IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 11 years ago

I only tried the code with no adjustments to the gameplay via the menu. I don't think the code is a step up "as it was intended to be played", in other words with no adjustments and exactly as the programmer intended.

I don't know when I'll have time tomorrow, but when I do I'll make some of the adjustments that have been recommended here.

All in all, they still didn't fix the ramp and ball lock problem, and actually seem to have taken a step back on the ball lock.

#202 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The bad: This new Hero stacking sucks. Go into your settings and change "Mode Start" to Hard or Extra Hard....then it feels a bit more like it used to. I think the only reason Waison did this was due to his new "Defeat Magneto w/ all Heroes Played to get Danger Room" rule. He wanted you to be able to collect as many X-Men as you could in a short period of time so you can have them all when doing Magneto Multiball. It just was not a change worth making, dude. It's a spaz-fest. If anything was good about 1 mode at a time it was you got see your shots, the DMD animation for that character ,and the music/sound FX for that character.

How bad is the update by putting the Mode Start to Extra Hard or Hard? I realize that it avoids the all at once crap fest, but does it at least make it so you can follow the modes, or is it still not spaced out enough and the overlap stacks are crap? (I won't be able to try the code until the day after tomorrow)

I think the problem is people have a different vision on what the software rules should be compared to Waison wants them to be. I agree with Rarehero on why he did it, so that tells me unless he does a complete about face and changes what he wants the machine to be, other than bug fixes, things from here on out are only going to get polished.

This was labeled the "Power Pack" update, so I really don't think we will see what people were hoping for.

Quoted from paul_8788:

In my opinion, they should go back to code base of 1.22 and do the following:

1) Fix Iceman ramp moving when it shouldn't be.
2) Change Beast voice.
3) Make lit heroes increase damage to villains during villain modes.
4) Make completed heroes increase score during villain modes.
5) Have combos increase end of ball multiplier and/or have bonus score.
6) Have Hellfire and Brotherhood target hits to always count towards the multi-balls, and make them fewer.

This would have been nice- and just polish from this.

#203 11 years ago

Who wants to sell me a discounted LE or Pro?

#204 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I only tried the code with no adjustments to the gameplay via the menu. I don't think the code is a step up "as it was intended to be played", in other words with no adjustments and exactly as the programmer intended.

I feel your pain, but I own a LOTR and I would not consider it a good idea to keep all of the rules at the factory default.

#206 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

How bad is the update by putting the Mode Start to Extra Hard or Hard? I realize that it avoids the all at once crap fest, but does it at least make it so you can follow the modes, or is it still not spaced out enough and the overlap stacks are crap? (I won't be able to try the code until the day after tomorrow)
I think the problem is people have a different vision on what the software rules should be compared to Waison wants them to be. I agree with Rarehero on why he did it, so that tells me unless he does a complete about face and changes what he wants the machine to be, other than bug fixes, things from here on out are only going to get polished.
This was labeled the "Power Pack" update, so I really don't think we will see what people were hoping for.

Actually once you set it to extra hard, the mode stacking issue is solved. Modes don't start enough to overlap and you can easily follow them. You might even try hard. I find with this change, the update is definitely an improvement over what we had. Mainly due to the increase in multiballs and playing brotherhood / hellfire often. But also with the shorter villain modes. I put zero value on what the programmer intended for me to play. To be honest, if the option to set mode start to hard didn't exist, I'd definitely be reverting to v1.22. But it does exist so why not use it and enjoy the game?

I find that the update was a horrible disappointment for what it was hyped up to be. It definitely did not come close to even the TFLE power pack from last year. Had they said nothing and just dropped this update on us, it may have been received well enough. But after 3 months of waiting and hyping it as a holiday power pack, it's extremely disappointing.

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I find that the update was a horrible disappointment for what it was hyped up to be. It definitely did not come close to even the TFLE power pack from last year. Had they said nothing and just dropped this update on us, it may have been received well enough. But after 3 months of waiting and hyping it as a holiday power pack, it's extremely disappointing.

Exactly...and putting the creative changes aside...for the friggin' ramp timing & ball release bugs to still be there....what a slap in the face. Functional issues should be the first things addressed...these things should have been hammered out within a few months after shipping. Amazing.

#208 11 years ago

I know that I may be in the minority, but I think the changes to the code are positive.

I tried it first with the "one hit to start a mode" medium difficulty, and that was a bit of a manic frakfest. I agree that its a bit too much. Too much to fast and the voices cannot keep up with the action.

BUT if you change the mode start to hard, it plays very similar to 1.22 code. Voices generally keep up. But the playfield seems more open and less linear. Not stuck with just one shot available.

Positives: I like being able to stack multiple heros together. With 2 modes per shot, you can strategize a bit - get a few modes ready, and then start them with a multiball. Also, you can start a villain after you have started multiple heros so that you can have lots running at the same time. This way, you are not locked into one shot with all other shots on the playfield useless. More open and fun. Also, just the right amount of hits required to start Hellfire and Brotherhood. You actually get to play them! And its great to get a HF or BH ready, start a few heroes and then start up the HF or BH to help finish them. Great added strategy. Bonus multipliers for finished heroes are a nice tie in. Last game I had a 25x bonus. Magnets seem a lot more powerful. And so are the NC pop ups. At times in the old code, the left NC would not pop right up after a game. It might have to pop up twice to stay. Now it slams up and stays up. Also like how Magneto is tied into Wizard mode.

Negatives: There are still a fair number of bugs. Winning voice call outs when you fail at a mode. Also, if you set the modes to hard, the first shot to a mode will give a Wolverine callout (e.g. first hit to Iceman and Wolvie will say "watch it". It would be nice to have no voices if nothing else. Outlane drains still do not consistently make a sound. Still no combos or Deadpool.

I personally have had little to no issues with incorrect number of balls discharged from Magneto.

Also, I do not understand the complaints about the Iceman ramp. You start the mode. Ramp moves to the left and stays there until you make the first shot. Then it moves back and forth at differing intervals. To ensure your 2nd hit makes it, you have to hit the shot as the ramp is moving to the left. Timing is key. I like the mode. Some risk to it. I think it would be BORING to have the ramp move to the left and stay there until you hit it twice. As is, there is challenge and integration of the moving ramp. I like it that way! I would take this with the odd drain down the middle.

I am not offended by the fact that I have to tweak the game to get it to my liking. I do not feel that I have to leave the game on factory settings. Its in my house. My game, my rules. Having the ability to make the game play how I want it is a bonus.

There are things that have to be done to these rules, but I really like what has been added. With personal tweaks and changes, I think code 1.23 is far better than 1.22. Just my opinion.

#209 11 years ago

I'd also like to point out that crappy code hurts Stern even if people continue to buy nib. If the game is crappy, I will it. The more used pins for sale them people but those instead of other nib. The best situation or stern is for there to be no used pins for sale. Even if I buy nib again, good chance the person buying my old pin is not buying nib.

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If I were you I would get a copy of the last update, and the new one. Put the new one in with the settings on hard and try it out. Sometimes the most vocal people are the unhappy ones. You might like the update. I am trying to reserve full judgement until I play more games with the new code as stated (hard and extra hard settings). Some of the complaints are that you can not tell what is going on because of to many heros stacked at once. This could become less of a problem for me as I play it more, and more of an asset. I still think we need combos bad.

Ya know the flaw in this theory,,

you should never have to set a game to hard or Xhard to get a game to play ok or good in the first place...

those settings are supposed to make the game harder as you need it it be over time...

hence, i call bullshit on just set it to hard to make the game or update a thumbs up...

they screwed the pooch again, and i am soooo glad i got rid of that game..

again i love the shots on the PF, but hated the theme and the ruleset..

I miss it a whole lot less than i thought i would when i decided to let it go...

there is no logic in, I used the adjustment menu to make the game code OK....

thumbs down to that !...

this version of code sucks, and again they dropped the ball...

they completely fu%K$D the rules up.... instead of blending stuff as they were asked and suggested to

And i'm pretty sure they dont give a shit...

#211 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Negatives: There are still a fair number of bugs. Winning voice call outs when you fail at a mode. Also, if you set the modes to hard, the first shot to a mode will give a Wolverine callout (e.g. first hit to Iceman and Wolvie will say "watch it".

I actually think that bug is a but deeper. I has wolverine mb actually start when I hit that shot once. Seems like intermittently SW is tracking other switch hits as wolverine hits or it's just far behind and the delay makes it look like its a phantom hit.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Exactly...and putting the creative changes aside...for the friggin' ramp timing & ball release bugs to still be there....what a slap in the face. Functional issues should be the first things addressed...these things should have been hammered out within a few months after shipping. Amazing.

True about those bugs. But for me, the ball lock bug doesn't seem to be as bad.

#212 11 years ago

Of course they care. We are the people keeping stern alive. If they didn't care we wouldn't get any updates. Give them a break dude.

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

you should never have to set a game to hard or Xhard to get a game to play ok or good in the first place...
those settings are supposed to make the game harder as you need it it be over time...
hence, i call bullshit on just set it to hard to make the game or update a thumbs up...

huh? The settings are there to customize the game to your liking. It's a good thing that they are there. Use them and enjoy the game. Anyone refusing to change them then complaining about the rules that would be changed had they made the settings changes... Well they are causing their own problems and have only themselves to blame

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

they screwed the pooch again, and i am soooo glad i got rid of that game..
again i love the shots on the PF, but hated the theme and the ruleset..
I miss it a whole lot less than i thought i would when i decided to let it go...
there is no logic in, I used the adjustment menu to make the game code OK....
thumbs down to that !...
this version of code sucks, and again they dropped the ball...
they completely fu%K$D the rules up.... instead of blending stuff as they were asked and suggested to
And i'm pretty sure they dont give a shit...

Your opinions are valid. Did you play the new code? Im, only asking because you stated that you sold the game.

#215 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

hammerd out within a few months >

This stuff shoulda never left the factory that way...

QC blows with these guys...

little issues here andthere, are to be expected once in a great while....

but major shit that should be caught in testing ?...not so much...

OH thats right they dont test .....we do....

Blahhhhh !

#216 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

huh? The settings are there to customize the game to your liking. It's a good thing that they are there. Use them and enjoy the game. Anyone refusing to change them then complaining about the rules that would be changed had they made the settings changes... Well they are causing their own problems and have only themselves to blame

Also valid, some like it easy some like it not so easy. I do not see the point in keeping it factory if I have an option to change it. As I stated in a previous post, I own LOTR and changed the settings to make it harder/different. I would think that most player/collectors do this. I would own a Shrek if I could only get rid of that annoying song, or I would own AC/DC if I could turn it into NOFX.

#217 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I dont have one game in my collection that i have to adjust to hard or Xhard to get the rules to act right...

i can play every game here, all 18, on default and enjoy them...and the rules gel like they should.

when i get too good at them, i can up the anti, to make them more challenging....thats why those settings are there, not to make Waisons code gel together...

that is my point....i understand why you guys are doing it... that i get, but that dosent mean stern did a good job or you guys should have to do it...

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I dont have one game in my collection that i have to adjust to hard or Xhard to get the rules to act right...

i can play every game here, all 18, on default and enjoy them...and the rules gel like they should.

when i get too good at them, i can up the anti, to make them more challenging....thats why those settings are there, not to make Waisons code gel together...

that is my point....i understand why you guys are doing it... that i get, but that dosent mean stern did a good job or you guys should have to do it...

Your points would hold a lot more water had you answered my question. Have you played the new code? Everything in pinball is subjective. I have changed the rules from factory on just about every game I have owned. I would also argue that both of the latest versions of code on XMEN are better then 70% of the games you and I have owned currently and in the past.

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Also, I do not understand the complaints about the Iceman ramp.

I suppose you've never played Sabertooth or Magneto Multiball? The ramp swings across during those modes. Try hitting the Iceman shot while the ramp is over to the left...it will start moving while the ball is still on it, causing the ball to drop by the sling, NOT into the left inlane as it should.
This is a DAY ONE BUG and it still exists. They fixed it on Iceman's mode ONLY but not the other modes that use the Iceman ramp!!!!!

I hope you now understand the complaints.

#220 11 years ago

Here is my 2am in the morning mini-review after a dozen or so plays. This is from my perspective and what I would call a fair day pinball player. I maybe play once a week for a hour or so. I am by all means not good at pinball and wizard modes are fairly challenging for me who just likes to bang the silverball around.

I like the code change. I have it set to default and it is quite a bit more crazy and I like that as an average player. Feels like a different game with being able to activate multiple heroes at once, though I do agree the name calling thing is a bit out of whack as the game can't seem to keep up. I however like the madness that is prepping each hero and then attempting to multiball to close 3-5 heroes up at once. Still haven't made it to the Danger Room, however, its nice seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for once.

With this default code, I can see people playing this a touch more even in its current state on routes. It is easier, there is no doubt. Villain mode adjustments are a nice touch as they are easier to accomplish and I have finally seen the HC and BH multiball so its nice to have been able to see that achievement.

I am 100% bothered by the Red Omega bug. Not knowing if he was lit or not, bothers me a bit. Overall I like what they are trying to do. Some bug fixes are definitely needed with callouts and lighting villains properly.

#221 11 years ago

I am not a huge fan of the ramp moving back and forth on Sabertooth at all. MM issue doesn't occur all that often to me.

I understand the complaint. Just hasn't affected me that much.

Merry Christmas.

#222 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I suppose you've never played Sabertooth or Magneto Multiball? The ramp swings across during those modes. Try hitting the Iceman shot while the ramp is over to the left...it will start moving while the ball is still on it, causing the ball to drop by the sling, NOT into the left inlane as it should.
This is a DAY ONE BUG and it still exists. They fixed it on Iceman's mode ONLY but not the other modes that use the Iceman ramp!!!!!
I hope you now understand the complaints.

Was it in 1.1? I didn't think they went nuts with the ramp swinging around until 1.2?

On another note....I haven't had the return of the lock dropping too many balls like version 1.2 and 1.21, but I haven't put many games on though.

#223 11 years ago

Well, I'm glad some people like this dogsh*t update....maybe I can sell my game for $3k lol

#224 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Your points would hold a lot more water had you answered my question. Have you played the new code? Everything in pinball is subjective. I have changed the rules from factory on just about every game I have owned. I would also argue that both of the latest versions of code on XMEN are better then 70% of the games you and I have owned currently and in the past.

I to adjust my settings to hard or extra hard in my games...

But not to make code seem playable...

How can anyone NOT agree that that is F'ed up ?

thats NOT what those adjustments are for, making code playable...

I am 100% familar with the rules, of 1.2...i had the game.... mag LE # 78

sold cause i didnt like the theme... nor did i care to much for the at the time ruleset...

I can read, and wtch the vid posted by one member here, and as i said before, this code update blows...

Wasion did the polar opposite of what pretty much every member here has been discussing all fall...

Stern ie. Waison totaly missed the mark with this update...1.2 was harder for sure but more balanced as far as a ruleset goes...

yes scoring was a mess as well as no villan progression, or ability to stack 1 or 2 heros against a villan, but somewhat solid noe the less..

I see 1.23 as a giant dumpster fire...

Stern is full of QC issues and disappointment on these last 2 releases....

they put too may games out per year and CQ goes right in the shitter...

Tehy prove it time and time again, and this fiasco is NO exception...

#225 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, I'm glad some people like this dogsh*t update....maybe I can sell my game for $3k lol

Ha! Keep your game, take a deep breath, set it to extra hard, play it some more, wait for more updates, and then sell it for the Hobbit or Metallica.

#226 11 years ago

Glad MY MAG belongs to someone else....

and for all of you guys that dig this game, i truly hope they can unscrew the pooch here...

I want everybody that has a game to get a good quality product that has some good meat on the bones and is fun...

I hope "they" at the leading pinball maker in the world plant, can make this a great game for you guys.....

but ya gotta call a spade a spade !

#227 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

but ya gotta call a spade a spade !

You sure do. You don't even have an XM anymore, yet you are in here blathering viral diarrhea about a code update that you haven't played? Just like you made up you mind about Avengers without playing it. You are the Kneejerk King of Pinside, dude. Gotta call a spade a spade, and an asshat an asshat.

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

A quick video for you to look at.. BTW, I set it to flip it, it will take time to proces, in the meantime it will be sideways.
» YouTube video

Wtf is wrong with ur ice man ramp?

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I am 100% familar with the rules, of 1.2...i had the game.... mag LE # 78
sold cause i didnt like the theme... nor did i care to much for the at the time ruleset...
I can read, and wtch the vid posted by one member here, and as i said before, this code update blows...
Wasion did the polar opposite of what pretty much every member here has been discussing all fall...
Stern ie. Waison totaly missed the mark with this update...1.2 was harder for sure but more balanced as far as a ruleset goes...
yes scoring was a mess as well as no villan progression, or ability to stack 1 or 2 heros against a villan, but somewhat solid noe the less..
I see 1.23 as a giant dumpster fire...
Stern is full of QC issues and disappointment on these last 2 releases....
they put too may games out per year and CQ goes right in the shitter...
Tehy prove it time and time again, and this fiasco is NO exception...

Ok... so your saying you have not played 1.22 or 1.23, nor have you played it with the settings changed in any version.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Ha! Keep your game, take a deep breath, set it to extra hard, play it some more, wait for more updates, and then sell it for the Hobbit or Metallica.

I'm kinda just F-ing around ...or am I? Hehehe.

Obviously I'm a very patient person when it comes to this sort of thing, but the truth is I've officially hit "Indifferent" mode. I don't mind hanging onto the game with hopes it will be fixed. At the same time, if someone in So Cal wanted a Magneto and made me a cash or trade offer - I would entertain it. It could stay or go, I'm don't have enough emotional attachment to it & I have other games that I do have strong feelings about that I will likely be playing instead.

#231 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll give you $3k for it

#232 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll give you $3k for it

You've got one already...don't be greedy, it's Xmas!

#233 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll give you $3k for it

I will give him $4k plus shipping.

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I will give him $4k plus shipping.

Then I will sell it to Gerry when its back on his wish list.LOL Sorry Gerry, I had to.

#235 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

The code is playable. And some like it better this way. But I don't. Luckily I dont have to revert I can change a couple adjustments and it plays ok with that change. So I don't see the problem. Certainly not worth writing pages of stern qc bashing on a game you don't even own.

#236 11 years ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Wtf is wrong with ur ice man ramp?

That's the problem we're talking about, random times when the ramp stops in the wrong place for no reason (Like it happens at 1:00 into his video). Or it stops short of the place it's supposed to go and sits. or moves in the middle of a shot and throws the ball down the drain.

#237 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The code is playable. And some like it better this way. But I don't. Luckily I dont have to revert I can change a couple adjustments and it plays ok with that change. So I don't see the problem. Certainly not worth writing pages of stern qc bashing on a game you don't even own.

Just being "playable after a few adjustments" is not acceptable to me after 6 months of being told they were going to fix the code.. and hyped it up as a "power pack" christmas present.

I think it's apparent that they did not spend a respectable amount of time making this right... and that pisses me off.

yep, I'm going to play it, but that's not the point. Of course I'm going to play my $6700 machine, I'm stuck with it, right? (haha).

#238 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

A quick video for you to look at.. BTW, I set it to flip it, it will take time to proces, in the meantime it will be sideways.
» YouTube video

Im wondering if you have a switch that is not registering. Try the ramp test in the menu.

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Just being "playable after a few adjustments" is not acceptable to me after 6 months of being told they were going to fix the code.. and hyped it up as a "power pack" christmas present.
I think it's apparent that they did not spend a respectable amount of time making this right... and that pisses me off.
yep, I'm going to play it, but that's not the point. Of course I'm going to play my $6700 machine, I'm stuck with it, right? (haha).

+ 1,000,000.. thats my point...

Just seems to me that the rest of these guys are trying to make excuses for this Sh&%ty update..

They didnt fix a thing really.. just mushed some stuff around, and again...

pretty much did the opposite on alot of the stuff we all asked for or brought to their attention...

Everything about this game has been sub standard for the most part since it came out...

A great PF design by Borg, with challenging shots, that were a blast to try to get proficient at, but thats about it...

littered with mechanical bugs, and just a let down to large extent...

Denial isnt gonna make this game come to life...

Stern actually doing their job proficiently and listening to it customer base will...

And that they apparently dont do.... its quite obvious..

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You sure do. You don't even have an XM anymore, yet you are in here blathering viral diarrhea about a code update that you haven't played? Just like you made up you mind about Avengers without playing it. You are the Kneejerk King of Pinside, dude. Gotta call a spade a spade, and an asshat an asshat.

Whatever, you got a game that is a mess, and is still a mess, and if you wanna live in the world of denial, and call it a prophecy go ahead...

I was there too...

They sold ya a game that was barely playble out of the box, they updated, and made it a bunch better, but nowhere near what it shoulda came out of the box like in the first place...

Now they shove this code at ya, and it seemingly has made the game worse...that is obvious.

that is the popular concensous here, so i have read, and i read all the reviews and i can comprehend what going on just fine...

this update is clearly an underachievment of a grande magnitude..

but i'm glad your enjoying having to tweak setting to the max just to get it to play somewhat like a game...

#242 11 years ago

And Pen, yeah, i have played all of the codes up to this point...

My game didnt leave a month ago it left days ago...

#243 11 years ago

Well how about this for where the Iceman ramp plunked my ball? If I was playing golf we'd put this one in the "unplayable" category and I'd get a free drop. Not sure where to drop this ball though...

This is just one of those oddball bounces from the ramp. I started Iceman and hit the ramp before it moved over all the way, so can't really blame it on 1.23 (just thought it was kinda funny).

Don't mind the Iceman ramp in the Iceman mode, but it still has a mind of its own during Sabertooth and Magneto multiball.

Played some more tonight (setting on hard) and I like the overall changes. Sure was hoping for more though, hopefully next time around.

iceman.JPGiceman.JPG

#244 11 years ago

And to the wishlist comment...

NOPE, I'm good...

If it ends up having the BEST ruleset Stern ever puts out, i dont want it back in the home...

But for you guys i hope thats the way it turns out in a year or 2 (jk) ...i really want that for every XM owner...you guys deserve to have a good solid fun game thats complete..

Its not a theme i shoudla bought, and not a game i'd take up realestate with...

But i would gladly like to play it and enjoy the PF layout and a solid ruleset if that ever happens, on my bud's LE...

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

And Pen, yeah, i have played all of the codes up to this point...
My game didnt leave a month ago it left days ago...

Gerry- "I'm not acting as i have, nor did i play it, and i wont for a week or 2. thats if my buddy even is willing to leave 1.23 in after he tries it...

and i dont think he will...

I can read, and watch a vid of play...

I owned the game and know all about it with 1.2...

I dont need to play it to know that the update is super sub standard, and basicaly opposite of what we all were asking for, for months on end..."

Me- ok

#246 11 years ago

Well, haven't put this in yet...not sure if I'll just pretend it doesn't exist and be happier.

Quick questions:

Is Beast Voice the same? Figured more people would be thrilled/pissed...no matter what happened.

New quotes? New Animations? Anything interesting to report?

Still not panicking, and certainly not ready to charge the Stern factory with pitchforks and torches (as some of you seem ready to do). I have no reason to be impatient and hyper. Things always turn out okay in the end.

Pete

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Right and I already stated something similar above. But my comment was specific as I quoted something specific Gerry said. And that's to the point that it makes no difference what the programmer intended. If I can make sone adjustments and enjoy the game more then I should.

And I don't feel stuck with my game. I still like it. I expected a lot in this 3 month power pack. We got nothing. But that didn't turn my game into a turd.

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

They sold ya a game that was barely playble out of the box

True

Quoted from Gerry:

they updated, and made it a bunch better, but nowhere near what it shoulda came out of the box like in the first place...

true

Quoted from Gerry:

Now they shove this code at ya, and it seemingly has made the game worse...that is obvious.

False. Nothing was "shoved". No one had to update. And nothing is worse.

Quoted from Gerry:

that is the popular concensous here

I disagree. Everyone's upset this is all we got not that it's way worse.

Quoted from Gerry:

so i have read, and i read all the reviews and i can comprehend what going on just fine...

no I don't think you can. Like the avengers threads, you are jumping to conclusions without playing or testing. Inexcusable

Quoted from Gerry:

this update is clearly an underachievment of a grande magnitude..

True and this is valid. After 3 months and calling it a power pack...

Quoted from Gerry:

but i'm glad your enjoying having to tweak setting to the max just to get it to play somewhat like a game...

There is no "having to tweak". But making some setting changes is fine. Do you also refuse to change the default volume level because that's not the level the programmer wanted? Do you write paragraphs about having to enable free play? This is pretty dumb dude

In this case, it's a matter of a very small update when we were hoping for a large power pack. There are some definite benefits to the update. But the stacking of the hero modes was going to make me revert to 1.22. After changing one setting, my game with 1.23 is better than any other version. But still far short of what I had hoped. So yea, nothing wrong with making a settings adjustment to enjoy the game.

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Well, haven't put this in yet...not sure if I'll just pretend it doesn't exist and be happier.
Quick questions:
Is Beast Voice the same? Figured more people would be thrilled/pissed...no matter what happened.
New quotes? New Animations? Anything interesting to report?
Still not panicking, and certainly not ready to charge the Stern factory with pitchforks and torches (as some of you seem ready to do). I have no reason to be impatient and hyper. Things always turn out okay in the end.
Pete

Beast is the same (I never had a problem with it)

Get a copy of the old code try the new code for a week or so, then decide if the old code is better. That is my plan anyway (set to hard)

#250 11 years ago

Once set to hard, there is no argument I can see against the new code over the old. Not saying the new code is good or that I'm happy. Just that the only downside of it is solved with the settings change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-code-123-is-live/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.