Topic poll

“Does 1.23 add value to the game?”

• Bah Humbug, stick with 1.22. 60 votes
    55%
  • Merry Christmas Gary, 1.23 is great. 49 votes
    45%

(109 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20130101_151528.jpg
IMG_20130101_151522.jpg
IMG_20130101_151506.jpg
IMG_20130101_151459.jpg
IMG_20130101_151455.jpg
IMG_20121230_223557.jpg
IMG_20121230_223546.jpg
IMG_20121230_222234.jpg
11111ddd.jpg
iceman.JPG

There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

i'm thinking of going back to 1.22 myself. Anyone else?

My ramp is out for powdercoat now, but i'll be going back when returns. I don't really care about score, so the multipliers are a non issue. Setting the hellfire and brotherhood targets to very easy at least lets me play them once per game usually. Only thing i'll really miss is the better working magnets, not that big a deal.

Its too bad for me, but that's the risk I took buying a game on theme, art and layout I guess. Although I guess I could be mad that the instruction apron card led me to believe the code would not be going in this direction either.... its all wrong now... I was one of the few that really liked it before the last update, didn't need much changed for me at that point.

Hopefully more people end up liking the changes so I can sell it I guess

#702 7 years ago

So after a short period of playing it, I have to count myself in the minority of really liking 1.23. Maybe it's because I'm a less skilled player, so I feel like I can do more in it. However, since it seems that the goal of pinball is primarily location use, not pinheads, I think this is what Stern is looking for game wise. Makes the game more approachable, people playing for the first time have more fun playing and walk away feeling like they accomplished something in the game. Difficulty settings in the operators menu can always compensate for home use or catering to a more saavy crowd. I also can't help but notice that quite a few of the changes are things I've seen people saying they wanted in threads here. Makes me wonder, why doesn't Stern do open source on code? I see no financial downside to them, as it's not like they charge for updates anyway. Going open source allows the community to change the game as they desire while maintaining stable "official" releases. The benefits of this are underscored with the DE Star Wars code update. However, that only happened because of tedious reverse engineering of compiled code. What am I missing here? Why should a pinball company not want to make their code open source? Find it hard to believe there are many trade secrets code wise in regards to pinball.

#703 7 years ago

I just noticed that the ball save light no longer comes on during the first ball, although the ball save feature does work. Another glitch....

#704 7 years ago

I haven't seen an extra ball in forever since doing the update.

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from Battery111:

What am I missing here? Why should a pinball company not want to make their code open source?

I am just guessing:

1. The license holder would have to approve it if you added any graphic.
2. Liability in case something goes wrong to the machine due to the software.

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

+1

#707 7 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe the default '5' modes for an EB is now based doing 4 villains and completing at least one hero. I like this rule as it gives a little more incentive to play the villains.

#708 7 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

My ramp is out for powdercoat now, but i'll be going back when returns. I don't really care about score, so the multipliers are a non issue. Setting the hellfire and brotherhood targets to very easy at least lets me play them once per game usually. Only thing i'll really miss is the better working magnets, not that big a deal.

So unfortunately, on v1.22 and older, the hellfire / brotherhood targets set to very easy has *no impact*. The feature was not implemented so the menu item does nothing. Also, v1.22 magnets are just as strong as v1.23. I noticed going from 1.20 to 1.23 the magnets got really strong, then 1.23 to 1.22 the magnets stayed just as strong. Bummer, I haven't seen hellfire or brotherhood since reverting to 1.23.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Correct me if im wrong, but i believe the default '5' modes for an EB is now based doing 4 villains and completing at least one hero. I like this rule as it gives a little more incentive to play the villains.

I believe heroes are no longer counted at all. It's all villians. On 1.23 I set it to 3 from 5.

#710 7 years ago

Where can I get 1.22?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 711 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside