything bouncing off each other and draining with two or more out.

Ramp isn't perfect and not what I wanted, but it does behave better in general and at least I can complete Iceman mode consistently now without feeling screwed over by it. Lock works great.

Not what I wanted at all, but can definitely understand people liking this update. It changed the game dramatically imo, better or worse will always be the opinion of the player.

#326 11 years ago

Uploaded despite all the negative crap on here, changed mode setting to hard, and I think its definitely an improvement. The stacking is nice, and when modes are set to hard, its not so crazy that you have 6 things going at once. (if you leave it on too easy, that does happen and its chaotic as hell) This game gets SO MUCH MORE NEGATIVITY than it deserves. Does Stern deserve some crap for poor QC? Absolutely! But the pin is beautiful, tough, has lots of shots, several very tough shots, and its beautiful all the way around. There is room for continued improvement with the software, but outside of ACDC and Tron, I can't think of too many Stern's that are much better. And I have IM and SM sitting right next to Wolverine.

#327 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dude, it's not "randomness". That's NOT THE ISSUE WITH THE RAMP....why won't you listen to me *cry cry cry*
It's the fact that it moves back to the home position before the ball is done traveling on it. When it's over to the left during Sabertooth and Magneto, it is NOT doing a random back and forth thing. It STAYS in position until the ball travels down the ramp, then goes back to the right. The problem is it leaves too early, dumping the ball on the sling instead of the inlane.

Should have known you would jump on that. We are saying the same thing, really. You don't know where the ramp is going to be when the ball falls off the end...that's randomness. I still think that is the design intent. If they only wanted the ball to go off on either the right inlane or the left inlane, then why not just use a diverter? The fact that the ball can, and does, fall off in random places across the playfield during Sabertooth and Magneto seems to me to be the intent. On my machine, this almost never goes SDTM...it usually drops over the left flipper. I like it, but I know you do not.

Glad you got your lock release figured out!

#328 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey guys - I went back to 1.22 and my lock is still acting goofy ...so, lets just say the lock issue probably isn't code related.
If anyone has an idea what PHYSICALLY could be causing my lock to act funny, I'd love to hear some ideas. The switch and 3 optos test fine and the lock has been working fine for a while now...what could be different that causes it to let out 2 or 3 balls now when it should be letting out 1?

Im not positive what your ball lock issue might be, But pinsider Playernumber4 and myself had issues with the lock that were resolved by taking the center lock mech off the machine and examining that the tip of the rollover switch wire was scraping on the white plastic piece closest to the switch. I could see scrap marks on the plastic, so could Playernumber4, I used some side cutters to trim back the rollover. The problem is gone now.

#329 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Should have known you would jump on that. We are saying the same thing, really. You don't know where the ramp is going to be when the ball falls off the end...that's randomness. I still think that is the design intent. If they only wanted the ball to go off on either the right inlane or the left inlane, then why not just use a diverter? The fact that the ball can, and does, fall off in random places across the playfield during Sabertooth and Magneto seems to me to be the intent. On my machine, this almost never goes SDTM...it usually drops over the left flipper. I like it, but I know you do not.
Glad you got your lock release figured out!

No, we're NOT saying the same thing. OK, f*ck...this is the last time I'll explain this. After this, if you don't get it, we CLEARLY don't speak the same language & I'm done.

This is what YOU think: The ramp is moving back and forth as a randomizing feature & the ball sometimes falls off. This IS the case during Iceman after you make the first shot. This is INTENTIONAL whether some of us like it or not.

THIS. IS. NOT. THE. ISSUE.

When it moves back and drops the ball during Sabertooth (and previously on Iceman's first shot), it's NOT due to a randomizing feature movement! It's moving back BECAUSE you made the shot. However - it needs to wait 1 more friggin' second so the ball GETS TO THE INLANE!!!!!!!! This is NOT AN INTENDED FEATURE!!! They fixed it on the Iceman, PROOF that it's not an intended feature...they just FORGOT to fix it on the other modes where the ramp goes to the left.

F*******CK. Got it!?!?

#330 11 years ago

I think the update is an improvement. The game still needs some tweaking admittedly. Set the mode start to hard or extra hard of course like everyone has said. I'm liking the ability top stack the modes so when you're in one, you can choose to focus on finishing it, or nail other shots to start other hero modes. Fun stuff. I like that they fixed the Phoenix registering shots on soft plunges. Also, my ball lock timing works now for the first time. Really surprised they didn't address the moving ramp timing yet. Mine bounces the ball off the left sling spot light every time.

I think this game is getting close to be very good. Needs one more strong update.

#331 11 years ago

Anyway - after fixing my lock mech, I put 1.23 back on. Lock release is fine now, that one was my machine's problem.

I set the Mode Start to "HARD" and jammed on the game a bit.

-After it was mentioned that Wolverine's voice was all over, I really noticed that now. Wolverine's voice is activated every time you make ANY Hero shot. This is definitely noticeable if you change your settings so it takes 2 or 3 shots to start modes. This is definitely a bug. There is no more "Bobby", "Scott", "Jean" when shooting a Hero shot, only Wolverine voices.

-With Mode Start on hard, it pretty much plays like the previous version...you get the occasional Hero stack, which is neither here nor there IMO, but it's OK...it's better than the 1-shot Start thing where you play all Heroes within 2 minutes.

-The Wolverine magnet is DEFINITELY stronger an more active than it was...I like this and is a reason for me to keep 1.23 at the moment.

-The Magneto manga-spin start is WAY better and another reason to hang with 1.23 The spinning is really strong and kinda makes the machine shake and do the hula...it's like Magneto is going to lift your whole machine. This is a good change.

Anyway...after all these months, it's still a sh*tty update with old bugs still present and new ones created...but with mode start set to Hard, it's certainly decent and I like the magnet improvements. I'll keep the code on my machine for now...it's not the end of the world...looking forward to Stern fixing it.

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from dasmb:

Hey I saw some programmer bashing in here and as a veteran of the code production art, I felt I had to chime in.

Speaking as a programmer who has designed software for 30+ years, commercial software, and has received some of the industry's highest honors, it really is simple: you either write good code or you dont. QA and management can certainly FUBAR a project.

i would hesitate to lay blame on any individual Because we simply do not know who designed what and who was responsible for what. But the bottom line is that this wasn't a solid release.

If you get a bad burger at McDonald's you don't blame Bob the fry cook. It could be him, it could be the guy who repaired the refrigeration equipment or the source of beef or the truck driver for the stove equipment etc. Ultimately it's McDonald's fault because their name and reputation is on the product, And part of what makes their brand worthwhile is their QA process, which failed.

#333 11 years ago

I'd like to hear some comments from PRO owners. Version 1.04
It seems many comments have to do with the LE ramp timing, nightcrawlers, etc.
I will update the game later tonight, but would like to know what to expect.
Thanks in advance. I love this game, so I am hoping after the update it is even better.

#334 11 years ago

I have mixed feelings about the update. I am not great by any stretch of the imagination but can generally unlock three xmen and a villain mode during a good game. I feel a bit cheated when the whole ring is either lit or flashing and I have only seen a single hero, generally either phoenix or beast.

I don't mind extra balls, random ball saves (rise of the Phoenix) to extend the game but to cheapen it by missing 90 percent just seems wrong. I think there is some value in the update as it will do well in arcades as it is action packed and in a casual environment at home for kids and non players. It should be labeled Casual Gamer.

I also find it weird that I find myself in weapon x without the animations and for a awkward amount of time without an extra ball.

It does appear to have fixed the issue with Magneto releasing captured balls but that may be because of bypassed modes. I did not experience a ball search with the new update.

Overall I find it fun and worthwhile but as I get better, I want the game to forever be a challenge like TSPP and not conquered and discarded.

#335 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

-With Mode Start on hard, it pretty much plays like the previous version...you get the occasional Hero stack, which is neither here nor there IMO, but it's OK...it's better than the 1-shot Start thing where you play all Heroes within 2 minutes.

-The Wolverine magnet is DEFINITELY stronger an more active than it was...I like this and is a reason for me to keep 1.23 at the moment.

-The Magneto manga-spin start is WAY better and another reason to hang with 1.23 The spinning is really strong and kinda makes the machine shake and do the hula...it's like Magneto is going to lift your whole machine. This is a good change.

Anyway...after all these months, it's still a sh*tty update with old bugs still present and new ones created...but with mode start set to Hard, it's certainly decent and I like the magnet improvements. I'll keep the code on my machine for now...it's not the end of the world...looking forward to Stern fixing it.

This is exactly how I would summarize up 1.23, the update is far from perfect and has some bugs, but overall I think it's a step in the right direction. One thing I really noticed was the Magneto multi ball spinning disk at the start and it's very cool (even my 9 year old noticed this difference).

Merry Christmas everyone!

#336 11 years ago

Set to hard I am finding the code update to be an improvement. One of the best things is the brotherhood and hellfire club targets registering in all modes, both are great multiballs.

Have not seen extra ball come up though yet and have had a couple of high scoring games, so unsure if this a setting or a bug.

#337 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, we're NOT saying the same thing. OK, f*ck...this is the last time I'll explain this. After this, if you don't get it, we CLEARLY don't speak the same language & I'm done.
This is what YOU think: The ramp is moving back and forth as a randomizing feature & the ball sometimes falls off. This IS the case during Iceman after you make the first shot. This is INTENTIONAL whether some of us like it or not.
THIS. IS. NOT. THE. ISSUE.
When it moves back and drops the ball during Sabertooth (and previously on Iceman's first shot), it's NOT due to a randomizing feature movement! It's moving back BECAUSE you made the shot. However - it needs to wait 1 more friggin' second so the ball GETS TO THE INLANE!!!!!!!! This is NOT AN INTENDED FEATURE!!! They fixed it on the Iceman, PROOF that it's not an intended feature...they just FORGOT to fix it on the other modes where the ramp goes to the left.
F*******CK. Got it!?!?

I'm glad Borg and the programmers sat down to go over the rules and what they intended for them with you..LOL! Just messing with you. We don't see eye to eye on this feature/bug, and that's fine. I hope for your sake they fix it because it bugs you way more than I enjoy it!

I do wonder WTF is with Wolverine running his mouth for every hero shot now. That was not like that before. Really stands out with more shots required to start the heros. Not horrible, but not cool.

#338 11 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Set to hard I am finding the code update to be an improvement. One of the best things is the brotherhood and hellfire club targets registering in all modes, both are great multiballs.
Have not seen extra ball come up though yet and have had a couple of high scoring games, so unsure if this a setting or a bug.

I got the extra ball as a random award on my 2nd game.

#339 11 years ago

does anybody know what the requirement for lighting an extra ball is with the new code?

#340 11 years ago

I have put 10 games on since the update and still have not gotten nightcrawler mode. Anyone get nightcrawlers since the update?

#341 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I have put 10 games on since the update and still have not gotten nightcrawler mode. Anyone get nightcrawlers since the update?

Yup. I've gotten it a few times. Seems exactly the same as before to me. Never enough!

#342 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Some folks are never satisfied.

Yes, they should be ecstatic that old bugs were not fixed and new ones were introduced. (sarcasm)

Not liking rules is one thing, as that is personal taste and people have different ideas, but not fixing bugs/problems when people paid close to 7k for a machine is something else. There are people still waiting for Auxiliary Board fixes. They should be satisfied? Ramps not working right. They should be satisfied? Machine should work correctly- Rule changes are just people wanting a better machine, the the things I mentioned are for a properly working machine.

Do you even own one? According to your list of games you don't. Easy to be satisfied when it is not your 7k.

#343 11 years ago
Quoted from TomF:

does anybody know what the requirement for lighting an extra ball is with the new code?

I would think it is still the same as before? Complete 4 (from memory) Heros.

That's complete (light solid) as opposed to start.

I had 3 games yesterday, got an extra ball on each game.

I was thinking about the completion of each hero mode as opposed to the starting of each mode ... Someone asked "what's the point of completing a hero now?"

I was thinking the same, seems no point completing them. But possibly the more Heros you complete, the bigger the jackpots in Danger Room?

When I got to Danger Room on the first game yesterday, I had probably 3/4 of the Heros lit solid. My jackpots were 2,000,000 and sometimes 2,100,000 each jackpot. What jackpots have others been getting?

rd.

#344 11 years ago

Its obvious from all this mess that Either Gary or George need to step in & have Lyman take over the code work for Xmen. Its obvious Waison is over his head & if this is the best he could come up with after months of working on it, well thats really bad news for any Xmen owners. Personally i'd prefer to have Lyman finishing up ACDC but its apparent he's going to eventually step in and correct this clusterf&*k of a code.

#345 11 years ago

Well, in a nutshell, problem would be sorted if Stern posted a comment that Lyman is now working on XM code. People would start buying XM. Doubt it will happen though.

#346 11 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, in a nutshell, problem would be sorted if Stern posted a comment that Lyman is now working on XM code. People would start buying XM. Doubt it will happen though.

If they wanted to sell more Pro's they should. Let alone some of the LE's others are still sitting on.

#347 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Anyone get nightcrawlers since the update?

Yup, got them on my first game!

#348 11 years ago
Quoted from goodgameslover:

Yup, got them on my first game!

Did it happen while Heroes were running or in "neutral" mode? In the old code he would not start if you were in a mode. Now that the Heroes can stack, theoretically he should be able to start while you're doing other things.

#349 11 years ago

I agree with one of the guys need to change so wolverine is not the only talker after a switch is hit OMG make it stop lol

#350 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did it happen while Heroes were running or in "neutral" mode? In the old code he would not start if you were in a mode. Now that the Heroes can stack, theoretically he should be able to start while you're doing other things.

That I haven't seen yet, but it would be cool if he did. I thought it did it once, but turned out to be Rogue using him. Hopefully it's possible and if not, they add it next round. MORE NIGHTCRAWLER!

"Hey man...you stepped on my tail!"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.